- MAYER, MAYR, MEYER, SECKLER, SEKLER posted by Christine Seckler Richmond on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Searching for naturalization records, etc pertaining to my ancestor, "John/Johann/Joann Xaverius Seckler/Sekler - who arrived in Philadelphia 1850-1853 from Wurttemberg, Germany. He also may be listed under the name "Xaxerius/Xaver" Seckler/Sekler. He married "Theresia Meyer/Meier/Mayr in 1852-1853 - either in Philadelphia or Montgomery country. He resided in Montgomery county - as a farmer - until he moved to the midwest in approx 1864. I'm looking for census/naturalization/marriage/letterof intent/or christening Records during 1850-1865 .
- CAHILL, FOWLER posted by Sherry Petersen on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I have a John Cahill, b. 1833 Ireland, and a Catharine Fowler , born 1835 Ireland, immigrating between 1847-1855. They married sometime between 1850-1857 and had a child Elizabeth born in Pennsylvania 1857. Searching for naturalization, marriage, birth info, general history, etc.
- POLLOCK, THORN posted by Janet Thorn on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am seeking information on Walter St. Clair Thorn, who lived at 4711 Leiper St., Frankford from at least 1900 to 1960. He was married to Janet Pride Pollock Thorn. They had four children, Paul Pollock Thorn (my father) who died in 1968, Horace Clifford (Cliff) Thorn (deceased) and Warren Thorn (who moved to Baltimore). A girl whose name I do not know, died as a child, possibly in the influenza epidemic. Walter S. Thorn's parents were Horace Thorn and Ellen Greenly Thorn. Janet P. Thorn's parents were John Pollock and Elizabeth Finley Pollock.
- AYER, TAFT posted by Les Olson on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am seeking information on Frances Caroline Taft, born Oct. 6 1870. She was living in Philadelphia in the mid-1920's and died there after 1938. Her husband was Albert John Thayer Ayer, born June 4 1877 in Belchertown, Massachusetts. He was disabled in WWI and died in the Bedford, MA VA Hospital.
- HALLER, MCCAFFREY, NORTHIME posted by Diana Wakefield on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on the NORTHIME, MCCAFFREY, and HALLER families from Philadelphia around 1850-1900. The MCCAFFREY family had fourteen siblings, some of them eventually moved to Trenton NJ.
- CHAMBERS, MILLER posted by Barbara Easterday on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on a MARIANNE C. CHAMBERS who married a MICHAEL MILLER in Phila., PA on Jan 16, 1845 at Asbury Methodist Epsicopal Church. Marianne was born in England in Feb. 1824. They had 12 children; Joseph, Sarah Eliza., Mary Ann, Michael III, William Brown, Emma Jane, William Albert, John Washington, Seline Rison, George Brown, Abraham Lincoln, and Henrietta. Yes they are middle names that are included.
- SONDEREKER posted by Joan Wyatt on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for info on John Ulrich Sondereker. I have a marriage for him in Philadelphia 1753. Hope someone can help me here,
- WINEMORE, WINNEMORE posted by Kathie Groll on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Researching the name Winnemore/Winemore in Philadelphia, PA, circa 1732 to the present time. There are several families with this name and I am trying to find a common connection.
- CRAIG, HOUSLEY, JOYCE, MAGEE, TALMAN posted by Gene Rice on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for info on an unknown half-sister. Wiley Mitchell HOUSLEY, stationed in Philadelphia during WWI, married a Phildelphia girl named Florence Sarah MAGEE (or TALMAN) about 1918. Florence was probably born around 1900. Her parents were likely Charles Elmer MAGEE and Louise Rebecca CRAIG. Wiley and Florence had a daughter, Florence Mary HOUSLEY on 25 Dec 1918. Wiley and Florence, his wife, apparently parted shortly thereafter. Its even possible that Wiley never even knew he had a daughter, and he went on to marry and have other children. We've only recently discovered Wiley had this earlier relationship and family, and we're trying to track down info on Florence Mary HOUSLEY (the unknown half-sister) and/or descendents. She may have married a JOYCE.
- TAYLOR posted by Cecy Rice on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- John M. TAYLOR was born on Noble St, Philadelphia, PA in 1817 (this entry in family bible). I know nothing about his parents or siblings. He moved to and spent most of his life in Mifflinburg, Union Co, PA. He married Isabella SILVERWOOD. Any help on his parents and siblings would be greatly appreciated.
- MCCOOL, THORTON posted by Randy Lee McCool on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Seeking info: John McCool (middle name Edward or Jacob), b:1816 in Pennsylvania, d:1863 in Warsaw MO, John's first wife Elizabeth Thorton, John's father Walter McCool. Philadelphia County Census of 1840 lists John McCool & Elizabeth Thorton with 2 children. Philadelphia County Census of 1830 lists John McCool still at home with Walter McCool as head of household. John McCool had a son William Acey McCool from second wife Minerva Jackson Tolliver; William Acey lists father John McCool's birthplace as Pennsylvania. John McCool also had a brother Samuel. Looking for Walter's birth place, birthdate, wife info, etc.
- DUROSS posted by Eileen Duross on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am looking for a Duross Family that resided in Philadelphia in 1860. I cannot find any info for 1870.
- FINLEY, GREENLY, POLLOCK, THORN posted by Janet Thorn on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- My grandfather, Walter St. Clair THORN, lived at 4711 Leiper St. in Frankford. He worked at the Frankford Arsenal as a machinist. He was married to Janet Pride POLLOCK. They had four children: Paul (my father), Warren (who moved to Baltimore), and Horace Clifford (Cliff), and a girl who died as a child. Walter's parents were Horace St. Clair THORN and Ellen GREENLY. Janet's parents were John POLLOCK and Elizabeth FINLEY. I would appreciate any information on my family.
- CARNEY, ÖSTERREICHER, KEARNEY, SHIELDS posted by Brian Carney on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for info on Owen Kearney and Sarah Kearney and son James Carney who lived on Marriott St. between 1850-1880.
- WEIGHELL posted by Steve Weighell on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- "Yorkshireman Stabbed in Philadelphia Bar Room Brawl"; or so family lore has it. My grandfather and his brother, being the youngest of a large farming family from Osmotherley (North Riding of Yorkshire, England) joined the Merchant Navy and sought adventure in foreign parts. It all ended unpleasantly in Philadelphia in August 1907 when my great uncle, John WEIGHELL, aged 34 at the time, was killed in circumstances that are less than clear - in fact, rather shady. I believe he is buried in Arlington Cemetery (in the suburbs of Philly??). Can anyone shed any light on this? What records ought there to be in USA, and how do I access them from the UK? In particular, might there be a newspaper report that would cover the story, and how would I find it?
- BAKER, PESTER posted by Mary Lu Pester on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- William Pester (28), James Pester (46) and Matthew Pester (35) , ages stated in the 1850 cenus, arrived in the U.S. from England between 1836 and 1844. I have found their naturalization information as well, but the information only tells us they come from England. We are curious to find out what city in England these men came from and how they are related. William Pester is my great, great grandfather.
- LINDSAY, NYSE posted by Georgia Garrett on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Lindsay, David b. abt1695 in Philadelphia , Philadelphia County, PA m. Ruth Nyse b.1897. Looking for parents of David Lindsay or Lindsey around 1690's.
- GABEL, GOEBEL, WUNDER posted by Anne Laukka on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Seeking Peter GABEL (GOEBEL?) a stonemason in "Germantown" from early to mid-1800's. Married Elmira WUNDER 1850's (?). Moved to Illinois during or after Civil War.
- BURKE, FOERING posted by Dolores Frances Burke Valentine on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Trying to find information about my father WILLIAM JOSEPH BURKE who was born in Philadelphia in 1905 or possibly 1904. My mother was named ELEANOR FRANCES FOERING, also born in Philadelphia on August 4, 1912. I was born in Hartford, Connecticut on July 20, 1938. I am unsure as to whether my parents were married at that time or ever.
- LOUDEN posted by Sheri Baker on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for information on Jacob Louden who is listed in the 1790 Philadelphia County, PA census in Southwark Township. Also seeking information on other Loudens in this area.
- TAPPER posted by J. Marie Gold on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I'm very new at this, but I'm looking for some information on the TAPPER family that is from Germantown Pa. Around 1800s. Can anyone help?
- APPLEBAUM, BELL, BELOFSKY, LEVITT, ROSENBERG posted by June Nessler on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Need info from the descendants of the connected families listed above. All emigrated from Eastern Europe/Russia to Philadelphia.
- FREED, HOFFMAN, HOFFMANN, SELTZER, SILVERBOOK, YESNIKOFF posted by June Nessler on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- This HOFFMAN family emigrated from Roumania and married into the other families listed above. Would like to hear from any descendants for documentation. Samuel and Channah Hoffman settled in Phila. betw 1890-1900. Their children: Fanny, Charles, Morris, Jacob, Riva, Ada. Eedel and Miriam Hoffmann also came to Phila. Their children: Daniel, Devoira, Morris, Elke, Sophia. Devoira (Dora) married Harry SELTZER.
- FURLOW, RHOADES, RHODES posted by Ralph Bruner on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Elizabeth ("Betsy") FURLOW, my ancestor, born Philadelphia, circa 1775. Married 1st Jacob RHOADES. Settled in Nicholas County, KY circa 1795. Had daughter Lydia RHODES, who married Archibald GLENN 1818 in Nicholas County, KY; possibly had other children. Married 2nd William Wishart in KY circa 1801; had son Robert C. Wishard. Searching forElizabeth FURLOW's parents and Philadelphia kin and Jacob RHO(A)DES.
- GILBERT, GRIESBACH posted by Geri Seitz on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Need ancestors & siblings of WILLIAM HENRY GILBERT b.July 25, 1841 Pa. m. Jan. 6, 1864, Mo., CHRISTINA KATHRINA MARGRETHA GRIESBACH b. Sept 13, 1845 Baveria, Germany.
- COLLINS, REIS, ROULEAU, WHITNEY posted by Richard W. Whitney Sr. on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I trying to trace Leon Rouleau Whitney, my father. b 20 June 1892, Buffalo, NY d 24 Jan 1951 at the Phila. Naval Hospital in South Phila. m Viola Reis in Phila. PA Lived in the Olney section. His father was Harry Whitney, mother was Louise Rouleau. (Also known as Louise Collins, having married Harry Collins, a butcher in the Strawberry Mansion section of the city.) Source: Death Certificate signed by R W Holmes 25 Jan 1951. He served in the US Army 1917 to 1919, Sergeant, Co E, 19th Engineers, 17th Bn, 153rd DB. He served in France. Honorable discharge states LRW was born in Buffalo NY, was 26 years old when he enlisted in Phila. and occupation was a clerk. Discharged @ Camp Dix, NJ. After WW 2 served as president of the Phila. Marine Travel Club and was General Passenger Agent for American Export Lines with offices in the PSFS building. He also worked for F. Schumacher, Raymond-Whitcomb and Royal Mail in Trenton. prior to joining American Export Lines. Any information will be appreciated. I have some further information I would share with anyone who is also researching LRW.
- ONEAL, STIDHAM posted by Connie Dunlap on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Am looking for info, on David Wayne Stidham who married Anna M Oneal, they left Philadelphia and presumed to have gone to Arkansas. Any info would be appreciated.
- EINWECHTER, REILLY, SHEPPARD, WADSWORTH posted by Jane Reilly Purcell on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- George Einwechter married Elizabeth Reilly about 1853 in Philadelphia, PA. Their children were: George, Jr., Elizabeth (Sheppard), John A., Mary (Wadsworth). George Einwechter was a building contractor in Philadelphia. I would like to share information with anyone related to this family.
- FURNIVAL, SUTLING posted by Marion Clare on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Searching for ELEANOR SUTLING aka. Nellie. born abt. 1878 Middlesex. England. She went to Philadelphia abt. 1895 as a nanny to the children of a family called FURNIVAL on the ocean voyage and stayed with them until her death c. 1962. Eleanor was the eldest daughter of ELEANOR JOHNSON and CHARLES SUTLING. Any information on Nellie, any Sutlings or the Furnival family who employed her please.
- DECKER, TAYLOR posted by Jennifer L. Starin on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Searching for info on JOSEPH GARIBALDI TAYLOR. He is known to have died in Pittsburgh, P.A. in 1920. Born 1861 ni Summersetshire, England. Married EMMA CATHERINE DECKER in P.A.
- HELLER posted by John Gunder on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Who and where did Isacc HELLER go? I have that he took the Oath of Allegiance 1776 in Philidelphia Pennsylvaina and at that time he was listed as 26 years old. Could this be the same Isaac HELLER that later showed up in Berks Co on the Tax list in 1790. I am at a stand still on this man and could use lots of help.
- PEIFER, PFEIFER, PIFER, PYFFER posted by Alice Simpson on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for parents of WILLIAM PYFFER. born 1816, PA. Found 1850 living in Germantown Twp., Philadelphia Co. Philadelphia, PA wife Sarah [?]. 13 children all born Germantown Twp. Mother may be named Barbara.
- JACKSON posted by CatherineOhrin on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for info on grandmother, Dorothy Frances JACKSON, lived in No. Phila 21st & Green. She was born 5/04 in New Jersey, died 12/63 in Phila. She moved to Philly from NY in the 1940's. Looking to find ino on her.
- SCHWEISS posted by Dick Schweiss on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I'm looking for information on Anton Schweiss and his brother Joseph Schweiss (one lived in Conshohocken .. the other in Philadelphia). Anton was married to Freida Kuehfuhs, they had five children .. Frederick, Joan, Elizabeth, Frances, and Carol Ann. Joseph was married to Mary Ronnan .. they had one daughter, Rosemary, as far as I know. Tony and Joes parents were Fredrick and Elizabety Schweiss, from the St George, Minnesota area. I am willing to exchange information with anyone related to these individuals.
- GABEL, WUNDER posted by Anne Laukka on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Searching for Peter GABEL parents. He was born Germantown 1825. Married Elmira WUNDER 1854 Kensington PA. Any info on siblings or parents of either great. Elmira Cuthbert WUNDER was born in Philadelphia 9/18/1832.
- WINTERHOLER posted by Wendie Price on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on the WINTERHOLER family. They are living at 1037 Crease Street. Many are buried at the St. Peters Cemetery,on Tioga St.The father would be Anton and the mother is Katherine Elizebeth (Rhein)
- JACKSON, ROSECRANS posted by Brooke Fry on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Looking for any information on my ggg grandfather William JACKSON, JR., born Philadelphia 1801 and his father, William JACKSON, SR., born England, fought in Am. Revolution and War of 1812. Wm. Jr., married Hannah Eliza Rosecrans inNYC 18 June 1820. Migrated to VA; last found Petersburg, VA 1860 census. Was told he died Baltimore, MD August 1885. Have death cert. for a Wm. Jackson, who died Baltimore 30 Aug. 1885, buried Loudon Park Memorial Cemetery. NeedPhiladelphia connection.
- CLARK posted by Debbe Hagner on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Seeking information on Ledru CLARK who died in Philadelphia around 1910 to 1914. Anyone has access to the index or or city directory or obits. I dont know what month.
- GARDNER, GREDE, MONEY, RAFFEL posted by Chris Peterson on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Searching for info on my great grandparents, John Grede, (Died abt. 1924), his wife, Josephine Raffel (died abt. 1909-10). I have no other info other than they were from Phila. Also searching great grandparents, Ella May Gardner, who married Charles Money (one of 13 children, ggfather was a firefighter, possibly named John) from the Chestnut Hill area.
- HOULTEN, HOULTON, REESE posted by Clark Kidder on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am searching for information on my 2nd Great Grandfather Louis (Lewis) M. Reese who was born in Philadelphia in the 1820s. He married Eliza Jane Ritchie in NYC circa 1849. I need his birth date/place and any information on his ancestors or descendants. I am also searching for records pertaining to my 4th G-Grandfather, John Houlton/Houlten, born in England or Ireland and died in Philadelphia in 1768 or 1769. He married Elizabeth Brooke. They were Quakers and John was an attorney.
- FARLEY, FURLEY, MEYERS, MYERS posted by Gregory Myers on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Seeking any information on a Jacob Myers/Meyers and other varients who was born in PA about 1833 and married a Mary Farley or Furley in the 1850's in Philadelphia. Their first son James Myers/Meyers was born in Philadelphia in December 1858 - 1860. They then left Philadelphia and moved to St. Louis, MO. Any information on these families or records (birth and/or marriage) would be much appreciated.
- BROCKMAN, GABEL, WUNDER posted by Anne Laukka on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Am seeking info on Adelaide Brockman, m. Peter Gabel 1846 died in childbirth 1852. Married in Germantown. Peter Gabel married Elmira Cuthbert Wunder in Kensington PA in 1854. Would like any marriage or death info, or direction to the correct source.
- BIRCHALL, MEADOWCROFT, SOLLY posted by B.J. Lazo on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am searching for information on William SOLLY born 1818 in PA and his wife Mary Ann BIRCHALL. They had several chhildren but one daughter named Agnes Virginia SOLLY married Charles William MEADOWCROFT circa 1887. I am also looking for info on North(or New) Frankford Baptist Church in Philadephia, Philadelphia CO,PA. Is it still in existence? I need an address for it. Thanks
- BABBITT, ROBERTS posted by Robert Brown on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Seeking the ancestors of my great-great-grandmother, Elizabeth H. Roberts, who married Charles William Babbitt, in Philadelphia, on 27 Nov 1856. It is possible that she came from NJ.
- INGRAM, LEATHUM posted by Tom Williams on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- Seeking parents of Susanna LEATHUM; born: 1705 in Philadelphia, PA; married: 1726 to John INGRAM, Sr. in Philadelphia, PA; died: between 1753-1796 in [prob.] PA. John and Susanna were the parents of Elizabeth INGRAM, our 4th great-grandmother.
- CAVANAUGH posted by Donna Whinnery on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am seeking information on my ancestor John CAVANAUGH. All I know is that he arrived in Pennsylvania from Antrim Co., Ireland in 1774. It is said that he fought in the Revolutionary War. His son John CAVANAUGH died Philadelphia 1857. His grandson is Dr. Thomas H. Cavanaugh, a physician born in Chester Co. PA. Their religious affiliation is possibly Methodist Episcopal.
- BAUER, BOWER, FARNELL, ILLICH posted by Bermuda Cruz on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am searching for my half sister, she was born around June 14th 1949 I believe. She was at St.Vincents home for children and adopted by a family named Bauer, Bower, and was raised in East Falls Phila., PA. Her birth name was Cheryl, Her birth mother was named Diana Louise Illich. or at that time since she was had recently divorced could have been Farnell. She had contacted my Grandmother about 15 years ago and got news that her mother was dead. No one ever told me about her and I desperatly would like to find her now. Please contact me if you have any information about her.
- HARPER posted by Bill Morgan on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- on Aug 2, 1682 John and Ann Harper, with five children, John, Josiah, Charles, Joseph and Mary arrived at Philaadelphia harber as part of the William Penn Expedition. John and Ann were dropped from the Quaker roles before their death, but they left five children that were born in England and two additional children, Elizabeth 1684 and Ralph 1687. I'm looking for a record of Charles, Josiah, John and Ralph in the form of census or church records.
- LELAND, TAXIS posted by Eric Bennett on Saturday, April 15, 2000
- I am searching for info on the marriage of My Ancestor John Taxis' Marriage to Dorcas Leland at St Michael's Lutheran Church in Philidelphia, PA. I have info which suggests that the Church was called St Michael and Zions Lutheran Church.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project