- DENO, HENTZ posted by Kenneth Larsen on Tuesday, February 1, 2000
- JACOB HENTZ, wife CATHERINE DENO. Jacob was a Civil War Veteran. I need any information on them, my Great-Grandparents. Were they the immigrants or their parents? Jacob from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, GER.
- DUBOSE, DUBOSQ, FEBRY, FEEBY, HAMM, MURNANE posted by Molly Murnane on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I'm looking for information on the following surnames MURNANE, HAMM, DUBOSQ (DUBOSE), and FEBBY (FEBRY). Thomas Murnane lived in Phila. from @1847 until his death in 1873. He was married with five children. One of his daughters married a Dubosq and had a son Peter, born @1867. His other daughter married a Febby and had a son named Thomas, born @1872. Also looking for info on James Hamm, born in Phila. @1810 or any of his sons, William, Samuel, James and especially Albert. William and Samuel were jewelers. Albert was a carpenter and policeman. Any help would really be appreciated.
- MACATEER, MCENTYRE, MCINTIRE, MCINTYRE posted by Helen M. Imburgia on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I'm looking for info on a Thomas McINTYRE, b. c1830 in Ireland & d. bet. 1869-1879 in Reading, Berks Co., PA. He m. Bridget (Bee) NORTON b. Mar 1833 in Ireland. They lived in Reading, Berks Co., PA. Thomas may have had family who lived in Chester Co., PA &/or Philadelphia, PA. Both Thomas & a brother, Bernard McINTYRE became citizens in Philadelphia & are living there in the 1860 Census.
- FEEL, FEHL, FEHLE, FEHLER, FELL, PFUHL posted by Helen M. Imburgia on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I'm looking for info on the family of Henry FELL. From his military record dated 24 Aug 1833--In open court to obtain benefit of pension, Henry FELL, resident of Lower Mt. Bethel, was drafted in the year 1775. Again, drafted in 1777, the fall of 1778, & 1780. He was born in 1756 in Philadelphia Co., PA. He died abt. 1835 in Mt. Bethel, Northampton Co., PA.
- FOOSE, FOSS, FOX, FUCHS posted by Helen M. Imburgia on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I'm looking for info on a Harold (Harry) & Hannah (Hanson) FOSS who immigrated from Scotland & Denmark & are living in the Philadelphia, PA area around or before 1880. They had a son William b. 1881-82 & a daughter Myrtle b. 1885. She died young & unmarried in Philadelphia, date unknown?
- VANFOSSEN posted by Beth Van Fossen Lias on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for the name of the wife of Ezra VAN FOSSEN (Arnold, Arnold, jr., Arnold 111). I have her only as "Irish Spinster."
- SWEENEY, SWEENY posted by Ceil Gilmore on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for g-grandparents Cornelius(Neal)&Mary Sweeney.They lived in Phila.Pa.1854to1895.They had three daughters Annie,Sharah&Cecilia.
- HOLBERT, PLATT posted by June Gautieri on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for information on John Holbert of Phila and Mary Platt of Burlington County, NJ. Mary was born in 1812 and died in 1880 in Phila. Info on Mary came from Platts of Burlington County, written by Charles Platt. I am trying to find out what happened to them when they moved to Phila. Any help would be so appreciated.
- PILE, PYLE, YOUNG posted by Steven L. Shope on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Perhaps you might have heard of a Richard YOUNG who married a Wilhelmina PYLE on 24 Dec 1856. I obtained this date from the LDS IGI files online, and it is the only date I have concerning either of these two people. They had at least one daughter, Jeanette YOUNG (b. 4 Dec 1863 in Philadelphia and d. 19 Dec 1961 in Bridgton, Maine). I have a small hymnal presented to Richard YOUNG on 1 Dec 1844 "for proficiency in Shorter Catechism" by the Sunday School of the 4th Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia. Richard was my third great grandfather. His daughter, Jeanette, married an Episcopal priest (The Rev. Henry Bell Bryan). Jeanette Young was born 4 Dec 1863 in Philadelphia. Both Jeanette and Fr. Henry are buried in Middletown, DE. I would appreciate any information on Richard YOUNG and Wilhelmina PYLE.
- GIBBONS, WOODWARD posted by Barbara Bader on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Garin Woodward, parents Charles and Louisa, b. about 1820 in PA married Rachael Gibbons, parents George and Rachael, b. about 1825. They lived in Philadelphia in 1850. Garin and Charles were tobaconnists. Their daughter, Emma b. 1845 married Harry Swartzlander of Bucks Co. in 1871.
- CROZIER posted by Edith Cameron Blankenship on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on Jane Watson CROZIER, born abt. 1807, in Ireland but who probably died in Philadelphia. She and her husband, William Crozier, came to Philadelphia from Ireland in 1841 with children Eliza Jane, Margaret "Maggie," and probably James and Fanny. Eliza and Maggie are later found in Montgomery, AL as is their father William and a younger brother, William Henry, born after they arrived in the U. S. What happened to the mother, Jane, and to the other siblings, James Crozier and Fanny Crozier? If anyone knows about the rest of this family, I would appreciate some help. Jane was my third great grandmother.
- CHEW, SADLER, SEYFRIED posted by Bob Harper on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Researching: William Riley SADLER (1869-1950), Benjamin CHEW (1885-1939), Laura May FOREMAN CHEW (1880-1956), Eugene SEYFRIED (1883-1955) all buried at "Fernwood Cemetery" outside Philadelphia, PA. Any help or clues will be most appreciated.
- HOLLYWOOD, MCGOVERN posted by Fran McGovern on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- HOLLYWOOD, Madeline, b. Feb 1877 in Ireland. Immigrated 1889 and settled in Phila. Probably traveled with sisters, Maggie and Kate, possibly Helena. Married Thomas MCGOVERN in Apr/May 1898 at St. Michael's church. Three children, Thomas b. 14 Sep 1899, Marie b. 30 Aug. 1901, and John b. 15 Jan 1903. Appeared in 1900 census at 1416 Mascher St. On 1910 census address was shown as House of Corrections. Thereafter disappeared. Would like to know why she was in House of Corrections, where she went after that, ship she immigrated on, town of origin, parents names, date of death. Any help would be appreciated.
- FLANAGAN posted by Fran McGovern on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- FLANAGAN, Joseph, b. 22 Nov 1874 in Philadelphia. Married Catherine Monaghan, b. Apr. 1974, and had one child, Mary Veronica b. 5 Jun 1895. Joseph died 6 Mar 1908. Death certificate states his occupation was "driver". Obituary states funeral was held at home of his parents, 2600 Pine Street, requiem mass at St. Patrick's. Would like information regarding his family at that address, i.e. names of parents, siblings, life with wife and daughter, etc. Unable to locate them on any census. Any information would be appreciated.
- SCHOPPET posted by Fran McGovern on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- SCHOPPET, Frank (Francis Valentine) b. Nov 1849 in Braunweiler, Germany. Immigrated to US in 1872 and settled in Philadelphia where he worked as a baker. Married 2 times, Dora, and to Margaret WISGICKL in 1906 at St. Boniface Catholic Church. They had several children Lizzie b. 1893, Theresa b. 1896, John b. 1899, Caroline b. 1901, Julius b. 1902, Marie b. 1904, Anthony b. 1907and Edith b. 1909. Would like some information about ship he immigrated on, port of entry, his business in Philadelphia, societies he may have been a member of. Any information would be appreciated.
- SCHOPPET, WISGICKL posted by Fran McGovern on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- WISGICKL, Margaret, b. Jul 1873 in Bavaria, Germany and immigrated to U. S. in 1889 probably with a sister, Caroline. Married Frank SCHOPPET in 1906 at St. Boniface Church. Would like information about the town she came from in Bavaria, parents' names, her immigration, i.e. what ship, what port of entry, and date of death. Any information would be appreciated.
- REIMER, TAYLOR posted by Jeff Crowell on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- George William TAYLOR born April 25, 1855 in Philadelphia. Father: Isaac TAYLOR. Mother: Martha REIMER. Since births were not officially recorded until 1860, how can I pinpoint more on this Isaac TAYLOR family? Have been unsuccessful with census data & city directories...how else can I pinpoint where they lived? There are several Isaacs in censuses and directories. Maybe by finding where they lived I can check the records of the neighborhood churches.
- GUTHRIE, SIMPSON posted by Jack Martin on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for descendants of John SIMPSON and Alice GUTHRIE. They were living in Philadelphia in 1889. Also looking for descendants of Alexander GUTHRIE and his wife Agnes. They too were in Philadelphia in 1918. Sarah GUTHRIE, in 1889, was at the Christ Church Hospital in Philadelphia, a sister to Alice and Alexander.
- BARROW posted by Mary Ann Barrow on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Any info on Daniel D. BARROW or his son, Michael BARROW married to Anna Mary RILEY would be appreciated. Came from Ireland and settledin Phila but not sure where in the city. Later moved to Delaware County.
- LIGHTCAP posted by Rosey Sears on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for Jacob Lightcap, large landowner in philadelphia in mid to late 1700's, a tory, land became part of Fairmount Park, had a son, Samuel who was a railroad engineer from Pottstown who moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Need wife of Jacob and any connections to prior Lightcaps.
- CAMPBELL, GINTER posted by Judy Jackson on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My grandfather(James) was orphaned around 1904 and taken in by Girard College around that time. His parents were Michael B and Edith M (Ginter) Campbell. Can you help me find info on him?
- FAULKNER, WHIPPLE, WISEMAN posted by Gloria Robbins on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Philadelphia Co., 1920's - Looking for an Anna (Annie) Whipple or Tillie Faulkner who lived in Philadelphia in 1923 - may be on 1920 census. They are sisters and a sister of my greatgrandmother, Jennie Bercaw Wiseman. Would like to have the names of their parents (may be from Northampton Co). Can anyone help?
- GEUTHER, GUIDER posted by Sharon B. Lodge on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Emiline (Emma) GUIDER died April 25, 1886 in Philadelphia. She was born April 4, 1847 in Hardin Co., Ohio. I would like to know the place she died and any other info you may have. Also, I am searching for any information about George Godfrey Christian GEUTHER/GUIDER who was born Feb. 22, 1804 in Saxony, Germany and was naturalized Oct. 7, 1844 in Philadelphia Probate Court. George was an uncle of Emma GUIDER.
- RULE, TORRENS posted by Charlotte Ketterer on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- John RULE and Margaret TORRENS were married in 1822 at the Fourth Presbyterian Church by Rev. Potts. Location of the church was 5th and Cashills(Sp?). I am looking for records of their marriage and baptisms of children. Help in locating this church and/or records will be greatly appreciated.
- MCWILLIAMS posted by Peggy Phillips on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My grandfather John McWilliams died in 1942 in Philadelphia but I have no more information than that. Does anyone have nay suggestion where I might look for a list deaths in 1942 in Phila?
- GAFFORD posted by William Roy Gafford on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for Gaffords in the 18th century. I found a John Gafford in an old church record which indicated he was in Philadelphia in 1743. Does anyone have any other records of Gaffords in 1700's?
- MCDERMOTT posted by Carol Comp on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- The 1860 US Census, Philadelphia, shows my GGGrandfather, John McDermott, age 28, b. Ireland, married to Eliza age 26. Children Wm H age 10, Hugh age 7, Julia Ann age 3 (my Ggrandmother), and Bridget A., age 1. Also, next door to this family is one Ellen McDermott age 44, b. Ireland, with children Mary age 21, John age 14, Hugh age 10, Sopie age 9, Theresia age 7, and James age 5. There is nothing to indicate that the two families are related on the census--it is just a thought. I am interested in corresponding with anyone from these families. Also, can anyone enlighten me about the location of Ward 21, and Community/Post Office of Leverington in Philadelphia? These were on the census page for location.
- GRUBER, MICHAEL, MICHEL, YOUNGBLOOD posted by Meralou Petty on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Peter GRUBER and Barbara YOUNGBLOOD came to the US in 1836 from Prussia (Germany) Daughter Katherine marriedPaul MICHAEL in Germantown, Pa in 1838.
- MCDYER, TRAINER posted by Bernard D. Dyer on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am searching for information on my grandfather, Bernard P. McDYER who was married to Mabel TRAINER around 1916 or 1917. Bernard P. McDYER died in the 1918-19 flu epidemic and was buried in Holy Sepulchre cemetery on Oct. 25, 1918 at age 26.
- ELDRIDGE, FORBES posted by John Kangas on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My Great-grandfather Charles S. ELDRIDGE was born in Philadelphia, PA on March 14, 1868. He was married to a Miss Jennie Forbes. Date of marriage unknown. It is unknown how long after his birth that he resided in Philadelphia. Names of his parents are unknown. I am searching for anyone who may be able to help me fill in some blanks. If any of this rings a bell feelfree to contact me.
- MILLARD, SPALDING posted by Ronald Denes on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am researching Edna SPALDING, born August 1833 in Lockport, NY and her sister Emily Delphine SPALDING born 1837 in Lockport, NY. They were the daughters of Frederick Allen SPALDING, born February 25, 1812 in Charlotte, NY and Emily Dorcas MILLARD, born July 22, 1813 in Pembroke, NY. It is reported in a genealogy book of the SPALDING family that Edna and Emily Delphine SPALDING were living in Philadelphia, PA. Their parents died in New York. Does anyone have any information on this family?
- COOK, SERSON posted by Kathleen Cook Salo on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for inforamtion on Thomas Henry COOK b.1896 Phildelphia, PA. died c1934 . He was the son of Thomas Henry COOK and Fanny SERSON, both from Ireland. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- MCCONAGHY posted by Mary McConaghy Daley on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My grandfather David McConaghy came from Great Britain on September 13,1880 at the age of 10. He was a builder/contractor in the Philadelphia Area. I think in West Phila..He married Margaret Gassline(not to sure of spelling).Margaret was born about 1870 and died in September 1960.She lived in Germantown at the time of her death.David and Margared had one son John David born in February 22,1905 and died in August 1,1971 in San Diego,Ca. I only knew my grandmother Margaret.
- KEMMLER posted by Walter Kemmler on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Karl Kemmler resided in Philadelphia: in 1913 Lived at 261 Cornwall St., Kensington Philadelphia. Immigrated around 1882 to 1886 from Germany. Died possible in around 1920
- BENDER, SEESHOLTZ, SEYBERT, WENNER posted by Sarah Swisher on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- These family lines all came into Philadelphia in the 1700's, and ours stayed in PA. Will anyone with similar spellings, please contact me?
- WEIR posted by Betty Gourlay on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My grandparents (Andrew & Janet -sometimes spelled 'Jenete' WEIR) were married in New York in 1888. The address given was Germantown PA which I think is/was part of Philadelphia. In 1893 they were back in Scotland where a set of twins was born and died within a few weeks. They returned to USA and my father was born in Frankford Philadelphia in 1901. I have obtained a copy of the 1900 census entry and learned that my grandmother had actually had six children and none survived. I have only found two born in Scotland and feel that the other four must have been born in USA sometime between 1888-when they were married- and 1893 -when they must have returned to Scotland or between 1897 - they are mentioned in the church records in Philadelphia - and 1900 - the time of the census. I have found out that my grandfather is in the Philadelphia City Directory for 1890. Address given was 4326 Dorritt. Is this in Germantown as mentioned on his marriage certificate? The address given in the 1900 census was 1192 Unity Street and that is where my father was born. They attended Seventh Presbyterian Church in Frankford while living in Unity Street but transferred to that church from All Saints Evangelistic Lutheran Church, Philadelphia. Would that church have been local to Dorritt Street? And is it still in existence? How can I find out when the other babies were born?
- ELDRIDGE, SHOEMAKER posted by Linda Lee Bukky on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Charles .S. ELDRIDGE, was born 14 March 1868 in Philadelphia, Pa. He was the son of Levi ELDRIDGE and Sarah SCHOEMAKER. Can anyone help with info about this couple before they moved to Ohio? Any other children, etc.? Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
- FREAS, HENDRICKS, VESTRIECE posted by Harriett Worrell on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for any info on Hiram AAron Hendricks b.March 26,1808 in Philadelphia married Dec.28,1830 in Bluebell,pa.to Elizabeth R. Freas (Vestriece). The Whitpain Reformed Church is mentioned on the info I have. Would appreciate any info.
- HARTSFIELDER, HARTSVELDER, HATFIELD posted by Wynne Anne Walsh on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for information on Jurian Hartsvelder, probably from Germany and settled in Philadelphia County, PA sometime before 1677. Married a woman by the name of Margaret and I believe if The First Presbyterian Church was there at that time, that's where they may have been married. The date would have been before March 15, 1679/80. I have conflicting information about their children, one, that they had a son named Adam, two, they had two sons, one named Edward (Hatfield) and Godfrey (Hartsfield). If you have any information, please e-mail me.
- COSTELLO, DEE, SPINDLER posted by Dee Costello on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Patrick Costello (b abt 1840) m Ellen DEE (b abt 1844) may have lived in Philadelphia PA area. Patrick/Ellen had son Henry F "Harry" COSTELLO (1864-1890) m Anna SPINDLER (1865-dec). "Harry"/Anna resided in Detroit MI at 1887-1890 and had son Earl Harry COSTELLO (1887-1969) and dtr Ella COSTELLO (Apel) (188-1965). Searching for details on or connection to any and all of these folks, especially place of birth of "Harry" and place and dob/dod of Patrick and Ellen and parents of both. Earl/Ella sent to stay for 2 months after death of "Harry" with "aunts" named Bridget Costello (maiden/married surname?) and Fannie Costello (maiden/married surname?) who live around Erie PA area ca 1890. Any help or info would be appreciated.
- BERGER, PEARSON posted by Kurt Boldt on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for Randolph Nelson Pearson bn. 1823 Phila. dd. 1894 Phila. His son was George Washington Pearson bn. 1856. Randolph md. Mariaire Ann Berger bn. 1827.
- WHELAN posted by Judy Dalluge on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for the child William WHELAN as a 3 yr. old in the 1860 Census or as a13 yr. old in the 1870 Census. Father's name most likely would be Thomas WHELAN
- GREEN, WILLIAMSON posted by Scarlett Fox on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am researching an Isaac Green who married a Priscilla Williamson.They were born in Philadelphia about 1820 or 1821. They moved to Columbus, Ohio (Franklin cty,pleasant twp.) . I believe they moved here sometime between 1850 and 1860. They had two children Thomas and Willhemia.
- JUSTICE, JUSTIS, LAWRENCE, MORTON posted by Nellie Sparrow on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am seeking information on my ancestor AMY LAWRENCE aka. Emy Lorens b: 1719. She married first: Andrew Morton Dec. 08, 1735 in New Jersey. She married second, John Justice Nov. 07, 1750, of Philadelphia, PA. I believe she lived in the Philadelphia area during her second marriage. Family records state that her parents were George Lawrence and Elizabeth Helms, and came to America from England. I would like to know more about Amy Lawrence, her family, and genealogy background.
- RIGDON posted by Jerry Rigdon on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for the ancestors of a Sommerfield Rigdon d 1941-43.
- BROWN, GARNER posted by Sharon Garner on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Sarah BROWN, b. Philadelphia about 1787, m. Henry GARNER in Washington County, GA. Henry was supposedly a cousin. Looking for any information on her parents.
- BREWER, MCLINDSAY posted by Vicki McLINDSAY on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I have only one McLINDSAY in the state of PA. His name is James McLINDSAY. At 15 he lived with the Henry R. BREWER family in Franklin County. On the census of 1850 he is listed as 15 years old and being born in PA. I cannot find his family anywhere in the United States. Anyone who is searching for McLINDSAY must be family. Please contact me.
- GUTHRIE, SIMPSON posted by Jack Martin on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Researching the families of SIMPSON and GUTHRIE. John SIMPSON and Alice GUTHRIE were married and living in Philadelphia in 1889. They lived at 1719 Christian Street. Looking for any descendants of the family. Researching Alexander GUTHRIE and his wife Agnes. This family lived at 1514 South 20th street in Philadelphia, during the year 1889. In 1918, the family lived at 5702 Harrington Avenue, in Philadelphia. Looking for any descendants of this family. Looking for any information on Sarah GUTHRIE, who was living in or near Philadelphia in 1889. She was a farmer, marital status unknown. She was employed or hospitalized at the Christ Church Hospital in Philadelphia during the same year.
- DOYLE, QUINLAN posted by Sally Edgley on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- MARY DOYLE (DOB @ 1883, County Carlow, Ireland) emigrated to PA for the second time @ 1907. We believe she married @ 1911/1912 to either JAMES QUINLAN OR O'BRIEN (Quinlan is the favoured name). We have an address of RADNOR SQUARE, PHILADELPHIA (no longer exists) @ 1912 and as she was Catholic we think she will have married in a nearby Catholc Church. Can anyone help in locating the marriage, Radnor Square or the Church. I am in England and we are trying to trace descendants of Mary Doyle as she has a large Irish Family which would like to get in touch. (Brother Peter, dob 1875, and sister Bridget, dob 1882, also emigrated).
- TULLY posted by Margaret Warne on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seeking info about TULLY in Philadelphia County. Given names are Anna Marie, Anna, Anne, Arthur and Bridget. Would like to find out if any of them are related to Patrick TULLY, born 1872 or 1873. Patrick is my grandfather. Any information or help will be greatly appreciated.
- HUTCHINSON, LAPSLEY posted by Jeff Hutchinson on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am searching for information about Benjamin Hutchinson. He was born in Phila. about 1821 and died in 1866. He was married to Mary A Lapsley and had 6 children: Mary Ann, Emma, Harry, Benjamin, John and Thomas. He lived at 1325 Silbert St until his death. His occupation was listed as a "Carter." I am most interested in the names of his parents.
- BALMER, FOSTER, MILLER, SCHMEHL posted by Bert Ee Miller on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- John Henry Miller, b. 1847 & Ester Anna Schmehl. Abraham Balmer, b.1813 & Elizabeth Weaver. Charles Garrison Foster b. 1845 & Mary Elizabeth Rulon.
- WINSTON posted by Linda Mauney on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- THOMAS GEORGE WINSTON b-1/1/1903 in Ranson, Luzerne County, PA, d-7/1982-in Philadelphia, PA. Parents- Thomas Roy Winston and Sarah Ann Smith. Any obits or family links would be great.
- GERRIS, GERRISH, HESS posted by Nancy Hess on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I looking for information regarding Edmond Hess. He lived in the Germantown, Pa. area with his wife Alice Gerris (Gerrish). He was probably born around 1868. He had several children one of them my grandfather. Henry Bentley Hess, born 1888 in Germantown, Pa.
- BOLTON posted by Jere Keefer on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seek data on family of Isaac BOLTON, born 1697, Phila. Co., Pa and died 175 in Bucks Co., PA. He married Sarah JONES, 1724 in Phila. Co., Pa.
- JAGER, YEAGER posted by Steve Yeager on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on George JAGER/YEAGER who came to Philadelphia 1805, aboard the ship "Fair American". He may have married Margaret McCall later the same year. Also would like to know any children born to this marriage.
- DUNCAN, GORMAN, HELSENS, LAWSON, MICHKOWSKY posted by Sandy Lovell on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am researching the following names and would like to exchange information and family history: George Duncan and daughter Marguerite. William Lawson and Jane Gorman family. Camille Helsens and Helena Michkowsky family.
- THORNHILL posted by Samantha Ward on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seeking descendants of John(Jack) THORNHILL b.1875 Beeston Nottingham England. Believed to have emigrated to Philadelphia c1900-20 with Nottingham Lace making machines. Living in Long Eaton Derbyshire at time of emigration. Wife poss. from Eastwood Nottingham. Jack's parents - Samuel and Mary THORNHILL. Jack eldest of eight siblings all born Beeston; Fred, Herbert, Catherine/Kate(Caroline), Richard, Frank, Samuel and Elizabeth.
- LUDLOW posted by Edward Podpora on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I would like any information on the Ludlow Family of Philadelphia from 1830 to present.
- NONEWILER, NONWELLER, NUNEVILLER, NUNVELLER, NUNWEILER, NUNWILER posted by Sandy Hughes on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My genealogy search has taken me back to Philadelphia County, Philadelphia to 1769 in baptismal records for the daughter of Thomas Nunwiler and Maria Dorothea (Elizabeth). I have immigration records for Matthias Nunveller (Philadelphia in 1777), but those records do not state what country he immigrated from. We believe Matthias to be Thomas' son (stated in his will), but he could just as easily be a brother. The name is currently spelled "Nuneviller". I am stuck in 1769 and am not sure where to go next.
- WILEY, WYLIE posted by Jack Bowman on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Hugh WILEY / WYLIE listed in 1850 North Ward Philadelphia Census born Ireland age 51, Jane born Scotland age 46, daughters Janette age 24, and Amelia age 20 born Scotland. Rest of children born PA: Anna age 14, Mary age 12, John age 10, Elizabeth age 7, Robert age 4, and James age 1. Must have emigrated 1830 to 1836. Have further information on Anna m. 1856 at 9th Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, Peter Frank BOURGUIGNON. Seeking any information on this family.
- DILTS, RHOADS posted by Alfred Dingee Whitaker on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seeking info on William RHOADS, who married Margaret DILTS, in July 1834. Where can I see the info on microfilm, on "The Early Records of the St. John's Methodist Episcopal Church". Thank you for your help; or any advise.
- LINFORTH, POWELL posted by Sue Szewczyk on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for information on the powell family from the philadelphia area. John Powell married Jane Linforth from Birmingham England.
- PENNINGTON posted by Wanda Pennington Parker on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- The following was taken from the biographical appendix of the "History of Moniteau County, Missouri pages 991-992. ISAAC PENNINGTON was of English descent and a prominent Physician in Baltimore and Philadelphia. He was a member of the Dunkard Church and during the American Revolutionary war gave up his property rather than enter the service, as it was against his religious principles. He died at an advanced age. I would like to hear from anyone knowing anything on ISAAC PENNINGTON.
- HUTCHINSON, HUTCHISON posted by Fred Hutchinson on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Searching for info PA activities of family group John & Margaret HUTCHISON; sons John, George, William; daughters Jennet, Frances; emigrated Ulster to Philadelphia to Augusta County, VA arriving there by 1738.
- ABRAHAM, PHILLIPS, STURGIS posted by Sam D. Lawson on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for information on a Griffith PHILLIPS. I believe he is the same Griffith PHILLIPS who is shown on the LANDOWNERS OF PHILADELPHIA COUNTY, PA. 1734, along with Benjamin DAVIS and John STURGIS. Griffith PHILLIPS had a son, Samuel PHILLIPS, born in 1714 and who died in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery Co., Pa., on 19 November, 1788. This son, Samuel PHILLIPS, married to Keziah ABRAHAM, a daughter of James ABRAHAM and Margaret DAVIS.
- GUSSEN posted by Mary Lee Sloan on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Joseph Gussen married in Philidelphia June, 1867.
- LAVINE, LEVINE, RIEGERS posted by Kiely Malone on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- LEVINE, LAVINE, RIEGERS from PHILADELPHIA around 1919. Herman, Lena, and Barney Levine. Any help would be appreciated.
- WOOD posted by Jon Holcombe on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seek information on PETER WOOD of Philadelphia, father of JONATHAN WOOD, b 4 Mar 1777 who later married in Bucks County.
- LUDLAM, LUDLOW, LUDLUM posted by Edward Podpora on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- LUDLOW/LUDLAM/LUDLUM families from Philadelphia Co. I am looking for information regarding the Ludlow Ludlam etc. families from 1790 to 1890.
- DORIOT posted by Karen Copher on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am searching for any information on Pierre Doriot or Pierre Doriot Interiors, 260 S. Eleventh St., Philadelphia. I believe the shop operated in the early or mid 19th century.
- KELLY posted by Kathleen Bowers on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- KELLY-Benjamin Franklin born Feb. 22, 1847 in Pa, died Jan 21, 1920 in Philadelphia. Wife's name Georgianna? Born 1848 and died before 1951. Had at least 1 son-Daniel Warren born Feb 3, 1869, died April 21, 1951 in Lackawanna County, wife Della M Reese Davis?
- TAPPER posted by Deborah Logsdon on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I'm researching the Tapper line located in Philadelphia, Germantown, NJ, and Jefferson County, PA. Some of the names that I have from Phila. are: Philip N. Tapper born 1826(?), William N. Tapper b. 1816, married Elizabeth M., Thomas Tapper born 1822, married Lydia Tapper. John Tapper If anyone has any information please contact me.
- REDDISH posted by Susan Curelop on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am searching for any information on Nicholas REDDISH, c. 1731. I have information of him subscribing to Benjamin Franklin's Library Company, but that is all I have. Anything would be a help.
- BADGER posted by Darla Broady on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Seeking information on the BADGER family who were in Philadelphia in at least 1834. As a son, JOSEPH HENRY BADGER, was born 1 April 1834 in Philadelphia. He remained there until he was about 21 years of age, at that time he migrated west to Nebraska and Kansas. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.
- FITZPATRICK, HARRINGTON, OWENS posted by John Jordan on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for relatives of the HARRINGTON family. My grandmother, Anna Harrington Owens lived on Zeralda St. Her sister, Mary, also lived on Zeralda St. and helped my grandparents purchase their home in 1929. My grandmother was the youngest of nine. Mary was the oldest. My grandmother left County Mayo, Eire and sailed to Philadelphia around 1905. My grandmother had Fitzpatrick relatives from Boston and Kilcourses from Philadelphia.
- BUZBY, LECONEY, TORR posted by Mike LeConey on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Members of these families mentioned lived in Philadelphia between 1750-1860. Any info on any would be appreciated.
- MACK posted by Perry Roland on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I'm looking for biographical information re: Edward Mack, (b Stuttgart, Ger, Aug 24 1826 - d Philadelphia Jan 7, 1882), an apparently blind composer of piano music who immigrated from Germany ca. 1831 and lived most of his life in Philadelphia, PA. During his lifetime, his music was very popular, but he seems to have been forgotten. I've tried all the usual biographical sources, so I'm hoping someone has some genealogical information to share. He attended and taught at the Philadelphia Institute for the Blind. He also lived briefly in New London, Connecticut and somewhere "south" (as his only biography says). Also, if anyone has music, sketches, letters, etc. in their attic or knows where I can find this kind of thing, I'd appreciate a pointer.
- COOK, MUNCH posted by Marysue Eulitz on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- John and Josephine COOK; and Jacob MUNCH. I am looking for information on this family. Think that John COOK's daughter Helen married Jacob MUNCH. Anything would be most helpful. I do find a Jacob MUNCH on SSDI, b. 8 May 1895, d. Feb 1975 08106 (Haddon Heights, Camden, NJ) and Helen MUNCH b. 23 May 1895, d. Aug 1977 08106 (Haddon Heights, Camden, NJ).
- ISACK, ISACKS posted by Leonard Isacks on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- BARBRA ISACKS (ISACK) arrived Philidelphia County on ship Pennsylvia Merchant 1726 with her 2 son Jacob & Fredrick. Ship originated in Rotterdam. I am decendent of Jacob, cannot find any data on Barbra of Frederick. Any help is appreciated.
- GARRAGHTY, HUGHES posted by Carson Ray on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for info on Patrick and Rose RICE HUGHES. Son Patrick HUGHES b. Ir; d. 6/27/1890 in/near Phila. Rose previously married to Patrick GARRAGHTY in Ir.
- SCHULTZE posted by Howard Schultze on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am searching for my grandfather, Frederich William Schultze
- JONES, MORRIS, THOMPSON posted by Judy Giamanco on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for sons, THOMAS M. JONES AND J. MORRIS JONES, of Sarah M. (Morris) Jones. b 12-4-1837, d. 12-17-1912 in Philadelphia, PA. Father was Thomas Morris, Mother was Mary Thompson, She married Patrick Henry Jones on Nov. 29, 1859 in Ellicottville, Cattaraugis Co., NY. Patrick Henry Jones, died June 23, 1900, in New York.
- BACHMAN posted by Charles H. Bachman, Jr. on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My grandfather, surmane Bachman, lived and worked in Philadelphia in the 30s-40s. He worked for the Philadelphia Naval Yard for a time. Died in 1949. Can not find out any information, as though he never existed.
- BOCHNOVICH, BUCHNOVICS posted by Gloria Shaw on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- Looking for family name BOCHNOVICH or BUCHNOVICS in the county of Philadelphia. My grandmother's two brothers, Michael and Joseph. Lived somewhere in the Philadelphia area. Michael was married and he died there between 1930-1935. Joseph may have moved there from Vyzny Mirosov, Slovakia. He had a daughter Maria. That is all the information I have.
- MOOR, PASCHAL posted by Melissa Archibald on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- I am looking for any and all information regarding the Moor or Paschall family from Alleghany Cty. Fayette Cty. And Philadelphia County. The names that I currently have were taken from a family will and other family notes. I have a James Moor married to Lettishe as said in a will dated 11/13/1858 in Allegheny Cty. PA. The children in the will are William J.W. Moor, Amanda Rachel Moor Fisher, Henry Newton W. Moor, Sarah Moor MaCcauley, Harvey Moor, Elisha Moor, Thomas M. Moor, Eliza A. Moor Donnelly, Margaret Moor Creis, Emily Moor McGivins. The other Moors found within notes are Paschal Moor named after Thomas Paschal a merchant in Philadelphia who was a grand uncle. James Moor inherited his land from Thomas Pascahal. ???? I also have James Moors father and grandfather also said to be named James I and James the II. I show James the II was married to an Elizabeth. I show James the II from Northumberland. I have notation that one of the James Moors were in the revolutionary war. One of the James Moors may have owned the Blackburn church. I also have the following names of Morris Moor, Cora dell Moor, Samuel Moor, Lewis Moor, William Moor, Aaron Moor, Archibald Moor, Samuel Moor, Stanah Moor, John M. Moor. Please contact me with any information you may have on this line. I have only just begun to search this line.
- CULICH, GLEICH posted by Dorothy Cochran on Tuesday, February 15, 2000
- My grandmother PAULINE GLEICH (CULICH) arrived in Philadelphia in May 21, 1891, disembarking from the Belgenland from Antwerp. She came from Germany. I have reason to believe that she had a German Immigrant Contract to work as a servant in someone's home. I have located her in 1896 but for the 5 years prior I have no knowledge of her, where she worked or for whom. I feel that she just did not get off the boat and get a job since I am sure that she didn't speak English at that time. Any help will be most appreciated.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project