- BUCH posted by Arlene Buch-Houghton on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am looking for information on Charles and Amelia Buch who came from Germany in 1876. They had at least two children: William Charles, born Sept. 1876 and Friedrich (or Fred). They lived on Fawn St., then Richmond St. in Philadelphia.
- LOOS posted by Arlene Buch-Houghton on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Looking for ship which brought Hermann and Wilhelmina Loos to Philadelphia in 1891 from Germany. Any other information would also be helpful.
- ROULEAU posted by Patricia Rouleau on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Joseph Rouleau was an organ builder who built or helped build a church organ in celebration of the Centenniel in 1876. I would like to know what church that was, and any history of the event.
- BROOKER posted by Mary Dearing on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I have information that a Joseph BROOKER is on the 1830 Philadelphia county, Germantown twp.page 248 census. I was hoping someone had information on this family.
- COTTON posted by Lucy C Rabb on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am trying to find the exact date of death for my great grandfather, AMOS COTTON. He and his family came to Philadelphia from Kidderminster, England in the late 1850's, and he is said to have died in 1900.
- GOOD, PENNINGTON posted by Marilyn Kucera on Monday, November 15, 1999
Searching for an obituary or infomation about Gulielma (Pennington) Good, daughter of John Pennington. She married Edward Good, Oct. 18, 1849 in Chester Co., PA. and she died July 20, 1902 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA.
- DICKEY, HENDERSON, MCNEIL, NBSP, WATT posted by Jessica Frost on Monday, November 15, 1999
I'm researching Thomas HENDERSON, b. 1785 in Philadelphia, PA. He m. Ann Dickey and their son William Dickey Henderson was b. 1812 in SC. Wm. D. Henderson went on to marry Martha WATT in 1832 SC, and Ellen McNEIL in 1851 Henderson Co IL. Any connections?
- BREAREY, JENNETTI, MARSICOVETERE, TOMASELLI posted by Betty Anne Tomaselli Brearey on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I have been trying to locate members of my GRandmothers family there name was Marsicovetere and they lived in South Philadelphia on 1410 South 9 th Street and they where members of St. Mary Magdaline Di Pezzi Church, I also belive that they also had realatives by the name of Jennetti. Ii think that's how it is spelled .Well Agnes my grandmother married my grandfather Alfred Tomaselli on 1911 they then moved to Alleghney Ave in Port Richmond area of Phila. I also belive that their maid of honor was Adline Gassaparro and the best man was Juilius Marsicovetere.
- FRIEL, MCBRIDE, WILSON posted by Janice Friel on Monday, November 15, 1999
Looking for George F. Friel m. Mary McBride from Phila. Need Birth, marriage and parent records.
- RETTAGLIATA, RETTALIATA posted by Frank D. Rettaliata on Monday, November 15, 1999
I believe my ancestor's arrived in Philadelphia by ship during the 1850s. Anthony N. Rettaliata was born there on July 28, 1857. His parents' names were Joseph and Catherine.
- KELLY, KUNZIG, ONDZIK posted by Robert J. Kelly on Monday, November 15, 1999
I'm trying to obtain information on the descendants and relatives of AUGUST KELLY, his wife ANNA ONDZIK KELLY and ANNA's brother ANDY KUNZIG. AUGUST KELLY was born 5 August 1860 in Czechoslovakia and died 21 March 1933 in Philadelphia. ANNA ONDZIK was born 28 October 1866 in Czechoslovakia and died 24 January 1939 in Philadelphia. They married in Czechoslovakia and emigrated to Philadelphia prior to 1891. They had six children: GUS KELLY born in 1885, MARY CATHERINE (MAY) KELLY born 25 March 1891, ANNA MARY (ANNIE) KELLY born 13 February 1894, JOHN FRANCIS KELLY (my father) born 4 August 1896, Katherine Kelly born in August 1897 and JOSEPH KELLY born 8 March 1903/1904. All but GUS KELLY were born in Philadelphia.
- KELLY posted by Robert J. Kelly on Monday, November 15, 1999
I'm trying to obtain information on a JOHN KELLY, born in Philadelphia about 1917 or 1918 to CORRINE and JOHN KELLY, who divorced shortly thereafter. CORRINE's maiden name is unknown.
- LOCK posted by Amy Buchan on Monday, November 15, 1999
Looking for information on the family of Charles Ludwig LOCK and Catherine Weber LOCK, who resided at 1413 Orange St. from 1860-early 1900's. Both were from Germany. They had 12 children: John H. Lock 1858 - 1934 , Caroline Gustine Lock 1859 - 1898, Charles Lock 1863 - 1941 , Catherine Lock 1863 - Unknown , Elizabeth Lock 1864 - Bef. 1880 , Emma R. Lock 1867 - Unknown, Maria Magdelina Lock 1870 - 1952 , C. Matilda Lock 1872 - 1939 , George Washington Lock 1874 - Unknown, William Lock 1877 - 1967 , Edward Lock 1880 - 1957 , Eva Estelle Lock 1883 - 1943 .
- COLLINS posted by Lauren Adams on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Henry Charles Collins married Mary Givens Collins. Birthdates should be 1880 to 1890. Marriage unknown. From Philly. I am trying to trace this generation back to Rev. Nathaniel Collins.
- HYLAND posted by Sharon Goetz on Monday, November 15, 1999
- HYLAND is the surname I am researching in Maryland, but have been told that there are Philadelphia connections. In the census records I have also found Hyland's listed in Philadelphia. I have a James Hyland of Kent County MD, not too far from Phil. My grandmother told me that there was a Bishop Hyland in Phil. that was a relative, but she did not know the name of the church. It was probably a Episcopal or M.E. Church around the late 1890's - 1912 period.
- HAZARD, HAZZARD posted by Catherine Buchmann on Monday, November 15, 1999
Seeking information on my great grandparents, Jacob Hazzard & Maria Schneider. They came to America from England, they had a son(my grandfather) Wm Christopher born 1840-1843 in Pennsylvania. Wm Christopher married a Elizabeth Kelley born in Ohio, 27 Jul 1849-1850. They were married 2 Apr 1869. I would like to know if Jacob & Maria had other children, where they lived and where they died. I would also like to know place of marriage of Wm Christopher & Elizabeth.
- HOGG, LOGAN, STEWART posted by Warren Bixler on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Looking for information on George Hogg b. abt 1865, First wife Louise d.1904, Second wife Catherine nee/Logan/Stewart. George lived @2039 S. 58 St when he died 1952.
- GWILLIAM, SCHUSTER posted by Sheri Graves on Monday, November 15, 1999
Searching for information on George Thompson GWILLIAM and George Thompson GWILLIAM Jr. (b. 7 MAR 1889 in Philadelphia). Both are buried in Drexel Hill Cemetery, Philadelphia. George Thompson GWILLIAM Sr. was married to Emma L. SHUSTER, who is also buried in Drexel Hill.
- DANIELS, SACHSE posted by Warren R. Johnson on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Searching for ROBERT SACHSE or FREDERICH E R SACHSE and LOUISA DANIELS of Philadelphia ,they married 1891. Robert was a Philadelphia police offercer .
- SILVERWOOD, TAYLOR posted by Cecy Rice on Monday, November 15, 1999
John M. (Martin?) TAYLOR was b. 14 mAR 1817 on Noble St. Philidelphia, PA according to a the family bible. Who were his parents?? He m. Isabella SILVERWOOD in 1839 Mifflenburg, Union Co. PA. Would like to know his parents and siblings.
- BAUSTAIN, COX, MILLER, RAWSON posted by Phillip Laurence MILLER on Monday, November 15, 1999
I am looking for any information on my cousin John MILLER who was born in 1849 in Philadelphia, PA; and died with Custer at the battle of Little Big Horn on June 25, 1876. He is related to Jacob MILLER of (Lucas and/or Vasper) KS; and to Jakie A MILLER and his wife Ethel (RAWSON-BAUSTAIN) MILLER. They had Delbert V. and Harold L, and Mabeldean MILLER. I am looking for siblings of any of the above.
- NEVENS, NEVINS, WORTHINGTON posted by Bev Benn on Monday, November 15, 1999
Searching for information on my grandparents, Edward Worthington, married Catherine Nevens/Nevins, birthdates unknown, both died 1920 or 1921, possibly in PA. They had 13 children, including my mother, Marie R. Worthington, born 02/04/1907, Philadelphia, PA, twin brother died after birth. Out of the 11 other children only one other name is known, Peter, born ca 1913. I have photos taken in 1929 of a niece, Dorothy, age 14, two nephews, Richard, age 12, and John, age 9. My mother was 13 at the time of her parents death. Marie and an older brother or sister raised the younger children. Either before or after Edward and Catherine's death the family moved outside of Trenton, NJ. Marie left home in the late '20's/early '30's and travelled. She came to Texas in 1941, met and married James S. Wilkerson in 1943. She lost touch with her family in the early '50's. Marie died in 1978, James died in 1975, both in Bryan, Texas.
- CHRISTIANSEN, LUNDEGAARD posted by Lisa Traylor on Monday, November 15, 1999
I'm seeking help in finding my grandmother's parents. She, Elizabeth Marion CHRISTIANSEN, was born in Philadelphia on 11/21/1890 and was the youngest of six children born to Bertha HANSEN (maiden name, possibly a Danish emigrant). Bertha was married and widowed twice, first to ? LUNDEGAARD and later to ? CHRISTIANSEN. I have limited information on Elizabeth's siblings.
- ARNOLT posted by Carolyn Robinson on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Searching for the desendants of Johannes ARNOLT, Peter ARNOLT and Philip ARNOLT. They were listed as being in Philadelphia in the PA early Census of 1749.
- BYLER posted by Phillip O. Husband on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am trying to determine the death date of--George G. Byler as well as an obituary. George lived in Yeadon PA. on Bonsall Ave. I want to locate any descendants. He was living with a daughter in 1974. Last known correspondence with him was in 1974.
- CHIQUOINE, EILLERTSEN, SMYTH posted by Linda Oravetz on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am looking for information on Aksel Eillertsen born 1899 Norway who married Leah Chiquoine born 1898 Philadelphia. Leah parents were Serville Chiquoine and Martha Smyth who were married 1896 in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- WAGNER posted by Lori Wagner on Monday, November 15, 1999
I'm looking for any information on the parents of Russell Austin, Frank(Francis), Lillian and Alice Wagner. I know that Russell was born 1909 died 1969. He was in the Navy during WWII. I believe they moved to Reading, PA eventually. Russell was born in Phila. I'm not sure about the other siblings.
- ROOKS posted by Dorothy Payne on Monday, November 15, 1999
- CHARLES ROOKS was born in Philadelphia on 22 January 1832. He had a brother named HENRY ROOKS. Their father died when the boys were young and they were 'bound out". CharLes worked on a Mississippi River boat for awhile, but decided to go to South America to avoid the Civil War. The boat was boarded and Charles was conscripted into Confederate Army. Because of that service, he and his mother were alienated and Charles never returned home. Charles was married in Georgia and died in Arkansas. I suspect that his name may have been changed at some time, but have not been able to find him in the census records. He is my great grandfather and we have been trying to find out if there are other members of his family looking for us. The Orphan's court records that I have searched have failed to show this indenture.
- COLLOM, PUFF, YOCUM posted by William J. Wolf on Monday, November 15, 1999
I have handwritten poems that have come down in my family and I'm attempting to find out anything about the author. Her name is Hannah Collom, the poems were written in 1823 at Collom Hall in Philadelphia. This is all I know. Does anyone know of this family or place?
- NORCROSS, ROGERS, VANCOURT posted by Brian Carpenter on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am looking for links to Walter Scott Rogers Sr. William Henry Rogers I,II,&III also Norcrosses of Phila. and any Van Court info.
- BARROWCLOUGH, BRANIN, SIMPSON posted by Bridget O'Brien on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am looking for information on a Lavinia BRANIN (nee SIMPSON) and her sister, Mary BARROWCLOUGH, both of whom were born and lived in Philadelphia, PA. Lavinia was married to William E. BRANIN and had two daughters--Mary and Amealia. Both Lavinia and William were born in 1864. Lavinia's father's name was Richard SIMPSON. Mary's husband was James BARROWCLOUGH and she may have had a son, Clarence. After Lavinia's death in 1901, William remarried, to a woman named Laura. His date of death is 1937. Lavinia, William, Mary, and Clarence are buried in Woodlands Cemetery .
- SCHWEITZER posted by Charles Millard on Monday, November 15, 1999
Christian and Louisa SCHWEITZER lived in the 1700 block of S. 4th Street in Philly, his occupation is listed as a butcher. They had four or five girls names: Frances, Rose, Rebecca, Julia c. and possible Caroline. Christian and Louisa SCHWEITZER were my g-grandparents and Julia SCHWEITZER, born Feb.4,1869 was my grandmother, who married James F. Casey in 1891 in Philadelphia. Seeking information on Christian and Louisa SCHWEITZER.
- MAJCHRZAK posted by Cynthia Kriske Peterson on Monday, November 15, 1999
I am looking for information on Walter or Bruce Majchrzak. They probably would have been born between 1880-1900 and may have lived in the Philadelphia area into the 1950's. Their parents were Wilhelm Walenty Wladyslaw Majchrzak and unknown. Their father moved to Canada and they had two sisters, Sophie, and Mary, who lived in Boonesville, N.Y.
- DOLAN, LYNCH, SULLIVAN posted by Walton J. Sullivan on Monday, November 15, 1999
Looking for information on John LYNCH-Elizabeth (Bessie) SULLIVAN family. John b 1889 lived in Old Forge and Bessie b1889 in Taylor, PA before moving to Philadelphia area. John's parents were John LYNCH-Elizabeth TOOLEY; Bessie's parents were Patrick SULLIVAN-Ellen CUMMINGS. John and Bessie had 3 children John, Dorothy and Eleanor married DOLAN brothers from the Philadelphia area. Dorothy married Andrew DOLAN and Eleanor married Joseph DOLAN. The LYNCH, SULLIVAN, DOLAN families lived in Philadelphia area from the early 1900s on.
- SULLIVAN, WEISS posted by Walton J. Sullivan on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Looking for information on James WEISS b 1879 in White Haven, Pa married Loretta SULLIVAN b 1882 in Taylor, PA (Scranton area). They moved to Philadelphia and raised their family of at least 3 children Edward, Helen and Gertrude. James might have worked in the Philadelphia shipyards.
- JENKINS, SULLIVAN posted by Walton J. Sullivan on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Looking for information on Thomas JENKINS born in Philadelphia married Nora (Hanora) SULLIVAN b 1875 in Taylor, PA (Scranton area). They lived in Philadelphia area and raised their family here.
- CAREY, DEALY, SULLIVAN posted by Steve Bush on Monday, November 15, 1999
- My ancestors are: Henry & Elizabeth Bush, grocers on S. 2nd Street (children James A. Bush, Harry J. Bush, Anthony Bush, Florence Bush, Lillie Bush), Michael Carey & Catharine Dealy Carey (he was a blacksmith on Bainbridge & Ellsworth Streets, daughters Helen, Agnes, Catherine, & son Michael T.), and Amanda Sullivan (parents Dennis & Emma Sullivan, brothers & sisters Edward D. Sullivan, Harry L. Sullivan, William Sullivan, Laura Sullivan, Mary Sullivan, & Elizabeth Sullivan). The Sullivans were printers, parent & sons. These people date from the mid-late 19th century through the 1920s.
- LAYER, WOLF posted by Sharon Collins on Monday, November 15, 1999
Searching for Catharine Wolf Layer. She was born in PA and married Issac Layer, also of PA. Unsure of county, but there is a Catharine Layer listed in the 1830 census for Philadelphis, W. Southwark, PA. They had 5 children in PA (Isaac, Samuel, Jacob, Catharine, and Rebecca) before showing up on the Clay County Indiana Census in 1850.
- BYARD posted by Robert Byard on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Moses Byard listed in US census 1810 Philadelphia, PA , also listed in Philadelphia City Directory as laborer.
- CALLAHAN, POTTS posted by Joseph J.D. Callahan on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am trying to develop information about my ancestors. I have started my search by attempting to gather information about my grandparents; Cornelius CALLAHAN and Anna CALLAHAN Nee POTTS, They resided in West Philadelphia. My grandfather passed away sometime between 1940 and 1945 and my grandmother sometime in the late 1950s or early 1960s My grandfather was a railroad worker. There were 10 children, including my father, Joseph James CALLAHAN also of West Philadelphia.
- CHERRY, KIRSH posted by Anne Cherry Rice on Monday, November 15, 1999
I am descended from Jacob Kirsh who immigrated presumably arriving in the mid-1700's in Phila. and who first shows up in the 1762 Shrewsbury Twp. tax list of York Co., PA.
- LUDWIGSEN, MATHESEN, NOLL posted by James J Ludwigsen on Monday, November 15, 1999
I am looking for the families of Michael Ludwigsen wife Agnes Marie (Berseth) Ludwigsen,Paul Mathesen wife Alvilde Hilda (Berseth) Mathesen,,Harriet Mathesen Noll..Came to the USA from Norway and settled in Phila. about the 1880's.
- SCOTT, WELCH posted by Albert Scott on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am searching Pennsylvania for info on David Scott and Nancy Welch.. David Scott came to Pennsylvania in 1773 from Scotland via Ireland. He married Nanacy Welch in Pennsylvania and resided there until 1785.He then came down the Ohio River on a flatboat to Maysville,Ky. He died in Ky 1813. Nancy died in 1827.
- BUCH, LOOS posted by Arlene Buch-Houghton on Monday, November 15, 1999
I am searching for information about Charles Buch, Amelia Buch and their children: William Charles and perhaps Fred and Charles. Charles came to Philadelphia in 1876. Wm was born then. Wm married Frieda Loos Buch and had four children: Wm. (who died at 3), Arthur, Clara and Herbert. Wm Charles married Frieda Loos. She was the daughter of J. Hermann and Wilhelmina (Oedemann) Loos. They were born in Ehrenfriedersdorf, Germany and came to this country in 1891. I would like to find the ships that both families came over on and where Charles Buch originated from in Germany.
- LONG, THOMPSON posted by Suzanna Wells on Monday, November 15, 1999
John LONG/LANG b. 1765 PA and Sibella/Isabella/Sibbie/Sybella THOMPSON b 1778 PA were married 1795 Philadelphia, PA. I have been unable to verify the mar. date. Where would I look for help? Also, searching for parents or siblings. Children's names were: Hannah, William Franklin, Robert, Sarah J., Margaret, Sibella, Mary, John, Ruth, James Thompson, Jeptha.
- BRENNAN, CLARKE posted by Vincentj Haas on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Looking for John Francis BRENNAN of Philadelphia, married Jane Ann CLARKE from Cumberland, MD, around 1890. John was a Philadelphia Police Officer.
- TURNER posted by Lois Selby Turner on Monday, November 15, 1999
Looking for information on Charles Patrick Turner b. Mar 17, 1877 to WILLIAM & ELLA TURNER. At the time of birth they lived- ward 25-1702 Salmon St. In the 1890 City Directory they lived on Clifton.
- HAZZARD posted by Catherine Buchmann on Monday, November 15, 1999
Seeking information on G Grandparents, Jacob HAZZARD and Maria SCHNEIDER . They came to USA from England. Their child Wm Christopher b. 1840-1843 in Pittston, PA was my grandfather. It is possible the name was spelled HAZARD, HASSARD OR HESSERT. The 1850 U.S. census indicate the HAZZARD'S lived in Philadelphia County.
- FEHL posted by Weston Porter on Monday, November 15, 1999
I am looking for the family of CATHERINE FEHL, brn: Oct 19,1849 in Philadelphia died Jan 23 1869 in Sporting Hill Pa. She married JOHN L. DIFFENDERFER. Her possible brother or father of Philadephia was MAHLON H. FEHL .
- GRANDEN, GRANDIN, GRANDON posted by Pamela Villafuerte on Monday, November 15, 1999
- John, merchant(1790)--Peter--Daniel--William--any Grandons. Trying to make a connection between these and my Edward born in Burlington, NJ, June 1744.
- CASEY posted by Charles Millard on Monday, November 15, 1999
- James J. Casey Born abt. 1840 in Philadelphia, Penna. married Anna (Annie) Casey. They lived at 1405 N. 10th Street in Philadelphia, a son born Nov. 11, 1865 named James F. Casey married Julia C. (nee Schtwizer) Casey 1891 in Philadelphia. James J. Casey is my g-grandfather, his parents were killed in a carriage accident.
- HARKINS posted by Charles Millard on Monday, November 15, 1999
- ANNA HARKINS born March 1, 1878 died July 18, 1942 in Philadelphia married John George Millard in 1896 in Philadelphia. Seeking information, this was my grand mother.
- SCHTWIZER, SCHWEITZER posted by Charles Millard on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Christian and Louisa Schtwizer lived at 1731 S. 4th Street in Philadelphia when their daughter Julia C. schtwizer born Jan. 4,1869. The only information that there is about Christian is that his occupation was a butcher. Christian and Louisa are my g-grand parents.
- HARPER posted by Bill Morgan on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am researching one of the Harper family lines. I have traced our family line back to Robert Harper, born in Pennsylvania 1727, county unknown. I feel that our Robert is descended from the John and Ann Harper family that landed in Philadelphia Aug 2, 1682. Our Robert is not the son of Joseph Harper, son of John and Ann, but could be a grandson.
- SNYDER posted by Herman Stephan on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I have in my possesion a copy of Jacob Snyders revolutionary war records from LOWER DUBLIN township. I would like to give them to the proper people if they know who he is.
- COOL, KITTSON posted by Joan Cool on Monday, November 15, 1999
Looking for information on James Edward Kittson (Abt. 1860 - Bef. 1898) who was the son of Commodore Kittson. The family owned a large estate, in the outer limits of the city of Philadelphia. On Dec. 17, 1890 in Minnesota, he married Minnie M. COOL the daughter of Daniel M. COOL and Lydia M. COUSE.
- BOLTON, BOULTON posted by Angelia Jane Bolton on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Searching for info on Charles Edwin Bolton, b. 20 March 1901, d. March 1973. Parents names are unknown, but I do know that they were from Ambler, PA. Charles moved from Ambler to Morristown,N.J. where he married Helena Margaret Bolton and reared 2 children: Charles Douglas and Patty.
- MAKEEVER, MCKEVER posted by Lyn Makeever on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am searching for information about my great great great grandfather, Patrick Makeever/McKever, who was married in Christ Church in Philadelphia in 1792 to Martha London or Lowdon.
- FRIES, HINCK, HINCKLE, HINKEL, LANCASTER, OHLER posted by Brian Okerlund on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Seeking information for Philip Jacob OHLER (born 1746 of Philadelphia, PA) married Catherina OHLER (born about 1754 of Philadelphia, PA). Also seeking information for Henry and Jacob Anthony HINCKLE or HINCK who lived in Philadelphia, PA during the 1700's. And Johann HINKEL (born about 1759) married Susanna FRIES (born about 1763), had a child, Margaret, in Philadelphia, PA in 1785. And Levi LANCASTER (born about 1757) married Margaret (born about 1761) in Philadelphia, PA.
- LEVI posted by Rex Schneider on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I'm seeking information on parentage of Betsy LEVI , born in Philadelphia 1818 ,moved to Butler Co. PA ,married Michael Steelsmith.
- ASHENFELTER, ESCHENFELDER, ESHENFELTER, GRAHAM, HUNTER, THORP posted by Joan M. Huber on Monday, November 15, 1999
Seek to correspond with desc. of Philip Jacob Ashenfelter who
- MOTT posted by Edna Thomas on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am trying to find the name of my father's mother, Alice Mott, who was listed on his birth certificate as having come from Pennsylvannia. I do not have an exact date of birth or a location in PA for her. I am assuming she was born in the latter 1800's and her name would be on a census or some other records in the state. Any help to try and locate her name and any dates would be helpful, or suggestions as to where else I may try and find this information would be appreciated.
- DEAN, KILLIAN, SMITH posted by Mac Hayes on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Descendants of C. A. DEAN, a railroad man, and Laurie Rosalee SMITH of North Carolina, who married about October 1927. A letter from Laurie's mother in the summer of 1928 indicated that they lived at 4266 Manayunk, Roxborough. I have absolutely no other information on C. A. Dean; Laurie Smith was born in 1900 in Ravensford, NC, and was a schoolteacher. Another letter in 1937 says the Deans were now living at 260 Rector St, Philadelphia. My main interest in finding the DEANs is that Laurie had the only known photograph of my great-grandmother, Margaret (HUGHES) KILLIAN, b. 1814, died 1895 in Webster Co., MO. I'd love to find that photograph. Unless I find DEANs through internet lists, I suppose checking birth records from 1928 on in the Roxborough/Philadelphia area might turn up descendants. I welcome any suggestions you might have.
- MIRAGLIA, PASSARELLA posted by Lynn Venafro on Monday, November 15, 1999
Antonio Passarella arrived in the US in 1885 & settled in Phila. Anna Miraglia arrived in 1887 and they wer married on 20 Feb 1888. They are listed in the 1900 & 1910 census living at 631 Carpenter. They then moved to Atlantic City.
- LATERZA, VENAFRO posted by Lynn Venafro on Monday, November 15, 1999
Angelo Venafro and Concetta Laterza were married in Italy and arrived in the US in 1883 settling in Phila. They were accompanied by their eldest child, Maria. They are listed in the 1900 at 637 Fitzwater & 1910 & 1920 census at 810 Passyunk. Concetta died in 1932 and Angelo in 1946, both are buried in Holy Cross Cemetery.
- BROWN, MYOVER posted by Myrna Kemp on Monday, November 15, 1999
Levy Myover listed at indentured servant to William Brown in 1773, living in Northern Liberties, PA (Philadelphia area). Would like information on Levy Myover or William Brown. Also, is Northern Liberties a township, city or village? I cannot locate it on any atlas.
- SPANWICK, THOMAN posted by Norma Rice on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Researching MARTIN THOMAN, b. 16 October 1821, Philadelphia, PA. m. ANN SPANWICK, of Yorkshire, England, 1843. May have m. Warwick Twp., Lambton Co., Ont. Canada? She had at least 3 children, and d. 1859, Canada. Thrown from a buggy, striking her head on a rock. Left ALEXANDER, JOHN J. THOMAN who went to LA, and LYDIA ANN THOMAN, my gr grandmother. Martin died in Chippewa Twp., Mecosta Co, MI.
- FELTON posted by David L. Felton on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Looking for info on Walter S. FELTON and family, Olney section of Philadelphia circa 1880-1910. Family holdings included the Felton Sibley Paint Co. and Quaker City Morocco Leather Company - and need information on these companies as well. Other FELTON family members -- William H. FELTON, Samuel K. FELTON, Samuel K. FELTON, Jr., Frank FELTON, Viola Mayhew FELTON, John FELTON, Morris FELTON, Clarence Biddle FELTON, Harriet Mayhew FELTON, Lawrence LaBourde FELTON, Otto FELTON, J. Sibley FELTON, Henry D. FELTON, George FELTON; J.Jacob FELTON, William S. FELTON and business partner- named William K. Wentz.
- WHARTON posted by Carolynn Leblanc on Monday, November 15, 1999
- I am searching for family of John WHARTON b Mar 3, 1842 in Ohio. I am questioning that he may be related to a Franklin WHARTON of Philadelphia.
- WARWICK posted by Robert O. Warwick, Jr. on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Trying to trace ascendants and descendants of Charles Firman WARWICK who lived in Philadelphia in the mid-to-late-1800's. Specifically interested in knowing if he had any brothers. Charles Firman Warwick married Emily M. Meyers, also of Philadelphia, in 1885.
- COCHELRISE, KACHELRIESS posted by Peggy Reece Bruckner on Monday, November 15, 1999
- Researching KACHELRIESS surname and believe the first arrival was a Nicolaus KACHELRIESS/ COCHELRISE, listed as a male Palatine passenger over the age of 16, who arrived in America on September 27, 1737 at the port of Philadelphia, abroad the ship "Snow Molly" which left from Amsterdam, Holland and sailed via Dover, England. Nicholas COCHELRISE also appears on a PA Early Census Index, Philadelphia Co, PA, but then disappears. Next records found are for Michael and Tabalt COCKLEREECE and their mother, Mary (KACHELRIESS/COCKLEREECE) MYARS/MIERS in NC in about 1770. Mary may be the widow of Nicholas.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project