- BIEBER posted by Viola Herbold on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- looking for adam biebers parents he was born in 1829 he is my gggrandfather
- HARRISON posted by Gloria O'Toole on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am looking for a Joseph Parker HARRISON, b. abt. 1792 in Phil. PA, He married a Mary Ann Williams and second a Sarah Ann Johnson both from Cayuga, NY then went on to Yates Co. NY. Don`t know if he actually went to Cayuga Co. or just met the two women from there. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. He is our brick wall.
- ENNIS posted by Charlie Ennis on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Any information on Patrick ENNIS who came to Phila. in 1853 from Ireland. Thank you for anything that you can do.
- CLARK, HUDSON posted by Debbe A. Hagner on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am researching Ledru R. CLARK who was living in Phil, PA in 1890. His wife name is Isabella. He was born 1852. They had several children but one of them is Harry Merrick CLARK who was born in 1876. He married Clara L. HUDSON. I would like to know when Ledru R. Clark died and buried... When did he married Isabella... Clara L. HUSON's parent name Charles HUDSON and Clara HOLSTON... Any information is greatly appreciate...
- KIRBY posted by Larry Kirby on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I'm looking for information on KIRBY, James H. of Philadelphia, b 1877 Newburgh, NY; d 1904 Wilmington, DE ? Father- James P. of Newburgh; Son- Lawrence Herbert b1904 Wilm. DE. Enlisted in the Penna. Vols. Infantry 2nd Reg. Co. D at Mt. Gretna, PA on 5/10/1898. A KIRBY, Charles C. also enlisted on this date. James H. was mustered out on Oct. 25,1898. Was Charles his brother? Is there any marriage record to a E. Huber? Is there an address or any records of the two men? Thank you
- SEE posted by Eudora Petersen on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Looking for information on Jacob(?) SEE a tailor in Philadelphia around 1860. Possibly a brother of Peter SEE my gggrandfather and a tailor in Cincinnati also a storefront in his home. Peter's son William SEE also was a tailor. Thank-you
- JACKSON posted by Julia Kodak on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Looking for the father of Samuel Dorsey JACKSON born 1755 in Carlisle, PA and lived in Philadelphia before moving to Tennessee in the late 1700's or early 1800's. Have been told his father is Philip Jackson of Antrim, Ireland and merchant in Philadelphia. Would be a relative, possibly brother, of David Jackson, Doctor and member of Continental Congress. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
- BESAU posted by Barbara Adkins on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am looking for information on my father, Frank A. Besau, or the Besau name. He was born in Philadelphia April 29, 1910 or 1911, but I can't find a birth certificate for him..Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- BRECKENRIDGE posted by R. Andrew Breckenridge on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Alexander Breckenridge supposedly came from Ireland or England in 1728 to Philadelphia. I cant find any record of his brother (name?) who actually settled in Pennsylvania. Dont know if he came at same time as Alexander. Would like to find any information on this...ship name etc.
- CRAMBER, DEHAVEN, MCKEEVER posted by Jeanine Dumas Fetterly on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- William DeHaven m. Hannah Cramber at First Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia 3-31-1739. Seeking info on parents of Hannah. William and Hannah's son, Jesse, b. abt. 1749 was father to William DeHaven, b. 8-3-1782, who married Maria McKeever. Searching for name of Jesse's wife and parents or siblings of Maria McKeever. Happy to share my info.
- FETTERLY posted by Jeanine Dumas Fetterly on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Hans Jacob Fetterly (no age known) arrived (probably from German-speaking Switzerland) in Philadelphia in1743 (ship's passenger record). I can find no info on any Fetterly in Philadelphia after this date. Can anyone??? There are no Fetterlys (any spelling) in later census records. I believe he or his sons moved to Albany Co. N.Y. about 1760s but have no proof that N.Y. Hans Jacob Fetterlys were same family as immigrant to Philadelphia. Any info on any Fetterly in Philadelphia in 1700s would be appreciated.
- FIPPS, PHIPPS posted by Nancy Pattullo on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Ura Andria FIPPS or PHIPPS b. 1789 Philadelphia, Pennylvania. m. William A. Watson . 1782 Virginia. Who were Ura Andria Fipps parents. Thank you so much,
- KNOOS posted by Linda Wright on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- KNOOS, Lodwick owned 100 acres of land in 1734 Whitemarsh. May be related to KNOOS Albert R who lived in Philadelphia 1900-1952.
- BEDFORD posted by Elaine Streeter on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Am looking for information about the Quaker father of Sarah and Susan BEDFORD who worked as a teller in a Philadelphia bank in the late 1870s and early 1800s. He was born in 1765 and was married to a Bowersbank from England.
- DEVERS, DRISCOLL, KEOHANE, MCFADDEN posted by James F Keohane on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Margaret DEVERS, James MCFADDEN, John KEOHANE, Johanna DRISCOLL. All born in Ireland. Lived, had families, and died in Phil. PA. Circa 1850-1910
- KOHN posted by Shari Gleason on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am researching George KOHN, naturalized in Germantown, PA, born circa 1775, married to Molly KORN?. Their issue: Jesse, John, Amos, Mary, and Elijah. Show up on 1820 census in Hardy Co., WV. By 1840 all had removed to Franklin Co., OH. Any info or suggestions for research will be greatly appreciated.
- CRAWFORD posted by Jim Crawford on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Seaching for Robert Crawford and/or descendents. Robert was (is) the son of Thomas Crawford and Anne Duncan of Paisley, Scotland who came to live in Philadelphia about 1925. Thomas' father was Robert Crawford, who lived and died in Paisley. Thomas was a mechanic and died in 1945. Thomas' uncle was Matthew Crawford, my grandfather- who was also born in Paisley and came to America in 1925. Matthew was a furniture maker (Joiner) employed by Wanamakers in Philadelphia. Robert (Thomas' son) was in communications with the U.S. Army and stationed in India during WWII. Robert should be in his 80's.
- CAMPHILL posted by Jane Derosier on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- CAMPHILL, Hannah, b. 1838 in Philadelphia. Just learned that she was my great grandmother. Am interested in information abt her & the Camphill family of PA. Thanks for any help.
- HAYES posted by Judith Katzmark on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Searching for family of Frank A. HAYES, b. 7 or 12 May 1878, Philadelphia, PA. May have resided in Germantown neighborhood of Phila. Parents reported as Charles (Carl/Karl?) HAYES, b. Berlin and Emma HYMAN, b. Bremen. Frank orphaned at age 10/11 , ran away from home when 15 . Well-read, spoke fluent German. May have had brother Julius/Julian and sister Ada/Ida. Unable to establish proof in Phila. as stated on death certificate, marriage record, 1910/1920 OR Censuses, Social Security application. Would appreciate connection or guidance.
- BELTZER, SHOW posted by Donna Nichols on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am looking for a Mary Sarah Beltzer who was also known as Mary Sarah Show. I have a copy of a release of annuity done by a Conrad Show of Frederick, Maryland for above lady dated 1767 in Philadelphia. I do not know what release of annuity means but I am interested in any information about this person and if possible the meaning of "release of annuity". Thank you,
- GEUTHER, GUIDER posted by Sharon B. Lodge on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I have some ancestors who lived in Philadelphia abt. 1850 to 1870. The earliest being George Godfrey Christian GUIDER or G.G.C. GUIDER who was naturalized there. I wrote for naturalization records but was unsuccesful in obtaining them. He is listed on page 221 of Philadelphia Naturalization Records as G.G.C. Geuther. Emiline (Emma) GUIDER died in Philadelphia Co., Pa. April 25, 1886. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
- SKIFFINGTON posted by Eileen N. Bernier on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Am looking for death record of Mary/Margaret (Quinn) Skiffington, wife of Michael Skiffington. Mary died in Philadelphia between July 18, 1854 and June of 1860. She would have born abt 1824 in Ireland. Thank You,
- CLAYBACK, IGNASIAK, KLEBACH, KLEBAUCH posted by Stacey Kramer on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am looking for information on my great grandmother, Salomea Ignasiak. She came from Europe between 1900 and 1915 (probably from Poland or Austria). Her madian name was Klebach (Clayback, Klebauch..or some variation). She came through Elis Island and came to Philly to be a "nanny" for some cousins of hers. My grand mother was born in 1916, so I figured she was probably married in 1915 to an Ignasiak. I think his first name was Estaphan or Stephen. Thank you,
- MCMULLEN, RIDDLE, SEBRING posted by Samuel L Sowards on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- 1880 Philly Census lists the household of Russel SEBRING, his wife Sarah, children Mamie, Fernando, Russel, Fammie and Sarah. Also living with them is Russell's brother in law Joseph RIDDLE, and his nephews John and Edward RIDDLE. Seeking information on the RIDDLES. How are they connected to Russell SEBRING. (Also listed: Russell's mother in law, Sarah MCMULLEN.)
- KENSELL posted by Barbara Emery on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Seeking information re. Joseph & Jacob KENSELL, who arrived Philadelphia aboard the ship Robert & Alice in 1738. They are among the list of Palatines that sailed from Rotterdam and then from Dover, England.
- PETERY posted by Leanne Toth on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am searching for relatives of Dr. William E. PETERY, who lived at No. 1624 Diamond Street in Philadelphia around 1910, and 1536 Diamond Street in 1935. He died 27 Feb 1935, and was buried in Wilkes-Barre, PA. His father was Jacob F. Petery of Schuylkill County, PA. I am willing to share information. Thanks in advance for any help.
- EATON posted by Carla Hornibrook on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Census records indicate several EATON families in Philadelphia prior to 1820. Looking for any connection to a set of brothers Thomas (who was in Lancaster by 1814) and Ezekiel (possibly Montgomery Cty in 1820 and definitely Ohio by 1830). There is reference to a possible third brother, Robert. Thomas married a Jane Adams.
- SCHAFER posted by Carl Roman on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am looking for a birth record, baptismal record, etc, and marriage record of Mary Schafer who was born in Philadelphia circa September 29, 1858. She married Adam Roman or any other spellings of ROMAN. Adam Roman was born October 6, 1859. Adam probably came to Philadelphia from Germany. There sons, George Roman and William Roman were born in the Scranton area.
- GILL posted by Florence G. Muller on Sunday, August 15, 1999
James David Gill, b. 1878, d. 1918, in Phila., PA. Looking for info about his parents Henry and Bridget Gill (nee Maquire or McQuire). James married Celine McFetrick, they had 4 children: James, William, Harry, and Celine. Cannot find any information about when Henry and Bridget arrived in US, or if the generation goes even further here in this country.
- CALDWELL posted by Dawn Collins on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Searching for any one with information on the parents or siblings of Casper M. Caldwell, born in Philadelphia, Pa 1841. Any clues or hints appreciated.
- MODE posted by Kerry Thomas on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am looking for info on Jesse MODE of Southwark area. He died 6 Sep 1822 while in Southwark. Is he buried around there?
- LOUCHEIM posted by Stephen A. Kaufman on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am interested in information on my maternal grandmother Florence LOUCHEIM and her family that lived in Philadelphia. She was born about 1889, later married Ira HAUPT of Brooklyn, NY and died on 1/12/1936. She is buried in Brooklyn, NY. I understand her family had French ancestors.
- STEPHENS posted by Karen Sayre on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Searching for Joshua STEPHENS b March 1732/33 in Philadelphia m Priscilla HUMPREYS. Their son, Ebenezer D. was born in May 1784.
- HEARY posted by Denise Foley on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Looking for any information on Matthew Heary, married to Mary McDevitt Heary, born 1861 in Ireland and died January 7, 1925 in Philadelphia. Lived at 5663 Chew Street at the time of his death. Family ran a small grocery store. Left 6 children: Grace M, William A., Matthew A., Edmund J and Vincent D.
- HOWARD, SCANLON posted by Robert Howard on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am searching for information concerning grandfather Edward Arnold HOWARD. He was born late 1890's in Philadelphia; married Agnes SCANLON in same.
- BORCHERT posted by Debbie Lewis on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am looking for Frieda BORCHERT. She came from Mecklenberg-Schwerin, Germany in the late 1800s. She never married, but worked for a wealthy family in Philadelphia. She may also have had a brother, Adolph, in the area.
- WESS, WEST posted by Karen Williams on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Looking for immigrant arrival information on Anton West (or Antone or Wess). I have received different dates on his arrival in the US from Germany. New information says that he arrived in Philadelphia in 1877. My information says he was married in Missouri in 1872! Does anyone have passenger list information which would clarify this? I have no idea what ship or where it's home port was. Family tree make CD #354 lists Anton this way: Antone West, arrived in Philadelphia 1877. His obituary says he arrived in the US in 1864.
- MARTIN, REYNOLDS posted by Rosemary McKinley on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Robert Martin of England married Margaret Reynolds before or after they emigrated to Philadelphia in the 1880s and had the following children: Robert b. 1887 (married Mary Emma) d. 1969; Allen b. 1890 d. 1918; and Florence b. 1895 (married John J. O'Hara) d. 1988.
- CROSSIN, DEIST, MAHONEY, PICKETT, POPE, REED, SYLER posted by Richard M Mahoney on Sunday, August 15, 1999
All above lived and worked in Phila. between 1880 and 1980. Majority of males worked at Navy yard, before during and after WW II.
- HUFF posted by Brenda Pinkhan on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Looking for marriage of Edward Huff and Julia Hughes.
- CADWALLADER posted by Zane Kotker on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Can you find my great grandfather GEORGE CADWALLADER, a carpenter, who was born in Wales about 1840-1850 and who came to Philadelphia as a child or as a young man. He married Hester Sheztline who had come over to Philadelphia's Germantown as a child of 11 from Swabia or the Black Forest in Germany. Sons George and Lacy Llewelyn SP born to them in Philadelphia about 1875-1880. I want to know where in Wales George came from and when.
- KNOWLES, PAIST, PLANTIN posted by Bonnie Knowles Ring on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- I am trying to find the parents of NATHANIEL KNOWLES. He died in 1832 in Buckingham, Bucks county. I believe there was a connection with SAMUEL KNOWLES of Philadelphia. A possible maiden name of Nathaniels' mother is PLANTIN. Nathaniel was relatively young when he died 30-32. His wife was ALICE PAIST and he has 3 sons. Benjamin Kinsey, John Plantin and Oliver or Henry.
- WINSLOW posted by John M. Winslow, Jr. on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Robert Winslow: b County Tyrone, Ireland, abt 1796. d. Philadelphia, 19 Mar 1846, buried 22 Mar. 1846, 4th Presbyterian church. m. Jane Barnett (Burnans?) 17 June 1824 4th Presbyterian church. Request any record of ANY Winslow in Philadelphia from Ireland or any record of Robert Winslow in Philadelphia.
- FREY, FRY posted by Dorthey Jane DelRio on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Need information on Cornelius FRY/FREY born October, 1791/93 in Pennsylvania. What County? Who was his brothers and sisters? Mother and father?
- BEAN, BEHAN, REILLY posted by Margaret May Morgan on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am looking for a marriage which took place in Philadelphia, Pa. at the St. Michael's Church in c 1841. Groom: DENNIS J. O'REILLY married MARY FRANCES BE(H)AN ( or, BEAN). I will appreciate getting any information I can get.
- LANGENNEGGERS, LENGGENHAGER, LINKENHAGER posted by Carolyn Linkenauger Carroll on Sunday, August 15, 1999
My ancestor, Joseph Lenggenhager came into the port of Philadelphia August 1750. He then lived in Frankford/Newhanover. Other than tax lists, I have been unable to locate any information on him at all. He must have been buried Frankford? He was of the reformed faith when he arrived here, but according to Philadelphia Archives, that church became Presbyterian in 1808. Where are the records?
- PRINGLE posted by Dixie Brooks on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am searching for information on a Samuel Pringle. So far the information I have found keeps taking me to Philadelphia, PA as his birthplace. I believe he was born in 1731. His parents were William Pringle and Susanna York? He later moved to WV. Was famous for living in the Pringle Tree after deserting his post with brother John. There may have also been a brother William, Am not sure on that. Hoping someone can help me with this matter.
- DUNHAM posted by Barbara Trott on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am looking for information on James DUNHAM. He was born about 1836 enlisted in the Civil War at Branchport, NY (possibly Yates Co). After his return home he went to Philadelphia and was never heard from again by his family. James was the son of Rev. Thomas DUNHAM and Lavina FOX Dunham. Any help in finding information on what happened to him after the Civil War would be much appreciated.
- BOARDMAN, COOLEY posted by Bill Cooley on Sunday, August 15, 1999
- Seeking family or descendants of Aaron B. COOLEY (probably Aaron Boardman COOLEY) of Phildelphia who is listed in the Phildelphia city directories throughout the decade of the 1860's as merchant and contractor. Business listed as A. B. COOLEY & Co., and A.B. COOLEY & F. B. Colton. Homes and residences on Delaware and Summer Avenues. Aaron believed to be the son of Aaron and Sarah Boardman COOLEY of Onondaga Co, NY.
- HANCOCK posted by Vicki Hancock on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am searching for any information on the family of James Hancock b. approx. 1835 in Philadelphia. He was married to Mary Jane Knox also from Philadelphia. James and Mary were the parents of George T. Hancock b. Philadelphia, April 25, 1865, married to Lillian Margaret Thomas, b. Sept. 28, 1867. Lillian was the daughter of Col. Hampton S. Thomas b. Nov. 3, 1837 d., May 21,1999 and Sarah Bratten, b.March 1, 1843, d. April 14, 1877, daughter of Margaret Burn and Robert Bratten Craig from Chester County.
- SIRACUSA, SIRAGUSA posted by Angela Polizzi on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Looking for descendants of Andrea Siragusa born May 14, 1891 died October 13, 1998. Funeral service was held at Errichetti Funeral Parlors, which I believe no longer exist. Oldest address I have is 5829-30-31 Magnolia Ave and East Rittenhouse Street.
- OTT posted by Diana Bolton on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am searching for the OTT family who lived in the Kensington section of Philadelphia in 1959. They had a daughter Dorothy OTT, that would have been 16 or 18 at the time.
- SWITZER posted by Charlotte Swisher on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Seeking info on John SWITZER who died at Philadelphia, in the 24th year of his age, found in the Henley Marriage & Obituary Database; Virginia Journal and Alexandria Advertiser, P. 2, Col 3, Thursday, September 14, 1786. I have no other info, would like to know if anyone knows of this John.
- HUMPHREYS, HUMPHRIES, HUMPHRYS posted by Dorothy Gaunt on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Searching for information on Abel Humphrys and his brother, John, who lived in Philadephia from the 1790's. I think Abel died there about 1812, and his family returned to England in 1821 where all his children (born between 1795 - 1810 in US) were baptised in the Unitarian Church. Where should I look for information about Abel's death? Was there an equivalent of the Unitarian Church in early Pennsylvania? Would the births of the children be recorded anywhere? Abel and John were merchants from Manchester, Lancashire, ENG - can I find out more about their activities in the US? I am researching from New Zealand and know nothing about US records. Members of the Lancsgen mailing list suggested I ask here for help, and I would truly appreciate any suggestions that might help me find out more about Abel or John.
- GAULBERT, LANIER, WESTCOTT posted by John Patterson on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am seeking information on William LANIER (1810-99), who was born in Washington, NC, and died in Philadelphia, PA. William LANIER the younger was the son of William LANIER the senior and Betsy WESTCOTT. Their daughter, Mary Catherine LANIER, married George GAULBERT. Their son was William Lanier GAULBERT. William LANIER the younger left money to the Historical Society of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia for the purchase of books relating to NC history. I am trying to discover the story behind his generous bequest.
- HILLEBOLD posted by Stanley Flory on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Henry Hillebold, a bootmaker, lived at Market bel 33d W.P. in Philadelphia in 1860. Seek information .
- BLAKEMORE, BOYLE, HUNTLEY, WEST posted by Renée Oelschlaeger on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Need information on Abraham (Abram) West who was born in Philadelphia, PA on or about October 1, 1806. He lived his entire life in Phila. and apparently died sometime after 1900. He was married October 16, 1828 to Elizabeth Huntley (who may have been born sometime in 1812 in Philadelphia). They had at least three children: John (b. 1840), Emma (b. 1830) who married a Capt. Isaac Williams (they also both lived past 1900), and Samuel P. West (b. 1832, d. May 20, 1864 at the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse).
- PIELLER posted by Larry Pieller on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Sarah Pieller,1860 Phila. Census, any info on the Pieller name is greatly appreciated.
- BRITTAIN, BRITTON posted by Susan McAtee on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Hello, I am looking for any information on Thomas Brittain/Britton and Catherine Forbes. I would love to find their parents and siblings. They were married in 1768 in Christ's Church, Philadelphia, PA. The Britton family were living in the Staten Island, NY area. At some point, they moved to Monongalia County, WV. They are my 4G grandparents.
- VAUX posted by Garth Lane on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I am researching William VAUX, born 1825 in Philadelphia. He showed up in the 1850 Doylestown census living next to Richard VAUX, and Mary Ann VAUX. I'm trying to determine the relationships. Also trying to find out his wife's maiden name (Mary _). Any VAUX pedigree charts out there?
- BRUNINGHER posted by Shirley Chapman on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Philadelphia Co. PA. 1731. Bruningher, Veith . I need info about this family as shown in the book of passenger lists by Strassberger & Hinke. The ships name was Brittania sailed Sept. 1731 from Rotterdam.
- COUGHLIN, MCGRATH posted by Gregory McNab on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Thomas McGRATH and Catherine COUGHLIN were married ca. October, 1830 in Old St Joseph's Church. She died in 1887. About him I know nothing, except that he died before she did. They had at least 14 children between ca. 1832 and 1854. Has anyone come across them?
- JACKSON, WOODROW posted by Julia Kodak on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Searching for any information concerning Elizabeth (Eliza) Catherine WOODROW, born September 22, 1764 in Philadelphia, PA . Her father was Henry Woodrow. Eliza or Elizabeth was married to Samuel Dorsey JACKSON and they moved to East Tennessee. Samuel Jackson was son of Philip Jackson, a merchant in Philadelphia.
- CHESCO, CIACIA, SERIANNI, SIRIANNI, SPALLONE posted by Gerry M. Serianni on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Researching Serianni, Sirianni, & Spallone families from the Chestnut Hill & Germantown sections of Philadelphia.
- SCHAEFFLING, SCHAFFING, SCHEFFING posted by Joan Byman on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Searching for data on William SCHAEFFLING (SCHAEFFING, SCHAFFING on marriage certificate) who was naturalized in 1856 in Philadelphia. Left Germany about 1853. Please contact me if you have any information.
- HUMPHRIES, SOBBIE posted by Beverly Henry on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I'm looking for marriage information on HUMPHRIES, George born Aug 1865, England. Immigrated to US 1885. Spouse name Anna(ie) SOBBIE born Sept 1868, PA. According to 1900 census, they lived on Bancroft St, Phila, PA with 5 children, Emma H. born Aug,1890, Walter N., Stella N., Ellwood G., Harry T. I'm searching for birth and death records for SOBBIE, Anna(ie) M. According to Phila. County 1900 Census, she was born Sept 1868 in Pennsylvania.
- KENNEDY, SCANLAN posted by Beverly Henry on Sunday, August 15, 1999
I'm looking for birth records, marriage, for SCANLAN, Patrick Joseph, date of birth ca. 1889. Married Margaret Teresa KENNEDY, date of birth ca. 1890. According to the 1920 Philadelphia census, their place of abode was #1530 on 28(?) Street, Phila. Children Rita age 5 4/12 and Helen age 2 3/12.
- MACHAMER posted by Gerry Machmer on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Henry Machamer is in possession of a family bible containing the names of Charles, Jacob, Michael, Henry, Joshua and John Machamer as children of Michael Machamer. His last address was Box 28029, Philadelphia, 19131. Please contact Gerry Machmer.
- MOSER, STINSMAN posted by Paul Basso on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Need to find info on Catherine STINSMAN, married to Philip SCHRODER 22 Jul 1782 Swede's Church, Philadelphia. Also her sister, Christina STINSMAN, who was married to Henry MOSER 8 Dec 1782, Swede's Church, Philadelphia. They were sisters to my 3rd great grandfather, Jacob STINSMAN, married to Susannah BROWN 23 May 1790, Swede's Church, Philadelphia. Little is known on either sister, and only bits and pieces on Jacob.
- KNOCH posted by Lorena Knoch on Sunday, August 15, 1999
Looking for info on a Herman KNOCH who came from Rotterdam to Philly on the Ship Dorothea 14 OCT 1787. This was ten years earlier than the estimated date of birth I have for my g-g-grandfather Herman KNOCH (b. circa 1797). I am trying to determine if there was any connection between these two men. The story passed down through my family is that my g-g-grandfather came to Pennsylvania from Germany. We have a family Bible he passed down to us . That has family birth/marriage/death info written in German. He married Maria Gottoia 11 SEP 1840 in Ross county, Ohio. I have the names/birthdates of their 13 children, and his date of death, but other than that, I have nothing. I would like to find out when/if he came to US, who his parents were, etc.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project