- BOLDIN posted by Marge Boldin Milner on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for parents of John Wesley BOLDIN and George W. BOLDIN, who were born in Alexandria, VA 1843 & ca 1845. John Wesley BOLDIN (CW alias John BOLING) enlisted in Co. D, 3rd PA Cav and was inducted at Philadelphia, in 1861. I found 4 BOLDINs on the Philadelphia City Directory for 1890 (through Ancestry.com). Two George and one Charles. John Wesley BOLDIN was my grandfather, GEORGE W. BOLDIN was my great Uncle and my father's brother was named CHARLES Edmund BOLDIN. The family story only says that 3 BOLDIN brothers arrived in the U.S. at the Port of Alexandria, VA sometime in the mid to late 1700's and went off in three different directions, with one remaining in the Alexandria area. The 3 lost track of each other. When I saw the 2 George BOLDINs and one Charles BOLDIN in Phila., I wondered if there could be a connection. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
- MORRIS posted by Teresa Monanhan on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- ROBERT MORRIS JR BORN DEC 20 1769 SON OF ROBERT MORRIS THE SIGNER OF PHILDELPHIA MARRIED ANNA SHOEMAKER MAY 5 1796. DOES ANYONE HAVE HIS DEATH DATE AND WHERE? CAN USE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS FAMILY.LAST KNOWN CHILD BENJAMIN WAS BORN IN 1804.WILL OF ROBERT MORRIS THE SIGNER NAMES THREE SONS ONLY IN 1806.ROBERT JR,HENRY,AND THOMAS.THE WILL OF ROBERT MORRIS WIFE MARY WHITE MORRIS 1827 LIST ONLY TWO SONS ,HENRY AND THOMAS. SO I BELIVE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ROBERT MORRIS JR MAY HAVE HAD MORE CHILDREN.
- CROPPER posted by Pat Ellingwood on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Seeking information on CROPPER, Lyttleton or the Philadelphia Havre de Grace Steam Tow Boat Company. He was a Captain on a tow boat in 1860.
- GEBBIE posted by Janet Hays Austin on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Seeking info. on my great-grandfather,George GEBBIE,who resided at 7th and Spruce Sts in the 1880's or 90's.He was a publisher of fine illustrated books and also had a lithographing business.Married to Mary Jane FitzGerald,children-George,Margaret(Hays)illustrator,Viola Grace(Weidersheim,Drayton)illustrator Campbell Soup kids,Mary(Vernou),Janet(Edwards)my grandmother.Seek ancestry in Ayrshire,Scotland.Born 1832.Mother-Janet Hay.
- FAYLE posted by Eve Watkins on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am trying to confirm that Samuel FAYLE (member of the Society of Friends) removed to Philadelphia from Ireland in 1742-43, And that he had a daughter MARY, who married Henry Holyday in 1746 in Old Swede's Church, Wilmington, DE. A letter from Mungo Bewley in Ireland would have recommended the acceptance of said Samuel. Does anyone know?
- DEHAAS posted by Debra Clark on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Seeking information on Harry DeHaas b. Oct. 07, 1875 Philadelphia, PA married to Flora Emma Bowen b. Mar. 31, 1880 St. Joseph, MO. I would like to exchange information with other descendants.
- LOSTUTTER posted by Lona Lostutter Livers on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for any information on brothers Jacob and Nickolas Lostutter from Germany. Believe arrived Phildelphia aboard the ship St. Andrew, from Rotterdam and Cowes, England. Took oath at courthouse on Saturday, Aug. 18, 1850. Appreciate any help. Will share what info I have.
- ALLEN, EACHUS, FRENCH, HALL, MICKLE, VANDERGRIFT posted by Linda Egan Flynn on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Alice Hannah Hall, dau. of Elwood Hall & Virginia Vandergrift, m. John Hamilton Mickle 1900, Phila. Maude Allen, dau. of Charles H. Allen & Virginia Vandergrift, married Horace French. Roland aka Duke Eachus, son of George Eachus and Alice Hannah Hall.
- CONNELLY, GARRIGUES, ROBINSON posted by Pat Toner on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am seeking information about Henry and Samuel Robinson who both married a girl named Rebecca Garrigues [these girls were cousins]. Henry was married in 1766 and died in 1776 and is buried in St. Paul's churchyard, Philadelphia with three of his children; Samuel, Mary, and either Catherine or Richard [the one stone is unreadable.] Also Rebecca Garrigues Connnely who died in 1785 is buried there beside them. Now the problem is that there is a major disagreement as to who the parents of the Rebecca who married Henry and who is the parents of Rebecca that married Samuel. Do you have any of these names in your data base. Thanks for your help.
- CROSBY, THOMPSON posted by Jeannine Wiley on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on Dale Crosby b. 1839 in Philadelphia d. 1914 in AR. He married Rose Thompson b. 1850 in Germany d. 1907 in AR. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you.
- HARTNETT, WARING posted by Debbie Bromiley on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for information on the Hartnett's and Waring Family of Philadelphia, Penna. My great grandfather John Hartnett work as a horse trainer at the Morrell Estate on State Rd, and My grandmother father Joseph Waring was a fireman at State Rd. Any information about these 2 families would be greatly appreciated.Looking for all cousins we are trying to have a family reunion.
- KRAUSE, LEIMIN, MEYER, SCHNEIDER, SNYDER posted by Beth Smith on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I'd like to submit a query on Maria Salome MEYER, who was born on August 01, 1776 in Phila.,PA. I believe she was the daughter of Philip MEYER and Salome LEIMIN who were married July 21, 1774 in Phila., PA..
The other children of Philip and Salome MEYER were Nicalous MEYER, b. June 20, 1779 and Rachel MEYER, b. December 26, 1781. There may have been more children.
Maria Salome MEYER married Georg Carl SCHNEIDER on September 04, 1794 in St. Michael's/Zion's Lutheran Church, Phila., PA. He was the son of Georg Hartman SCHNEIDER and Maria KRAUSE.
Maria Salome and Georg Carl SCHNEIDER became known as Sarah and Charles SNYDER by the early 1800's. Charles died in 1814, and Sarah lived with her children until her death in 1853. She had a daughter named Mary Ann SNYDER (born in 1804) and a son named Peter L. SNYDER (born in 1809). There may have been another son named Carl or Charles, born abt. 1796 and a daughter, born abt. 1805.
Please contact me if you recognize this family. Thanks.
- DOXTATOR, MATURO posted by Debbie Bromiley on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Maturo-Looking for information of the Maturo family of Philadelphia, Penna. They owned a tavern in Philadelphia and also a amusement park, that had games and rides in the Philadelphia Pa. Any pictures of a park call Maturo Amusements or Angelo Amusements would be greatly appreciated.Also looking for first wife of Michael Maturo, he married my grandmother under a different name.
Doxtator-Any information on a Wilson J Doxtator, had three daughters Susan, Oneata, and Eva all of Philadelphia.
Thanks for all your help,
- BROWN posted by Will Brown on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- My grandfather ANDREW BROWN was born June 12 1839 Philadelphia PA. died Sept ember 14 1895 Philadelphia. PA he owned a box shop in Philly. He was also Raised in the masons 1860 "Washington Lodge #59" He was married to Martha Simpson. I'm looking for his fathers name. All its says in old family bible in ( Father was direct descendent of Lady Anne Hamilton And The Marquis Of Abercorn ) Any help
- OSBORNE posted by George Hanson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am interested in learning about SAMUEL OSBORNE, born in 1818 in Overbrook Philadelphia County. His father was NATHANIEL OSBORNE, who lived in Overbrook at the same time. He later moved to Lancaster and then by 1850 moved to Beaver Co.
- JONASSON, NIELSON posted by Barbara Clayton on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on my 10th great grandfather Jonas NIELSON, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1643 and established a settlement on Tinicum Island. The Captain that transported my grandfather was Captain John Printz and Jonas and other Swedes established a Swedish colony called "New Sweden". His son was Mounce JONASSON, who married Ingebo YOCUM? Would like some help with locating concrete histories on this family. Mounce and Ingabo's daughter Magdalene, married Andrew BYRD I, who served in the Revolutionary War, with the 5th Virginia Company under Captain Peter Showll. Any help with these lines would be greatly appreciated.
- KREIG, KRIEG, KRIG posted by Marie Reimiller on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for WILLIAM KRIEG, who fought in the civil war with the 27th Pa infantry. Resided in Philadelphia before the war.
- MCNEW posted by Jack Templeton on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for any descendants of Basil MCNEW, who was living in Philadelphia per the 1890 city directory. I have information on his background, he was born in Baltimore and moved with his mother/siblings to Franklin Co, PA ca 1850. I'd be happy to share info...I'm trying to find more on his father, William.
- FELL posted by Pam Jenkins on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for Thomas FELL b.abt 1753 (probably) in Philadelphia Co, PA and Robert Washington FELL b. 8 Mar 1779 Philadelphia Co, PA; d. 16 Mar 1829 in Escambia Co, Florida. m. Delilah Walker 1 May 1808 (location unknown) Delilah was born Maryland or Washington DC. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
- BAKER posted by Linda Webb on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am researching the BAKER family of Philadelphia. Family legand had it that the BAKERS owned land on which the Phila. mint was built. Looking for DANIEL BAKER, PHILLIP BAKER, CATHERINE BAKER.
- BECK posted by Charles E. Beck on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for ancestors of HENRY BECK, who was born 25 Dec 1811 in Philadelphia, PA. He married ELIZABETH BONSALL CORNEAU on 3 Mar 1834. I have extensive decendent information, but no ancestor information.
- HERRIGER, HOERGER posted by Laurel Hardy on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on HERRIGER (HOERGER) family that settled near Phila. His name was Johan Michael, and he was a weaver. he bought 492 acres in Frederick Township and was the first landowner there.
- BACH, HOFFMAN, JUNG, SHIMER, YOUNG posted by Charles Woodrow Young on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for my ancestors SHIMER, BACH ,YOUNG , HOFFMAN and JUNG. Frederick SHIMER was married to Mary Magdalene BACH born in Philadelphia County abt 1732. Their daughter, Catherine SHIMER married George YOUNG,JR. in St. Michaels and Zion Church, Philadelphia County Feb. 18, 1784. Georg Daniel BACH was born in Philadelphia County abt 1712. Frederick SHIMER'S children were: Conrad, Daniel, Bartholomew, Michael, Frederick, John , Peter, Catherine, Elizabeth, Mary and Barbary. George YOUNG (JUNG) Sr. was born in Philadelphia County abt 1740 and married Rosina HOFFMAN on Jan. 19, 1764. Would appreciate any information on any of these families.
- MCKAY, MCKOY posted by Anthony Bailey on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for information about LEWIS (WASH) MCKOY or MCKAY born 1878. He married Lillie Smith and they resided in Harnett County, NC until sometime after 1920. It appears that he relocated along with his mother in law and sister in law's family to an unknown location. The reason that I am searching Philadelphia is, he had a brother (William Russell McKoy) that migrated to that part of Pennsylvania. I have searched many types of North Carolina records but so far I can only find his marriage certificate and census report, all from 1920 and before. I can find no information after 1920 and none of his few remaining neices or nephews have ever heard of him.
- HALSEY posted by Joe-Anne Corwin on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for information about the parents of Samuel H. Halsey b. 3-23-1887, ward 29. Physician NW.Mindle. Found entry in big book, ran out of time in SLC to find actual physician's records listing parents. Especially need first name of Halsey father and maiden name of mother - first name is May. Thank you very much for any help.
- JOHNSON, SEARLE posted by Kris Hutchinson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on my grandfather, Dr. William Searle Johnson. He practiced psychiatry at Philadelphia State Hospital until his death in April 1954. He was born in Philadelphia 15 Nov 1891.
1) I am looking for any descendents of his by his second wife whose name I do not know.
2) I am also looking for a confirmation of his parents names (Harry Johnson and Lillian Searle Johnson) and where they came from.
I believe that Dr. William Searle Johnson was living in some kind of "quarters" on the grounds of the hospital at the time of his death and I understand he was buried in Philadelphia in a Searle family plot.
I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank-you for your time.
- WELLS posted by Jackie Lubinski on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on Harry James Wells who was born in Philadelphia on January 11, 1869 and died on December 14, 1914 in Bound Brook, NJ. He married an Anna Coral Durling of Harlingen, Somerset County, New Jersey in February, 1896. A 1905 NJ census record stated that he was born in Pennsylvania, that his father was born in France and that his mother was born in Pennsylvania. This is all that I have to go on. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
- HUNTSMAN posted by Sandra Ferguson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I j hust been sent, by a fellow Huntsman researcher, a family sheet stating that our earliest HUNTSMAN ancestors are John and wife Deborah. He is suppose to have been born circa 1717 and to have died Oct 10, 1749 in Phiadelphia. His wife, Deborah ?, to have died on June 2, 1748 in Philadelphia. Their children were John (1736), James (ca 1740), Deborah, William (1738) and Andrew. Is anyone researching this family?
- BLACKSTONE posted by Linda Brooks on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- THOMAS BLACKSTONE was,according to letters that I have in my possession addressed from Philadelphia in 1840 and again in November 1860, indeed in Philadelphia. He was reported to have a net worth in 1850 of $247,000. His family had earlier settled in a community called New Philadelphia, Monroe Co, Tennessee. Since he wrote correspondence in 1840 to his family in Tennessee from Philadelphia, it is assumed that he may have returned to his native home from Tennessee and perhaps had gone into some sort of lucrative family business. It appears that he never did return to New Philadelphia, Tennessee. Could anyone help me with the occupation he was engaged in before the Civil War that could have made him wealthy (I assume a net worth of $247,000 in 1850 would indicate that) and any information on his or the BLACKSTONE family?? Thanks in advance.
- FISHER, SCHOETTLE posted by Mike Schoettle on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for the marriage date of John Paul Schoettle and Matilda Fisher. They were married in Philadelphia between 1869-1873, most likely in 1871/72. John was born somewhere in Germany in 1852 and Matilda was born in NY (possibly Brooklyn) in 1853. There children were Harry Paul, Gustave, Emma, John Jr, Frederick, Matilda, and George. This info and any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- LITT, LITTMAN posted by Michael Litt on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for our grandfather's birth or any kind of information on SAMUEL LITT borne March 15, 1903 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; died October 14, 1975 in Chicago, Illinois. His father ISAAC LITTMAN came from Odessa, Russia. I have no name for his mother. ISAAC had the following children: LENA, SAMUEL, GOLDA, AL, GUSSIE, and IDA. Thank You.
- STRETCH posted by James.Stretch on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Thru Ancestory.com I found James Stretch listed at the first census of the United States in the year 1790 Philadelphia PA. At this time I am able to trace my lineage to Jesse Stretch in Fayette county OH. 1817. Would like to hear from anyone who might have information that could connect James to Jesse. Jesse's wife was Elizebeth Vandolah from New Jersey.
- WHITTIER posted by Jeannine Sherman on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for Charles Alvah WHITTIER, born 12/31/1835 in Massachusetts, attended Eclectic Medical School in Philadelphia in 1859. Would someone look and see if he is listed in a Philadelphia city directory before July 1859. He was in Iowa in July 1859. Trying to find his parents names and town of birth.
- MCGURK posted by Thomas J. McGurk on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- ANY INFORMATION ON PETER AND MYRA MCGURK IMMIGRATED FROM IRELAND CIRCA 1860 LIVE IN PHILA. PA,
- GREENLEAF, OLDFIELD posted by Shirley Ann Garvin on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- l am looking for information on JOHN H. GREENLEAF, b. 1776 in Lancaster County. His wife was MARY OLDFIELD, but he may have been married previously. He had a son HUDSON GREENLEAF, and both were living in Philadelphia when the 1850 census was taken. I will gladly share what I have.
- GLENNON posted by James Michael Glennon on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for the parents of my father, James Joseph Glennon. My father was born in Mahanoy City, PA but lived most of his life in Philadelphia where he died several years ago. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
- ENGLISH posted by Patrick Francis English on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am seeking information on my father Ronald Charles English born October 4, 1916 in Philadelphia. He died in December of 1983. His first marriage was to my mother Rita Theresa Gallager. They divorced when I was 4 years old and he never kept in touch with us. My mother told me that his parents were William Andrew English and Martha Tompkins but I have no verification of this. I am seeking information on my English ancestors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- PENDERGAST posted by Janet Hanson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- John PENDERGAST (born April 26, 1790 Philadelphia, PA) married Barbara MARKLE (April 11, 1815 in Bedford County, PA)
John PENDERGAST was the son of Hanna GRAYDON (died 1795 Philadelphia PA) and John PENDERGAST SR (Born 1765 Philadelphia PA (married 1785 Philadelphia PA (Died 1795 Phildelphia PA
which to share information with other family members
- GARDNER posted by Dave Beilfuss on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for descendants of FRANKLIN SMITH GARDNER 1866-1950 and ULYSESS SIMPSON GARDNER 1864-1936. Both were sons of my great-grandfather ELEAZER GARDNER 1837-1912. Both were born in Virginia but lived and died in Philadelphia.
- RUBICAM posted by Doug Whisenant on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for any information on Charles A. (or maybe W.) Rubicam, b. abt 1814 in PA, appeared in the 1850 Philadelphia Census, wife Catherine (?) b. abt. 1818. Married by abt. 1833.
- BING posted by Caroline Byng on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- JOHN BING, buried 1716, Sept 4 in Christ Church Cem. Can someone look this up for me and see if there is any truth to this or any other information?
BING, MARY JANE, 1728, MARCH 15, BURIED, PHILIDELPHIA (not a Friend). Trying to confirm this, find where she is buried, any other information will be appreciated.
BYNG/BING, John, b. 10 May 1773 Philadelphia, moved to Chester shortly after. Unknown father and mother's name, possibly John and Jane.
- JACKSON posted by Stephen Jackson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for the grave site of Dr. Evan Owen JACKSON of Philadelphia, PA. He was the son of Evan Owen and Elizabeth Jackson. Dr. Jackson was born March 3, 1836 and graduated from Philadelphia Medical College in 1858. He was practicing medicine in Philadelphia when he received an appointment from Governor Andrew Curtin as Assistant Surgeon of the 2nd Pennsylvania Reserves, December 26, 1862. Dr. Jackson served with the regiment through the battle of Gettysburg, where he was taken ill with a fever. He was taken to Providence Hospital in Washington, DC, where he died August 4, 1863. I assume his body was returned to his parents in Philadelphia since he was not married. My purpose in this query is to locate his grave. I am doing a history of my Civil War relatives, and as part of that project, I am trying to locate and visit each grave site. One additional request- what is the current name of the 1858 Philadelphia Medical College, if it is still exists. His father, Evan Owen Jackson Sr., was an attorney with a practice in Philadelphia. I really appreciate any help you can provide. I am the past president of my county historical society and we respond to many of these requests. I know of the effort that is sometimes involved.
- ESCHER, ESHER, HRINKOVICH, SIMON, VILE, WALLER posted by Carol Ann Rankin on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for John A WALLER. He married Margaret ESCHER?ESHER. John's father's name was John A WALLER, but on some things his name is written Robert WALLER. John (Robert) WALLER married Martha VILE. John (Robert) WALLER's father's name was Stewart WALLER. He lived near or on Stonehouse Lane. Any info will be much appreciated
HRINKOVICH Searching for Gregory HRINKOVICH. He lived on Cayuga St. He married Ana LOMBAG. He died in 1952 either in October or December. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
SIMON/HOFFMAN- Looking for information on George Henry SIMON. I have some information on a George Henry SIMON from the Johannes SIMON line. I really would like to connect my great grand father to this line. It states that his mother and father's names were Samuel SIMON and Lydia HOFFNER. He was born about 1879, what i am looking for to connect him is this the George Henry SIMON that was married to Margaret HOFFMAN.. If anyone can help me I would be ever grateful.
- WYLIE, YOUNG posted by Bethany Anne Young on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for as much information as possible on the ancestry of Marguerite Philomena Wylie (b. April 30, 1914) and Edward Erwin Young (b. 1914 d. December 7, 1945).
- BROWN posted by Will Brown on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I'm looking for information on my grandfather . He was born Philadelphia , June 12th 1839 Died on main St. Philadelphia Sept 14 1895 of hart attack. Raised in Washington lodge # 59 Sept 19/1861. Was Married to Martha Simpson. I am looking for his Fathers name.and where they lived.
- BROWN posted by Betty Brown Laes on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for parents of Issachar BROWN b l760 Philadelphia Co. D.A.R. members naming Issachar as ancestor states that his parents wereStephen BROWN and Jean _____. Would like to find proof. Issachar was a Rev. War soldier. Family "stories" say that he was youngest son and that there were five BROWN boys in Rev. War. Issachar m. Hannah Craven c. l788 and moved to Loudoun Co. VA. and had 9 children He d. l840.
- HAWORTH, HOWARTH posted by Roy Haworth on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for "last will" information. Where can I search to find information concerning a will (1915) that gives the estate (real,personal, and mixed) to the Fidelity Trust Company of Philadelphia IN TRUST to collect income and interest and to reinvest from time to time untill the youngest granddaughter reaches the age of 21 which should have happened about 1924
- LACHENMAIER, LANG posted by Jill E. McLeester on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Herman Lang b. Stuttgart, Germany 1820-1840, m. Mary Magdelene Lachinmaier, b. Germany 1831, d. PA 1905. Children: 1. Anna Maria Magdelene b. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., m.1881Philadelphia, PA Charles Alexander McLeester, d. 1894. 2. Amelia m. Charles Zeiss. 3. August H. m. Emma ?
- FOODY, SWIFT posted by Shannon Morris on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Seeking info on this Co. Mayo/Sligo Irish family who arrived in PA c. 1870's. Some brothers used the Gailic Foody, others used the English "mistranslation" Swift. Would like more info on a lawyer, Bartholomew Swift, found in 1930's Philadelphia directory. Thank you.
- CLEAVER, ENGARD, ENGERS, ENGERT, ENGHERT, ENYART, KLEVER posted by Gerre Engard Byrd on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Philip ENGARD immigrated in 1728 and settled in Upper Dublin, Montgomery Co., (formerly Phila. Co.) PA where he raised at least 10 children with the help of his wife, Catherine (CLEAVER): Philip, Henry, Jacob, John, Adam, Peter, William, Anna Margaret CUPP, Mary EMICH, & Elizabeth BECKER/BAKER.
Looking for descendants.
Looking for proof that Catherine was a "Cleaver".
Looking for information on son, Peter Engard, who was m: to Isabella ______. They both died about 1825 and had resided Montgomery Co., PA also.
- DREBY posted by Mary Lynn Felsberg on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Am looking for information about FANNIE DREBY b. Feb. 28, 1868 d. Nov. 10, 1892 in Philadelphia. Her father was HENRY C. DREBY also born in Phil. in 1838 Died Jan. 30, 1895. Both were Buried in Mt. Peace Cemetery. Thanks for any help.
- GORMLEY, KENNY posted by Jerry Dwyer on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- My ggrandfather Joseph Kenny was born in Ireland in the 1830s. He arrived in Philadelphia in 1849 along with two brothers and a sister Mary. He received his naturalization papers in Philadelphia in 1854. He then moved west, married Elizabeth McDevitt in San Francisco in 1865 and settled in Virginia City, NV. In 1874 he received a letter from his cousin in Philadelphia, William Gormley. William mentions that Joseph's two brothers are still around but his sister Mary recently died. William also mentions that his brother John Gormley moved to San Francisco in 1873. William also says he has 5 children, including 3 boys, one named Andy and one named Joseph - named for Joseph Kenny. I am looking for Joseph Kenny's birthplace and for the names of his parents and siblings. I believe he may have come to Philadelphia with his Gormley relatives.
- PARKER posted by Stephen Jackson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for the grave site of Dillwyn PARKER. He was a resident of Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. His last known address was 44 Queen Lane, Germantown. He died April 9, 1904. Please advise if you any information.
- MANNEN posted by Darryl McDonald on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am researching an ancestor John Mannen who came to Ontario, Canada in late 1700's from Phildelphia area. According to family sources he was a soldier in British service(loyalist?) of Irish descent ( however later decendants census records list as Dutch or German?)born abt 1764. I have located baptismal record for a 3 month old John Mannen, son of John Mannen and Catharine, from 5/4/1766 at the First Reformed Church of Philidelphia, and am trying to find a connection. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- HAMILTON, LAFFERTY posted by Mary Ellen Ponzio on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Searching for information on Andrew Hamilton Sr born about 1838 in Phila PA. One son was Andrew Jr born 1859 In Phila. Jr married Martha Lafferty and they moved to Pgh Pa. He was shot to death in 1923 in Pgh's Northside. Need Martha's parents names and Andrew Sr wife and parents names. Thank you in advance!
- BUCK, GAUDENBEIN, KOTZ, KULLEN, SCHLEPPE, SCHWENKEL posted by Beverly Keith on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Johann Jakob BUCK, wife Magdalene GAUDENBEIN, children: Johann Jakob, Sofia and Christian arrived in Port of Philadelphia 9/24/1751 on ship Neptune, last from Cowes, with others from Wuerttemberg, Germany: Christopher KOTZ; Albrecht SCHLEPPE; David KULLEN and Uhllerich SCHWENKEL. Would appreciate any information on these families. Thank you.
- RIDER posted by Johanna McGinnis on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am interested in lineage for Roy Roscoe RIDER, b 1897 in Philadelphia. Any interest or info?
- BIEHL, FRITZ, SCHEIRER, SCHEURER, SEIBERT, STANINGER, STEININGER, WEAVER posted by Paul M. Kankula on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Trying to determine parents for Abraham Biehl b.1788, Catharina Fritz b.1811, Solomon Seibert b.1778, Maria Scheirer b.1779 and George D. Steininger b.1738, Bertha Weaver b.1784.
- NUGENT posted by Thomas J. Kerr on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I have a photograph of a lady that was probably taken about 1860 -1870. On the back of the photo is a note that reads" Address her letters to her son James Nugent, Creson Street, Manayunk (Philadelphia) Pa. The photographer was G. Entrekin, 4384 Main Street, Manayunk. This photo was found along with papers and photographs from my father's family. If any person has information concerning this Nugent family I would appreciate a reply as I have no other source for information. Thank you very much for your effort.
- TAYLOR posted by Sherrill Madden on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- TAYLOR, JOSEPH (Quaker) lived in Philadelphia abt 1900-1903. He with others went to North Collins, Erie County, NY to work with the indians in the neighboring county of Chautauqua. He had nephew CALEB TAYLOR, but no mention of brothers or other family members.
- BILLINGS, KEILMAN, RITER posted by Sharon Otis on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on the following families. BENJAMIN BILLINGS, PHILIP RITER AND WILLIAM KEILMAN, all of Philadelphia. I do know the BILLINGS and RITER'S were in Philadelphia in 1834 and the KEILMAN family after 1848. This is all I know.
- MCLEAN posted by Richard Porter Hudson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for my forebear, Joseph McLean, was ostensibly born in Philadelphia County in 1752. He eventually migrated to NC where he served in the Continental Army as a private from 1775-1781 (quite a stint) and eventually was on the pensioner's list and died at Guilford County, NC in 1832.
Thank you and warm regards,
- COTTON posted by Dan Cotton on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- COTTON, Thomas, born in England arrived in Philadelphia in abt 1845. Emma his first wife had at least two sons Byron, born 1847 and Alonzo born in 1853. Possibly two daughters, Elvira and Eleanor. Thomas and his daughters worked in the family Dry Goods store. Thomas belonged to many civic organizations and died in 1989 and was buried in the old Glenwood Cemetery. Thomas married twice after Emma died in 1859. Mary Ann Knowles from Pottsville was his second wife, she died in 1869. Thoams then married Julia Bradby from New Jersey. After Thomas' death Julia married George Speed. Any information is appreciated.
- RENTZ, SALEVSKI, SCHLAACK, SCHLAAK, SCHLACK posted by Susan Schlack on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Seeking information on SCHLACK, SCHLAACK, SCHLAAK, SALEVSKI, RENTZ. Carl August SCHLACK / SCHLAACK / SCHLAAK (19 Nov. 1854-1938) of Prussia or Germany settled in Philadelphia. He immigrated circa 1871, occupation wheelwright. He married Natalie SALEVSKI (c.1854-c.1928) of Prussia. Children: Richard (1891-1977) married Alma Marie RENTZ, Bruno (1895-1974), Carl (1906-1970), Frieda (Schlack) Whitaker, Hulda Helwig (Schlack) McGee.
- CHESNUT, CHESTNUT posted by Rosalind Ashmun on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- In 1820 there are several Chesnut families in the Philadelphia. I am searching the lineage of these families, Charles, Jane, John, Mary, and Samuel. Can anyone help.
- KING, LAVERTY posted by Ross G. Perry on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Jesse LAVERTY, my 4ggf, was a grocer and commission merchant in Philadelphia from before 1810 to 1838, when he moved to Elizabeth, NJ. Prior to 1808, he married Mary KING, daughter of Robert and Mary. They had children William King (my 3ggf), Mary, Martha, and others. I wish to know parents and ancestry for Jesse, and would welcome sharing with descendants/cousins. Thank you.
- BOGNER, PITT posted by Willy Konieczny on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Trying to find Milland Fillmore Pitt, father of Jacob Samuel Pitt. Milland was married to Belle Bogner. Census records show they were from Phili., Co., Pa. Thank you for any help.
- COULEY, GIBSON, MCAVOY, STEWART posted by Gerald Kirwan on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Seeking any descendents of RICHARD McAVOY born 1782 in Ireland, died in Philadelphia in 1860. His wife Mary was born 1781 and died in Philadelphia in 1857. Mary was a widow and when she married Richard she had two daughters, Harriet, wife of Benedict Stewart, and Mary, wife of Oliver Couley. The daughter of Richard and Mary McAvoy was ROSANNA GIBSON born 1819 and died 1871. Rosanna Gibson was married to Alfred Gibson who died in 1900. I believe they had a least two children, Elizabeth Cecilia (1847-1871) and Richard W. (1851-1852). After Rosanna died, Alfred Gibson may have married Virginia Frances and they may have had a daughter Mary Emma Gibson Gates who died in 1925.
- MORSELANDER posted by Eugene H Morselander on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on the roots of the Morselander (of the five points area and atlantic city) and the Rodrigo family (primarily from cheltenham then Abington). My parents Eugene & Patricia Morselander were married (1954) and lived in germantown from 1954 to 1958 then moved to Warminster. the Rodrigo's (Henry and Dorothy) lived in Cheltenham during the 30'and 40's i believe. Any help prior to 1955 would be greatly appreciated
- PFANMILLER, SWEENEY, WALLACE posted by Allyn Goff on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Any info about these names? The family members lived in Philadelphia mid 1800s to ? the addresses I can find are by the docks. Daniel Sweeney an Anna Eliza Sweeney 9 Brunt St. Children: Mabel Jane Sweeney born 7 Mar 1873, The youngest Daniel Sweeney died in his teens I think. There were at least four other sisters names unkwn. The father Daniel Sweeney was a Mechanic.Elizabeth Wallace lived at 1334 Earl St.in 1887 she could be Anna Eliza Sweeneys mother.Mabel Jane Sweeney married William Pfanmiller in approx. 1887 and their children were: William Daniel born 1888 Philadelphia Mabel Eliza 1889 Phila Alvin Michael born ? Ruth Kathryn born 1904 Kansas City Kansas. In 1888 the Pfanmillers lived at 1234 Earl in Philadelphia. William was a paint mixer (formulas).
- CASSIDY posted by Heather Becker on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on my grandfather, James CASSIDY, and his family. He was born about 1896, and was living in Philadelphia in 1935 when my mother was born. He may have been married to another women at this time and consequently may not have told his family about this. He was still living in Philadelphia in mid-1960's on Alegheny or Algainy Street. I believe his mother's name was Mary Ann. My grandmother name is Mary Sliva, from Manitoba, Canada. If this sounds like a family secret you know about, I would appreciate any information you can give me.
- FAIRWEATHER, GIFFORD posted by Janice Gifford on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Am seeking information about Alexander Fairweather who appears in the 1880's or so Philadelphia Census. Am curious to know whether he has connections to a Captain Robert Fairweather and wife Jane Fairweather. Jane Fairweather is buried in Baltimore Cemetery in the Gifford family plot. Thanks very much.
- MEADE posted by Judith Chaix on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- George Meade, son of General George Gordon Meade, born November 2, 1843, in Philadelphia. Am looking for date of marriage, name of wife, and names of children and their dates of birth, and date of death of George.
- SAAR posted by Elsie Scharpf Saar on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for information on the family of Daniel SAAR, 38, immigrated June 1884 from Germany with wife, Emma, 27, and son, Riemand (Raymond Daniel), 6 mos. Daniel, cigar maker, appeared in Philly 1893 directory at 252 Daly; in 1895 at 250 Daly; and in 1897 at 366 Jackson. No other family info was available on the microfilm. Son, Raymond, married in Philly on 12/31/1904, had son Raymond Louis in Philly on 11/23/05 and son Herman in NJ on 9/5/07. Raymond Daniel was listed on 1920 Philly census at 13th street with aunt Rosa Saar. Looking to confirm or receive additional birth, death, marriage info on these people. Herman, born 1907, is still alive in NY but did not know his father Raymond Daniel. Thank you.
- CRAPP, MORRISON posted by Floyd Morrison on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I'm looking for Hugh Morrison,according to the 1800 cesus he was in the Southwick ward with his father Neil,Hugh's wife's name was Margret Ann Marshal they were married in Moneymore Ireland,they had three children Deborah born 16 April 1792 married Abraham Shead,Andrew Wilson born 29 Nov 1793-D 6 Dec 1856,Married Eliza Simis.and Ann Leslie Married George K Snyder.
George Louie Crapp last known address was 1924 Fallon or Tallon St. 1st Ward he had married Amanda Bankered in the early 1800's,they had two children Sarah Malinda who married Edward Divis Morrison,and a George Crapp.
- COUGHLAN posted by Joel B. Coughlan on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for information regarding the birth parents of Charles Joseph Coughlan born between 1864 and 1867 in the Philadelphis area. Charles moved to Idaho around the late 1800's to 1900 time frame.
- BOYD, BOYNE posted by Terry Boyne on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I, am trying to gather information about Bernard "Barney" Boyne and Mary Elizabeth Boyd who were married in Philadelphia in 1873. Mary's parent's names were John Alexander Boyd and Mary (McAlisster) Boyd both born in Ireland. I am trying to find siblings and parents of Bernard and birthplace of Bernard. I know he was born in Ireland but don't know where.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- LUDOM, MCCURDY posted by Sue Marcus on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Does anyone have any information on JAMES R. McCURDY who was enumerated with Richard & Hannah LUDOM in the 1850 census, 5th Ward, Spring Garden. Is this the same James R. McCurdy who was in Franklin County in 1860? Any help is appreciated.
- KAYSER, KEYSER, SHELLY posted by Lynne Brumback on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on DOCTOR SHELLY and his daughter. They lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. MISS SHELLY married CHARLES (CARL) KAYSER 1750 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. On September 19, 1749, CARL KAYSER took the oath of allegiance upon disembarking the Ship Patience. He came to America from Germany as a hired soldier of Great Britain to fight against the French and Indians. They moved from Pennsylvania to Page County, Virginia prior to the Revolution.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
- MORRISON, SIMIS posted by Floyd Morrison on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I'm looking for Neil Morrison who was in the 1800 Philadelphia cesus in the Southwick ward he had a son named Hugh,I need more information who his wife was and his other children. I'm also looking for the parents of Eliza Simis who was born about 1792 and married Andrew Wilson Morrison they had 7 children;Sarah b-1845,Andrew b-1820,Edward died at age 2,Joseph married a Rose Ann Hofer,Mary b-1827 and died abt 1850 married a William Love,Ann born 1830 died 25 Sept 1881,Margret married a Yates.I appreciate the information.
- TSCHUDY posted by Doug Cannon on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Need location details of land sold to Winebert TSCHUDY by original proprietors on 19 March, 1762. Land was in Reading in county of York which is now Adams County. In record of deeds at Philadelphia, book AA, volume third, p.122. Later deeds don't show exact location.
- FEVRE, PENNOCK posted by Mary Coughlin on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- PENNOCK, MARY b. abt 1687 married abraham LE FEVRE. seeking her birth and ancestors info.
- GODSHALL posted by Pat Samsel on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for parents of Frederick GODSHALL born in Philadelphia in 1800. His wife was Prudence also born 1800. He and his ancestors remained in the Philly area. I am a decendent of his son Frederick GODSHALL born c1830 who married Margaret Seal born c1840, both in Philly. Thank you for any assistance.
- RYAN posted by Jim Ryan on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am the fourth generation Ryan that lived in west Philadelphia. St. Gregory's was our Parish. The neighborhood extended from 49th Girard to 54th Lancaster. If there are any links to this large Ryan family,please contact me.
- FREELS, LANE posted by Janice Medcalf Butz on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am trying to find the family of Pauline "Polly" LANE and Henry G. FREELS. Polly Lane was the daughter of Zeb Beard Lane and Mary Elizabeth Wilkerson of Wilson County, TN. They had 11 children and Polly was one of the younger ones. She was probably born between 1890 and 1900. She married Henry G. Freels and they lived in Philadelphia PA. They had at least 2 sons, Charles and Hank (Henry). She died after 1967.
- MCGRIPPEN, MELLON, WHYNO posted by Carolyn Carroll on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on Helen Cecelia Mellon who was the daughter of Charles Mellon and Mary McGrippin. She was Baptized Aug 4, 1895 in Philadelphia. She then married John Whyno 11 April 1917 in Philadelphia. They resided in Bristol, PA. She died in Bristol on Aug 9, 1919.
- WILT posted by Pinky Wilson on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Henry WILT born abt 1821 - married Sarah J. born abt 1832. They may have married in TN or in Huntingdon County. Children Annette 1857,(This is our greatgrandmother) James L. 1862, Annie 1864, Ida Mae 1867. Annette married in Philadelphia to a Louis Keefauver. Ida Mae may have married in Philadelphia. Not sure if the remaining members stayed in Huntingdon County or moved to Philadelphia.
- BRADLEY posted by Amy Buchan on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for relatives of Albert S. BRADLEY (1908-1982), who married Grace LOCK (1907-1996). I have much info to share.
- CUMMISKEY, DOUGHERTY posted by Don Schroeder on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Patrick Cummiskey and Elizabeth Dougherty were married in Manayunk on October 31,1839 by Rev,Mulhollen.I am searching for their marriage document. Patrick was born Mar. 1814 in County Cavan,Ire. and Elizabeth was born Aug. 1824 in County Donegal,Ire.
- COCKERILL, CRAWFORD, KANE, YOUNG posted by Elizabeth A. Young on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Looking for relatives of a James Crawford who came from Ireland 1850 or before. He married a Johanna something who was also from Ireland. (She came to the U.S. in 1846 when she was 11 years old.) They had four children and I think, lived in West Philadelphia. Their kids were: Mary Jane (b.1851), Margaret (b.1853), James Marshall (b.1855) and John (b.1858).James died between 1858 -1860. Johanna remarried a Thomas Kane between 1862-1865 and they had a Sallie,William, Thomas L. and adopted a grandaughter named Johanna List.
I'm also searching any connections to a Richard Banks Young. He married an Elizabeth "Lydie" Cockerill in 1868. Thomas Cockerill, Lydie's father, was a very successful businessman who made his money in tobacco. He came from England around 1846 or before. He and his wife had Edward L., Francis, James P., Thomas, Elizabeth, Sarah, and Frank.Richard Banks Young and Lydie had Francis, Albert, Henry, Richard Banks, Jr., Edna, Florence.
Please respond if you're working on any of these lines!
- TIBBEN posted by Thomas P. Tibben on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- TIBBEN Hendrick, Germantown 1709 m. Sibillae Revenstock. This was found in the Pennsylvania German Marriages as well as a listing of membership1711 in the North & Southhampton Reformed Church. Also John Tibben b. 1755 in Roxborough, Pa. m. Catherine Levering 1778. Need some help in locating data linking Hendrick to John born 1704. John Tibben 1755, sometimes spelled Tibbin & Catherine Levering were my 3rd Greats. Need help linking both John's also ship records to find "From Whence We Came"
- BARRETT, MANLEY posted by Marge Gray on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Michael J. BARRETT b/abt 1841 Bala Castle, Co Mayo Ireland m/Philadelphia, PA, St Ann's church on 27 June 1864 to Mary MANLEY b/14 Feb 1846 Ireland. Michael enlisted in the Navy at age of 23 at 8 Oct 1864, Phila. PA and served on the USS Sassacus and also USS Princeton as a coal heaver, he was discharged in 1865. By 1867 they were living outside of Scranton, Luzerne Co, PA and had many children. This is my stonewall, appreciate any assistance on these lines.
- MOLIERE posted by Lorene Berry on Saturday, August 15, 1998
- Names HENRY MOLIERE and ESTHER MOLIERE. Does anyone have any information about this family? Henry was born in France about 1763- came to the U.S. when about 15 years old.He married Esther Lucas.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project