- MELLON posted by John Mellon on Monday, June 15, 1998
- The MELLON FAMILY, Timothy MELLON (abt.1814-1901) and Rose McVEY (abt. 1824-11902) left Ireland between 1851 and 1854 with Ellen 11 and James 9 and settled in Philadelphia, Pa. within St. Patrick's Parish, 20th & Locust Sts. Timothy reportedly was from Tyrone County and Rose from Armagh. My grandfather, Thomas A. MELLON (1854-1926) was born in this area as was Patrick MELLON (1856-1913). Patrick later became the Rev.Patrick MELLON, 1st Pastor of St.GABRIEL'S CHURCH (28th and Dickinson Sts.). The family moved a short time after Patrick MELLON was born to within St. James Parish (38th & Chestnut Sts.) where their son John was born in 1860 followed by son Harry in 1865.
Information on the town or parish in Ireland the early MELLON FAMILY came from, their relatives in Ireland and their current descendants in Philadelphia or elsewhere would be greatly appreciated.
- OWEN posted by John H Ferrell on Monday, June 15, 1998
- MY ANCESTOR - PRIVATE GRIFFITH OWEN SERVED IN CAPTAIN CONRAD RUSTS 3RD BATTALION OF PHIL COUNY MALITIA. I DON'T HAVE A DATE OF SERVICE BUT I FOUND A HAND WRITTEN NOTE IN THE FAMILY BIBLE INDICATING A PAGE THE INFORMATION MIGHT HAVE BEEN EXTRACTED FROM - PAGE 195 VOLUME 1 - PENN ARCHIVES - 6TH SERVICE AND ANNOTATED HARRISBURGH, PA 21 AUG 1921. I AM TRYING TO ESTABLISH RECORDS WHERE THE OWEN FAMILY AND THE FERRELL - CHAPMAN FAMILY LINES CONNECTED. I KNOW ELIZABETH OWEN MARRIED A HENRY HOOKER AND LIVED IN WESTHAUSEN COUNTY OF NETHANDER, PENN AND THAT SHE DIED MAY 15TH 1802. I BELIEVE HER DATE OF BIRTH TO BE JULY 5TH 1750. IT IS UNKNOWN IF ALL OF THESE RELATIVES REMAINED IN PENN OR MIGRATED WEST
- STOUT posted by Josephine Stocker on Monday, June 15, 1998
- STOUT, searching for information on Louis Stout and wife Sarah, born in Philadelphia. There son Frederick A. Stocker was born 1857 in Conn. Any information would be appreciated.
- GRAEBEL posted by Ronald Graebel on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am Ronald Graebel doing research on Graebel, from Wausau, WI. They arrive around 1890.
Recently found a John Graebel age 74, buried Dec 31, 1792 and George Graebel, son of Matthias and Margaret Graebel, born Aug 12, 1793,
Baptist Sep 9, 1793, Sponsors: Andrew Berenstecher and Margaret Esslin
Information supposedly came from Philadelphia Co., First reformed, Vol. 2,
Burials: Rev Herman Winckhaus 1790-1793
Henry Graebel Sep 30,1864 Oath of Allegiance in Philadelphia.
Need any information you can provide me, copies of documents or anything available on John, George, Matthias, Margaret and Henry.
So far anyone that spells their name Graebel is related. Somehow I need to piece individuals together.
Thank you very much
- HOOLAHAN, KASIEWSKI, POCROPSKI posted by AmyJoy Andrews on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I'm helping a friend of mine named Jennifer Marie (Hoolohan) Culler (dob 1/8/73 in Phil.) research her family history because she is not online. Her mother is Barbara Ann Kasiewski dob 4/20/52 in Phil. Her father is Robert John Hoolahan dob 12/7/? On her mother's side, her grandmother is Blanche Hellen ? and grandfather is John Pocropski. She doesn't have any other info & would appreciate and help in locating her father and researching the family history on both sides. Thank you!
- JOHNSTON, RISTINE posted by Rich Johnston on Monday, June 15, 1998
- looking for any info related to Charles RISTINE and family who show up on the 1790-1830 PA census in Co of Philadelphia and city of: Also interested in any JOHNSTONS who are in city of Philadelphia between 1800 and 1820. Treasure would be record of a marriage between Daniel Johnston and Polly Ristine circa 1810-1820.
- MEYERS, MYERS posted by Dorothy Paxson Sargent on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for information on my grandmother MARY DOAN PAXSON MEYERS OR MYERS and her daughter KATHERINE MEYERS OR MYERS.Last known address was 1541 N Graty of Ginty St in Philadelphia.Any information will be appreciated.
- DOUGHERTY, RUFF posted by Mark W. Kelly on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Hi, I'm looking for info on RUFF family and/or DOUGHERTY family members living in Phila. late 19th century. thanks.
- MOLLOY posted by Evelyn Brown on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Any information on Joseph Molloy born around 1837 in Philadelphia or his marriage to Susan Conly about 1856/57. Their first child was Joseph R. Molloy born November 1857 - 724 Morris St. Phila. PA.
- BRADER posted by Judith Brader Sachs on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on George Warren Brader married Dorothy Naomi Laub in Phila in 1920 They lived at 5710 Van Dyke St., Phila. Looking forsiblings and parents. He was born in 1900 and died in 1946.
- SEITZINGER posted by John L. Ross on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for a family member, KATHLEEN SEITZINGER (married name), believed to have lived in Philadelphia County early-mid 1950s, born 1925, two daughters (names unknown) born 06/51 and 11/53.
- BALLINGER posted by Sara Bacon on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for any information on a BALLINGER family of Philadelphia. According to 1850 Philadelphia census, known family is as follows. Thomas and Sarah BALLINGER, both b. England, resided in 6th Ward, Southwark with an Alexander HAND also in the household. Children of Thomas and Sarah: 1. William b. 1819 England and wife Henrietta b. 1827 PA . Resided 1850, 2nd Ward, Southwark,with a David HAND in the household. 2. George b. 1822 England and wife Annabel b. 1825 PA. Resided 1850, 4th Ward, Southwark, with a Frank FORTISCUE (17 yrs) and Mary ELTON (59 yrs) in the household. 3. Louiza b. 1824 England and husband Thomas FORTISCUE b. 1824 PA, resided 1850, 6th Ward, Southwark. Any info greatly appreciated.
- KENNEDY, RICHARDSON posted by Bonnie Bunce on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking other descendants of Jesse Osborn KENNEDY, b.ca. 1821 in Delaware. He was living in East Nottingham Twp., Chester Co., PA at the time of the 1860 census, but apparently moved from Chester Co. prior to 1870, since his name does not appear on the 1870 index to the census for Chester Co., nor is there any record of his death in Chester Co. It's believed that he may have moved to Philadelphia, since a marriage record was published in a West Chester, Chester Co. newspaper in 1869 announcing the marriage of Lena A. KENNEDY to Wellington PRIEST, both of Philadelphia, formerly residents of West Chester. According to stories passed down in my family, my g.grandmother Ida Richardson (KENNEDY) COLE (wife of Charles Leonard COLE of Leominster, MA) had an older sister named Lena, who married a man named PRIEST, so this newspaper account fits into the picture. Also, the death certificate for my g.grandmother Ida R. COLE states that her father was Jesse O. KENNEDY and her mother was Rebecca RICHARDSON, and that Ida was born in Philadelphia in Oct. 1855. The 1860 census showed that Jesse Osborn KENNEDY (KENNADY in the census) was then 39 years of age, born in Delaware, and he was a farmer. His wife Rebecca was age 40 in 1860, birthplace: Penn. These are the names of their children from the census, p. 554: Lydia Kennady, age 16, born in Pa.; Matilda Kennady, age 15, birthplace Pa.; George Kennady, age 13, birthplace: Pa.; Anna R. Kennady, age 11, birthplace: Pa., Ida Kennady, age 9, birthplace: Pa.; and Ella Kennady, age 3, birthplace: Pa. All these names match the names passed down in family stories except for Matilda. Also, Ida's age on this census was wrong, since according to family stories she was born in Oct. 1855, and thus would have been only 5 years old in 1860. The 1880 Belknap Co., NH census where she was then living shows she was then 25 years of age, which agrees with the family stories of her birthdate.
I've also wondered what Rebecca RICHARDSON's ancestry was. I've found a record of a Quaker family of silversmiths (family of Joseph RICHARDSON) who lived in Philadelphia, and the earliest female immigrant ancestor in that family was named Rebecca (HAWARD) RICHARDSON, (mother of Joseph), and the name "Rebecca" was carried down several generations in the family, judging from the descendancy chart in the book, but this book is mostly about their silversmith work, not genealogy, and there's no record of any Rebecca Richardson born as late as 1820 in this book. Has anyone done any more recent work on this Richardson family? Thanks for checking.
- GREEN, LYONS posted by Bob Carney on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking data on the ancestors of Ida Virginia GREEN (b 1850 PA, d 1917 Philadelphia). Ida married Hosea Taylor on 16 May 1867 at the Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church in Chester, PA; Ida and Hosea were my g-grandparents. They are buried in the Chester Rural Cemetery in Chester, PA. Buried in the same lot are two females, possibly sisters of Ida, with the surname GREEN, viz.: Anna L. Green, died 17 Jun 1885 in Chester, and Lizzie (or Lillie) L. Green, died 26 Aug 1877 in Philadelphia (described as "child"). Ida's parents are identified on her death certificate as William GREEN and Ida Louisa LYONS.
- SHEA posted by Kathy Shea on Monday, June 15, 1998
- My aunt, Helen SHEA, was born in Philadelphia in 1920. I have obtained a computer print-out "Certification of Birth", but would like to obtain a copy of her original birth certificate. I've written to the Philadelphia Department of Health twice trying to obtain this, to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a copy of my aunt's original birth certificate? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
- MCLAIN, MCLEAN posted by John Duncan on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Elizabeth McLain
b 14 FEB 1872 - Philadelphia
b 2 Jan 1780 Strabane, Washington, PA
m 6 Jan 1802 Youngstown, Trumbull, OH
d 18 Aug 1863 Otsego, Allegan, MI
I have no other information on Elizabeth
- HINKLE posted by Michele Fontaine on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am researching the family of Abraham HINKLE born October 1850 in PA and died about 1920 in Philadelphia. He and his wife Mary Ann had 11 children: Sarah E., Mary A., Emma, Oscar, Edward J., Harry A., Charles H., Harvey W., Florence I, Abraham/Albert, and child #11 (name, dob and gender unknown). Known descendants of Edward J. Hinkle include children Samuel A. Hinkle (1905-1984), Loretta J. (1916-??); grandchildren Veronica, Samuel J., Phillip A, and Lawrence J. Hinkle(1930-1961). Most all of the descendants of this family either were born and/or lived in Philadelphia. We are descended from a branch of this family and would love to hear from anyone with further information.
- STANTON posted by Michele Fontaine on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am researching John STANTON born 29 Sept 1875 in PA and married Emma HINKLE (born 09 Sept 1877), married in Philadelphia 21 December 1898. I would love to correspond & share information with anyone else interested in this family.
- ADAMS posted by Clarence Lee on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Robert Adams left a will in1724 ,Oxford Township ,naming son Robert and brother Walter and Walter's wife Elizabeth as executors. Other nieces and nephews were named . My line is Richard who married Gertain OpDen Graeff abt 1695. Would liketo exchange info on these and related lines
- CARSON posted by Dale K. Mogk on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Any information pertaining to "Carson, Charles Henry", Cpl/Sgt, E Company, 7th PA Volunteer Regiment, US Civil War. He was 31 or 32 yrs old as of 31 May, 1861
- JOHNSON, TERRES posted by Sally Black on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking parents and/or siblings CHARLES EDWARD TERRES b.12 Mar 1811 Philadelphia,Pa. m. 24 Sep 1833 Phil.Pa. to CHARLOTTE JOHNSON b 17 Apr 1813 Phil. Pa. daug of CHARLES AND ELIZA A JOHNSON. Charles Edward Terres d. 1863 Charlotte, NC.Charlotte Terres d. 1881 White Oak Station SC. He was working for the United States Mint in Philadelphia, Pa. pre-Sep 1839; the date he was promoted and transferred to become head of the Mint in Charlotte NC His parents werre CHARLES TERRES and MARY ROBB of Philadelphia Pa. There were 9 children which I will gladly list if requested. One son JOHN BROWN TERRES b. 1844 was the American Consulate in Port Au Prince, Haiti.
- GODFREY, HULING posted by Harry Chamberlain on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Would like information on the family on Abraham HULING he buired an infant son in the Christ Church of Philadelphis Aug 8, 1711; A son peter in Aug 1734; A daughter Mary April 27, 1736 and his wife Mary Dec 8, 1736 all in same burying ground. My 5th great grandfather was Marcus HULING burn 1687 Phila his wife was Rebecca GODFREY. Would like information on these families also.
- FAVRE posted by Harry Chamberlain on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Would any information on the FAVRE family Mrs Martha FAVRE lived in Phila in the mid 1950. She was the sister inlaw of Harry W. FAVRE of Washington D.C. Retired Army Capt.. Born on Nov 18, 1886 in Phila, died march 28,1945 Washington,D.C.
- CARROLL, HALSTED, LYNN posted by Myra A. Carroll-Pezzella on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for info on MARY CARROLL born 1831 Philadelphia, PA
Parents: Rev. Dr. Daniel Lynn Carroll and Ann Turk Halsted
Brother: Rev. Dr. J. Halsted Carroll (Joseph Halsted Carroll) b. 1833 Brooklyn, NY d. 1887 Stillwater, Mn
- ALBRIGHT posted by Sandy Beahm on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Am searching for information regarding Peter, the youngest son of Jacob Albright, founder of the evangelical religion. According to my records, he married Kate Lausch. I am wondering if there was possibly a second wife. Also, if Peter migrated to VA (now the eastern panhandle of WV). A Peter Albright is listed in the 1860 Census for Berkeley Co., VA. He would have been about 62 in 1860. The census shows his wife as Salome or Selina (this was hard to read). Could this Peter Albright be the son of Jacob Albright?
- BARTLEY, MINTZER posted by Karen L. Mintzer on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for James P. BARTLEY;DOB Sept 1894; listed on 1900 census as stepson of Evan D. MINTZER, mother listed as Anna W. MINTZER. If you can provide any information it would be appreciated.
- PARKER posted by Barb Retcher on Monday, June 15, 1998
- PARKER, Ezekiel C. Born in 1802 in Philadelphia After the Revolutionary War his family moved to Ohio. Would like to know who the parents and Family are for Ezekiel C. Parker
- BONHAM, JONES posted by Sherry Sharp on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am looking for information regarding Susannah JONES, and her father William JONES of Philadelphia. Susannah was married to Ephraim BONHAM, 23 Dec 1742 in Philadelphia. Ephraim was born 14 Feb 1715/16 in Hunterdon, NJ and died 22 May 1785 in Philadelphia. He was first married to Elizabeth Morris. Children of Ephraim & Susannah JONES were: Jane, William, Susannah, Ephraim, Mary, Humphrey, Sarah, Rebecca, Mary, and Blethwaite. It is believed that Jane married Mabra MADDEN of Frederick Co, VA.
- DONNELL, LATHAM posted by Dorothy Donnell Steers on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for any information on Thomas DONNELL, b 1712 in Ireland, immigrated to Philadelphia in 1737 where he married Jane LATHAM in 1743. The first four children, James, Hannah, John & William were born in PA. The next seven children were born in NC: Robert, Thomas, Andrew, George (my ancestor), Jane, Latham, and Alexander. Thomas died in 1795 in Guilford Co NC. Any PA information on this family will be appreciated.
- BOATFIELD posted by Sue Feild on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for any data on L. BOATFIELD, He appears on the 1800 Philadelphia, Pa. census. Data from Pa.1800 census index book;
Boatfield, L. - Philadelphia Co., p.049 = 30001 - 00001
It think that one of his sons is my ggg grandfather - Frederick D. BOATFIELD b. abt. 1797 Pa., m. Hannah (maiden name unknown) abt. 1820, Pa.,Frederick and Hannah had 5 known children; 1. George BOATFIELD b.abt 1821, Pa. 2.John BOATFIELD b. abt.1822, Pa., 3. Susan BOATFIELD b. abt. 1824, Pa., 4. Frederick D. BOATFIELD Jr. b. abt. 1827 Pa.,5. Samuel BOATFIELD b.abt.1828, Pa.
- TOWNSEND posted by Lois Hull on Monday, June 15, 1998
- TOWNSEND, GEORGE & MARION C. Born 23 June 1862 Rochford, Essex, England. Died 3 June 1952.1917 lived at 2609 Silver St, later at 2860 Stillman Street, Philadelphia. Looking for immigration date - cir. 1904-1907; naturalization date; marriage date and place; church that use to be First Primitive Methodist Church at 26th & Lehigh Ave (joined in 1915) to access records. Need for family geneology to leave to my children. Would appreciate any info. Thanks.
- BARNES posted by Sarah K. Miller on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking information on Jacob F. BARNES, b 15 OCT 1803 in Philadelphia. He married Sarah A. OSGOOD in 1840 in Richmond, VA. They had 4 sons and 1 daughter, all born in TN.
Any information on Jacob's parents or siblings would be appreciated!
- COMMISKEY posted by Carol Bayley on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I search for info on my 2nd great grandmother CECEILIA ELEANORE COMMISKEY born allegheny county March 17, 1825. She married and moved to Indiana after living in Ky. I believe her parents were Patrick and Jane Commiskey of Philadelphia. Any info appreciated. She married a Samuel S. Chance.
- RAPPAPORT posted by Carol Bayley on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I search for Information on the family of Abraham Rappaport and wife Rosa. They were immigrants from Russia before 1910. Had own business of Plumbing in the Philadelphia area. Children were: Samuel, William, Jacob, Bessie, and Emanuel. Any info appreciated.
- KESSLER posted by Kathryn E. Stuart on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for any and all clues on Ulrich KESSLER. He arrived at Philadelphia circa 1740-50 as a boy of about 10 or 11. He was bound out to people who taught him the weaving trade and was freed after 11 years. He married and had son Joseph KESSLER by 1767. He was a Dunkard elder. His father may have been Johann Bernahrt or Johann Leonard KESSLER. Have a good bit to share on him later as he migrated to Rockingham Co, VA and Wilkes/Ashe Co, NC. Sons born in Philadlephia area: Joseph, John, Daniel.
Thank you for your help. I am his 5th great grand-daughter.
- STANDBRIDGE posted by Eileen B. Houston on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for info on George T. Standbridge, marr. 1890 to Rae G. Cadwallader. Need relationship to J.C.B. Standbridge, well-known Phila. organ maker (1800-1871).
- BAGNALL posted by N. Bruce Bagnall on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Any information on George BAGNALL who lived in Philadelphia from about 1863 to 1869. One child buried at N, Cedar Hill Cemetery. Wife was Sarah RUE.
- WALLACE posted by Scott Riebel on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am looking for the names of the father and mother of WILLIAM WESLY WALLACE born in 1870 or 71. His children state that he was dropped off in an orphanage in New Jersey. However, in the 1880 census, William Wallace (then 9 years old) was living in a boarding house owned by Susan Wheeler, a friend of the Wallace family, at 1847 Second Street in Philadelphia. Named his son James Wheeler Wallace after the son of Susan Wheeler, and his best friend, James Wheeler.
- KEYSER posted by Thomas Keyser on Monday, June 15, 1998
- KEYSER, JACOB : Jacob is my great-great grandfather. He died sometime around 1930-1932 in Philadelphia. He worked for the railroad in the Philadelphia area. He may have been from Wilkes-Barre and/or Milton, PA in the 1870's and 1880's. Jacob had two son's that I know of, William (who may have been born in Wilkes-Barre), my grandfather who died in San Antonio, Texas in 1958 and Calvin born in Milton, PA who died in Feb 1968 in West Chester, PA. Jacob's wife's name was Lisa WISSE KEYSER. I know nothing else of Jacob and Lisa. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- CALLELY posted by Chris Smith on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Am researching my Irish ancestors. The surname is Callely. From "oral" records they came over from Ireland in July 1850. I always thought that they landed in Boston, MA. Cause they lived in Beverly, MA. However I just found on an 1850 census index the following:
If this is correct then that would be the father of my William Callely spouse Nancy Doyle. Is there anyway you could check??? Please...
- MCCAUSLAND, MCCAUSTLAND posted by Armin Gumerman on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Birth record of James West McCaustland, Aug 3, 1859
Marriage record Samuel McCaustland and Isabella Laughlin, Oct 10, 1855
These are grandparents great grandparents
- COFFMAN posted by Ginny Bias on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on Charles Franklin Coffman or his descendants. He was born 25 Aug. 1878 in Harrisonburg, Rockingham County,VA, son of William McKinley Coffman and Polina Virginia Stinespring. He was married twice, Dora Turner 1899 and Alice Smith. I know of two children, Elsie and Charles Franklin,Jr. In the 1910 Philadelphia City Directory, he was listed as a cigarmaker living at 2313 Gerritt Street. In 1935-36 directory, he was listed along with his wife Alice as living at 6820 Edmund Taconey.
I would appreciate any info.
- BABB posted by William Luke on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for info on Thomas, b. 1816 Pa; David b. 1848 Phila, Pa; William b. 1880's Phila, Pa; William Jr b. 1916 Phila, Pa.
- STRONG posted by D.L. Rice on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Have been researching gr.grandfather Edward Strong. He was born in WV in 1864. When he was 17 he started traveling and never stopped until 1916 where he was easy to keep track of until his death in 1936. I know he married Clara Birkenhaur in 1904 in Philly. They had a child in 1908, son, John E. (Exactly where son John was born is unknown, need to find birth certif. - having trouble doing that)
I have found wife Clara on 1900 census Philly before marriage to Edward. Cannot locate Edward on any 1900 or 1910 census. He moved to NM in 1916 with his family and they do appear in the 1920 census there.
Would be greatful if anyone can help me with a census look-up of 1900 and 1910 for Edward Strong. Also Is there an index of births and marriages for Philadelphia?
I need to know what church Edward and Clara may have been married in in the year 1904. Also is there an index of births--looking for birth certif. on John E. Strong, their son. Because Edward moved so much, I can't find a birth certif. on his son . I suspect Philly, 1908.
Thank-you for taking time to read this and reply!
- MCELHONE posted by Kathleen McGarvey on Monday, June 15, 1998
- MCELHONE, Hugh, born approx. 1840 in County Derry, Northern Ireland. Possibly emigrated to US with brother Dennis McElhone. Enlisted in Marine Corps in Philadelphia on April 30, 1861. Died and buried at St Michael's Cemetary, 2nd and Jefferson Streets, Philadelphia. Died 6/26/1872. Any infor would be greatly appreciated!
- WATKINS posted by Ray Jenkins on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for any available on Sarah Ann WATKINS, born November 1843 and married in 1861 to a Richard Jenkins. Info on parents and siblings welcome.
- BARCLAY, HUFTY posted by Catherine Cornie on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on Joseph HUFTY d1843.09.10 in Philadelphia (engraver/stationer) and Jacob HUFTY b 1763(parents unknown) m Sarah Barclay f James m Margaret Craig. Children of Sarah and Jacob were James Barclay, Hettie, Margaret, Isabel, John, Sarah, Mary (m Samuel DYE) and Jane(m Abraham MILLIKEN). Specifically interested in knowing Jacob's parents. Family moved to Greene Co.
- HAUSER posted by Gregory F. Hauser on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking information on descendants of James Hauser, who moved to Philadelphia from Rochester, NY, about 1904-05. He married Josephine "Daisy" Stark on 19 January 1910, and died in November 1964. Their children were: James, who died in World War II; Charles, born 13 November 1910 and married Mary O'Neill; and Walter, born 25 October 1920 and married Kathryn Venthiglin (?). Charles died in January 1983 in Bucks County and Charles died on 4 May 1990 in Arizona. James the elder was my great-great uncle.
- HALL posted by Anne Mejan on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for the THOMAS HALL family of Philadelphia, Pa. Date of birth c1850. THOMAS HALL moved to Florence, Mass. where his son FRANKLIN GRISWOLD HALL was born in 1871. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.
- DEROSS posted by Sandra Schroeder on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking information on Albert DeROSS b. June 13, 1824 location unknown d. March 1981. Would like any info on him, parents, siblings, spouse, children. Thanks for any help
- MCLEISTER posted by Pat Johnson on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for Surname of MCLEISTER. First names of Archibald or Arch, Richard, Randle. Arrived in Philadelphia in Nov of 1841 aboard the Shenandoah, from Ireland. Also appeared in Philadelphia County in Census of 1860 and 1870. Surname is often misspelled, appearing in various forms such as McLeester, MCleester, McLester etc.
- BINGAMAN, BINGEMAN posted by Ann Bingaman Jacobs on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Peter Bingeman was paying quit rents prior to 1733. Dies 1757 in Berks Co. When did he come to America? Can not find two of his sons Johanes D. and Leonard Bingeman after 1765 when they appear to leave Berks Co. for unknown parts. Willing to exchange info on this family.
- BARTLETT, CHAMBERS posted by Harry Chambers on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Seeking information on GEORGE K. CHAMBERS b:12-27-1808.Married ELIZA BARTLETT, b: abt 1812.Had sons JOHN S.CHAMBERS b;1830 and JAMES b:1832. ELIZA BARTLETT'S MOTHER was MARGARET.
- FRANCKEBERGER, FRANCKENBERGER posted by R.G. Frankenburger on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Conrad Franckenberger, age 20, and Johannes Franckeberger, age 18, landed at Philadelphia 1 September 1736, having arrived on the ship Harle. Iam descended from Conrad, and am interested in sharing information with other researchers. Were these immigrants related? Probably, but have found no proof.
- AIKENS, IRWIN posted by Barbara Price on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for info on George IRWIN married to Jane AIKENS, both were born in Ireland. I have found them in the 1880 census for Philadelphia living on Nectarine Street with three sons William, George and John. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
- MCCAUSTLAND posted by Arlynda Barnes on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am trying to locate any information on the MC CAUSTLAND family that lived in Germantown in about 1854-55. There were several brothers that lived there with their families.
- KIRKWOOD, WILLIAMS posted by Mildred Prather on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for the John WILLIAMS who was the father of Samuel Kirkwood WILLIAMS, b. 1818 Philadelphia, PA. John was married to Mary KIRKWOOD from Lancaster, Co. who was born in Ireland. They also had daughter Isabella and possibly other children. The family moved to Lancaster Co., OH about 1820.
- DOUGHERTY posted by Susanne Taber on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for relatives of James and Margaret Dougherty who lived in Phila. from approx. 1860 on. They had several children: Abigail (1862), Alex(1864), William(1866), Joseph(1867), Nellie(1872), and possibly James.
- GASSNER posted by Susanne Taber on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for relatives of Thomas Gassner born 1828 and Charles F. Gassner born 1834. They arrived in Phila in the 1850's or so. Thomas married Theckla BUSCH children are Bertha, Charles, Thomas, Henry and Catherine all born in Phila.; Charles married Katherine (maiden name unknown) also lived in Phila.
- BINDER, GARRY posted by Curt W. Quap on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for Dorothy and Edna Binder (born in 1920's in Philadelphia), daughters of George Binder and first wife (unknown). Lived on Cumberland Street in the 1930's. Dorothy and Edna lived with Mary Garry and family prior to George and Mary's marriage (about 1950?). Mary Garry's sisters were Virginia, Helen and Catherine, brothers were Stephan, Francis and John.
- MCCAULEY posted by Ed McCauley on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for the parents and grave of William C. McCauley Born: 21 May 1823 Died: 4 June 1864 (killed in the Civil War at Coal Harbor Va.) Military Records give his place of birth as in Philadelphia, PA. Civil War Enlistment:
1st Enlistment: Co. H 2nd Regt. P.V. 26 July 1861 Harrisburg, Pa. Wounded received a Medical Discharge. Occupation: Farmer
2nd Enlistment: Sergt, Co. D, 45th Regt P.V. 15 Sept 1861 Under Capt James P Gregg (or Cregg) for 3 years Occupation: Boatman
3rd Enlistment: Sergt, Co. D, 45th Regt, P.V 25 March 1863 Killed 4 June 1864 at Coal Harbor Va. May have also been in Co E 184 Regt. P.V (Military information per Office of recording deeds State of Pennsylvania Hunting Co. Pa. Solders and Sailors Register #14 Dec. 1828)
- DEVER posted by Kristen M. Howell on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for the family of Gerald Vincent DEVER Sr, born 18 Mar 1905 in Philadelphia, PA and died 8 Dec 1952 in Camden, NJ. He married Marie WALKER, also of Philadelphia. They had three children, Gerald Vincent DEVER Jr, Barbara Anne DEVER NOLL VANDENAIS, and John "Jack" Charles DEVER.
Gerald Sr's father was James DEVER was also born in Philadelphia.
Gerald Sr had three siblings: James DEVER Jr., Cornelius "Neil" DEVER, and Ruth DEVER (spinster). James Jr. married Mary GALLAGHER and had seven children. He died on the Walnut Lane Bridge in Philadelphia.
- WALKER posted by Kristen M. Howell on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am searching for information on the WALKER family.
Joseph WALKER, born abt 1881 in Philadelphia, married Anna CONWAY. They had three children, all born in Philadelphia:
* Marie WALKER, born 28 Oct 1906 died 15 Mar 1994. Married Gerald Vincent DEVER Sr of Philadelphia. They had three children: Gerald Vincent DEVER Jr; Barbara Ann DEVER NOLL VANDENAIS; and John "Jack" Charles DEVER.
* Helen WALKER, born abt 1910. Married Eugene DESMOND of Philadelphia. They had one child, Carol Jean.
* Howard WALKER, born abt 1913. Married Veronica ? Had five children: Howard, Anne, and 3 unknowns.
- GROSS, KIRBY, PLUNKETT posted by Terri Defibaugh on Monday, June 15, 1998
- CHARLES C. KIRBY, IDA M. GROSS, ANNA PLUNKETT
I am trying to trace my parents & grandparents. I know they were in Philadelphia. My father was born in 1904 in Philadelphia, PA, so it will be before then for my grand parents. My father & grandfather had the same name. I believe Anna Plunkett to be from County Cork, Ireland. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
- MCCOY, WALKER posted by Kristen M. Howell on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Searching for family of Veronica McCOY, born 21 Aug 1914, died 21 Aug 1983. Longtime resident of Phildelphia. According to her obituary on the Philadelphia Inquirer, she and her late husband (Howard E. WALKER) had 4 children: Howard E. WALKER Jr.; Mrs Mary DONNELLY; John T. WALKER; and Mrs Anne M. Guano.
Veronica had two siblings, Michael McCOY and Leonard McCOY.
Veronica's Mass was said at St Bridget's Church, and she was interred at Calvary Cemetery.
Please forward any information. Thank you.
- LIND posted by Rainer Koch on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I'm a descendant of Johannes Philipp Lind, born 5th of March 1850 in Kilianstaedten, Germany. He emigrated to the Philadelphia-Area. Nobody heard of him afterwards.
I'm wondering if there is any descendant in the U.S.
Any information is welcome, also information where to look.
- BOYD, FORESTER, FORSTER, REED posted by Carolyn Wheeler on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am looking for information regarding James BOYD b.1771/1775 and his wife Bridget REED FORSTER b.1781/1782 , m.abt 1795, who immigrated to the US abt 1802/1803 from Ireland. I want to know what ship they came on, where in Ireland they left port and when they docked in Philidelphia. They may have had 3 small children when they came and they may not have come together.
- MILLIGAN, ROBERDEAU posted by Rita Palm on Monday, June 15, 1998
- KNOW JANE MILLIGAN MARRIED WIDOWER DANIEL ROBERDEAU IN December 1778. Would like to know where the marriage took place and something about her background.
- PATCHELL posted by Stephen M Patchel on Monday, June 15, 1998
- researching greatgrandfather,THOMAS PATCHEL, born philadelphia circa 1865 married mary mccabe in phila circa 1885 . two sons george w and francis(frank) only info i have. would appreciate help. thank you
- LORCH posted by Dan Lorch on Monday, June 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on the father and mother of Jacob Lorch ?1865-1939 who lived at 1327 Roosevelt Blvd. in Phila. most of his life. He married Sadie Haas. Thanks
- ETTENGER, ETTINGER, SHINNICK posted by Robin Kaspar on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Looking for anyone researching William and Elizabeth SHINNICK ETTENGER. They were married in Philadelphia in 1816. William b. 1792, Elizabeth b. 1798 Pennsylvania (Philadelphia?). They had at least 13 children, only 5 living to adulthood: William R. (went to Richmond VA and married), Adeline (probably never married), George Watson, Julia M. (married and went to Chicago), and Benjamin Franklin "Frank." The 1870 census says that William's parents were both "foreign born." Information passed down through the family says that his parents were John and Theodosia.
- LOUDEN posted by Edward Lohr on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Robert and Mary Louden(both born about 1842) lived in the 11th ward, 34th district section of the city. They had a daughter named Elizabeth, born about 1869. Anyone connected to them please get in touch.
- HOY, KRUG posted by Cheryl Jones on Monday, June 15, 1998
- Robert Edward KRUG, Edward Spare KRUG, Dorothea Helen HOY (all born in Philadelphia, PA) Robert Edward Krug (born 3/5/27) is the son of Edward Spare Krug (born 1896?) and Dorothea Helen Hoy (born 1906?). I am looking for any information on these people. Thanks.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project