- CROSLEY posted by Kathie Marynik on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- James Crosley was in Philadelphia Co. on 1800 census, married with 4 children, one of whom was Abraham, born 1780. James was said to be owner of a nail factory & originally from a Quaker family. Is anyone else searching this line?
- JACKSON, PATTERSON posted by Lois E. Jackson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Am trying to find parents names of Lewis West JACKSON b. 1848 Steubenville, Ohio. M. Sarah (Sallie) PATTERSON , June 5,1878 and lived on Latona street in Phila. Lewis W. JACKSON served in the last months of the Civil War in a Penna. regiment. There children were:
John W. b. 1879 M. Florence M. served Spanish-American War
Laura b. 1881 M. Boener
Edna b. 1883 M. Ronald Jobes
Mary b. 1886 M. Richard Stewart
Anne b. 1888
Sarah b. 1891
Lewis W. b. 1893 m.Ethel Hume
Joseph b. 1895 m. Veronica served World War 1
Will share information. Thank you
- MORGAN posted by Beth Smith on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on the family of William Henry MORGAN, born June 22, 1801, (possibly in Jamestown, Chautauqua, NY, although he lived the rest of his life and died in PA), died Mar. 17, 1844.
William Henry was married first to Sarah Lafferty, born in Phila. on Dec. 15, 1802 and died on Mar. 19, 1834. They had two sons, Edman Lafferty Morgan, born Sept. 22, 1828 and I. Dailez Morgan, born Aug. 17, 1831.
After Sarah's death, William Henry married Mary Ann Snyder, born Dec. 2, 1804 in Phila. They had four children: Charles Snyder Morgan, born Feb. 13, 1838, Infant Son born in 1939 who died at 12 wks., George Peter Morgan, born Oct. 12, 1842, and Unknown Child, born Aug. 10, 1844.
Charles Snyder Morgan married Maria Hoover, born Oct. 26, 1842 in Phila. She died, along with an infant son, approx. Jan. 1, 1861. Charles married Jennie J. Johnson of Liverpool, England in 1864. They had five children: Jane (1841) Annie (died in 1877), William (1882), George (1879), and Charles(1875).
Does anyone have any information on this family? Please contact me. Thanks.
- REED posted by Bob Reed on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information on the family and ancestors of ANDREW REED. He was apparently born near Philadelphia, PA on April 20, 1750, lived in Bedford Co., VA circa 1776 and died in Floyd Co., VA circa 1840. He "may" have been of German descent and/or had ancestors from the Hunterdon Co., NJ area. Any information provided would be appreciated.
- SINER posted by Robert Gilliam on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for information on SINER surname in Philadelphia from before 1830 to after 1920. David Somerset SINER, Sr. lived in Philly from at least 1830 (he was born around 1810) until his death on 4/15/1880. His wife Sarah and he had 4 children, David Jr. (Civil War Vet), Jackson, William H., and Margaret H.. David Sr and Jr were both brassfounders as per the City Directory. This is my wife's family and we are very interested in knowing where David Sr. came from. Any help would be appreciated and we are CERTAINLY glad to exchange whatever info. we have.
- BRITTAIN, BRITTON posted by Donna Evans on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for information about the William Britton who married Elizabeth Northrup at Christ Church, Philadelphia, 1720.
- WHARTNABEY, WHARTNABY posted by Sandy Levins on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seek information on the WHARTNABY family of Philadelphia, 1830s on. Benjaman Whartnab(e)y born ca. 1833. Married Mary (maiden name ?). Children included Margaret, Mary, Ella and George. George Whartnaby, a machinist, went on to become president of Philadelphia Gear when it was in Center City in about 1925. Margaret Whartnaby married Daniel G. Thomas, who was a structural iron worker.The name is spelled variously throughout city records, including Wartenobie, Wartenby and Whartnabey. Any information appreciated. Thank you.
- COPE posted by Sandy Levins on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seek information on the COPE family of Philadelphia, 1860s on. William and Eliza Cope emigrated from the UK to settle in Kensington, where William worked as a weaver. Children included Alfred, Clara Eliza and Edgar. Alfred (spouse: Margaret Morrison McLees) is identified in city directories as being with the police. Edgar (spouse: Emma) went on to become Rector of St. Simeon's Episcopal Church from 1887-1910 when it was located at 9th and Lehigh. Any information on this family would be appreciated. Thank you.
- EVANS posted by Donald Matson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Need parents, siblings of Phebe EVANS B. 1/24/1756 possibly in Tredyffrin Twp. Chester Co.,Pa. She marr. 1/31/1776 at 1st Presby. Ch. in Phila. to George PRIEST. She d. 11/2/1806. Where are they buried? Could she have been a dau. or sister of Joel, Jonathan, Josiah, or Joshua EVANS who were all on the Chester Co.,Pa. Tredyffrin Twp. tax list in 1779-85 era along with George Priest??
Does anyone have abstracts of the following Chester Co. will & intestate records of..William EVANS will 1760, Richard EVANS 1762, Jonathan EVANS 1783, Josiah EVANS 1802, Jonathan EVANS 1803, Joel EVANS 1811, Joshua EVANS 1817, Jonathan EVANS 1826, Joshua EVANS 1827 Joshua EVANS 1841, Joshua EVANS 1846.
Does anyone know the heirs of any of the above men? I've exhausted everything I could find on the Chester Co.,Pa. EVANS families that was available at the Indiana State Library in Indpls. which is my closest research center. Thank you for any help which anyone might be able to provide.
- GALLANT posted by Barbara Butler on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on the GALLANT surname..... I show a Mary GALLANT listed in the 1820 census and have a James GALLANT who died Sept. 1793 he served in the Revoluntary War. I know it's not much to go on but it is all I have. Thank you for any information you can give me or any where else I should look.
- BOZARTH posted by Sandra Thompson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- BOZARTH, Elizabeth and George. They had a least two children: Anna Elizabeth or Elizabeth Anna and Washington. I located Washington on the 1919 city directories living on Susquehanna Avenue. Two years later a Joseph is shown living at that address but Washington had dropped off the directories. I have a copy of Washington's death certificate. At the time of his death he was living in the 18th Ward. I have since learned that this was the Richmond or Fishtown section. I have been unsuccessful in locating any information on Elizabeth, George or their daughter. I also have not been able to determine Joseph's connection to the family.
- MARKLAND posted by Joanne Tyler-Tucker on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching MARKLAND family of Philadelphia. G-G-Grandfather Henry Markland born ca. 1820. Married Isabella (Unknown) who was born in Ireland in 1823. Isabella Markland died 1871 and is buried in Allegheny County, Allegheny Cemetery. I am searching for Henry, maybe he was buried in Philadelphia? Would appreciate any information relative to the MARKLAND family of Philadelphia.
- VANFOSSEN, ZIMMERMAN posted by Nel Hatcher on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for Zimmerman cousins in PhilaCo,PA, and neighboring counties. Johann Jacob and Maria Margaretha Schaal Zimmerman arrived 1694 with 4 children. Only one son, Jacob Christopher, married. He and Sibella VanFossen had a multitude of children. Although many remained in PA, others went to TN, then to IN and OH.
- FOSTER posted by Paul Foster on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Richard Foster, wife Isabella Baxter, mother perhaps "Smith"..Haberdashery store 2nd & Market approx pre civil war. Shown Phila registers same period then disappears. One son known "William". Anything helpful & thank you
- HIGGINS posted by Amy Higgins Tull on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- HIGGINS, Daniel, J. born 11/3/1874 in Waltham MA. Living in Philadelphia in 1929. I am looking for ANY information on this person. I do not know if he married although I believe he did. Any help is appreciated. Daniel was the son of John and Elizabeth Connaughton Higgins of Waltham, MA.
- SENNEFF posted by Charlotte Senneff Terhune on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- PHILADELPHIA COUNTY, PA. Percy SENNEFF B. 04 June 1872 , D 28 October 1938 M on 17 July 1900 BERTHA STEWART CLAIBORNE B. 12 May 1877 D. 04 MARCH 1965. Any information on Percy SENNEF and his family would be greatly apreciated. I do not who his parents were, Did he have any brothers or sisters?? Any ideas would be helpful. No birth or death certificates that I have list any parents. I know they had at least 5 children. Some only lived a few days. Percy had a Daughter Ethel SENNEFF. Any infor on her would be appreciated also.
- COOK, KOCH posted by Bruce Nichols on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I need info. about Henry COOK born Philadelphia County about 1775 and George A. COOK (or Koch) born there about 1741 who both lived in Northern Liberties Township until about the 1820's when they moved to east Tennessee. Who were there parents, wives, and children?
- RUTHERFORD posted by Diane Adams on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I've hit a dead end on my RUTHERFORD line . My gg grandmother was Hannah Rutherford b. 1832 in Bucks Co, PA. One source shows her father as Jacob and her mother as Elizabeth SHELMIRE and their marriage in 1799. The marriage is well documented but other records show him born in 1805 and Elizabeth b. 1808. I have Elizabeth Rutherford's will but I can't get Jacob's. He is listed in the will index but there are pages missing in the wills. I am thinking there were two Jacobs, possibly even two Elizabeths. They lived in Warwick, Bucks Co, and at one time in Phila. Can anyone help?
- ANDREW, ANDREWS, CAMERON, CAMMERON, SCHOLL posted by Casie (Scholl) Anderson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on any of the following people. This family is listed on the 1880, 1900, 1910 & 1920 PA Census in Philadelphia Co. Thomas J. ANDREWS b. 1855 m. Margaret J. CAMMERON (CAMERON) b. 1861 dau of Sarah and sister to Helen. Thomas and Margaret's children were: Sarah C. b. 1879 d. abt 1836; William C. b. 1881 m. Ernestine Unknown; Loubelle Robert b. 1884 m. Frederic August SCHOLL a.k.a. August Ernest SCHOLL; and Thomas J. Jr. b. 1887 m. Elizabeth Unknown. The family changed their last name to ANDREW somewhere along the way. I would be greatful for any help. Thanks!
- CAMERON, CAMMERON posted by Casie (Scholl) Anderson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for a needle in a haystack. Sarah CAMERON (CAMMERON) b. abt 1825 in PA is on the 1880 PA Philadelphia Co. Census. Sarah listed Margaret J. and Helen b. abt 1866 in PA as her children. The husband/father is missing, but listed as having been born in Scotland. I would appreciate any help in finding more on this CAMERON family.
- SAXTON, SEXTON posted by Casie (Scholl) Anderson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on the following family that is listed on the 1880 PA Philadelphia Co. Census. Abe. SEXTON b. abt 1839 in England, his wife Sarah b. abt 1844 in England. Their children: Anna b. abt 1864 b. in England m. John STREET; Emma b. abt 1867 in PA; Maud b. abt 1874 in PA; Chas. H. (Charles Henry?) b. abt 1877 in PA and Joseph b. Jan. 1882 in Philadelphia. Joseph changed the spelling to SAXTON and married Helena SCHOLL. Joseph & Helena's children were: Edna Bardy b. 1907 and Charles Henry b. 1909 m. Carmen Mabel URQUIDEZ. Thank you for any help.
- GILL posted by Charles E. Boetsch on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking info on Isaac GILL, thought to have been of English immigrant parentage and to have been born in Philadelphia County circa 1765. He was in the Bucks County Militia in the Revolutionary War prior to settling in Northumberland County by 1790.
- SPANGLER posted by Charles E. Boetsch on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am researching Georg Christian SPANGLER, born in Germany about 1728, arrived in Philadelphia 2 October 1749 on the Jacob. Later settled in Northampton and Centre Counties.
- SCHEUFFELIN, SCHIEFFELIN posted by Charles E. Boetsch on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking others researching Jacob SCHIEFFELIN, born 1734 in Weilheim an der Teck, Wuerttemberg, arrived in Philadelphia 29 September 1750 on the Osgood with brother Georg. Married Regina RITSCHAUER of Muehlhausen an der Enz in Philadelphia in 1756. Surname also spelled SCHEUFFELIN.
- COGGINS, MEYERS, MYERS, SUPPLEE posted by Sue Streett on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am seeking information on the Supplee family of Philadelphia; 1700s. Also seek names of wives for the following COGGINS brothers: Stephen H. (b. 1837), Isaac E. (b. 1840), Howard (b. 1842); all were living in Philda in 1850 Census. Also seek parents of Eliza Will MYERS, wife of Samuel Suplee COGGINS, living in Philda. in 1850s.
- STREETT posted by Sue Streett on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information on any member of the STREETT family (2 t's on the end only). They started in Baltimore, MD and Harford Co., MD and spread to Philadelphia in the 1800s.
- RITSCHAUER posted by Charles E. Boetsch on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Johann Martin RITSCHAUER came to Philadelphia from Wuerttemberg circa 1749, accompanied by daughters Christiana (m. Mr. NELER), Regina (m. Jacob SCHEUFFELIN) and Anna Maria (m. Leonard KESSLER). Would like to exchange info.
- MORGAN posted by Beth Smith on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- While researching one of my ancestors in the Phila. Free Library, I came across a book called Index to Reg. of Deaths in the City of Phila. 1803-1860. I found that my ggrandfather who died in 1844 was buried in "5th Street M.E. Cemetery". I can't find any information about that cemetery, however. Would you happen to know where that cemetery is? I was also wondering what M.E. means. The man's name was William Henry Morgan, and I believe he was Episcopal, so I thought maybe that had something to do with the name. Please contact me with any info. Thanks.
- CARTER posted by Barbara Blossom on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I'd like to receive info on the William Carter who received a grant of land from William Penn.
- HOOPENGARNER, HOOPINGARNER, HOPENGARTNER posted by Carolyn Johnson-Burns on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for any information about Georg Hopengartner who is listed on the 1752 census of Philadelphia Co. Is anyone researching this name? It may also be spelled Hoopingarner or Hoopengarner.
- GEIGER posted by Shirley Geiger on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for information about a ROSA or ROSE Geiger. Her dob :Nov. 25, 1910 in Baden Germany. She came to USA Feb 6, 1929. She lived in Philadelphia, and may still be alive. Any info appreciated.
Looking for information about an old Phialdelphia Hospital called ST.Mary's. A Regina Geiger died there in 1889. Does anyone know where that hospital was?? -thanks
- SHAW posted by Constance G. Latta on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am trying to find information on Lewis SHAW that is listed on the 1920 census as living in 'OLD MAN'S HOME' in Philadelphia. He is 72 years old which is the age of Lewis SHAW that is listed on the 1900 census as living in Fayette County, PA. I would like information on Lewis SHAW and also on the "OLD MAN'S HOME", so that I might be able to find out when he died and I can get a copy of his death certificate. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
- BLACK posted by Lisa Aschenbrenner on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on the Gerard school for fatherless boys. My grandmothers brother Harry Black was said to have lived there after their parents died around 1910. The school would of been operating until at least 1925 because Harry died of TB at 16 years old while at the school. Any help would be appreciated.
- DUNAHEE posted by Brian Dunahee on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I would like to find out about Mathew Dunahee, he is listed on the 1830 census, State PA.,County Philadelphia., location Philadelphia L. Delawa., page#141., Could anyone give me what is on this census? Any other Dunahee names in the area and time period would be appreciated.
- SPERRY posted by Julie Bright on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for information on John SPERRY d between 1828-1838 in Philly. May be the John SPERRY who died 1830 ae 59. His wife was Ann Augusta FOX, whom he married 1818 in Baltimore Co.,MD. Children were: Emily Elizabeth b 1819 m Theodore KANE; John Johnson b 1821 and Jacob Frederick b 1828, both killed in CW.
- EICHHORN, MARKS, MARX, PHILLIPS, POMROY posted by Walter Pomroy on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am researching the family of my great-grandparents, JOHN HENRY POMROY (b;1850 - d;1907) and EMMA EICHHORN (b; 1852 - d;1922). They were married in Phila. about 1876and had 3 known children. LAURA (1878), JOHN ALBERT (b;1882 - d; 1936) and EDWARD J. (b;1889 - 1964). Emma was the daughter of AMOS and WILMINA EICHHORN of Germany. John Henry was the son of JOHN (b;1828-d;1901) and ELIZA (PHILLIPS) POMROY (b;1836 - d; 1909). JOHN and ELIZA had 5 sons; JOHN H., SAMUEL F., GEORGE W., HARRY F. and EDWARD J. L., also 3 daughters CLARA, SALLIE and Ella. JOHN H. worked at Hollingshead Co., in Camden, NJ at the time of his death.His son JOHN ALBERT married ELIZABETH MARX (b; 1887 - d; 1922) on Jan.10,1907 in Camden. John Albert was struck and killed by a trolley Dec.,23,1936. Any information on the above or their descendants would be greatly appreciated.
- MCENTEE, MORSE posted by William McEntee on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- MORSE, Clinton B. and wife Mae MCENTEE born 1880. Children William and Katherine. 1920 U.S. census shows them living in Philadelphia. Son William may have become an officer in the U.S Army.
- BENNER, FINK, SPEECE posted by Anthony Martini on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Adam BENNER, born 1779/80 PA, lived Philadelphia Co. with wife Mary until she died in 1850's and he died in 1860's. Son Thomas BENNER, born 1803 PA, married Hannah FINK, born 1812 PA, about 1837....family on Philadelphia Co. Census from 1840 through 1870. Their son Benjamin BENNER, born 1842/3 PA married Susan Hannah SPEECE, born 1844 Phila. Co., in about 1865. Any information on any of these lines is appreciated. Thank you.
- KIMM, THOMPSON posted by Franklin E. Tucker on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for information on ancestors of Susan KIMM who was born in Philadelphia in March of 1842. I am also looking for ancestors & information on Samuel Thompson, who was married to her.
- DEHNHARDT posted by Lois R. Hess on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- My grandfather Heinrich Jacob Peter Dehnhardt came to America with this parents in the 1850's. His mother had a store on Germantown Ave.,but either closed it or sold it when she thought that Gimbels would spoil her business. my grandfather changed his name to Harry, married Laura Neuhardt from Allentown, and moved away from Philadelphia. I do not know his parents names, but I believe his mother's maiden name was Roebuck. I would be interested in any information I could find on the Dehnhardt family.
- KENDALL posted by Anne Stone on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- JOHN KENDALL and wife MARY lived in Limerick, Phila county. He was born ca 1685 in Yorkshire England and d Feb 1744 in Limerick. He was married to Mary? b ca 1695 d Apr 1767 Phila co. They were married ca 1710. They had a daughter named Catherine who married Francis Jordan. Does anyone have any idea who their parents were? I'd love any info on the families. Thank you in advance.
- RUBICAM, RUBINCAM posted by Doug Whisenant on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am searching for the family of my wife's gg grandmother, Annie B. Rubicam. She was born in PA, I believe in Philadelphia Co. (but not sure) in Jan. 1859. She married John Franklin Smith, born in MO in Jun 1852. The lived in AL in the 1880's, and she died in Harvest, Madison Co. AL in 1935. Her mother's name was Mary L. ?, born in May 1836.
- SNYDER posted by Herman Stephan on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- SNYDER, GEORGE, Father unknown, Born Germantown Oct 24, 1750. Has brothers John and Jacob. Others not known. Was a revolutionary soldier in the New York Malitia. Went from Germantown to Schorharie County, Date not known , then to Cayuga County New York where he died.. John and Jacob also went to Cayuga.. Looking for any Snyders, Sniders , from Germantown from this period (1750=+). Looking for their Mother and father....
- DEHAVEN posted by Ron DeHaven on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- DeHaven Family lived in Philadelphia and the area from 1698 until now.
- STARANOWICZ posted by Stephen Shields on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking any information on my uncle Frank Staranowicz who was born in Poland on Oct 10 1888 moved to U.S. in early 1900s. His wife's name was Mary they were married in Phila. 1969. He died Feb. 1976. Thank you.
- DUFFY, KOENIG posted by Albert W. Duffy on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I'm looking for information on WILLIAM C. DUFFY and his wife SA RAH MAYLOR. I'm also looking for information on my mothers father and mother, JOHN AND CHRISTINA KOENIG. The Duffy family would be from around the Kensington area and I believe the Koenig family was from the Frankfurt area. Any information would be a great help.
- STOUT posted by David Wright Baldwin on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Daniel STOUT arrived in Philadelphia on Sept.9,1738 at the age of 45. He came from the Palatinate region of Germany, probably Zweibruecken. I have found no other mention of Daniel, but my great great great grandfather was Daniel Stout who was born in Camden, NJ on Nov.25,1788. He married Rebecca Stiles (Jan.1,1791 - May 25,1875) on Feb.4,1809 in Camden. He died in Camden in 1818. Rebecca's parents were James and Abigail Stiles. I don't know that the two Daniels are related and would appreciate any information. Thank you.
- FALKINBURG, FALKINBURGH, FAULKINBURGH, FOLKINBURG posted by David Absalom on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Capt. John Falkinburg was a captain of vessel that sailed from Philadelphia. He married Mary Clifton of Ohio in Jan. 26, 1819. They lived in Philadelphia and had children James, May, Abigail, Hannah, and Caleb. Captain John Falkinburg died at sea and was brought home for burial. The widow and children went to Ohio where the widow re-married in Feb. 1833. Seek any burial information, death notices, obituary, or information about Capt. F's ship and home.
- MATSON, WOELPER posted by Margaret Van Ness Nelson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seek descendants of Margaretta Melvins WOELPER, born 8 Feb 1818, Philadelphia PA, married 26 May 1835 to John Allen MATSON in Franklin Co IN, died 8 Aug 1862 Putnam Co IN.
- FENIMORE, GREENLEAF, VANDERSLICE posted by Liane Fenimore on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Am interested in FENIMORE/VANDERSLICE/GREENLEAF families. Specifically Joseph Harker Fenimore, 1793-1845. b. prob. Springfield, Burlington co., NJ, d. Philadelphia. Had tavern at Military Hall on Library St. Any descendants by first wife Eliza Vanderslice or second Sarah Hatton Greenleaf. Our descent thru Wesley Fenimore 1839-1918, b. & d. Phila.
- SMITH, WELLINGTON posted by Kathleen Wellington-Nassios on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on WILLIAM B. SMITH who married CHARLOTTE J. WELLINGTON (b. 1862) in 1898. I have been told that he was the Mayor of Philadelphia, but I do not know when. I have an address for him in abt. 1904 of: 3018 N. 15th Street, Philadelphia. Any information about him, his family, and whether or not he was a mayor would be appreciated. Thank you
- BUSTARD posted by Christine Murcia on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for info on Joseph BUSTARD b: 1859 in Philadelphia.
- BANKS, CASSELL, LINDSAY posted by Jeffrey Damon Banks on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Captain Richard Banks married Mary Lindsay in Christ Church, Philadelphia on November 12, 1755. He built the Red Fox Inn in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. After their marriage they must have settled in Gloucester County, NJ since his son John was born there November 25, 1759. John Banks married Deborah Cassell of Philadelphia who was Dutch. ANY information about Captain Banks would be greatly appreciated. Am particularly interested in his parents names and where they came from. I am trying to establish a link back to "Jolly Old England."
- CROSKERRY, CROSKEY posted by Nancy Croskey Good on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for information on family of Jake Croskey (Croskerry) who settled in Philadelphia from County Down, Ireland, late 1700's, early 1800's. Came to America with two other brothers, Mike and David, who settled in Ohio and Western PA.
- BARNHARDT, BARNHART, BERNHARD, BERNHARDT, BERNHART posted by Chuck Barnhart on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for any information on a Jacob BARNHART, BERNHARD, BARNHARDT, BERNHARDT, BERNHART.
My info show him being born 2 Apr 1749 in New Hanover, Montgomery Co Pa, Then Philadelphia Co. He moved to Somerset County. The info I have comes from the Falchner Swamp Reform Church.
- HARPER posted by David Zack Harper on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information on the descendants of John HARPER 1720-1793 of Oxford Twp, Philadelphia. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- MCCLINTOCK posted by Philip Dreger on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Am seeking information on WILLIAM MC CLINTOCK, arrived in Philadelphia around 1859 from Scotland. Born around 1840. Believe served in Union Army, afterwhich married Eliza (last name unknown). Had children, Rachel,Jennie, Willie, Nancy. Lived at various times Hunter Lane, Philadelphia, Merion Ave. Philadelphia. Thank you.
- ARCHIBALD, HARA, HARRA posted by Mary Stevenson on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am looking for information on the ARCHIBALD family. Lived in Phila/germantown/nicetown area in the time period 1860 into 1900's. I have census data for 1900 and 19l0. James, Robert, David, Rachel and Annie are siblings.
Also, O'HARRA family as of 1880 lived on Stenton Ave. Name changed to O'Hara by 1900 census. I have full records of this family (grandparents) down to living descendants of James and Annie O'Hara.
- SCHNELL, SNELL posted by Nancy Snell Griffith on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am interested in Jacob SNELL (SCHNELL), who was a Revolutionary War veteran. Sources indicate that although he was a resident of Athens/Tioga Point, in present-day Bradford County, he died "away from home," in Philadelphia, in c1797. I am wondering if there might be a list of Revolutionary War soldiers buried in Philadelphia, and if he might be included.
- CASTOR, ELLIOTT posted by Bill Butz on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Researching John Erickson Castor married to Mary Elliott in Philadelphia. He died in 1944. She died abt. 1958. They had 9 children: Anne Louise Todd b. 1892, George Washington b. 1895, william JenningsBryan b. 1897 d. 1973, Naomi Ruth b. 1900 d. 1971, Muriel Rose b. 1901 d. 1958, Eric John b. 1904 d. 1980, Alvin Raymond b. 1907 d. 1908, Mrytle Elizabeth b. 1909, Thelma Mary b. 1913 d. 1980. Naomi Ruth married Harry Ralph Martin b. 1896 d. 1972. He was the son of Jacob Martin and Rachel Faist(?). Jacob was the son of John Martin and Sophia. Jacob Martin's children were:Sophia, Harry Ralph, Andrew, Jacob, elizabeth, Rachel and Louise.
- HOUSEL posted by Rick Housel on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Iam searching for Claude Housel born Phila in 1882 ,Father J F,-Sarah Mother
- SMITH posted by Shirley Righi on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Can anyone tell me the ward # for 5708 Merion Ave. W. Philadelphia, Pa. Would like to locate my grandmother, Ella Mary SMITH in the 1910 Census. Thank you.
- PENN, WARD posted by Jari Sinnwell on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information on the family of Charles PENN, born in Philadelphia on Mar. 28, 1833. He married Christena WARD in Cincinnati, Ohio. They moved to Indiana, and later Long Prairie, Minnesota, where he died on Jan. 24, 1911.
- SHEPARD posted by Wayne Shepard on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- HARRY SHEPARD - we believe to be the brother of our ancestor who was born in Westfield, MA, in 1673. We have records indicating that Harry settled in Philadelphia sometime during the late 1600's/early 1700's. I am seeking any information on him which might lead to information on their father (Robert G. Shepard) who emigrated from Suffolk County, England.
- HADDLE posted by Ann Bland Salster on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am seeking info on my g.grandfather Arthur P. HADDLE (b. about 1887) and his second wife, Beulah. He moved to Philadelphia from NC, died there and is buried there. She was much younger than A.P. Would like to share any information.
- LEAR, VAN, VANLAER posted by K. Dorneman on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Jacob VAN LAER / VAN LEAR, born 1704 New York City, visitted Philadelphia where his uncle, Johannes VAN LAER had moved to in 1698. Jacob married a Margaret before moving to Botetourt County, Virginia in mid-1700's where their daugther Gertrude married John ROBINSON. ANY information you might have on the Van Laer's, Van Lear's would be so appreciated. Hoping to share info. with another researcher.
- GIBBENS, GIBBONS posted by Shameron S. Schofield on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for info on Jane Gibbons born in Philadelphia between 1860-1865 She moved at unknown age to Chicago, Il and married Peter Schofield in early 1880's. Looking for her parents and siblings. Her family was from Ireland.
- BRIENTNALL, PETERS, ROBINSON, SHARP posted by Erin Peters on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- ISO info on Richard Peters, son of William Peters and Mary Brientnall, born June 22, 1743 at Belmont Mansion (now in Fairmont Park, Philadelphia). He married Sarah Robinson (b. abt 1745 to Thomas Robinson and Sarah Sharp) August 22, 1776 in Philadelphia. He died in February of 1829 and was buried Feb. 3rd in St. Peter's churchyard on Pine Street. Richard and Sarah's children: Pennell, Ralph, Richard, Maria, Thomas, and Sarah. Any info on any of these families would be much appreciated.
- GARRISON, PAWLING, TWADDELL, TWADDLE posted by Erin Peters on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- ISO info on Charles or father, William, Twaddell in Philadelphia before, during, and after the American Revolution. Spouses names were Pawling and Garrison.
- BRISTOW, RAU, ROSS posted by W. M. Hawk, Jr. on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information re the family of Wilhelmina RAU, b. abt 1886, dau of Martha BRISTOW and ALbert RAU, She m. Robert ROSS. Their children were Robert, Charles and Albert ROSS. Albert ROSS m. ?, had five children, including Catherine ROSS. She m. Edward THOMAS, and had four children, Scot, Chris, Kim and Nicole.
Wilhelmina RAU had two sisters, Martha Matilda RAU, b. 1888, m. William Thomas ORR, and Lucy RAU, d. 1918, m. Albert MOORE, d.1918
Who did Albert ROSS marry? Any info re issue of Robert ROSS or Charles ROSS?
- WOODFIELD posted by Roger Gleitz on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for more info on Mary and John Joseph WOODFIELD who sailed from Wales to Philadelphia, Pa. in 1755. They both died of the plague in 1760 in Philadelphia, Pa.
- BARNES, DELAMMERMORE, SLAUGHTER posted by Laurel DeLammermore on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information on Elmer Francis DELAMMERMORE, born July 1889 to William Wendall SLAUGHTER and Susan BARNES. Susan remarried Thomas John DELAMMERMORE c1890. Was there a daughter also?
- COOPER posted by Betty J. Martin on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Michael Cooper and spouse, Baile (Bailey) lived in Philadelphia in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Believe they originally came from Russia. Nine children in the family: Rudolph, Lester, Edward, Mary, Mollie, Mort, Herbert, Georgia, Elizabeth.
Would appreciate any info from city directories if available or whatever else is known.
- EDINGER posted by Judy Bowman on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Would like to contact EDINGER family researchers.
Believe ancestor in Missouri by 1803 is Christopher EDINGER (JR.) or Christian Edinger. Christian has sm son and sm daughter on 1800 tax list of Rowan Co. North Carolina. Possibly John P. and Mary. If my ancestor is Christian, he is listed as Christopher on Spanish Land Grant, land deeds and Spanish census dated 1803 in Missouri.
These men are possibly descendants of ABRAHAM, MELCHIOR, PHILIP, or WOLFARTH REINAR EDINGER. All were mentioned on Tax list of Philadelphia Co. before 1790.
Any help appreciated.
- DEANHART, LAMB posted by Doni Greenberg on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Need information about a MAMIE L. LAMB (b. 9/27/80) and JOHN DEANHART who had a son, GEORGE DEANHART in Philadelphia around 1900. I've reached a dead end. Possible children of MAMIE L. LAMB include James E. Lee and Martha L. Smith. Please help me. I need any information about any of these people.
Thanks, from Mamie's g.g. grandaughter,
- GILLMORE, GILMORE posted by Charles Philip Gilmore Sr. on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- John Gillmore 1710-20 1796 Died in Cumberland Co. True copy and Testamentary dated 1/27/1796. Born in Northern Ireland, name of first Wife known. Name of second wife, Jean.
Two Sons by first wife who died in Ireland as Follows:
William born Ulster, Ire.1747-1816
Thomas born 1757-1808 Died Pa.
Children by second wife in order:
Robert, Joseph, Hugh, Charity, John(2), Margaret, James.
Most of children migrated to Western Pa. after John's death.
- AKEY, ECKEY, EKEY, EKY posted by Doyle Ekey on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Names looking for EKEY, (variations ECKEY, EKY, AKEY, AKEY)
Attempting to track the above from Ireland to America in 1784. They were to have come through the Port of Philadelphia. The ship they came on was owned by HOWDEN. Is there anywhere in Philadelphia that would have a listing of ship arrivals and passenger lists in 1784. Appreciate any help.
- FRITCH posted by Denise L. Fritch on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information about the family of John and Catherine Fritch. Loyalists during the early years of the Revolution, they migrated from Philadelphia to New York City during or before November 1779 when they received rations as refugees.
- BAITZEL, SMITH posted by Anne Mejan on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for the families of ANNA BAITZEL and JAMES? SMITH from Philadelphia. Anyone knowing any BAITZEL family, please help me find our link.
- GARRETT posted by Kathy Kopp on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for information on how I would conduct my search on the following:
A Court Case involving 26,000 individuals, the State of Pennsylvania and the United States of America pressing claim to the Garret Snuff Fortune, involving 21 million dollars. Harriett Garrett, widow of Walter Garrett (Garrett Snuff) died without a will in 1930. The case was in the courts for 21 years involving claimants from 47 states and at least 26 foreign countries. The case took over 21 years to settle, was heard by 4 different judges and involving the services of more than 600 Philadelphia lawyers, 900 from other parts of the United States and 750 from foreign countries. There were 323 volumes - 100,000 pages - 67 volumes of exhibits. How and where would I start to find information on the above ?
- SCHARRINGHAUSEN, SHARINGHOUSEN posted by Jeanette Sharinghousen on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for Henry/Heinrich Ludwig Scharringhausen, b. 1824 Leipzig Germany. It is believed that he arrived in Philadelphia in the 1840's. Unknown how long he was there. In 1849, he married Sarah Ann CREECY, in Vandalia, Illinois. They travelled west on the Oregon Trail settling in the Portland, Oregon area. It is said that he changed the name to SHARINGHOUSEN when he was naturalized, unknown when and where this happened.
- CLAY, GALBREATH, MCLEOD, MCNEALOUS, MCNEALUS, NEALE posted by Lorraine Mannix on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Alexander MCNEALOUS m. Isobelle GALBREATH August 21,1735,Elizabeth MCNEALUS m. John NEALE June 22,1744 Presbyterian Church, Margaret MCNEALOUS m. John MCLEOD January 28,1782, Anne MCNEALOUS m. John CLAY August 5,1790.
- CRAIGHEAD, MONTGOMERY posted by Anne Stone on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking the family of RACHEL R. MONTGOMERY b ca 1715 in Philadelphia. She married Rev. JOHN CRAIGHEAD. They moved to Lancaster co and eventually to Newville, Cumberland county. She was supposed to be from a wealthy English family, but I can find no record of her or her family anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
- MASON, WATSON posted by Jane Peppler on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Charles MASON and Helen WATSON had a home in Germantown Philadelphia, it was called Cerne (pronounced sur-neigh). They had five children around the turn of the century - Charles, Geoffrey, Graham, and Marjorie Mason was my grandmother. If anyone has any information about this family PLEASE contact me. Thank you so much.
- HALLOWELL, PIERCE posted by Jerry England on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information about PIERCE, Marcus Morton and his daughter PIERCE, Lillian Amanda born 17 Aug. 1867, in Bridesburg, Philadelphia Co., PA.
Also seeking information about HALLOWELL, Amanda born April 1849 and HALLOWELL, Corbit born ABT 1828.
- HAASE, JAECKLER posted by Carolyn Frazee on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Matthias HAASE & Margaretha JAECKLER were marr. Nov. 20, 1752 in a Luth. Ch. in Philadelphia according to a marriage record book. Am looking for confirmation on this date given in book or for anyone who may be researching these people.
- SCHWARTZ posted by Joan Canapp on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for descendants of SCHWARTZ, William Bryson, nicknamed Bryce, born 1879 in Reisterstown, MD and moved to Philadelphia. He died in January, 1965 in PA. He married twice, once to Ida unknown. Thank you.
- DEININGER posted by Marie D. Giddings on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- The following family came to America about 1841 from Germany. Catharina Elisabeth DEININGER and 4 sons, Jacob Hartmann, Phillip Jacob, Christian Friedrich and Johann Gottlieb. Looking for info.
- DASCH posted by Susan Dasch on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- any information about a George Washington Dasch; or other Dasch; owned a saloon on Market Street.
- ULLERICH posted by Jerry Wentworth on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Looking for any information on Henrich Ullerich arrived on the ship "Friendship" 9-3-1739. Need spouse, children, will or anything about this family. Will share info.
- DASE, KEARNEY posted by Pamela Hagen on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for any information on Henry KEARNEY and his wife Anna Dase KEARNEY. They immigrated from Liverpool, May 1851 to NY. They moved to Philadelphia where daughter, Clara b 1880, was born. Clara was living with William D. KEARNEY and Albert D. KEARNEY at 850 N. 9th St. in 1903 when she was married. William D. and Albert D. had lived at that address since 1892. Any information on Henry and Anna or the relationship of William D. and Albert D. to Clara would be Greatly appreciated!
- BRANDON, COLLINS posted by Mac McDonald on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- For a friend, who may be the very last of his line, I am looking for help with the Collins and Brandon families. Both families were black and the Collins came somewhere from the "south". Lum and Dolly Collins born in the late 1800's or very early 1900's came to Philadelphia and in the 1920's had 17 children, only 5 of which lived. The kids that lived were all daughters and were Mary, Amelia, Ethel, Gertrude, and Lillian. Mary married a Richard Brandon, and Richard died in the early 1960's. Amelia married a Turner and a Robinson. Ethel married a Harden. Gertrude married a Turner and then a Morman. Nothing is known about Lillian. Mary had one child who was born in Philadelphia. None of the other girls had any children that lived, of which we are aware. This is all of the information we have at this point. Any help would be most appreciated.
- SPINDLER posted by Keely Ingram on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- SPINDLER, Johann Philip David b 1714 in Germany arr 2 Nov 1752 in Philadelphia on ship "Phoenix" from Rotterdam. His brother, SPINDLER, Lorentz b 1718 in Germany arr 2 Sep 1751 aboard ship "Duke of Bedford". In 1754, an ad placed in "Sowers Newspaper" in Lancaster Co., states: Lorentz looking for brother Philip David Spindler b Hall Germany. Any information about these brothers would be appreciated.
- REISENWITZ posted by Paula Damiano on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking information on REISENWITZ family. My g-g-grandfather Godfrey REISENWITZ was born in Germany; believed to have entered USA through Phila. and lived in that city until moving to Poconos area (Monroe County). Only confirmed offspring is John Jacob REISENWITZ, born 1857 PA, so Godfrey must have emigrated prior to that date. 1920 census lists John G. REISENWITZ, 2202 Wallace St., Phila. w/ 3-yr-old child Godfrey. Are we related?
- THOMPSON posted by Edward Lohr on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- CHARLES THOMPSON and wife Bridget moved from New Jersey with young Daughter Matilda to Christian st. & Delaware ave. in 1860. They lived with William Lohr & family. Any info concerning the Thompson family would be greatly appreciated.
- HENSEL posted by LeeAnn Wagner Cica on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Am looking for relatives of WILLIAM HENSEL who arrived in Philadelphia in the mid 1800's with his brother John Hensel. John subsequently moved to Cumberland County where he was a farmer. The brothers came to the U.S from Hesse's Castle in Germany.
- KAPP posted by Anita Weaver on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- I am trying to locate the burial place and date of death of Siegfried KAPP. He was born in Germany in about 1854 and died after 1934. He lived with his family on Walnut St. in the 1900 and 1910 censuses. Thank you for your help.
- NEWBOLD, ORTMAN, PAYTON, ROBERTS posted by Phyllis Moulton on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- William George NEWBOLD came to Philadelphia and married Alice Jane PAYTON in 1888. They had three children: daughter - Kate Lillian Newbold b: 11/3/1889 m: 1) Howard Shultz ORTMAN and 2) Ben Both ROBERTS. ("Catherine" and Ben ROBERTS are my grandparents.) They had 2 sons - Frank Emerson NEWBOLD, wife Charlotte "Lottie", and William Henry Newbold, wife Dora. Any information regarding this family would be appreciated.
- CAVA posted by Ron Cava on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for information regarding the family of Phillip CAVA. Phillip immigrated from Italy ca.1903, lived in South Philadelphia area ca.1927-37. Had siblings named Antonio, Pete, and Rose, probably others as well. I'd like to hear from anyone related to these Cavas or who knows anything about them. Thanks.
- LOGAN posted by Viola Logan Shields on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Seeking any information on Hugh James Logan and wife Susanna who came to Phila. in mid 1800s. They lived in SW. Phila. in 1885.
- COX, VIRTUE posted by Marie Turnbull on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Searching for information on George COX died Feb. 1904 and Anna M . COX died Nov. 1939 in Philadelphia. They are burried in the same plot as my ggrandfather George VIRTUE who died in 1894. Any ideas on the relationship. Anyone recognize these names. Thanks
- BONE, JACOBS, VONDARIGOL posted by Susan F. Freistedt on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- Would like to contact any person having these surnames in their records from the general area of Chestnut Hill, PA. Frank J VON DARIGOL, born June 6, 1878, mothers maiden name BONE, and Magdalena JACOBS, born August 11, 1842 were my Great-Grand parents. Even if you knew of a cemetery location it help.
- PROPERT posted by Larry Bosler on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- John PROPERT, born sometime between 1755 and 1774 and who died in 1833, had two wives, Phillipina, born sometime in 1773 or thereabouts and who died 12/8/1807, and Margaret, born sometime in 1781 or thereabouts and who died 4/2/1844.
John and Phillipina had four children, Margaret, born sometime between 1790 and 1800, Henry, born sometime in 1794 or thereabouts, Catherine, born sometime in 1798 or thereabouts, and George, born sometime in 1800 or thereabouts.
Henry and his wife Elizabeth had four children, Henry, born sometime in 1828 or thereabouts, Phoebe, born sometime in 1832 or thereabouts, Mary A., born sometime in 1839 or thereabouts, and Joseph, born sometime in 1841 or thereabouts. At the time between the census of 1830 and 1840, Henry, Sr. and his family lived in the Township of Passyunk in Philadelphia County.
- MASON posted by Loraine K. Prutzman on Sunday, March 15, 1998
- CAPT.THOMAS MASON ,JR. lived in Philadelphia in period 1739 or later. May have been a sea captain. Have artifact engraved with name & place. Would like to learn about the owner. I live too far from Philadelphia to research archives,etc . Hope you will help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project