- HARRISON, OSCHMAN, PLAYFORD, RANGNOW posted by Tom Harrison on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for any connections to the above surnames. RANGNOW comes from a family with thirteen children who came to Philly about 1870. All RANGNOW's in the US are related to this one family & I am writing a book about the RANGNOW clan as my mother was a RANGNOW. My grandfather was Robert Alfred HARRISON who came from England and married my grandmother Agnes PLAYFORD. Her father was William PLAYFORD who is supposed to have had two wives and many children. I need information on any of their descendents. The last is George F. OSCHMAN who was my greatgrandfather. He too had two wives and I need info on the descendents. All lived in Philadelphia. Any help would be appreciated.
- CAREY, HALEY, HEALY posted by Chris Carey on Monday, September 15, 1997
- William Carey b. abt 1841 Co. tipperary, Ire.; date immigration unknown. Marr. Alice Healy/Haley (b. abt. 1847 Co. Waterford, Ire.) abt 1863, location unknown. Children born NYC: Richard 1864 d. 1882 Phila., Pa., William 1866(d.1868), James 1869. Other children: thomas b. 1871 (location unknown)d. 1873 Phila., Pa.; John b. 1874 Phila., Pa.; Mary b. 1876 Phila., d. 1877 Phila.. Alice Healy Carey d. 1877 Phila. and William d. 1878 Phila. Sons James and John placed in orphanage 1878 and taken out in Oct. 1879 by J. Healy and Dennis Haley. Interested in any Carey or Healy/Haley relatives. Willing to share data. Thank you.
- GOBEL, LOFFT posted by Chris Carey on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Mary Magdalena Gobel b. abt 1849 Phila., Pa.; marr. Sept., 1867 christian Lofft (b. abt 1840 Denmark). children (all born Phila) Alexander b. 1868; George b. 1870; Anne Josophine b. 1873 (marr a Tanner); Mary Ann b. 1875 (marr. James D. Mullen abt 1894); Caroline b. 1878, d. bef. 1890; Magdaline Constantine b. 1879, d. bef. 1890. Interested in any relatives and willing to share data. Thank you.
- HASSON, MULLEN posted by Chris Carey on Monday, September 15, 1997
- thomas Mullen b. in Ireland, marr. Ann Hasson abt 1871. Son: James D. Mullen b. 1872 in Phila., Pa. Interested in any family connections and willing to share data. Thank you.
- SHEEHAN posted by Chris Carey on Monday, September 15, 1997
- christopher Sheehan b. abt 1842 in Ireland, marr. 1866 in Phila., Pa. Ellen Sullivan (b. abt 1839 in Ireland). Children: Ellen b. 1867; Ann b. 1868; Julia b. 1871; Catherine V. b. 1873. Chris sheehan died 1889 in Phila. Possibly related to Daniel and Thomas Sheehan, both of Phila., Pa. Interested in any relationships and willing to share data. Thank you.
- SULLIVAN posted by Chris Carey on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Ellen Sullivan b. abt 1838 Ireland; marr. ist John MacNamara 1854 in Phila., Pa. Three children: Daniel b. 1854; John b. 1857; Mary Ann b. 1860. John MacNamara died in civil War (Antietam) 1862. Marr. 2nd to Christopher Sheehan 1866 Phila., Pa. Ellen Sullivan Sheehan d. 1894 in Phila.; she also had a sister Ann. Any information on the Sullivan family greatly appreciated; willing to share data i have. thank you.
- REINSTEIN posted by Shoshana Greenland on Monday, September 15, 1997
- looking for anyone with information about the REINSTEIN family that lived in Philadelphia.
- DELAMATER posted by Brian J. Delamater on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am trying to find information on the Delamater family in Philadelphia. In particular John Delamater who moved to Philadelphia prior to 1842. He had a son John S. Delamater b. 24 Dec. 1842 in Phila. His wife's maiden name is believed to be wall obtained from the son's death certificate from Camden, N.J. I am willing to share what information I have on the Delamater family thus far.
- MILES posted by Ida May Milligan on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Does any one know if there are records for the Warner Miles Funeral Home in Manayunk, Philadelphia Pa? The person I am searching Carson Miles might have been layed out at this funeral home in 1874. He died July 16,1874 in Manayunk 0f dropsy.
- DERVIN, DERVIS, KELLER posted by Jean Miller on Monday, September 15, 1997
- any info or connection to william keller wife susay dervin or dervis had son John 1825 in Philadelphia, Pa - they moved to Adams county Wisconsin 1826. thanks
- GORDON posted by Eleanor Lovett on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Searching for Gordon Nathaniel b/abt 1799/1800 in Ireland came to Phila about 1830. Brothers George, Robert, David : Samuel. Any one having any connection would like to here from you.
- OBLINGER, OPLINGER posted by Tanya Schleifer on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Searching for any information on my great grandfather Warren Berlin OPLINGER born 23 March 1891 in Pennsville, Pennsylvania. I am looking for a link between WARREN OPLINGER and NICHOLAUS OBLINGER emigrated to America in 1725, settled in Lower Slatford Township, Philadelphia County (now Montgomery County). I am specificallly trying to find out who WARREN BERLIN OPLINGER'S parents and grandparents were. Any info will really help my search.
- THOMAN posted by Norma Rice on Monday, September 15, 1997
- My Ancestor, Martin Thoman was b. 16 Oct 1822 in Philadelphia, PA, s/o Johan Jacob Thoman. His father came from Arisdorf, Switzerland in 1801 with his family. He had one brother and 4 sisters. Thery were Martin, Elizabeth, Anna, Frena, and Lydia. He married Margaret Sutton, and they had one son, Martin, my gr gr grandfather. Do you know if they had other children? Jacob d. in 1880. Does anyone know where he died? Martin m. Anne Span(s)wick in 1843, Warwick Twp., Lambton Co., CAN, and they had three children, Alexander, John and Lydia Ann. Lydia Ann was my gr. grandmother. John Thoman went to LA and nothing further is known of him. Alexander became a taxidermist in Canada. I own a copy of "THE THOMAN FAMILY HISTORY, V.II by Austin Jacob Thoman, SC
- GARRIGUES posted by Virginia Niles Taylor on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Matthew GARRIGUES, my 6 gr. grandfather, according to a genealogical chart, "settled in Philadelphia 1700, kept the Prince Eugene Inn, 2nd St. first half of the 18th century." He m. Susanna Rochet, and they are both buried in Christ Church Ground. What can anyone tell me about the Prince Eugene Inn? Is it still standing and/or is there an historic marker for it. Is it in the middle of the old historic district? (Obviously I've never been to Philadelphia!) Thank you for any information.
- MCCULLOUGH posted by Michael J. McCullough on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Charles F. McCullough (born June 24, 1833) married Sarah A. Kline. This occurred October 9, 1856 at Tenth Baptist Church in Philadelphia by Rev. Kennard. Charles and Sarah moved to Baltimore, MD between 1856 and 1860. My own search of the 1850 census records for Philadelphia did not identify a Charles of the correct age; he would have been 16 or 17 years old depending on the date of census. I'd like to review the census microfilm record again; my first search was at the Philadelphia free library. I'd be most interested in any information confirming Charles F. McCullough's marriage in 1856 and his appearance in the 1850 census as a member of household of age 16 or 17 years.
- QUADENFIELD, QUATENFIELD, QUEDENFELDT posted by Fran Simmons on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for information about George QUADENFIELD/QUATENFIELD. A George Friederich QUEDENFELDT immigrated on the ship "Indostan" from Hamburg, arriving in Philadelphia on 04/17/1804. Is this the same person? Married a Catharine b: 14 Feb 1797 d:04 Oct 1880, is burried in Keller's Church Cemetery, Bucks Co., PA. Searching for the Maiden name of Catharine. Decend through their daughter Elizabeth QUADENFIELD b: 29 Jul 1826, Bucks Co., d: ?, married 10 Feb 1853 Enos Bartholomew APPLE s/o Jacob Litzenburger APPLE & Catharine BARTHOLOMEW. Would like to meet any others researching these lines.
- CIENKOWSKI, CINCOSKI, CINKOSKE posted by Bernie Cinkoske on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information on the family, ancestors or descendants of Stanley CIENKOWSKI (CINCOSKI, CINKOSKE) (b. abt. 1875, Poland and d. aft. 1942, Philadelphia). He married Agnes ? and had five children. His parents were John CIENKOWSKI and Mary MADAJ.
- ORTLIEB posted by Cathy Malone on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Researching the name ORTLIEB. My grandfather James Ortlieb was born 7/4/1905, died 1995. He married Helen Burckey in either 1904 or 1905, died 1958. They had three children, Margaret (married Charles Fawcett) born 1926 , James Francis (married Magdalena Decker) born 1927, and Francis (Frank) born 1929, died 1978.
James Ortlieb was the son of John (Jno) W. Ortlieb and Eva (Geneve, Genevieve) Sweeney. I believe that John W. was the son of Andrew (Gottlieb) and Anna Ortlieb.
If you have any information on these names, please let me know. Thank you.
- DECKER posted by Cathy Malone on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for information on the Decker family name. Matthew (Mathias) Decker born in 1904 in Johannisfeld, Hungary (now Ionel, Romania). Emigrated to the US around 1907. Matthew's parents were Peter Decker and Elizabeth Beibel. Peter and Elizabeth had five children: Peter (married Barbara ?), Elizabeth (married Joseph Weldi), Matthew (married Catherine Leszl), John (died 1924 at age 15), and Jacob (married Sally ?).
I'd appreciate any information you may have. Thank you.
- BURCKEY posted by Cathy Malone on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Frank Burckey. Born approximately 1876. Died in 1929. Married Margaret McElroy. born approximately 1876, died 1928. Had three children Frank (died as an infant), Helen, born 1905, died 1958 and Lawrence Edward. Frank Burckey was origianlly from the Reading, PA area.
I'd appreciate any info you may have. Thank you.
- FILMORE, PHELMORE, SHAFFER posted by Barbara Jarvis on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for the parents of Harry Austin Shaffer, who was born in Germantown PA June 14, 1868. His death certificate list mother as Eliza Phelmore, there is no listing for his father. I have seen his mothers name spelled Elizabeth Filmore on other documents, possibly an Americanization of original name. He had a sister named Claire or Clara. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- CARNCROSS posted by John McCalla on Monday, September 15, 1997
- John L. CARNCROSS b. 1834 d. 1911
lived in either Montgomery or Phila county. He was a minstrel singer.
Married Rebecca E. Ripley b. 1835 d. 1923
child: Laura Celeste b. 1857
- LONGSHORE posted by Mary Stees on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Euclydus Longshore of the County of Bucks transferred a tract of land in the County of Philadelphia to Gabriel Cock in 1715. Looking for information of E. Longshore. Thank you.
- SETZER, SITCER, SITZER posted by Kathy Sitzer on Monday, September 15, 1997
- SITZER/SITCER/SETZER, Jacob and Michael, arrived in Philadelphia on the vessel "Brothers" from Rotterdam and Cowes on Sept. 26, 1753 - looking for marriage, death information
- ENGELMAN, ENGLEMAN posted by Greg Price on Monday, September 15, 1997
- ENGELMAN, Jacob, Born 1787/1788, was a shopkeeper in Philadelphia, died 1849. He was married twice, first to Mary ?, then to Sarah A. ? Any information regarding the ENGELMAN/ENGLEMAN family of Phildelphia during this era would be greatly appreciated.
- RICHARDS, ROSEMAN posted by Elaine May on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking: John RICHARDS, a Hatter by trade, in Phila. from 1820 census to at least the 1860 census. He was b. in New Jersey, circa 1818, but family must have moved circa 1820 to Phila. He married Sarah A. ROSEMAN and had the following issue: Mary E b.circa 1841, William Henry, Mahlon E., Ann, John G., Andrew and Sarah.
Thanks for any help!!
- BETTERTON posted by Jerry Warren Betterton on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Searching for and and all data pertaining to the family of Benjamin Betterton (1705-1756), who was born in England and came to Philadelphia in the late 1720's. Benjamin married Mary Thompson on April 2, 1730 in Philadelphia. Their ten children all lived and died in the Philadelphia area. All information will be appreciated.
- WARREN posted by Flossie Bunnell on Monday, September 15, 1997
- WARREN, SAMUEL- I am the great-great grandaughter and am searching for information concerning Samuel Warren. The time frame would be around 1817, but don't know anything else. This may not be enough information for you, but I have nothing more to go on. Thankyou for you time.
- CARVER posted by Derick S. Hartshorn on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking information on Joseph V. CARVER, b: 15 May 1816, Philadelphia, Pa. and d: 1888. He m: Margaret F. RHODES, b: 1829 and d: 1916. They had Emma Linda CARVER, b: 6 Nov 1850 and d: 10 Aug 1911. She m: 24 Nov 1870, Wyalusing, Bradford, Pa., Cornelius BOOROM who was b: 27 Mar 1843, Margaretta, Erie, N.Y. and d: 13 Jun 1905, Dorchester, Norfolk, Mass.
- ALBRIGHT, CANNING, FESSMAN, LOTZ, SCHOEN, SNYDER posted by Susan E Walters on Monday, September 15, 1997
- looking for any information on these name . I know August SCHOEN and Jacob LOTZ live in Philadelphia. Pretty sure the other did to. I have ALBRIGHT married to LOTZ twice. any informatiion would be apprecated
- CHESNUT, CHESTNUT, NEIMAN posted by Dawn N. Wark on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Franklin F. Neiman b. 1861 d. ? married (1882)to Maria CHES(T)NUT b. 1861 d. ? Lived in Trumbauersville, Milford twshp. Bucks County,PA circa 1900 census on a Farm which was owned but mortaged.They had 7 children: William A.(1883), Elbert L.(1884), *Winfield Norman (1886 my grandfather!who married Cornelia E. Smith in 1908 in Phila.PA),Florence J.(1889),Casper (1891)he inherited the farm after Franklin's death I am told. Maud J.(1894), Mary E.(1896). Elbert, Winfield and Casper wentto work in Phila.PA, They are in city directories starting in 1910. Casper & Winfield's births are registered in Phila and the address given is Queen (in Germantown section of Phila., Pa?) maybe a relatives home? Franklin or "Frank" was employed as a Carpenter on the Phila. birth register of Winfield and Casper. Any info. on the family will be appreciated!!!!
- VANGUNTEN posted by Marty Rider on Monday, September 15, 1997
- My great-grandfather was living in Philadelphia around 1880ish. His son - my grandfather - was Henry Russell Van Gunten, born while the family was vacationing in Asbury Park, NJ in 1887. My grandfather attended Pennsylvania Univiersity's Wharton School, and he wrote for the Philadelphia North American. After that, he attended George Washington University for two years. He ironically worked for the Bureau of the Census for a couple of years.
- GREATHOUSE, GROETHAUSEN, GROTHAUS, GROTHAUSEN, GROTHOUSE, GROTHOUSS posted by Patricia Dodd Greathouse on Monday, September 15, 1997
- (German name that was Anglicized to Greathouse). Looking for information on Harman Greathouse that emigrated from Germany to Philadelphia Co., PA about 1709. He is buried at St. Michael's Lutheran Church cemetery in Germantown. His tombstone reads "Herman Grothaus, born 1670, died 27 Oct. 1743, " next to Herman is his son Henry, " Henry Grothouss, born 1695 died 1745." I will pay for copies of any records. Any connections, links, etc. will be greatly appreciated.
- CUNNINGHAM posted by Daniel Cunningham on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for information (place of burial, date of death) of Virginia Ellen (McKenzie) CUNNINGHAM who died in Philadelphia around 1902. She was said to have been cared for in a 7th Day Adventist Sanitarium after leaving West Virginia.
- SMYTH posted by Georgia Owens on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Am searching for Andrew Smyth born on 9/29/1777 in Philadelphia County, Pa. Married to Susannah(DOB 10/13/1780). They had a daughter, Sarah D. Smyth Wallace(DOB 1802 NC), who married Green Berry Wallace in 1825. They also had two sons, Forney and George Washington Smyth.
- MCDONALD, YOUNG posted by Helen Marie More on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I'm having difficulty with trying to research the backgrounds of my maternal G/Grandparents (August H. YOUNG who married Katie A. McDONALD) in 1882 at a German Reformed Church in Philadelphia. Both August and Katie were born and raised in Philly and had "4" known children; Frank/Francis, Elmer, Howard and Gertrude. Their last known address in 1900 was on Germantown Ave. in Philadelphia. I have yet to establish the names of the parents of August H. YOUNG (both parents born in Germany) and of Katie A. McDONALD (Father born in Ireland - Mother possibly in Scotland, Ireland or England). Any info would be greatly appreciated as I'm the eldest surviving member of this YOUNG lineage. I would be delighted to share their descendants with anyone who is interested. Many thanks from Boston.
- MURPHINS posted by Kathie Malloy Surma on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking and willing to share information about Jehu MURPHINS and his descendants. My grandfather, Herbert Townsend MURPHINS, was the son of Cecil Clifford MURPHINS and Lydia BARNHURST of Philly. Cecil was the son of Francis Gaskil MURPHINS and Eliza HESS. Francis was a son of Jehu and Harriet Ann RODGERS BRICK.
- GRANT, HAWORTH, KOLANLIN, LEIBERT, LITTLER, LUKENS, MICHENER, NICE, PARRY, STAPLER posted by Peter Leibert on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am interested in obtaining genealogy information about my paternal ancestors that lived in the Germantown and surrounding areas during 1720's through 1850. My great (6times) grandfather Michael Leibert (Lybert), his wife Barbara and their three children, came by way of ship from England in 1727. I believe they originally were from the Palatine area. I am seeking more information on them as well as the descendant spouses and their family's.
Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.
- PETERS posted by John Peters on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for infoemation on James PETERS, who came to America from Ireland in 1749. He married Mary BIRD. His son John Peters is found living in Philadelphia County in 1790.
- HILL posted by Jane Burns on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am searching for the descendents of William J b. 1869 and Eliza HILL. 1900 census Occ Carpenter living in Allentown, PA
Children of William were:
1. Isaac W. HILL b. 1894 d. June 1966 in Phila. married to Marquerite St John b. 1901 in Canada. 1920 census Isaac was living on Hagert St, Phila. 1920 census he had two children Pearl b. ABT 1918 and Emma b. ABT 1919 in Phila.
2. Albert HILL b. Oct 1895 d. March 1979 in Phila.
3. Pearl HILL b. Nov 1899 in Allentown, PA
4. William HILL b. 1902 in Allentown, PA (possible) d. July 1982 in Phila.
5. Meredith (Bud) HILL b. 1906
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
- DEHAVEN, LEVERING, ROBERTS, SCHIPHOWER, SUPPLEE, ZIMMERMAN posted by Ginger Edie Hoffman on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Evert DEHAVEN was b ca 1655 in Mulheim am Ruhr, Germany and marr May 21, 1675 at the Reformed Church there to Leisbeth SCHIPHOWER. This couple came to America in 1698 and settled in Van Bebber Twp., later called Skippack in Phila. Co., Pa. Evert and Leisbeth were naturalized Sept. 29, 1709 when their original name INDENHAUVEN was Americanized to DEHAVEN. They had Gerhard, who marr Anna Marie SELLE; Herman, who marr Annica OPDENGRAEF; Peter, who marr twice, 1. Sidonia LEVERING, 2. Elizabeth MCKNIGHT; and Anneki, who married Jacob OPDENGRAEF. Sidonia LEVERING, born 23 Apr 1691 in Germantown, Pa., was the daughter of John Wigard LEVERING, b 1648 in Gamen, Westphalia, Germany and marr Mar 22, 1674 Magdalena BOKER, who was b 1648 in Leyden, Holland. John and Magdalena were naturalized 7 Mar 1691 and settled in Philadelphia County, Pa. I will share information with anyone researching these ancestors.
- ELLIS, SNYDER posted by Margaret Snyder Pugliese on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am seeking ancestors or descendants of William ELLIS,b. 1810. Married Julia, b.1814. There ch. were: Margaret,b.1835, Wm.,b.1836, Mary,b.1839,Emilia, b.1846, &Julia,b.1848. Wm. served in the Civil War.
Mary m. Henry Lee SNYDER, USN and they had 1 son, Henry deLuce SNYDER, b.1859. In 1864 they lived on Palmer St., Phila. Mary died on 3/3/1864. She was buried in Kensington M.E. Church Cemetery. Would be greatly appreciative of any info. Those church rec. supposedly disappeared. Is this so?
- WITCRAFT posted by Nancy & Brian Breidenback on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for any info on Pearl Irene Witcraft, supposed to be born 12/20/1906 in Phila., PA but they have no record of birth and have been unsuccessful in finding any refernece to her in the census. Parents names are John Witcraft and Arelia Palmer. PLs email us any info you are able to locate. Thanks in advance.
- BREIDENBACK posted by Nancy & Brian Breidenback on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for any info re: John W. Breidenback. Supposed to have beenborn 4/28/1898 in Phila, PA but Phila has no birth record on him and we hav not found him in the census records. Please share any info found with us. Thanks in advance.
- KLOEPFER, SCHWENGER posted by Cindy Kaup on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for information and the parents of Earnest KLOEPFER (b, abt 1890 Germany) and Ella SCHWENGER (b. abt 1894 PA). In the 1920 Census they were living on North Front street in Philadelphia. Also, I am trying to find their desendants Margaret b. 1 Nov 1919; Ella b. 1918; Earnest b. 1916; Elizabeth b. 1914. I do know that in 1940 they had moved to Millville, NJ.
- SEIPLE, SIPLE, WHITELOCK posted by John S. Hutchinson on Monday, September 15, 1997
- My grandmother, Mary C. Whitelock Siple, died in Philadelphia sometime between June 1937 and November 1938. I have tried to get a death certificate from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Vital Records, but they require the exact month and year. They do not provide a search service. Perhaps someone in your organization could help me find a way to get this information. Also my grandfather, Mary's husband, Grant C. Siple, was killed in a railroad accident in about 1910. He worked as a fireman but I don't know the name of the railroad. He was living in Philadelphia with Mary and their four children, Viola, Zelda, Norma, and Ernest. I would also like to find his death certificate and any other information about him. My connection to all this is through my mother, Viola Derr Siple Hutchinson. She was born in West Chester, PA on 10 December 1896.
Please let me know if there is a way that I might be able to access this information.
- BANKS, HEBRON posted by Tom Cozzens on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking parents of Abigail Banks b 1763 m Philadelphia John Hebron late summer 1787 and later moved to Virginia. John in Phil. militia 1775.
- EDDLEMAN, MITCHELL posted by Joe Eddleman on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Mallen/ Malon R. MITCHELL, born cir. 1838 and married Elizabeth S. EDDLEMAN on 9/10/1865 in Roxborough, Pa.at the Roxborough Baptist Church.Mallen was a carpenter according to the 1869 Phila. City directory.He and Elizabeth lived on Gorgas Lane in 1869.He was living in Roxborough in 1870. Their children were Ella MITCHELL, born cir. 1865, William J. MITCHELL, born cir. 1867 and died 1893 and Laura MITCHELL born in 1869. William J. MITCHELL is buried at Levrington Cemetary in Roxborough.
- SULLY, TROUTNER posted by Peggy Schell on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Harry TROUTNER(b. July 19,1919) eldest son of Henry Troutner (b. Aug. 8, 1894 IL; d. Dec, 1969) and Elizabeth B. SULLY(B. SEPT. 19, 1896; D. FEB. 1985)Married Sept. 11, 1918. Elizabeth's father Michael SULLY was an Irish imagrent born Jan 1, 1861. He married Bridget Magee(b. Aug. i, 1863;d. Jan 4, 1916) on Jan, 9, 1896. Their children were Elizabeth, twins Agnes and Margrete b.Mar. 1899, twins Joseph and Rose b. April 8 1900. Michael has two other children Mary born May 26, 1892 and Michael Henry born July 15, 1894. Harry thought all Michaels children resulted from his marriage to Bridget . Unless I have an incorrect marriage date, these last mentioned cannot be Bridget's. Michael did marry a second time, some time after the 1920 census when he was listed as living with Elizabeth and her husband and infant son, Harry. This second with was Anna FARBER. She died in Nov. , 1925. On the 1920 census, the address is shown as 7206 Torresdale Ave.,Ward 41, Philadelphia,PA. On citizenship papers Michael's address is shown as 7020 Wissinoming Street, Tacony. They were Roman Catholics. I believe they were members of St. Leo's Church on Keystone Street, Tacony. I have contacted the church for information but have received nothing back as yet. Any information on these folks would be appriciated.
- MYERS, PHIMPLE posted by Allen & Jeanie Evans on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Jonathan [John] and Sarah [ PHIMPLE] MYERS lived in Philadelphia where he was a blacksmith. The one son we know of is Charles K. who born in Philadelphia in abt. 1828. Any help appreciated!!!!!
- FAULDS, SLOAN, TELFER posted by Geoff McKay on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for information about Mary Faulds who emigrated to Philadelphia from Glasgow, Scotland around 1900.
Mary Faulds was born in 1875. She sometimes used the name Mary Sloan since her mother's second husband was called Sloan. Her parents were William Faulds (died 1919) and Elizabeth Thomson (died 1925). They were married in 1870. She also had a brother, William James, born 1884.
Mary married Robert Telfer in Maryhill, Glasgow, and by 1896 had two children. Sometime between 1896 and 1921 she emigrated to Philadelphia (probably with her husband). Any information about this family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- CLEROUX posted by Jan Everly Williams on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Joseph CLEROUX was born 27 June 1895 in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. He was living in or near Philadelphia in 1945 and may have died there before 1952. If you have any information on this man, please contact me.
- MUELLER posted by Walter Mueller on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am searching for information regarding my paternal grandfather, Ernest (Ernst) Bernhard MUELLER (the name Emil may also be included) who, according to the 1910 census operated a print shop at 1129 W. Oxford Street in Philadelphia. My information indicates that he came to the US from Germany in 1887 with his wife Olga. I would particularly like to know which part of Germany they came from.
- KRUPE, RIEBEN, WHITEHOUSE posted by Allie Whitehouse on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Searching for others researching this surname. Richard O. Whitehouse died on July 3, 1876 and is buried in Mt. Moriah Cemetery. It is believed that he was the first immigrant from that line. There is also, Arthur, Edwin and Henry Whitehouse. Riebens include, Robert, John and Lucy. For Krupe, only name I have is Elizabeth. Married Richard O. Whitehouse and then William H. Moore. Any info on these surnames will be greatly appreciated, even ones that don't seem to be related, you never know.
- TENCATE posted by Carol Tencate Battin on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I'm interested in making contact with anyone with information concerning the TENCATE surname. In the last half of the 19th century my particular ancestors lived in Phoenixville, Chester, PA. I would like to find their descendants who may be living in or near Philadelphia or in New Jersey.
- CAMPBELL, MCGOWAN posted by Susan Campbell Clouser on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Any information on Daniel Campbell -Brother John-lived in Philadelphia in 1900's. Married Catherine McGowan.Seven children- Mary,Daniel,Grace,Catherine,Charles,Jane, and Rita.Would appreciate any information on either the Campbell or Mcgowan families.
- HARDY posted by George F. Hardy on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking information on James H. Hardy who was listed in the Philadelphia City Directory in 1861 as living at 731 Filbert Street. His occupation was listed as a painter. Any information as to place of birth or death would be very helpful.
- CLARK posted by Steve Clark on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for descendants of Peter Joseph CLARK (b 1862), married to Katherine Toner ( b 1865) . Children John (1884), Mary (1887), Cecilia (1890), William (1892), Katie (1894), Joseph (1896) and my grandfather Stephen (1898). Family tradition says Peter and Katherine were born in Ireland and entered U.S. thru Ellis Island. 1900 census says born in Pennsylvania. Stephen moved to Cincinnati around 1932 for work. Possible family connections in Philadelphia to Amburg and Wolfinger.
- MIECZKOWSKI posted by Joseph Mieczkowski on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am seeking information on a JOSEPH MIECZKOWSKI that was killed in Viet Nam on April 30, 1967. According to "The Wall" his hometown was Philadelphia. Pennsylvania won't let me get a birth certificate to find out who his parents were, so I'm hoping there was an obit. in a Philly newspaper, to provide that info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me with any info. My name is also Joseph Mieczkowski, so you can see why I'd like to know.
P.S. I live in the Houston, TX area, and can get to the Clayton Library for Genealogical Research. They've got tons of research materials. If I can be of any service to anyone in Philly, let me know.
- CONNELL, HAINES, HANLON, KUNZIG, MAYER, PILSON, SCHAEFFER posted by Frank Pilson on Monday, September 15, 1997
- LOOKING FOR ANY 18TH CENTURY INFORMATION ON SAME NAMES. MOST OF THESE PEOPLE WERE BORN, LIVED AND DIED IN PHILA. COUNTY. THANK YOU
- FOWLER posted by Jody Vance on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Am seeking a connection of Philadelphia Fowlers to Stephen Fowler, born February 2, 1823. Moved to Michigan.
- FERGUSON posted by Barbara Nepveux on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Searching for a Stephen Benton Ferguson b.188? d. 1935 buried in Ivy Hill Cemetery, Pa. He was married to Sophia Cramp Hipple b. 1890 in Philadelphia, Pa d. August 1964 buried in Ivy Hill Cemetery, Pa.
- DOWNING, LAUTHERBOREN posted by Barbara Lautherboren on Monday, September 15, 1997
- DOWNING, ROBERT - Married widow Annie A. or Anna A. Lautherboren about 1886 or1887. She had at least two sons, John A. and Howard F. from former marriage. When Howard was about 14, he adopted his stepfather's surname which apparently was the custom at that time. Have no other information on Robert.
- GRAY posted by Mel Gray on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking information on David Gray family. Immigrated to Philadelphia circa 1845-1855 from Ireland with children. Wife Jean Mills died in Ireland. Children included Joseph, William, Thomas, samuel, Andrew, Sarah, Isabella, Eliza, Josiah. Men were weavers by trade. From Tyrone County originally. David dies 10/28/1864 in Philadelphia.
- COOPER, MCARDELL, OLSON, ZOUCK posted by Anne Mary C. Chapirson on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for the descendants of Elizabeth "Lizzie" McARDELL (b.April 21, 1865) m. Allan OLSON (b.?)). They had one known child: Eunice OLSON (b. Aft July 02, 1895) m. Howard ZOUCK (b.?), we don't know where or when. Eunice and Howard had one known child: Shirley ZOUCK(b. maybe 1933)
Several cousins have been working on our family tree for about 10 years and a book about the family has been published. We were unable to include much on this line because we lost contact with them. Elizabeth McARDELL was the daughter of James Edward and Emma COOPER MCARDELL. We have followed the MCARDELL family to 1797 and the COOPER family to 1734. The book about the COOPER family was published in August and is now available, but the work is still in progress on both families and further books will be published. We would sure love to be able to include this family in future books.
Elizabeth applied for a marriage license in St. Paul MN, but either it was never filed or it was never acted on. We can find no record of the marriage. They were in a hurry to get to Philadelphia because he had a job there as a furrier. We have some pictures of times when Elizabeth came back to MN to visit, but seem to have lost track of her as the parents and siblings passed away.
- KEAGLE posted by Judy Offen on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am searching for the names of the parents of William KEAGLE who lived in Philadelphia. He had two brothers, Samuel Sherman KEAGLE who died in Cleveland, Ohio in 1908 and Edward KEAGLE who was born in 1864 and died in June 1937 in Milton, Centre County, PA. I have no other information about William. Samuel Sherman KEAGLE was my great-grandfather and his death certificate did not list the names of his parents nor a place of birth- just "USA". Would like to correspond with any descendants of William or any others with KEAGLE info. My records show that Edward did not have any children.
- FAYER posted by Stan Fayer on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Samuel Fayer ran a butter and egg business on the 300 block of South Street starting about 1895 , He had a half brother named Joe who also ran an egg business in the same area. In later years his son Abram and Abram's wife Rose ran a butter and egg consession at the old market at Second and South, and had a grocery store on Haddon Ave in Camden,N.J. Samuel also had another son named Harry Fayer who died in 1920. Any information anyone may have on any of the Fayer family would be greatly appreciated. Anything I have I would be willing to share.
- DEMEAUX, YOUNG posted by David Demeaux on Monday, September 15, 1997
- DEMEAUX, J.L. and Mae YOUNG. These are my father's (Jean Louis DEMEAUX) parents. I am told they came to Philadelphia from France about 1900 and both died there. They owned the land on which the naval yard was later built?? I have not been able to find any information about them. Does anyone have anything on this.
- BARBER, CLINGMAN posted by Robert. M Barber on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for the names of Uriah Barber's parents. He was born in Northumberland Co. Pa. in 1761. He fought in the Revolutionary War. He came home to Northumberland Co.after he served in the war. He found the family murdered, and the cabin burned.We have speculated that indians may have gotten the family. We do not know that for sure. It may have been the British. He married Barbara Clingman,moved to Phila.and had a large family. Barbara Clingman's father's name was John Michael Clingman, we think. In Aug of 1796, Uriah, Barbara and some of the children, along with several other families came down the Ohio River and settled Portsmouth, Ohio. Barbara died. He then married another lady,Rachel Beard, and had another family.
I have a considerable amount of information on our family back to Uriah. However, I can find nothing about his parents or from where they came.
Some information in Scioto County ,Ohio refers to Uriah as Major Uriah Barber.
Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Also.I would be very happy to share what I have with people in Northumberland, Co.
I have the names of his children for example.
Thany you very much for your help.
- ANDERSON, MASSEY posted by Angi St. Clair on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for Robert ANDERSON the first.
Born: abt 1640
Married: Cecelia MASSEY
Died: 1695, Philadelphia
Anyone have inforamtion on him or his wife?
- VAISVILLA, VOISVILA, WALSH posted by Dennis Walsh on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on Vaisvilla. They came to Philadelphia from Lithuania around 1900-1910. They changed their name to Walsh (more American?). They may have owned a farm around the Philadelphia area. I have pictures of the farm. Thank you.
- BIRDULA, MAKAREWICZ posted by JoAnn Evans Halpin on Monday, September 15, 1997
- MAKAREWICZ, Victor
Married to Petrouela BIRDULA
Iknow the family history of their children to date. Am looking for their marriage and birth records. Their first child was born in 1896
- BROSCHART posted by Mike Broschart on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I'm looking for any information about a Christian Broschart. The only information I have is that he was married to a Hannah Graves and he may have been the brother of a Henry Broschart of Washington Co., PA. Any information that you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
- MCMAHON posted by Marge Gaffney on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Searching for any info. on MCMAHON'S in Phila.PA.
Frank McMahon married to Evelyn CONOVER.
There children: FRANK McMAHON b. 1893 in Atlantic City NJ d. abt. 1969 m. Elizabeth Reily
VIOLIA McMAHON b. 1897 Phila. PA d. 1965 in Phila. PA. married to John GREER.
EVA MCMAHON b. 1901 d. 1978 in Atlantic City. married Walter Karlson or Carlson.
- PRENDERGAST posted by Marge Gaffney on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am searching for info. on any PRENDERGAST'S in Phila. PA. I have Catherine Prendergast b. abt. 1872 in Ireland married Willaim GAFFNEY in Phila. PA. 1895 2nd marriage to a David Smyth "Smith" in Phila. Catherine Died 1944 in Phila. I belive her mother was Marguerite. Catherine had brother Michael, Patrick and John Prendergast.
- GREER posted by Marge Gaffney on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am searching for any GREER'S in Philadelphia. PA. I have Humphrey Greer b. 1868 m. Catherine Friel/Freil/Geer. I know of two of there children: Thomas Greer and John A. Greer. John was b. 1894 d. 1970. John was married to Violia McMahon. They raised there children in Phila. PA.
- ENGLISH, FINE posted by Ronald W. English on Monday, September 15, 1997
- FINE, Annie L. m. Edwin Chase English 31 Oct 1908 at North Wales, PA lived in Phil, PA and believed died there after 1928.
Need Obit. and children.
- MCCAULEY, MCDEVITT posted by Pat McDevitt on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Looking for info on Mary Agnes McCauley who immigrated from Drumfin, County Sligo, in May of 1851. Allegedly came aboard a ship named "Mohongo". Met her uncle, Thomas Keane, in Philadelphia. Mr. Keane lived at 1504 N Front St. (?). Mr. Keane was the father of the Rev. Francis J. Keane and Sister Mary Anastasia of the Sisters of St. Joseph. Later married John McDevitt, from County Donegal, Ireland.
Trying to confirm info on the back of an old family photo. The back of the photo reads, "MCCAULEY Homestead, 3854 No. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA". The picture shows a 3 story wooden building with a shop on the first floor. There are several identifying signs. The first hangs above an open window and reads, "Refreshment Stand". Next to it is a hanging "Supplee Ice Cream" sign. Below the window is a sign that reads, "GRUBERS Beverages". Any info on this photo would be sincerely appreciated.
- HITCHCOCK, TOY, WELDON posted by Sheila Kathryn Barr Helser on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for Gladys or Marion HITCHCOCK 1227 E. Venango St. Philadelphia. They would be my great aunts or cousins. Also my greatgrandmother was Kathryn WELDON. She was married to William Major TOY. All of these people were born in Philadelphia.
- BEEBE, BRUNNER posted by Geoff Brunner on Monday, September 15, 1997
- My father, Alphonse A(nthony). Born Philadelphia (Torresdale area) 11/21/1897, died 8/1977 Ardmore, Montgomery Co. At least one brother Frank or Francis. Possibly a sister who died very young. Owned Keystone Blue Paper Co., 13th and Arch Sts., Phila. 1917 to mid 70's. Buried in family plot West Laurel Hill.
My Mother, Edith ? Fry. Birth unknown, died 1949 or 50 in Phila. Beebe was a part of her family name in Upper Darby area.
- SAYRE, ZEARFUSS posted by Dennis Clark on Monday, September 15, 1997
- William P SAYRE (born abt 1840) married Ella V ZEARFUSS (b.1865) and lived in Germantown, Phila. William apparently served in the Civil War in Hancock's 1st Germantown Army (N &I 172d to F 183d). William's father may have been Charles. Ella's father was David R Zearfuss (b.1837 in PA). They show up together in the 1910 census, but that's about all the info I have. They are my wife's great grandparents.
I could not reach Nancy Meyers, who posted the Dec 1996 posting for ZEARFOSS.
- GIBSON, SMITH posted by Richard Smith on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I am looking for info on grt. grandparents - WILLIAM R. SMITH (formerly a SCHMIDT) who lived in Germantown Pa during the 1880's & up. Immigrated from Germany. born ?, died Philadelphia county no date. His wifes name was MARY GIBSON, died in Philadelphia, Pa.
1. RAYMOND SMITH died in childhood
2. MARY SMITH died in childhood
3. WILLIAM ROBERT SMITH b: Feb. 27, 1887 Germantown, Pa. d: Mar. 5, 1961 Camden, NJ married: MARGARET IRENE KANE...Boston, Mass. b: May 18, 1888..Lowell, Mass. d: April 1942....Philadelphia, Pa. daughter of: PATRICK KANE & MARION MALLOY who immigrated from Ireland.
4. * possibly more siblings
Info on any names listed is greatly appreciated.
- TRESLER, TRESSLER, TRUSLER posted by Cheryl Trusler on Monday, September 15, 1997
- John Peter TRESLER (TRUSLER, TRESSLER) arrived Philadelphia 10/25/1748 most likely on ship Patience and Margaret. Does anyone know where I might locate the ship's passenger list? Has anyone heard of this man or his relatives?
- WACKES posted by Ken Wackes on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Karl (Charles) Louis Wackes, 1862-(1918?). I have been unable to obtain the exact date of death (c. 1918 in flu epidemic) of Karl (Charles) Louis Wackes who lived in Philadelphia c. 1904-1918. He owned a dairy business, Charles L. Wackes and Son.
- ARUNDEL posted by Gary Arundel on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking info on Arundel surname. Arundels lived in Philadelphia from at least 1792-1910. Nearly all of the males were attorneys. Possibly members of Christ Church. If anyone else has a connection with the Arundel surname, please contact me.
- CONWAY, ERWIN, PARKER, RYAN posted by John A Erwin III on Monday, September 15, 1997
- I'm just starting. I'm looking for information on lineage for the following
- BECK, MERRIFIELD posted by Twila Beck on Monday, September 15, 1997
- Seeking any info for JEREMIAH BECK, Shoe Apprentice in Philadelphia-1759; married DINAH MERRIFIELD, 1765 Philadelphia. JEREMIAH BECK was born 1740, Wales. Immigrated to America in 1756, possibly from London, England.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project