- CHAMLESS posted by Susan Hynes on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on the ancestors of Rebecca CHAMLESS born abt. 1732 married John WHARTON
- FITZWATER, HOGG posted by Susan Hynes on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Peregrine HOGG who married Mary FITZWATER, daughter of George FITZWATER of Hamworth Eng. Peregine died in London after spending many years in Philadelphia. Their daughter Mary HOGG married September 14, 1757 James WHARTON. Mary was born 1737 and died Philadelphia April 1772, Six children
- HARNESS, HARNISCH, HARNISS posted by Kathy Anderson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on Heinerich HARNISCH (HARNISS or HARNESS). He came from Rotterdam Holland to Philadelphia on board the Saint Andrew. He was originally from the Rhineland or Palatine area of Germany. His mother's name was Anna BURKHALTER. Father's name unknown. While in Pa he married Anna someoneorother.
Thank you for your help.
Jesus loves you!
- FRAMPTON posted by Vivian Brandal on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for any informatin on William Frampton. He became a Quaker and came to America with William Penn or shortly after. He was a big landowner in New York and was associated with the Oyster Bay and later on he became a landowner in Philadelphia and at one time owned where the public wharf is or was situated. Then later on he became one of the Registors General of Pennsylvania under William Penn and was Keeper of the Great Seal. He was married to Elizabeth Potter and I have found her to have married a second time. They had three children, Elizabeth, Sarah and Thomas. My ancestor is from Thomas. Thomas married Elizabeth Ellis and they also had three children, Hannah, John and a child that died in infancy. John married Elizabeth Critchfield and they had 8 children. They may have all lived in Philadelphia and then sometime moved to Clarion County and MIfflin County as this is where I have found most of them.
- ROSS posted by Melanie Miller on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information pertaining to a Rose ROSS(maiden name Anderson), born around 1924 married to a Clarence Ross. Also, would like any info pertaining to any of her children Ethel,Rose,Clarence,Richard,Donald,or Morris who if alive would range in age from 44-53 years of age. I am inquiring for Patricia Ross,also a daughter of Rose Ross who was left at Monson State Hospital in Dec. 1959.
- TARPY posted by Tom Tarpy on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Tarpy, John Michael. Born c. 1840 Tuam, County Galway. Arrived in Phila, PA c. 1848. Shows up in 1850 NJ Census page 241 (may or may not be same person). Naturalized on 11 Nov 1864. Looking for any and all info available.
- LAIRD, WOOD posted by Alicia Williams on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking any information on my great-great grandparents James LAIRD b. Sept.1861 in Philadelphia. Both parents were born in Scotland. His wife's name was Mary Ellen WOOD b. March 1867 in Phil.. Her father was born in Virginia and her mother was born in England. They had a son John Thomas LAIRD b. February 27, 1895 in Phil. 3
- HOCH posted by Cheryl Watson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Texas cousin seek contact with descendants of brothers Otto and Gustav HOCH who immigrated from Gonningen, Germany about 1870. They were living in Philadelphia area in 1900 census and still in 1926 when their brother Carl Edward HOCH died in San Antonio.
- PIERZCHALA, PIESZCHALA, TURCZAK posted by Laura Church on Friday, August 15, 1997
- John Piezchala was married to Angela(Aniela) Turczak and lived at 127 Ellen St. Ward 16,Philadephia Co. They had two daughters. Mary born Feb.02,1925 and Janina born Feb.03,1927. Both John and Aniela were born in Poland. Janina, my mother, was baptised at ST. Laurentius Church on Berks St.,Phila. on Feb.27,1927. Her sponsors were Joseph Noga and Anna Krawacka.
- JOHNSON, RICKEY posted by Twila Beck on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am seeking any info for Elias JOHNSON b. 8 Nov. 1810, s/o Elias JOHNSON and Sarah RICKEY who were married 30 June 1800 in Philadelphia.
Elias and Sarah (Rickey) Johnson were in Lower Dublin Twp., Philadelphia County, PA on the 1810 census.
- MCINTOSH posted by Norman Michael McIntosh on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information you have on WILLIAM MCINTOSH. I have found one bit of information pointing to the U.S. Works Project Administration index to Records of Aliens Declaration of Intent Vol. 8 M page 355, 1846 Philadelphia. I have not seen this page. Any information that you could find would be greatly appreciated.
- MCCRORY, RODGERS posted by Lynda Williams on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Am seeking information on Howard McCRORY and Marie RODGERS. In May of 1915 they lived at 2203 Spring Garden Street,Philadelphia. Howard McCRORY was born in Maine and Marie Rodgers was born in Philadelphia. Need information on who their parents were and where they moved to when they left Philadelphia.Any help appreciated.
- HOLMES, RICHMOND, THOMAS posted by Donald Loarie on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for information regarding the ancestors or descendants of Tom Richmond's four daughters who immigrated to Philadelphia from Scotland in 1900:
i. Margaret Richmond Holmes b. 1889 m. Fred Holmes
ii. Jean Richmond had issue
iii. Jen Richmond b. 1896
iv. Sarah Richmond Thomas
- BURNS posted by Marie Turnbull on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for informatiom on a minister by the name of GEORGE J. BURNS. He married my great grandparents in 1895. The name of the church was not readable on the microfilm of the marriage license. I'm trying to find the church in the hopes that I can find more family records. I do not know what denomination they were. Thanks for any help.
- ENT, HAAS posted by Lynn E. Applegate on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on Theobald ENT who was born in Germantown, PA in Philadelphia County in 1737. He married Mary HAAS in 1766 and they had 10 children between 1767 and 1788. There children were: Charles, Mary, Sarah, sybella, Elizabeth, George Washington, Theobald, Jr., Susanna, James and John. Theobald died in 1794 and is buried in Germantown, PA.
Any information on this family would be appreciated.
- MAAG posted by Kathie Groll on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Researching Maag family name in PA in late 1700's. Trying to find a connection between Maag family and a Winnemore/Winemore family.
- BECKVERMIT posted by Dale Hall on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information on John BECKVERMIT who was a pitcher for the PHILLADELPHIA A's in the early 1900's I don't know if he played Major or Minor League. Does anyone know HOW I could find out this information?. Thank You
- HEDDERLY posted by John Hedderly on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for any information on the HEDDERLY family. George HEDDERLY migrated to New York city ca.1794 from Nottingham, England, and set up as a bellfounder. Around 1800 he relocated to Philadelphia. Bells cast by him ca 1805 were hung in courthouses in NC. Any reference to his descendants, who lived in Pa throughout the 19C. appreciated.
- HOAGLAND, LOVETT posted by Mike Rossi on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Am researching HOAGLAND and LOVETT. My maternal grandfather, Edward Francis HOAGLAND (b.abt 1890-d.1962) married Helen LOVETT(b.?-d.1936). They had 2 daughters, my mother,Kathleen HOAGLAND(b.1924-d.1978) and my aunt, Marie HOAGLAND(b.1925-d.1992).
The only thing I have before Edward is sketchy. I believe his father was named Harry HOAGLAND. From what I remember, he was a turn of the century cop for the Phila. P.D., and had a reputation as a bully. He lived within sight of Girard College. Edward moved to Somerton where he married Helen LOVETT. I was told that the HOAGLAND/LOVETT side of my family has Philly roots back to the 17th century, but I've hit a stone wall. Any help greatly appreciated.
- EVARD posted by Helen Burch on Friday, August 15, 1997
- EVARD, Andrew, Edward and Alfred - all lived in Montgomery County in the 1800's, and their names are recorded in census records from 1830 on in Abington Township. Alfred (sometimes the name is "Albert") was born in 1844. He later lived in Philadelphia. Alfred is my great grandfather. He told my mother he fought in the Civil War at Gettysburg. He died around the 1920's. I am looking for anything and everything about the Evard family. Can you help me?
- MACFALL, MACFAUL, MACVAUGH, MCFALL, MCFAUL, MCVAUGH posted by Ed MacVaugh on Friday, August 15, 1997
- My family dates from the 1720's in the Germantown, Flourtown, and Jenkintown areas as well as the city proper.
Occupations were as waggoners for the patriots in the Revolutionary War to textile workers to cigar makers by the beginning of the 1900's as well as trades such as carpenters. Any help would be appreciated.
- MILLER posted by Victoria Robinson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- My query is not about a person but rather I have a bible that I am trying to date. Can anyone provide infomration about when Edward W. MILLER of 1102 and 1104 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, published bibles. The frontspiece of my bible,reads: "The Holy bible, containing the Old and New Testaments, together with the Apocrypha: Translated out of the Original Tongues, with the former translations diligantly compared and revised. To which is appended, a Concordance, the Psalms of David in Metre, an Index, Tables, and Other Useful Matters. The text conformable to the standard of the American Bible Society." BTW, I looked at a map and see that today, the Jefferson Park Hospital stands across the street from where this bible was published.
- FARIES posted by Richard J Griffith on Friday, August 15, 1997
- We are looking for other Faries reseachers who may be able to link with some of my ancestors listed below.
Direct Descendants of Alexander Dumont Faries
1 Alexander Dumont Faries b: Abt. 1810 in Delaware d: Unknown
..+Margaret Dobson b: Abt. 1815 in Philadelphia Pa d: Unknown
.....2 Caroline Faries b: July 28, 1835 in Philadelphia, Pa d: May 15, 1919
.....2 Emma Faries b: 1841 in Philadelphia, Pa d: Aft. 1880
- CAMPBELL posted by Kathleen Goodwin on Friday, August 15, 1997
- CAMPBELL, MARGARET (Maggie), wife of Charles DeMaine, born March 2, 1882 Ireland. She is the daughter of Condy and Susan Campbell of Donegal, Ireland. Her siblings are James P., Cornelius, Mary, John J., Anthony and Hugh Campbell. Maggie and family came to America in 1885 and settled in the coal region of PA before coming to Philadelphia about 1900. This family lived in Philadelphia in St. Michael's Parish at 2nd & Jefferson Sts. Anyone willing to share information, please contact me.
- EVANS posted by Marie Evans Davis on Friday, August 15, 1997
- LOTT EVANS, b. 1643 in Wales, died at sea on his way to America about 1683.
His wife, Jane, and children, Thomas, Charles and Lott or John Evans survived the trip and settled at Philadelphia.
Lott Evans was a friend of William Penn and probably bought land from Penn before he left Wales.
Would much appreciate any information you can give me.
- TAYLOR posted by Eleanor Lovett on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Search for Ernest Taylor Married a Pearl she died and he married a Alma Gordon about 1968 they lived in Phila on Ringgold St. Try to locate one of there living relatives. I am a cousin.
Any information would be greatful
- KILGORE posted by S. Joyce Stimson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on William E. KILGORE, married Grace (Unknown), had a daughter ?. William lived in Phila. from 1940's forward. He was born in Al. circa 1905.
Also, Joseph H. KILGORE, he married Elizabeth A.(Betty) (Unknown), she died April 11, 1960, no children. He then married Marie (Unknown). He lived in Phila. from 1940's forward. He was born in AL. circa 1909.
I am the daughter of their brother Charlie.
- KASTLE posted by Jennifer Kastle on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for the family roots of the Kastle family, probably Christian Kastle who entered the port of Philadelphia in the late 1800s.
- HOLBY posted by Robert L. Holby on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I'm searching for information regarding any of the Holby families living in Philadelphia in the early 1800's. Especially the William Holby families. There seems to be more than one in the area at the time, and I'm having trouble placing who goes with who. I've found a William and Maria Kelly Holby, a William Vernon and Charlotte Worrell Holby and a couple others. If anyone would have any information to help me straightn this out it would be greatly appreciated.
- MCELROY posted by Cathy Malone on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am researching the McElroy name. My great grandmother's name was Margaret McElroy. I believe she was born in Philadelphia. I am currently researching that as I am waiting for her death certificate to be mailed to me. Her family was from County Armagh. . She died at the end of 1928 in Philadelphia, PA at age 52. This puts her date of birth at about 1876.
She died of gangrene due to diabetes. She was married to Frank Burkey. They had three children. Frank died as a baby. Helen (my grandmother) was born 11/22/05, died January 1958 at age 52 of colin cancer. Another son, Edward (not sure of birth date) died in the 1960's.
Helen Burkey married James Ortlieb in 1924. They had three children - Margaret, James and Frank. James is my father. If you have any information on Margaret McElroy, I would appreciate you contacting me. Thanks.
- MILLER posted by Beckie Rawdon on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am seeking information on Charles Albert MILLER born on 21 Jun 1885 in Philadelphia, PA. In the birth records I have found an unnamed MILLER baby born on this date but it is a girl. All the others do not have the right date or name. He had one known brother John MILLER b. in Jan 1879. Both ended up out west. Other possible siblings are Marie, Pauline, Christiane, Willhelm, Mathilda, and Ernest. Mother's possible name is supposed to be Christiane REHM and the father is John MILLER. I can not find this family in either the 1900 or 1880 census. Does anyone know anything about this family? Any information as to where to look further in Philadelphian records would be greatly appreciated. So would any information on these individuals. Thank you
- VIRTUE posted by Marie Turnbull on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I'm looking for the parents of SARA VIRTUE born Sept 9, 1877 in Philadelphia. Thanks,
- LANGDALE posted by Melody McCook on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for any information on the LANGDALE family. Josiah LANGDALE, born 12/18/1739 to John and Sarah HUDSON LANGDALE. Josiah was grandson of Quaker minister from Bridlington, Yorkshire, also named Josiah LANGDALE, and of William HUDSON, Jr., of Philadelphia. Philadelphia Monthly meeting disowned Josiah in 1764 for marrying out of unity.
- BLABON posted by Irving Blabon on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am continuing to reasearch the BLABON Family. George W. BLABON owned a large factory in the "Nicetown" area of Philadelphia. It was later sold to Armstrong Corporation. One of his son's George Roscoe Blabon moved out to California in the 1870's. I am searching for George Roscoe Blabon's mother and his birth place.
- GABRICK, MATTOCK, RANKEN, SCHIMPF posted by Michael Warren Schimpf on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I would be very excited to establish contact with anyone who is related to me through the people listed below!
My great grandparents Frank SCHIMPF and Cecelia GABRICK who married in 1902 in North Philly, possibly in St. George's Church around Allegheny and Thompson. They gave birth to my grandfather, Francis Joseph SCHIMPF on 25 JUL 1907 while living on Tilton St.
I don't have much on Frank SCHIMPF other than he was born around 1872 in Lithuania and immigrated to the U.S. in 1890. He is listed in the 1910 census as a leather works staker.
Cecelia's family moved to Philly from Germany around 1883. Her mother's name was Julia (father's name unknown) and 5 of the 7 children were John (b. Dec 1871 in Germany), Peter (b. Dec 1883 in Germany), Cecelia (b. May 1885 in Philly), Rosa (b. Apr 1887), and Andrew (b. June 1889). They were living on Thompson Street in 1900.
My g g grandfather, John Frederick G. RANKEN was born in PA (probably Philly) in Jan 1853. He married Emma R. MATTOCK on 07 MAR 1881 and they had 4 children. Charlotte (b. Dec 1881), Morris (b. 1884), Maude S. (b. 1890), and William Lincoln RANKEN (b. May 1892). I don't know anything about John's parents or siblings so I would greatly appreciate any information someone might have.
Emma R. MATTOCK was the daughter of Charles MATTOCK (b. c. 1825 in Ireland) and Elizabeth (b. c. 1828 in England). They had at least 6 children. Joseph (b. Dec 1848 in Boston), Charles (b. c. 1852 in Philly), Robert (b. c. 1845 in Philly), Mary E. (b. 1858), Emma R. (b. 1860), Sarah (b. 1864).
- MULLIKIN posted by Susan J. Oshman on Friday, August 15, 1997
- MULLIKIN, JOHN...born in Philly around 1800...I am seeking any info on him. He may have moved to Vermont later on...the info I have is quite sketchy. If you have any info on him, I would appreciate hearing from you.
- BECKER posted by Kay Archey on Friday, August 15, 1997
- "COLONEL HENRY BECKER of Philadelphia was so insenced with his relivates, he leased for 99 years, allof his property so none of them could inherit it." "They came from Pennsylvania at the time of the Revolutiuonary War in the 1770's as they were called loyalists." This is on the top of a Family Tree that has been pasted down, and the rest of the rumor is that the land was a part of Philadelphia
- LEFEVRE, WENTZ posted by Ken Thompson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking info on PETER WENTZ SR. b. 1680 Germany and immigrating to Worcester twnshp Phila Co. Married ELIZABETH L......, eleven known children. Interested in learning of PETER'S siblings to determine what line ANNA CHRISTINA WENTZ was from, she married JOHANNES LEFEVRE SR. in early 1700's. Any knowledge of these two families and proof of their relationship will be appreciated.
- SCHNEIDER posted by John A. Hellriegel on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on my grandmothers family. Her maiden name was Mary Schneider, born Jan. 15, 1889 in Philadelphia. Her father was John G. Schneider, born May 2, 1866 in Pennsylvainia. Her mother was Mary Ramsey, born June 17, 1868 in Ireland. I am looking for information on her grandparents.
- INGRAM, LESHER posted by Diane M. Butcher on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on my Great Grandparents, Joseph Franklin Ingram and Elizabeth P. Lesher. Joseph Franklin was born 22 February 1866 and Elizabeth P. Lesher was born in 1866. They had 10 children, Joseph L., Sarah E., Jeanette A., Florence, Ida A., Emma M., Franklin, Marie E., George W., Mary. Anyone with information on this family, please contact me.
- DAVIS posted by Diane M. Butcher on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am researching for information on my Great Grandfather, William W. Davis, b. December 1869 in Philadelphia. William married a woman named Jennie and they had four children: Genevieve, Wilbert, Louis E. and Charles Allen. Anyone with information please contact me.
- KOHLER, KOLLER posted by Diane M. Butcher on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on my Great Grandparents, Conrad (Konrad) Koller b. 25 January 1860 in Germany and Marianna Merkert b. 08 December 1860. They had six children: William, Frank, Conrad, Philomenia (Minnie), Paul and Herman. My Great Grandparents ancestors were from Bayerdilling, Germany. If anyone has information on the Koller family, please contact me.
- FACKLER, RAU, WITSCHI posted by Barbara Mayo-Wells on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on RAU family connections. John Frederick RAU (1841-1910), coal merchant and director of Masonic Home. His brothers George RAU (dates unknown) and William Herman RAU (1855-1920?) were photographers; William achieved national prominence for his railroad photography. John F. RAU married Mary Elizabeth FACKLER (1843-1906) of Camden NJ. This branch of the RAU family had prior-generation relatives in Ephrata, PA. One may have been named Peter RAU. Another married .... WITSCHI, from the Swiss canton of Bern.
- DALY posted by Jean Fullerton on Friday, August 15, 1997
- DALY, BERNARD BYRON. My grandfather arrived in Philadelphia with his father Peter Daly and his mother Margaret Ann McAleer Daly in 1860 from Omagh, Northern Ireland. They settled in Philadelphia where they were known to have other relatives living. There may have been other brothers and sisters with him: Francis, John, Bridget, Peter, James, Michael, and Patrick, and possibly more. I would be interested in any information about any of this family and also about the cemetery where Peter and Margaret are buried. Thank you very much for any help you might give.
- REJMIAK, STANKIEWICZ, THOMAS posted by Rene Stankiewicz on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for info on any of these's names. they are all for the Kensington Philadelphia areas any one with any info would be greatlly apreciated thank you
- GOLDMAN, SITLER posted by Marion F. Ricker on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Would like to make contact with someone in Philadelphia that can furnish info. on LUCILE SITLER wife of HARRY GOLDMAN .. Lucile was killed in auto accident near Marion, So. Car. around 1929-30. She had two brothers (from Charleston, S.C.) that was living in Philly at that time. Names: Charlie and Leroy Sitler..
- ROULEAU posted by Patricia Rouleau on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Joseph Rouleau married Anna Bader in Philadelphia in 1877. His brother, Francis, and wife, Elizabeth were also there. Joseph moved away before 1900, but Francis remained and had daughters Laura Blanche and Lilyan, and sons, Frank and Albert.I would like to find any ancestors of Francis and his children. Laura married Calvin Mohr Bertolet in 1907. I have no other information. Thanks for any help.
- LANG, NETH posted by Richard W. Conrad on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I'm interested in data and ancestry for:
- George Lang, b.8 Jun 1833/35 - Germany, d.abt 1913 - Philadelphia
- wife: Margaret Neth, b. 8 Jun 1833/34 - Germany
- children: Mary, Agnes, Rose/Rosa, David, John, Margaretta, Charles
- (all born in Philadelphia)
- John Lang,b. 4 May 1865 at 8 Sutton St., Philadelphia, d.20 Mar 1948 - Dekalb,IL
- wife: Louise Adelaide Bertschinger, b.31 Aug 1869 - Quincy, IL
- SLAW posted by Robert Slaw Sr on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Searching for the maiden names .
Frederick Slaw's Mary 1801 1882
Charles D Slaw's Rose 1841 1915
Both lived around Belmont Ave and City Line Ave
- CONRAD, GEISER posted by Robin Sutherland on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Margaret Ann CONRAD, b. June 7, 1871, Sunbury, PA and married a GEISER of Philadelphia. Need more information on Margaret, her husband and descendants.Did she move to Philadelphia?
- HARTLEY posted by Lynda Campbell on Friday, August 15, 1997
- LOOKUP BUCKS CTY
Who were his parents?
Michael was born August 15, 1771
Michael died December 10, 1841 - burried in Philadelphia, PA
Michael married Mary Rowland
- DARRAGH, DARROUGH posted by Shelley Newman on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Am seeking any information on the Darragh-Darrough families that lived in Philadelphia in the late 1700's &early 1800's. Thank you.
- HYATT posted by Roger Paige Lindgren on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Searching for information on ancestors of Samuel Hyatt born 1821, birthplace unknown, and his wife Ann Elizabeth Austin born in England in 1830, their five children were William Paige, my great-great grandfather, Marshall, Charles, Helen and Hattie. Their three oldest children were born in the Philadelphia area. I have much information on most of the children to share.
- BRIAN posted by Carl R. Bryan on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am seeking information on my G.G. Grandfather TERRENCE BRIAN born 1790 lived in PA. and moved to Ohio before 1820. He had a son Francis and I belive a brother Arthur and sister Sara. I have found a Terrence Brian in the Philadelphia Census of 1773 and hope there is a connection.
- BUTTHOFF, DWYER posted by Edward Kenna on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Information on Irish immigrant great-grand parents. First names unknown, but William and Joanna are possibilities. Their children born in Philadelphia: Mary .. 1868, Anna .. 1873, Margaret .. 1878. Lived vicinity of 7-17th Streets by Diamond-Lehigh. Great-grand mother Mary Butthoff, wife of Christopher Flynn, a Philadelphia barber, in vicinity of 4-7th Streets by Dauphin-Ontario. Also siblings, Joseph and Christine.
- FUNK, HIRSCH posted by Jym Dyer on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am seeking information about the family of my gggrandmother, Catherine FUNK. Her father's name was John W. FUNK, who owned Funk Transportation in Philadelphia, PA from 1842 to 1850, a horse-drawn trolley system.
She was born on 25-Jun-1844. Her birthplace is a matter of dispute: According to the marriage records of the First German Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Pittsburgh, PA she was born in Philadelphia. The 1920 census, on the other hand, lists Louisiana as her place of birth.
Catherine married John Christian HIRSCH in Pittsburgh, and I have lots of information about the descendents of that union.
- FRANKENBERGER, NYE, STOVER posted by Beatrice Ann Murdaugh on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Am looking for Rowland Nye approx DOB 1890's married to Mary Ann Frankenberger, daug of Chauncey C. Frankenberger and Katie Carson. Chauncey was the son of Henry Frankenberger and Anna Stover, Centre Co., Penna.
Am also looking for my g-uncle Chauncey Clay Frankenberger, DOB April 23, 1915. Believed to be living in Philadelphia,Penna. Would like to know if alive and where living.
- ADOPLH, REAVER, RIEBER posted by Dennis Reaver on Friday, August 15, 1997
- John ADOPLH married Eva Margaretha RIEBER 19 Mar 1758 in Germantown. They had a son Jacob ADOLPH, born 26 June 1758. Looking for additional information regarding this family.
RIEBER-REAVER family, arrived in Philadelphia from Wurttenberg, Oct 1749. looking for any and all information on this family. will share what I have.
- FOX, SCHRACK posted by Abigail Johnson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Am seeking information about SAMUEL SCHRACK b.about 1810 and married MARY FOX 26 May 1829. They moved to Clinton County Pa where they are listed on the 1860 Federal Census. Any info will be appreciated.
- SWEET posted by Patricia Vollberg on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Would like any information on a WILLIAM A. SWEET born in Philadelphia in October 1860. Noting the tradition of naming sons after a father or grandfather , his sons names are as follows, Remmo, Harry, Charles, and William. He was married around 1865 to a Emma Wilson of Ohio and they moved to Chicago. Need any and all information on this person as I have nothing but a birth date and some census records from Chicago.
- BAMBRICK, CONROY, DONNELLY, LUSK posted by Linda Donnelly on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Searching for information on James Bambrick, James Donnelly, Helen Conroy, James Lusk. They were in Philadelphia 1890-1930? I am interested in any family or decendants of the above names, or anybody working on these lines.
- HAHN, HUGHES, MACKLE posted by Debbie Orner on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Hi I am helping a friend with his genealogy, he is just getting started, and he has no computer, that is way I come in. I told him that I would put a few queries in and we will see what happens. He is researching the MACKLE, and related families of the Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, thanking you in advance for any help.
James J. MACKLE born Sept. 15, 1879 unknown where, he was a tug boat Capt. he married Elizabeth M. HUGHES, on Feb. 4, 1904 in Philadelphia, she was born in 1887, unknown where, James died in 1950, and she in 1936 they had at least 5 children, all born in Philadelphia, PA. sometime after the children were born they moved to Centre County, PA. Pine Glen area. James is buried in the Advent Cem, Pine Glen, Centre Co., PA. Here are their children.
1. James J. MACKLE, Jr. 1905-1980, m. Anne TRUITT
2. Charles A. MACKLE 1907-1981, m. Grace ?
3. Margaret R. MACKLE 1912-?, m. John P. Friel
4. Mary MACKLE 1910-? ?????????
5. Rose C. MACKLE 1921- m. Luther W. HAHN ,
Luther's parents were Daniel C. and Mary E. FORCE HAHN, Daniel and Mary had 5 children all born in Pine Glen, Centre Co., PA
Thanks again for any help
- MILES posted by Ida May Milligan on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for a Carson Miles or his wife Annie Young Miles. They are buried in Marshallton Cem. Does any one out there have access or know were I can find a microfilm of this paper called Manayunk Review. He died on July 16, 1874 Annie on Nov. 3,1887. I am hopeing to find a obituary notice. Thank you.
- BERNARD, BLANKENMEYER, BOWMAN posted by Dennis Blankenmeyer on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for descendents of ABRAM & EMMA (BLANKENMEYER) BOWMAN. EMMA remarries a GEORGE BERNARD in 1925.
- RIDER, TAYLOR posted by Wanda Rider Lowe on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for information of the Rev. John S. Taylor, Meth. minister at ME Mariner's Church, Philadelphia Conference. He was there from 1843-1846. From there we skip to Amanda Plowman Rider, my grandmother, who died in Philadelphia and is buried in PA. in 1901. My grandfather attended dental school, born around 1870 and died in 1933 or 1934. He was Charles Beaston Rider who was born in Maryland.
- DANGLEMAN, STRUBLE posted by Ginny Walton on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Searching for info on James c. DANGLEMAN b. 1851; also his wife Clara HARRISON DANGLEMAN, and William STRUBLE b. abt 1812 .
- BEATTY, CROSSIN, DARRAGH, RANSING posted by Peggy Ransing Lupica on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Information on RANSING, BEATTY, CROSSIN, DARRAGH family names. All these names are from the Philadelphia area. The Beatty and the Whealin name are my Maternal Grandparents, Willian Joseph Beatty and Alice Marie Whealin. I am told that their families had been in the area for over 100 yrs. The name Ransing is my Maiden name. My father was Charles Jerome Ransing II. His mother was Margaret Gardner Crossin. I am looking for any info on any of these people. Thanks.
- LINUS, LYNAS, LYNUS posted by Jane Bernard Williams on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for information regarding Thomas Linus. He lived in Newprovidence, Philadephia County, Pennsylvania before 1741. He may also have lived in Chester County, Newgarden. His wife maybe Jane ?. He is listed as the father of Vilaeta Linus in the marriage certificate when she married Robert Hill at Newgarden Meeting House Chester Co, Pennsylvania in September 1741.
Apparently Robert and Vilaeta Hill moved to what is now Franklin County, Virginia about 1746 or 47. Thomas Linus and John Linus appear in the same area as land owners. Robert Hill was the executor of the estate of Thomas Lynus in Pittsylvania.
I am a 6th granddaughter of Thomas thru Robert and Vilaeta's daughter Ruth Hill who married Walter Bernard in Henry County, Virginia.
Will exchange information. Also there are a large group of cousins of various Robert/Vilaeta Hill children who are attempting to clear many points about these folks. Would love to know country of origin, etc. Have not been able to locate how Thomas Linus arrived in America. Was he a Quaker?
Thanks for any help.
- BLACKWELDER, BUSHART, CLINE, CRESS, KRESS, KRIDER, LEYERLY, MISENHEIMER, POOL, QUILMAN, REITER, SCHUCK, SOSSAMAN posted by Susan Peters Zmrzel on Friday, August 15, 1997
- My maternal 6th. great grandfather is Johann Jakob MISENHEIMER b. 1720 in, most likely, Pfalz County, Germany, d. 1801 in Cabarrus Co., NC, married 16 Nov 1746 in Trappe, Montgomery Co., PA or this was Philadelphia Co. to Margaretha REITER (d. 1781/1801 in Cabarrus Co., NC).
Johann and Margaretha had the following children:
1. Johannes b. 21 Aug 1747 in Trappe, Montgomery Co., PA, married first Catherine BUSHART, second Rachel POOL and third Catherine SOSSAMAN
2. George b. 16 Nov 1748 Philadelphia, PA, d. 10 Jun 1824 NC, married Sarah KRIDER
3. Jacob b. 1752 in PA, married 3 May 1779 in Rowan Co., NC to Elizabeth KRESS/CRESS (these are my 5th. great grandparents)
4. Ann Margaretha b. 1754 PA, married 1 Dec 1772 Montgomery Co., PA to Johannes SCHUCK
5. Peter b. 1755 in Philadelphia Co., PA, d. 1835 NC, married to Magdalena (CLINE?)
6. Katherine b. 1758 in Philadelphia Co., PA, married in NC to Zachariah LEYERLY
7. Abraham b. 10 Jul 1761 Trappe, Montgomery Co., PA, married in NC to Margaret CLINE
8. Maria b. 22 Apr 1764 in Reading, Berks, PA, married to George CLINE
9. Elizabeth b. 26 Aug 1766 in Colebrookdale, Berks Co., PA, d. 25 Jan 1825 in NC, married in NC to Martin BLACKWELDER
10. Barbara b. 1767/68 Colebrookdale, Berks Co., PA, married first to Peter QUILMAN Jr., second to Elias HOUSE, third to Christopher LEYERLY.
- BRAND, BRANDT posted by Alicia Williams on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Searching for father of Martha Gardiner Brand/Brandt, daughter of Mary (Gardiner) Brand/Brandt. Martha/Patty Brand/Brandt was a doctress in Philadelphia 1810 plus/minus. Born about 1755. Mother remarried Alexander Elmslie.
- BENNETT, HAMER, HAMMER, HAMOR posted by Tonya L. Thurman on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on Allen HAMER (Hamor) who married Margaret Bennett in a Presbyterian Church in Phil. PA, in April of 1842. Margaret was suppose of be of Scotch Irish ancestory. Her parents were beleived to have been born in Maryland. Allen HAMER was suppose to have come from a semi-wealthy family that opposed his marriage to Margaret. As a result, the couple relocated to Missouri, where they remained until their deaths. Allen HAMOR served in the Union Army during the Civil War, and Margaret drew a widow's pension after his death.
Thanks for your help
- LEEDS posted by Charles Leeds on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am searching for any information on the LEEDS family in or near Philadelphia, up to the mid 1900's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- BOUNTY, LABONTE, LABOUNTY, RAEMORE, RAMER posted by Emily Raemore on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for info on a Joseph LaBonte/LaBounty/Bounty who was born 1826-1836 probably in upstate NY near Lake Champlain, to French or French Quebec parents. He ran away from home at age 13 and located in Philadelphia, later moving to Lycoming Co. PA where he became a logger and was Joseph Ramer/Raemore. Joseph had a sister who married a Wanamaker in Philadelphia, and I'm looking for anybody related to the sister, because that may be the only way to find anything about Joseph. If anybody thinks they can help with the LaBonte/Wanamaker connection, I would greatly apprecaite it. Thank you!
- CARR, MCMENAMIN posted by Stafford J. Keer on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on my ancestors who lived in the Fairmount section in the late 1899's. My Ggrandfather was John McMenamin m. to Catherine Carr. John returned to Ireland around the turn of the century leaving family in Phila.
- CALDWELL posted by Jeanne Armstrong on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on J.A.Caldwell. He was my husbands grt.grt.grandfather on his mothers side. He published at least two knox co. Ohio atlas. in the 1896 edition gives information that it was published by E.R. Caldwell Philadelphia 1896. printed by F.Bourquin 31 so.6th st. Philadelphia. A.H.Mueller engraver Philadelphia. Copyright secured 1896 by E.R.Caldwell Philadelphia. I would welcome any information on either of the two Caldwells. J.A. Caldwell is burried here in knox co.ohio as they made their home with their daughter in later years. J.A. s obituary names his father as Alexander Caldwell of Washington co. Penn. thank you.
- SISTY posted by Harold Davis Hilton on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on John SISTY born 1760 in Philadelphia, d. 1801, buried First Baptist Cemetery, Philadelphia. We do not know his parents, nor his wife/wives or his children, other than Curtis Sisty who was b. 10 Apr 1787. Family history lists John Sisty as a vet of USA REV WAR; unit, rank, duties unknown. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- BOYD posted by Jeanne Boyd Messner on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for any info on WILLIAM J.BOYD b.abt.1835 in Ireland wife was MARTHA, b.abt.1840.children were Wm.J 1867,THOMAS L.abt.1870 and MATTHEW P. abt.1872.Lived at 1414 Ogden St. Phila.,Penna.in 1880's Thankyou.
- BRAUN, LUDWIG posted by Sheri Smith on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I'm looking for cemetary, church, etc. records or info on LUDWIG family. I am in particular searching for marrige info for George Carl LUDWIG and Rose BRAUN in Philadelphia in Aug. 1894 but I am also looking for info on other relatives for the same time period.
Thank you for your help.
- BOYLE, MACKIN, SHEVLIN posted by Marc Weiss on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I am seeking any information on Alice BOYLE (b. 1835-6, Crossmaglen, Co. Armagh; daughter of James BOYLE, Ann MACKIN), married (before 1862?) to Thomas SHEVLIN (b. 1836, Co. Monaghan). Thomas in Phila by 1860, when he filed "Intention". First child James J. born 1862.
Thanks for any info.
- MILLER, MUELLER posted by Robin S. Brooks on Friday, August 15, 1997
- SHIP ADVENTURE 1727 PHILADEPHLIA JACOB ,AND CHRISTIAN MILLER.
BELIVE to be with the GERMAN BAPTIST or REFORMED religion,started by ALEXANDER MACK (166?..1735 DIED IN PA). others with them possiable GARBER...SELLERS....MEIR....FUNK....BOWMAN....CALMES....HEAR...HAIN...
FREDRICK, GERMANTOWN. OR HANOVER DISTRICT.
Recived land grants from JACOB STOVER....SHENADOAH VALLEY......
Need information on JACOB AND CHRISTIAN MILLER wives ,children church......
- HUTCHINSON posted by Pam Laferty Currie on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Searching for info on the following HUYCHINSONS:
Hallie HUTCHINSON address 5408 Water St. Olney, Phila.
Ezra HUTCHINSON address 6617 Glenlock St. Tacony, Phila.
Maggie HUTCHINSON address 4246 Spruce St. West Phila.
All lived in Philly in the early 1900s
- BELSFORD, BRELSFORD posted by James Martinson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I would like to correspond with others researching the BRELSFORD/BELSFORD families. Mainly in Bucks and Philadelphia counties.
- HART posted by James Martinson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for information on a SAMUEL HART who owned a harness shop on Frankford Avenue in the Frankford section of Philadelphia. Born 1839, died DEC. 10,1909. He is buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery. Wife FRANCES RYMOND. Born 1840, died 1940. His father was PETER HART (b. england) mother MARY BRELSFORD (b. Phila.,PA).
- GOSSER posted by James Martinson on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for information on a HORACE JACOB GOSSER who owned a produce business on DOCK STREET in the early part of this century. GOSSER and SONS PRODUCE.
- EPPRECHT, LONG posted by Sue Forshey on Friday, August 15, 1997
- LONG, Zacharias. 1759-1827, burried Jacob's Union Church, Lynn Twp., Lehigh Co., PA. Philadelphia and Chester Co. militias during Rev. War. Lived in Delaware, Chester, and Montgomery Cos, PA before locating to Lynn Twp. circa 1808. Married in 1784 at St. Michael's Lutheran Church, Germantown, PA to Sarah EPPRECHT, dau Rudolph EPPRECHT who died 1799 in Haverford Twp, Delaware Co., PA. Children: Abraham, Charles, Henry, Maria, Anna Magdalena, Sarah, Zacharias, Rudolph. In Lynn Twp, Zacharias LONG settled on land warranted in 1744 to Evan LONG of Philadelphia. What is their relationship? How is Zacharias LONG related to Maria and Abraham LONG who were married in 1758 at St. Michael's Lutheran Church in Germantown? How is Zacharias LONG related to Zacharias LONG on tax list of Chester Co, 1758?
- STEPHAN posted by Norman Stephan on Friday, August 15, 1997
- I'm searching for STEPHANs that came from Germany in 1844, landing in Philadelphia. Frederick Stephan (17yo) immigrated with his parents. Nothing is known of his parents. Frederick became naturalized but where we don't know. Any assistance or suggestions accepted and appreciated.
- ENDT, ENT posted by Lynn E. Applegate on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Seeking information on the ENT/ENDT family of Germantown. Johan Theobald Endt lived in Germantown from about 1720 to 1767. He is reported to have had 21 children and his wife's name was Sibilla. One son was Theobald Ent who was born in Germantown on August 30, 1737 and who married 1st Elizabeth Roser and 2nd Maria Barbara Hass. Theobald was a member of the Lower Ward Fire Company and was a Revolutionary War soldier (Fourth Compnay, Seventh Battalion, Philadelphia Militia). Theobald died on January 11, 1795 and was buried in Germantown.
Any information about this family would be appreciated.
- MORROW, PURDY posted by June Beer on Friday, August 15, 1997
- Looking for descendents of Sarah Purdy, emigrated from England post WW1. Daughter married Thomas G Morrow. Connections with Westinghouse, Pa Railroad and Post Office.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project