- MCKUEN, SWEENEY posted by Lou Peluso on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I'm searching for information on my great-great grandfather and grandmother. Hugh Sweeney and Mary G. McKuen were married at St. John's Church in Philadelphia, PA on 24 Oct 1854. Hugh came to the USA in 1828 from Ireland. I'm looking for more information on him and his parents. Also on Mary G. McKuen's birthplace and parents names. Hugh was born 13 Mar 1804 in Ireland. If anyone has any information I will be glad to exchange what I have also.
- WEBER, WISCHUM, WRIECH posted by Patti McCaffrey on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on these families. I've been told they lived around north 5th street in Olney. My ggrandfather had a textiles buisiness in the area. He made terry cloth towels. I have no clue what happened to the shop. I have a few death dates but they are not complete. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!
- BICHOF, BISHOP, SCHANTZ, WEGSCHEIDER posted by Fran Simmons on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Information on family of Daniel BISHOP/BICHOF b abt 1815 in Germany wife Elizabeth was on the 1850 Census of Limerick, Montgomery Co. PA with daughter Eve b abt 1842 Montgomery Co. son William C. b abt 1848 m Dec 10 1876 Sarah SHANTZ d/o Solomon & Lucy SCHANTZ of Schuylkill Co. Did Daniel & Elizabeth have other children. Need information on place and date of Death of Daniel BISHOP/BICHOP. Have not found Daniel on any other Census. Think he may be burried somewhere around Limerick. Are there any old cemeteries around Limerick Twp. William & Sarah BISHOP also lived in Schuylkill Co. left several children burried in Odd Fellows Cemetery in Pottsville. Sarah BISHOP was on the 1920 Census Philadelphia living with her daughter Martha and son-in-law Levi Clymer WEGSCHEIDER. This family moved around a lot they lived in Bucks Co., Schuylkill Co., Montgomery Co.Other surnames researching APPEL/APPLE, WEGSCHEIDER, KELLER
- MURTHA posted by C. Ramirez on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on Mr. P.L. Murtha who lived in this area in the late 1800's with his wife and daughters. I feel that the wifes maiden name may have been Foote as all of the girls use that as a middle name. Isabella, Marguerita, Ann. Possibly a Margaret or a Gail who married a Woods. This last couple died around 1947. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- ELLIOTT, STANTON posted by Michael Dick on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for information on ELLIOTT, Charles H. Served as a private in Company F of the 8th Regiment during the Civil War. May have been wounded and had a plate in his head. Could have been known as Haney. Sister was Anna ELLIOTT who was married to Henry STANTON. At least one daughter, Laura Jennie (NIXON) STANTON (12-23-1879 to 1-21-1963).
- CASTELLUCCI, CASTELLUCCIO posted by Linda P Norris on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for info on grandfather, Peter J Castelluccio (could be Pietro G Castelluccio). He was born in Italy, possibly came to USA in early 1900's. His son, Peter J Castelluccio, Jr, was born in Philadelphia on 2/21/21. My grandfather in Philly until death. He lived in a house on 63rd St in West Philly from at least the 1950's until death. (Prior to this address, possibly lived on Bancroft St in Philly). His wife was Susie, I think. His children, other than Peter Jr were: Connie, Helen, Rita, Joe, Mike, Tony. Mike Castelluccio (never married) is still alive and lives in the 63rd St House. Rita still lives in the Philly area, is married to Joe and has 2 sons, Joey & Dennis.
- ROKE, ROOK, ROOKE posted by Bob Ahrens on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Seeking information on Amos (Amaus) ROOK(E)/ROKE. Born Philadelphia area circa 1754. If you have ready access to 1790 Census index, would appreciate your checking to see if he appears. Thank you very much.
- RANKIN posted by Ralph E. Rankin on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Searching for any information on the parents, brothers and sisters of Ralph Waldo RANKIN born in Philadelphia on July 14,1883. His parents names were John L. RANKIN and Lula (Williams) RANKIN. He moved to Florida and married Nellie Usina. They lived in Richmond Hill, New York from approximately 1920 through 1944. After a 45 year career in the Merchant Marine, he died in Interlachen, Florida on October 14,1944. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
- LEFEVRE, PENNOCK, ROADES, WILCOX posted by Ken Thompson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Searching MARY PENNOCK, wife of ABRAHAM LEFEVRE. Resided in Skippack twnshp and New Bristol in very early 1700's. Also interested in BARNABUS WILCOX, member of the PA Assembly of Phil in 1685. Daughter HANNAH married JOHN ROADES abt 1692.
- GRATER posted by Carla L. Bahn on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Researching the Grater Family of PA. Elias Herbert Grater a/k/a Herbert J. Grater married Vernadella Bloss a/k/a Della Bloss in Philadelphia in 1893 +\-. They had at least five children; Edna (Parsons), Ethel (Winnpenny), Leanore (Bahn), Herbert and Ralph. I believe Herbert's parents were Lewis and Amanda Grater. I am the grandaughter of Leanore.
- BAHN posted by Carla L. Bahn on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Researching Carlton Clayton Bahn born in PA in 1908. Mother Blanche Figgs born in Virginia. Adopted father Paul Bahn of PA. Lived in Philly from 1909 to at least 1934.
- MCFADDEN posted by William A. Runner, Jr. on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- MC FADDEN, John and Elizabeth Douglass. Children - George W., Laura A., William, John Valentine (my grandfather) and MinnieM.
Seeking anyone with information on my great grandparents, grandfather and his siblings. My great grandparents were born ca 1840, he in York County according to his Civil War Pension application. Family tradition says she was born inShippensburg, Pa. We have no proof of either. He served two enlistments in the Civil War and they married in Mechanicsburg in 1861. We find no record of them until they moved to Harrisburg and appear in city directories until 1887 when they moved to Philadelphia. He was a cigar maker (tobacconist) in Philadelphia living in North Philadelphia at 1727 N Sydenham St having his place of business at 1529 S Mole St, trading as the South End Cigar Co. They both died in Philadelphia, she in 1887, he in l900. Both are buried in Harrisburg. Any information would be appreciated.
- MCCREA, SNYDER posted by Mary McCrea Reay on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I'm searching for information on my paternal grandparents. George MC CREA was born June 1859 in Penn. His father was born in Penn. and his mother was born in Eng. or Ireland. George died in 1910 in Philadelphia living at 1030 Tree Street, Phila. George married Mary SNYDER in Penn in 1899. Mary was born Jan 1876, in "upper" Penn and was Pennsylvania "Dutch". Her father was born in Germany - mother was born in Penn. George owned a livery in Phil. During the depression, after losing property to taxes, Mary died in Phil. She was living at 230 Robinson St.,Phil at the time of death. George and Mary are buried in the MC CREA family plot at St. Veneses Armard or Armand (?) Church cemetery. I would appreciate any information. Thanks!
- PEEL, PERRY posted by Barbara Pellecchia on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for info concerning my great grandparents Fannie PEEL and Henry PERRY. I believe they were from the Philadelphia area. They had 8 children. 7 girls and 1 boy. Their son, my grandfather, Robert Peel PERRY was b. 1894 in Downingtown, PA; d. 1969 Phila. He married Florence DOUGHERTY b.1898. Hopefully there are some cousins out there who can help. Thank you.
- LIVELL posted by Darlene M. (Livell) Beaver on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Pherby, LIVELL
I'm trying to find any information on the above. I have only found him on the 1850 census index for Philadelphia county in the township of Kensington, ward 6. I have been searching for this surname in the 1800's for 20 years and can't come up with anything except the indexes. I hope someboy will have this census and will let me know what it says. I live in a small town in Oklahoma and there is no where to get a copy. All information would be appreciated. Thank you,
- WARD posted by Carl Wayne Ward on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for any info at all on Charles WARD and family of Philidelphia Co, PA listed in the 1830 Fed. census or any relatives, ancestors and descendants of this man.
- MARSHALL, YOUNG posted by Warren Young on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Hi! I'm looking for two lawyers that were cousins and worked in the admistration of Mayor Bernard Samual of Philadelphia around 1949. One was Frank Young lived in New York state and reportedly was Treaurer of Philadelphia at one time. The other was Frank Marshall a friend of Mayor Samual and a lawyer in Philadelphia. F. Young was the son of George Young and Abby Ann Bartlett, George was born 1837 in Utica N.Y. and moved with his family to Wisconsin where Frank was born. Abby Ann was born in Jersey City N.J. in 1842. Frank Marshall was son of John Camdon Marshall, 1840 - 1909; and Eleanor Young, 1841 - 1908. Frank was born in Wisconsin.
- LITTLE posted by Jerome Tenney on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Charles Little(machinist) appears in Philadelphia City Directories from 1860 thru 1895 at 1919 Montgomery street. 1870 Philadelphia census shows Charles (a machinist) wife Sarah, Children Charles, Sarah Ann, Julia, Mary Margaret, James(my great grandfather), Robert and John. According to my information I have the children settled in Montgomery county - Norristown, Bridgeort, Conshohocken, and Valley forge. My mother Elizabeth corresponded years ago with a Florence Kinsella-a daughter of Mary Ried of Norristown. Also have an old letter from a Flora shillady who I think is a daughter of Mary. Would like to exchange information with anyone doing research on this line. Charles Little referred to herein is my great, great grandfather. James (my great grandfather ) died in eastern Missouri about 1895.
- CAMPBELL, MADARA, NAF, NEFF posted by Megan Lyle on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I'm looking for the background of a Martha CAMPBELL who supposedly married a Christopher MADARA of Philadelphia. Christopher was b. 7 July 1779 at Philadelphia and is the son of Christopher MADARA (1750-1828) and Elizabeth NEFF/NAF (1756-1821) of Philadelphia. I believe Christopher and Martha then went to MD - the 1800 census lists them there with a few kids - one of whom is I believe my ancestor, John! At this point I believe Martha died either in MD or PA and Christopher m2. Nancy RAY/RAE. Looking for info on all named.
- BUCK, SCHEETZ posted by Edward Dwyer on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I need any information on Ebenezer Buck married to Sarah Scheetz at Lower Merion Baptist Church 1829. They lived in Phila. around 1845 to 1878. Ebenezer may have died 1851 and Sarah 1878. Ebenezer was born in Mass. or Maine. I need to know who his parents were and what town/state they were from. Also, any information on their marriage may be helpful. Does any one know any descendants of Ebenezer & Sarah ? There children were Franklin 1830, Charles 1834, Sarah 1835, and Louvisa 1840.
- DROLLINGER, TROLLINGER posted by Gordon L. Drollinger on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Seeking parents of Michael TROLLINGER (variation of DROLLINGER) born 1801 possibly Philadelphia or Franconia township died 1866 Rural Valley PA. He could be a son or grandson of Peter DROLLINGER and Sophia TRUMBORE (DRUMBORE). Also interested in any other DROLLINGERs. What happened to Jacob Drollinger listed as a carter in Philadelphia 1780s?
- BACHMAN posted by Yancy Mort on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for information on MARTHA (MORT) BACHMAN. She was born in Schuylkill County in 1867, married FRANK BACHMAN, and moved to Philly area.
- DOYLE posted by Mike Doyle on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- A George Doyle was listed as one of the dead at City Hospital in 1797 or 1798 during a yellow fever outbreak in Philadelphia. My gr. grandfather, George Doyle, was b. in 1790. Is it possible that the George Doyle who died in the epidemic was my George's father? Anyone have probate or orphans records? My George Doyle went on to marry Orpha Webb ca. 1810-1812 and moved on to OH iabout 1817.
- STANLEY, STOWE posted by Ardis Wolven on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Would to hear from anyone that might have information on the following people from Lycoming Co.Washington Twp. Thomas Stanley wife,Anna Stowe and their children: Richard b. April 1832,John,William,Mary A,Lionel and George H. They lived in Williamsport back in the 1830's As was told by family that the above couple came from England on their honeymoon and came in to the Philadelphia port in about 1830.
- HOLT posted by K. Gonglik on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on my grandfather Albert Holt. He lived in Philadelphia in the 1920's. Married my grandmother, Amelia Freund, in May, 1919 at the First Baptist Church in Wildwood, NJ. They had one child, my mother, Dorothy Holt. Albert Holt may have come from Baltimore, MD. He may have been a foreman at Western Electric (or some other electric company). Lived on the 1400 block of Lawrence Street when my mother was born in May of 1920. Thanks very much for any help in locating information.
- HART, KNOLLES, KNOWLES, MUNDELL posted by Barbara Emery on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Seeking info. re. Catherine KNOWLES/KNOLLES, m. John HART B. 29 Oct. 1748 Hopewell, N.J. d. 22 Mar. 1790 Phila. Co., Pa. Especially interested in knowing if Catherine is second spouse of John HART. I have reason to believe he married #1 Margaret MUNDELL, dau. of James and Margaret (GARRETT) MUNDELL. Any help appreciated.
- FREEMAN posted by Louise Panni on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- MARTHA FREEMAN lived at 68 Pastorious Street, Germantown, Philadelphia, in 1920. I know nothing else about her, except that a letter of affidavit from her, in which she made the statement that she had known him well, is in my great uncle's (Louis Turner) probate file. My great uncle had changed his name from Ludwig Jochum to Louis Turner, for unknown reasons. I have not been able to find much information about him (family rumor has it that he jumped ship and entered the country illegally). I am hopeful that in finding information regarding Martha Freeman I may uncover information regarding Louis Turner. I have been unable to find Martha Freeman of Pastorious Street in the Philadelphia 1920 Census Soundex Index. Any information regarding her would be very much appreciated.
- HINCKEN posted by Chris Bloom on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- HINCKEN, ELIAS founded the first Sunday paper called the Sunday Dispatch in the 1850's paper kept publishing until the late 1800's and then was revived in the early 1900's. I need to know date of his death and any obituaries that appeared in papers of that day. My maiden name is Hincken and he is my ancestor. Anything I can learn about the Hincken's in Philadelphia would help. They lived on 3rd Street
- RIPPLE posted by Jonni M. Longstaffe on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Am looking for information on Polly BANGHART RIPPLE DEVITT. She married a George RIPPLE, but was listed as "widow RIPPLE" on the 1800 Philadelphia Census. She would have most probably been in her early to mid twenties. In about 1801 she married Dennis DEVITT (b. abt 1780), a recent emmigrant from Ireland, possibly Londonderry or County Donegal. They lived in Ramseyburg, in Warren County, NJ (then Sussex) and had seven children before moving to Ontario, Canada in 1812. The couple separated in 1815 or 1816 after having three more children, and Polly returned to either Pennsylvania or New York, with her youngest son Joseph, sometimes called Joseph DIONNE, because of the family he was living with before Polly came back to get him. Any information available on this Joseph would be appreciated as well.
- FARREN, MCFAULL posted by Mary Bailey on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- FARREN, Hugh b New York, April 21, 1833 m Philadelphia, Catherine C McFaull d Philadelphia December 18, 1856 He was a plumber by trade, according to his obituary - children were: Joseph (Elizabeth Laura Garwood), Mary Ann Farren (Alphonsus M Acton) Henry McFaull Farren, Harry D, Catherine C, John J. Hugh and Catherine lived at 810 S Eighth St in the home purchased by Henry McFAULL in 1838. Any information about Hugh FARREN will be greatly appreciated. I have about 700 names of relatives to share.
- BROWN, MCFAULL posted by Mary Bailey on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- MC FAULL, Henry b Ireland abt 1798, m Mary BROWN, Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Belfast,Ireland May 15, 1812 d abt 1861 in Philadelphia. He was an inn keeper in Philadelphia. Their children included: John (Kate ?) b Mobile Alalbama,Mary Ann b abt 1830 in Alabama(m William FAGAN), Sarah b abt 1837, Catherine C (Hugh FARREN)b July 25, 1838. The family resided in a home at 810 S Eighth St, Philadelphia in a home that Henry purchased in 1838.
Any information about this family will be greatly appreciated.
- CONLEY, EPPLEMAN, MURPHY posted by Mary Kathryn Kozy on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information on the ancestors/descendants of Thomas MURPHY, b. Jan 1854 in Ireland, and his wife, Mary (or Margaret) CONLEY, b. Feb 1850 also in Ireland. They were living in the city of Philadelphia, PA in the 1900 Federal Census. They have the following children: Mary, Maurice, Edmund and Thomas (there may have also been a Frances). Thomas died about 1904 and Maurice md. Beulah EPPLEMAN and they moved out to California by 1920. Any information on this family would be appreciated!
- FISHBURN, JEFFERSON, TRINDLE posted by Lyle Larkin on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Hello, My name is Lyle Larkin and I'm looking for branches of my family tree. My great grandfather THOMAS FISHBURN dob July 25, 1862 was born somewhere in England and later migrated to PA to the coal regions, he died in Phila., PA. USA his father THOMAS FISHBURN dob. unk. My great grandmother MARGARET JEFFERSON dob 5/27/1870 born PA father THOMAS JEFFERSON born England dob unk mother LOUISE RICHARDS born abt 1850 Their children were Albert, Garfield, Lila and Amon Fishburn. Lila married a William Lamon Trindle born PA April 11, 1891 died Oct 17, 1967Phila., PA. His Mother Blanche Irene Mellinger born PA 1874 - 1970 his father William Lamon Trindle 1869 - 1932 Phila PA OTHER CHILDREN Paul, James, Lillian, Catherine, Blanche, Maryanne and Robert- Do any of these names ring a bell? If so please e-mail me? Thank you in advance.
- FONDRY, FOUDRAY, FOUNDRY posted by April Foudray Hartjes on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- William Derrick FOUDRAY born in the city of Philiadelphia, PA on November 18, 1792 and died in Flemming, KY after 1878 is a descent of Jon FOUDRE who came to thr US from France in 1693. Mrs. FOUDRAY is listed on the 1830 Philiadelphia census. Often the FOUDRAY name is misspelled as FONDRY and FOUNDRY. I am looking to share and exchange information on the FOUDRAY family.
- FINK posted by Len Fink on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- FINK, LEROY
FATHER of ELMER WASHINGTON FINK, who was a music teacher, football player and political aide in the NICETOWN section of Philadelphia. Leroy's wife's maiden name was, Amanda J. Huff. I have no information for Leroy - not even a birth date! His child was:Ethel Fink ?-1934 Who had children: Florence Fink, Mamie Fink, Wilber E. Fink, Carrie Ellen Fink 1869 -,Elmer Washington Fink 1889 - 1957. Thanks for your reply
- GALBRAITH posted by Robert Iseman on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Archibald Galbraith married Margaret (?) on June 16, 1774 at "OLD SWEDES CHURCH in Philadelphia. I am seeking any additional information about this marriage or any information about Galbraith names appearing in any of the records of this Church or associated records, cemeteries etc.
Cheers from Oz
- CONWAY, GRAY, NEILL, QUINN posted by Barbara Rottman on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Bernard Conway resided at 976 North Front St., Phila, from at least Dec 1882 until July 1884 when he moved to 822 Buttonwood St. In October 1889 he moved to 3 Chancery Lane and lived there until at least September 1894. During that time he wrote several letters to my O'Neill ancestor in which he referred to himself as "cousin." I believe he is related to parents of either Charles Roe Gray O'Neill or Julia Quinn. He makes many references to other "cousins", usually by surname only. I am searching for information regarding Bernard or his family in hopes it will lead back to the parents of Charles or Julia. I have been unable to locate Bernard on US Census records.
- NORTON posted by Shirley Seip Hadley on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Searching for the parents of James Norton who was born in 1791 in Phil. He later married Harriet Bruckmann in Reading PA and raised his family there..He is buried in Evans Cemetery in Reading PA.
- ABBOTT, LIND posted by Susan H. Hendrickson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- LIND, EDWARD JOSEPH -- MARRIED TO MARY ABBOTT (CIRCA 1910)
- CHESTNUT, HOMAN, NEIMAN, SMITH posted by Dawn N. Wark on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for anyone with these surname's. My Father was Joseph Francis NEIMAN, his parents were Winfield NEIMAN and Cornelia SMITH they lived in West Phila. until the late 1920's when they moved to Chester county. He worked for the Pennsylvania RR until his death. Winfield NEIMAN's parents were listed as Frank NEIMAN and Maria CHESTNUT. Frank is listed as a Carpenter on Frank NEIMAN's Philadelphia birth registery on May 24, 1886. I have only been able to find one sibling Casper NEIMAN born in 1891. There are many NEIMAN's listed in the Phila. directories and in Winfield's obit. they mention many other siblings living in West Phila. area but they don't name them. As for Cornelia SMITH my grandmother, her parents were Joseph Francis SMITH and Susan E. HOMAN(not positive of this HOMAN) she had a sister Sarah SMITH PHENEGER and a brother either Joseph Francis SMITH or a Norman Winfield SMITH he was a marine and an Upper Darby policeman.
- FITZGERALD, GARDNER posted by Jay Fitzgerald on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- My great grand father, Alvey Fitzgerald, was born in Philadelphia in 1858 and was married to Anna P.Gardner, born in 1864. They had a son (my grand father) by the name of William Francis Fitzgerald, Sr., who was born in Perth Amboy, N.J. on June 13, 1885. I believe my Great Great Grand father (Alvey's Dad), was named Daniel Fitzgerald and was also born in Philadelphia, PA. That's all I know at this time, I hope someone might be able to help me further.
- ETTORE, KARDOS posted by Darla Kardos on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- ERNEST STEPHEN KARDOS OR ETTORE ?
LOOKING FOR MY FATHER'S FAMILY EITHER IN PHILADELPHIA OR NEW JERSEY. BORN MAY 28,1936. HIS FATHER JOE ETTORE, HE HAS BROTHERS: JIMMY, AND TOMMY ETTORE, COUSIN ROSIE, AND DELORESE, GRANDMOTHER MARIE, GRANDFATHER JIMMY? HIS S.S.# 188-28-6702. HE HAD OTHER COUSINS SUCH FRANKIE SHIDANO? ROCKY GRAZIANO? AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT MY FATHER TOLD ME. HE PASSED AWAY SEPT.4,1989 6 DAY'S BEFORE MY 20th BIRTHDAY. THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE PEOPLE HE HAS MENTIONED.P.S. HIS BEST FRIEND SAMMY SALVATOR.
- MOORE posted by Bill Moore on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- My great, great grandmother Ella Jane KERN (Leehigh Township) was married to Lewis Clarence Llewellyn MOORE of Philadelphia. She picked up her family (less Lewis) and moved to Nebraska in 1875 and thereafter refused to speak of him. Consequently we know a great deal about her side, but little/nothing of the Moore's. It is likely his father's name was Joel Moore and a brother was James Clement Moore. They all may have been bankers who suffered through the depression of 1871.
If anyone can offer any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.
- SCHIMPF posted by Betty G. Schimpf on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
The traveling Vietnam Wall was recently in the town of Lima, Ohio. Section 28, Line 30 listed a JOSEPH FRANCIS SCHIMPF, PHILADELPHIA, PA., d. 3-24-1969. Does anyone know the name and address of the parents of this fallen soldier?
- CALLAHAN, GARTNER, LOHR, SCHONHERR posted by Fred Lohr on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- John Lohr abt 1815-UNK born in Germany wife Barbara, born in Germany also. Peter Lohr 1848-unk lived 3500 block of Old York Town Road.
Sabastian Gartner abt 1840-unk
Callahan, Ed, Tom, Agnes, Mary. All siblings. Father came to the states during the Civil War and had a Feed and Livery business in Philadelphia. Helped to develope Surf City and Long Beach Island NJ.
Schonherr. German immigrint latter 19th Century. Worked as a ship painter in Camden.
- CLAPPER posted by Thomas Anderson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for info on ancestors and decendents of Lewis CLAPPER, b. abt. 1847 Phila. PA d. 1929 Phila. PA, m. Oct. 12 1866 Phila. PA to Catherine WILSON b.abt 1848 d.Aug 1 1934 Phila. PA. Children William, Joseph, Mary and Lewis. Lewis Sr. had served in the 121st reg. "C" CO. Phila. volunteers during the Civil War and was promoted to Sgt. Worked as a fireman for the remander of his life. Willing to share any info.
- STINE, SWEENEY posted by Danny J. Goff on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for a Daniel Sweeney who was married to an Eliza Stine in the early to mid 1800's.
Children from the marriage are:
- MORRIS posted by Sherri Basham on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on Alexander MORRIS born 5 Aug 1824 in Bridesburg. Father may have been William. Any help will be appreciated.
- CULP posted by Henrietta Bellows Lala on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Searching for info. on:
CULP, Edna (born around 1920) and her children:
Dorothy CULP, born ca. 1936
Henrietta Hazel CULP, born Nov. 8, 1938 (adopted by Adelaide Cole & Willis Allen Bellows of West Chester, PA when she was 8 yrs. old. The Bellows parents are now deceased.)
Theodore and Steven CULP (possible adopted by Heyman family of Paoli, PA), born around 1940-41
Her step-son Grant ?
Edna was not married at the time these children were born, CULP is her maiden name? All the children would now be in their 50's except Grant, who would be in his 60's. At one time all of the children were placed in the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children in Philadelphia.
- MCDERMOTT, ROBBINS posted by Carol Comp on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for descendants (and ancestors) of Albert Robbins, b. 1853, d. 1934, and his wife Julia Ann McDermott, b. 1853, d. 1911. They had numerous children. My Grandmother, Myrtle Robbins was the youngest, b. abt. 1897, d. 1963. Other children born to Julia and Albert were Albert, Bridgetta, Eliza, Frank, Kate, Mary, Elizabeth. These are the only names that my mother can recall. Albert and Julia lived in Philadelphia. Julia died at the home of her father, Jno (John) McDermott at 462 Tackawanna Rd (or Lackawanna Rd) in Frankford.
- MEILEY, MILEY, MILLEY, MYLEY posted by Ida May Milligan on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- MILEY, MYLEY, MILLEY, MEILEY, John K.(Jehu) born 1851 in Philadelphia. JOHN MARRIED Eliza Neilly lived at 21st and Lombard. I can not find his place of buriel or will or probate record. I am trying to locate the name of his parents. Any help would be appricated. Thank You
- DUNLAP posted by Ken Dunlap on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am researching DUNLAP families of Colonial Philadelphia, to 1800. I need the children of printer, John Dunlap, and also of Dr. James Dunlap. Benjamin Rush's autobiography makes mention of the former, I'm told, but I can't locate it locally. Any help appreciated.
- SELAH, STEWART, WELSER posted by Brandy Roberts on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Am searching for any info on a Samuel Rowe Welser, born in Philadelphia, April 15, 1816, at the age of 12 joined the Raymond & Warings circus as a tumbler and juggler, to S. America with the circus of Bank, Archer & Rockwell, in 1850 joined Dan Rice's show as a clown, later with S.W. Wheeler & Co., Boston, listed in the History of Allegheny County, PA publication 1889 by A. Warner & Co.(sure would value the copies of pages 341 and 342) as the only man to drive four geese hitched to a common tub 3 feet in diameter down the Monongahela river from Brownsville to McKeesport. Moved to McKeesport to train horses for Taylor & Wolf's circus and in 1857 married Mrs. JULIA B. STACY, a widow of means, died Feb. 7, 1886 leaving Samuel with cash, bank stocks and 8 houses on Diamond square and Market St. (Would love more info on these two streets). Was a member of I.O.O.F. (Independant Order of the Oddfellows) for 30 years. Searching for children and more info on Julia B. Stacy and also any info on any of the circus' Samuel was with. Would like to have more of McKeesports history and a detailed map. Where can I find?? My library does not have much and I live in a small town. Any WELSER listed for Philadelphia or McKeesport would be of my family.
Also WALTER STEWART WELSER b. 9/12/1852 brother of Samuel, m. MARY EMMA SELAH. Need all info on her, have nothing at all.
Also EDWARD HOWARD WELSER born 10/1/1820 in Philadelphia, married to MARGARET STEWART, I have no info on Margaret or her family.
Ancestors: WENCELAS and CHRISTOPHER WELSER, Ship AMERICA 1812 docked at Philadelphia?? Can't find this Ship. Anyone have proof?? Parents of Wencelas and Christopher are JOHN WELSER, Bohemia and FRANCESKA HOFFMANN, Bolivia. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS
- RADIS posted by Alvin First on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on the following individuals:
Sarah Radis, Died in Philadelphia 6/14/1920
Samuel Radis, Died in Philadelphia 9/17/1917
Jacob Radiss, Died in Philadelphia 5/27/1921
- CALDWELL posted by Dawn Collins on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for any information on a Casper CALDWELL. He was born in Philadelphis PA in about 1841. He enlisted in the US Army in 1858 from Philadelphia, Pa . I very much want any other information on him, such as who where his parents. He was some what of a black sheep _ deserted from the army in San Francisco, 1860. He married a Mary Murphy, I believe in San Francisco. ca 1867. I need any leads on either of these people.
- THOMAS posted by Robert Campbell on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- seeking more information on welsh quakers evan and catherine thomas - her maiden name unknown - who came to philly in 1719, daughter mary born around 1723. any information greatly appreciated,
- AUCH, CRAVEN, DAY, DUDDING, GROVER, HAAS, HANSELL, HEWSON, HUMPHREYS, LABREE, THOMAS, TUNIS, WARNER, WEST, WILLIAMS, WYNNE posted by Sue-Ann Jacobson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am researching the above names in the Philadelphia County area and would like to exchange information and sources with anyone else also researching them.
- POLE posted by Nancy Kapperman on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- My ancestor, Edward Pole, was dismissed from the Philadelphia Monthly Meeting (Quaker) for "associating with others to learn the art of war." I understand that there was a group formed around the time of the Revolutionary War called the "Free Quakers" (of which Betsey Ross was a member). Does anyone know where I could obtain a list of members of this group which lasted until about 1827. I am trying to find records on Edward Pole Sr. and Edward Pole Jr. and a Thomas Pole who were all disciplined for "warlike" activities.
- ASHMORE, JONES, SCHULZ posted by Kenneth R. Schulz on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Jones, Walter Nelson Jr. :b.1922 Wife: Pearl (nee Ashmore) b. unk./ d.1980
lr.: Bonnie Lee Rudiak (nee Jones), Walter James Jones
Jones, Harold (unk. D.O.B. / D.O.D.)
Jones, Walter Nelson Sr.: b. unk. / d. unk. Wife: name unk.
Schulz, Alfred. (stepfather) - Wife: LuLu V. Schulz (nee Jones)
Last Known Address: 5719 N. Lawrence St. Phila. (ca. 1940-1960?)
Schulz, Karl H. : stepbrother of W. N. Jones, Jr. (my father)
- QUECK posted by Eleanor Fique on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Seeking information on George H. Queck or decendants. George born June 3, 1855 in Philadelphia, PA; parents were John and Anna Queck from Germany. Married Anna Brooks in MD on April 25, 1882.
- MAGEE, RUSH, RUSK posted by Sandra Battiata on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for info on William Allan Magee b. abt. 1816 d. 1843 or 1844 m. Catherine Rush or Rusk. William Allan drowned. Son Robert b. 1836
- BOYD, ROSS posted by Jeanne Boyd Messner on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Seeking information on a Margaret Ross b.July 1866 N.Ireland who came to Phila. at 18 yrs of age.Married William J. Boyd b.Jan.1867 (N.J.} lived at 1511 Parrish St.Phila. Penna. Had 6 boys 1 girl Walter Boyd b.May 1898,Thomas Dec.1889,William,Mar.1888,Elmer,July 1897,Matthew Park b.Aug.23,1893 (my Father) Margaret V.b.Aug.07,1906.1 son unknown.Most info came from 1900 census.Would appreciate any help finding any info on where in Ireland Margaret came from and William J. Boyd parents names.
- BOYD, GOODCHILD posted by Jeanne Boyd Messner on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Any information on a FLORENCE MAE GOODCHILD.Married to MATTHEW PARK BOYD both of Phila.,Penna.,sometime in the 1930'S??? No children and Florence died younge of a lung infection.Would appreciate any information.THANKYOU!
- SNELLBAKER, ZIMMERMAN posted by Millie Newell on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Seeking additional data on family of Edward SNELLBAKER and his wife, Louisa ZIMMERMAN SNELLBAKER. Edward may have also been known as John SNELLBAKER.
Really do need Louisa's parents names& her place of birth.
Children of Edward & Louisa are:
1. Edward Peterson Snellbaker, Jr. m. Cora L Sewell
2. Whilliam J Snellbaker m ?? m 2) Lydia _____
3. John Harry Snellbaker, Sr m. Edna Mae McLaughlin
4. Ferdinand Leo 'Frank' Snellbaker m. Genevieve 'Jennie' Bonelli
5. unknown child
6. Frank Jacob Snellbaker
7. Mabel E. Snellbaker
8. Caroline Snellbaker m._____ Gandy m. 2) Bill SIdwize <sp?
- SWAIN posted by Kay Cummins on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for John W. (Watson?) Swain, a native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the son of James Swain and Sophia Brown. John was born in Philadelphia about 1800. His first wife was Marie Anne Jourdan. After Marie's death he married Augustine Morgan of Pointe Coupee Lousiana on July 10, 1834. He gave his residence at that time as New Orleans. He was my g-g-grandfather and any information on him or his family would be greatly appreciated.
- LENHERR posted by Carol Lenherr on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for a half Sister..Her name was Virginia Lenherr..Born in Phila PA abt 1994..Birth Mothers name was Kay Fathers Name James Anton Lenherr...
My Name is Carol and when I was little we lived at 2704 N. Reese Street Phila PA My Mothers name was Loretta...
Virginia had a nick name ( BUTCHIE )
I meet her again breifly in 1973 Then lost contact..
She has a Daughter Named Debbie Yost..ans a son name unknown
I would like to find her for some family history
- BURR, EMORY posted by Susan Mitchell on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- BURR, John Pierre (c1793-1864) of Philadelphia, Dock Ward. mar. Hester Elizabeth EMORY (b.1796), dau of John and Mary EMORY of Phila.
- EMORY posted by Susan Mitchell on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- EMORY, John
Teacher in late 18th century Philadelphia. Married Mary.
Involved in formation of Free African Society.
Daughter Hester Elizabeth Emory b.1796 married John Pierre Burr(c1793-1863).
- EMMONS posted by Susan Mitchell on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- EMMONS, Mary. Late 1700's, Philadelphia.
Mary was possibly servant of Col. Aaron BURR while he was serving as US senator in Philadelphia. She was mother of John Pierre BURR (c1793-1864), a Philadelphia barber and civil-rights worker. Mary may have been part of the Haitian immigrant community of late 18th century Philadelphia. Another name for her may have been Eugenie.
- CURTIS posted by Susan Mitchell on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- CURTIS, Anthony. Philadelphia resident, early 1800's. Married Deborah. Parents of Elizabeth CURTIS (1822-1900) who became wife of John Emery BURR, an early civil-rights worker also from Philadelphia.
- BOYLE, TAMMANY posted by Jeanne Boyd Messner on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- looking for information on ALICE TAMMANY b.March 13,1859. Believe she came from Ireland.Married to NEAL-NEIL BOYLE.Had three children,Alice,John,& PRISCILLA CECILA b.Feb.07,1902.Any info would be appreciated.THANKYOU.
- CUERTON, LESHER, MOORE, SHAW posted by Sarah Shaw Tatounova on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I'm looking for my great-great grandparents James Marshall SHAW, born 01 Feb 1828 in Germantown, Philadelphia, PA
Died: 30 Dec 1871 in Linn Co., IA
he married Margaret LESHER 15 May 1852 in: Frankfort, Philadelphia, PA by the Rev. William Cooper
She was born 18 May 1828 in Manieunk, Philadelphia, PA
Died: 18 May 1897
1 Franklin Lesher Shaw Born: 15 Apr 1852 in Frankfort, Philadelphia, PA
2 Anne Marshall Shaw Born: 28 Nov 1853 in Frankfort, Phil., PA
3 George Marshall Shaw Born: 03 Jan 1856 in: Lake Co., IN
4 James Oliver Shaw Born: 14 Dec 1857 in: Lake Co., IN
5 Elizabeth Elenore Shaw Born: 18 Mar 1860 in Frankfort, Phil. PA
6 Wesley T. Shaw Born: 14 Jun 1862 in: Frankfort, Phil., PA
7 Thomas L. Shaw Born: 14 Oct 1864
8 Harry Logan Shaw Born: 16 Mar 1867 in: Logansport, IN
9 Maggie Adelaide Shaw #8959 Born: 18 Jul 1869 in: Logansport, IN
I'm also looking for other descendants of John MOORE and Jane CUERTON, both born 1673 in England, lived in Blockley Twsp., Philadelphia Co. Have much information to share on MOORE and CUERTON, very little on SHAW LESHER lines.
- FULLERTON posted by Catherine Fullerton on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Interested in 2 families (brothers) found in the 1870 Census for Philadelphia. Frank FULLERTON age 25 with wife Mary E, children Henry age 2 Mary age 1 & Mother-in-law, Caroline. Frank died 1878. The brother of Frank was William FULLERTON with wife Elizabeth, children Jane & Flora. Both families were living on S 5th St, and had a butcher shop. Any info appreciated!
- LARKIN, MCKEON, MCKEONE, MCKEOWN, MCKONE posted by Lyle Larkin on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- My great grandfather JAMES CHARLES LARKIN born 1858 somewhere in Canada died July 22, 1916 in Haverhill NH. Married NELLIE ELIZABETH GETCHELL dob 1863 Bath. Had son JAMES CALVIN LARKIN dob Nov. 17 1882 Woodsville Grafton Co, NH also had three daughters Margaret, Grace and Ellen all around 1882-1892 Woodsville,NH. James Calvin Larkin moved to South Philadelphia and Married Emma Catherine McKeown dob Sept. 13, 1895. They had four children James, Elizabeth Charles Emerson (my father) and Joseph. Are there any matches here at all? I have been at a stand still not knowing where my g. grandfather was born.
- MELLINGER, TRINDLE posted by Lyle Larkin on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- William Lamon Trindle born PA April 11, 1891 died Oct 17, 1967Phila., PA. His Mother Blanche Irene Mellinger born PA 1874 - 1970 his father William Lamon Trindle 1869 - 1932 Phila PA OTHER CHILDREN Paul, James, Lillian, Catherine, Blanche, Maryanne and Robert- Do any of these names ring a bell? If so please e-mail me? Thank you in advance.
- WARD posted by Lyle Larkin on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for mor info on Hanna Ward b. Mar. 2,1868 PA died Phila Husband Joseph Ward. Son Edward P. Ward lived at 5449 Rutland St. Phila PA Intered at Mt. Moriah
- BEATTY posted by Alexander R. Siegel on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- George Beatty according to the 1850 cencus was born in 1814 or 1815 and came from Ireland. I'm trying to find out where he was born in Ireland and when he came to the United States. Thank for your help.
- CLEESTER, LEESTER, MCCLEASTER, MCLEESTER posted by Jill E. McLeester on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for information for Alexander McLeester. On 1850 Census, PA, page 452, 6th Ward, Sourthwark with wife Mary, children Thomas, Edward, John, Eliza Ann, Mary Jane and Josephine. On 1870 City of Philadelphia, 2nd Ward, roll 1401, page 147, house 952, family 952 as Alex M'Cleaster with son Charles and Amanda McFadden (keeping house). Family record have 2 wives, 1st named Mary (no surname) and 2nd who called herself "Mrs. McAllister". Alexander co-owned the firm of Collins & McLeester, typefounders at 705 Jayne. He died in 1904 at Hayes Mechanics Home and is buried at Old Swedes Cemetery at Gloria Dei Church. Any help or leads would be much appreciated.
- BARR, DUNN, HUGHES, MACKIN, MCCAFFERTY, SCHWEIGERT, SWEIGERT, SWIKER posted by Robyn Bonnett on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information on the following Philadelphians:
Hugh McCAFFERTY, b. @1844 (US), married Cecelia DUNN b. @1847 on 27 August 1866 in St. Ann's (Memphis&Lehigh Ave). I'm wondering if (because of his age and the date of their marriage) if Hugh may have fought in the Civil War. I also would like to find both of their parents.
They had several children, my great-grandfather, Cornelius Aloysius McCAFFERTY b. 9 July 1871. He lived at 2646 "Almindo" St., which I think is probably Almond street. He was a teamster. He married Martha BARR b. 15 or 25 March 1874. She previously resided at 1407 Howard St. and was a carpet spooler. I would appreciate information on her family.
Also, Frank J. MACKIN, b. 4 May 1881. Orphaned and raised by "the Reed family", he came to be known as "Reedy". He lived at 2659 Trenton Ave, occupation - riveter. Married Hanna(h) HUGHES (b. 4, 11 or 28 August 1884) on 5 August 1903. Also, Hanna's father, Daniel HUGHES (a coal man) died when she was young. Her mother is listed as Elizabeth SCHWEIGERT/SWIKER/SWIGERT, at the same address. It is believed she came from Lancaster, PA. They had a home in Wildwood, NJ as well. Any information about these people would also be appreciated.
- COLLADAY, FIRENG, MORRISON posted by Barbara Potts on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Need parents of ISRAEL MORRISON, m. CATHARIKA ANN COLLADAY, had daughter, ANN COLLADAY MORRISON who married JAMES FIRENG 29 Nov 1838 in Philadelphia.
- HOOVER, HOVER, HUBER, LUTZ posted by Lois Hoover on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am researching the surname, HOOVER/HOVER/HUBER. Conrad Hoover emigrated from Germany to PA circa 1750; married Mary LUTZ, dau of Bernard Lutz.
Conrad died 30 Jun 1806, aged about 72 years. His wife, Mary, died 28 Jul 1808, aged 66 years. There is no record of them leaving PA.
They had 14 children: Martin, John, Mary, Barbara, Esther, George, Abraham, Christina, Conrad, Joseph, Jacob, Ann, Jonas, Elizabeth.
The 1790 Census for PA: Heads of Families at the First Census of the US taken in 1790" shows a "Conrad" living in Philadelphia. Am trying to find out if the "listed Conrad" is my lineage. Any information will be GREATLY appreciated!
- HARBISON, STEVENSON posted by Pat Vedner on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- My aunt (by marriage) is looking for the parents of Sarah HARBISON STEVENSON. Her death certificate says she died in September 1933 at Phila. General Hospital. Anyone willing to look up an obit for me (I'll pay for the cost of copying and postage.)
The death certificate says she was 50 at the time of her death (no birth information) and there was no information of her parents. The informant was th Rev. Joseph Baird at the hospital. She is buried in Mt. Moriah.
Her husband was William STEVENSON born 31 July 1873 in Philadelphia. He died at age 69 on 2 March 1942, a widower. His parents are listed as James STEVENSON who was born in Ireland and Margaret McColey or McCaloy or any other variation as it is almost unreadable who was born in Ireland. It looks like he was buried in Germanwood (unreadable)
Anyone who can tell me about where to start looking for information in the Philadelphia area for these folks, it would be greatly appreciated.
- SCHWENDEMAN posted by John Hogg on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Bernhard SCHWENDEMAN married Barbara HERRMANN 1850 Philadelphia. They had 6 children, Joseph, Heinrich (Henry), Wilhelm (William), Elizabeth, Mary, Caroline. Bernhard died 1859 and his widow married Joseph HOUSER c 1863. Looking for descendents of this couple, all children known to be alive in 1900 in Philadelphia.
- KILLARD posted by Anthony Killard on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Any information regarding Mary KILLARD, 8W. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA, 1860. May relate to a Mary KILLARD in Columbia, Lancaster Co., PA, resident there in 1870, and born in PA ca. 1921. Any information regarding her or other KILLARDS/KILLIARDS grately appreciated.
- STACY posted by Elizabeth STACY McLean on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- William STACY b.1865-1868 m.1893 Margaret MORRIS b.1868, Ireland. Children: William b.1894 d.1955, James b.1896 d.1965, Juluis(Maurice/Morris)b.1898 d.1900, Charles b.1901 d., and adopted Grace b.1902 d. Is stated that William was born in PA (location unknown). The family resided in Wilimington, DE then by 1910 moved to Race Street in Philadelphia and then later moving to Chew Street Philadelphia.
Please contact, thank you.
- TROXEL, TROXELL posted by Keith Dotson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on Jacob Troxel or his family. Jacob was born in 1758 and served in Philadelphia Co Militia in the Revolutionary War. He later moved to Kentucky where he married a Cherokee Princess and died in 1810. Family name later changed to Troxell with two L's. Thanks for any help.
- MULICA posted by Connie Mettler on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for any info on Jesse, Henry G, or Edward. Listed in the 1887 census. Mulicas originated in New Jersey. Would greatly appreciate any help.
- BAUER, MORGENROTH posted by Georgia Harm Willison on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Carolina Morgenroth Harm, my paternal grandmother, was raised along with four siblings on a farm on Wheatsheaf Lane in what I believe is the Richmond neighborhood of Philadelphia. I believe her parents names were Charles and Katerina (or Catherine) Bauer Morgenroth and they moved from Ottowa County, Ohio to Philadelphia sometime after 1884. The farm was owned by Weisbrot and Hess Brewers. I would be very grateful for information about my grandmother and her family and their life on a "Philadelphia farm" at the turn of the century.
- LEACH, RICHARDS, SIMPSON posted by Elaine May on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- My gggrandfather was William LEACH (b. England) who married Sarah SIMPSON and had 3 sons. Marriage date is unknown, but is assumed in Phila. Co. where the boys were born and probably circa 1846. William died in a train wreck in Sept., 1853. and Sarah remarried a Davis and moved to Delaware.
William Francis RICHARDS was born 1890 in Phila. Co. His father was William H. RICHARDS and mother was Mittie Eva Shamp. William H.'s father was John and his mother was Sarah ROSEMAN. We know next to nothing on these families and would love to know more. Thanks!!
- DEVIESE, DEWEES posted by Pat Dieringer on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Robert DeViese/Dewees settled near Philadelphia after Rev. Was with brother John in LaFayette's army and both stayed after war.
Looking for parents of Daniel Dewees w. Susanna Wolf. Daniel was born c. 18l6, raised by a Mr. Miller in Lebanon Co. PA. Several stories as to why raised by other than family. Appreciate any information that might lead to a connection. Daniel was a blacksmithin Myerstown prior to 1854 when he was injured and left for OH.
- DIIENNO posted by Ronald DiIenno on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am searching for any information regarding my great grandfather, Philip DiIenno. He was born in 1858 in Abruzzo, Italy, in the Province of Chieti, in the town of Civitelle. He married his wife Domenica in Italy and I believe came to Philadelphia sometime in the 1880's. Any information regarding his date of arrival, parents, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
- HOYER posted by Robin Blaikie on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Horace Endriss Hoyer, born in Philadelphia on June 11, 1881. Father was Thomas, mother was Jane. Am interested in ANY AND ALL information on the above, especially Jane.
Address at the time of birth was 2111 Filbert Street.
- HARNESS posted by Kathy Anderson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for my HARNESS ancestors. They came from either Germany or England. Some reports say even France or Holland. They came to the PHILADEPPHIA area.
Thank you for your help.
Jesus loves you!
- BORDNER, LOWE posted by Kathy Anderson on Tuesday, July 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on Michael "Grand Mickey" LOWE. He was born in 1771, and died Nov. 11,1859. I also want information on his wife, Maria Elisabetha "Betsie" Bordner. One or both of them lived in the PHILADELPHIA area. They moved from Pa to N.C. to Scott county, Tn.
Thank you for your help.
Jesus loves you!
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project