- RAMBO, ROGERS posted by Maria Kebler on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- i'm looking for information concerning franklin pierce rambo - 9/4/1884 - 11/8/1957. he was married to rose cecelia rogers - 1/7/1887 - 3/6/1958. they lived in the roxborough section of philadelphia. any information would be greatly appreciated as i've just started researching my family.
- NAULTY posted by Carl W Spik on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I'm searching for information about my great-great-grandfather, George Edward Naulty who, I've been told, arrived in Philadelphia around the mid-1860's. He was one of seven children, though I don't know anything about any of his siblings. He married an immigrant woman from Germany, whose last name was either Singer or Colberger. His children were Edward George, Minnie, and Carrie, all born is the 1890's. I would greatly appreciate any information that might help in my search.
- EICHWALD posted by Martha Eichwald Sickles Stevenson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on my grandfather, ROBERT EICHWALD, born Germany. Lived at 1326 N. 7th St. in 1889. Became a US citizen March 16, 1889. Married Matilda Meyerhoff-had two sons: Herbert b)9/7/1892? and Sidney b)8/24/1895. Herbert was born at 1809 Darien Street. Have no information on Robert's death, occupation, or where in Germany he came from. THANK YOU!
- ASPDEN, DEAN, HANSEL posted by Ed Bradford on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- They all lived in Blockely Township in the early 1800's. Joseph Dean married Esther Hansel in 1820. Esther died giving birth to William Dean in 1821. William Dean married Margaret Aspden in 1840. They all moved to Newark, Delaware in 1845. If you have any information at all on these families please let me know. Thanks.
- CONNOR, SWEENEY posted by Karen Hinkamp on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information about my grandfather's father. I have two copies of my grandfather's birth record. He is William C. SWEENEY,b.11/7/1907. His mother was Mabel CONNER, father William SWEENEY.
- DEMEAUX posted by David Demeaux on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- DEMEAUX, J. L. born abt. 1875, France, spouse, Mae YOUNG. Came to Philadelphia abt 1900. Son, Jean Louis DEMEAUX, b. 25 Oct 1904, Philadelphia, md. Ruth Acacia MOLLENHAUER, 6 Dec 1928, NYC ??. He died 6 Dec 1959, New Orleans, LA. I believe he had a sister who married and had several children. I do not know more. Any help would be appreciated. I was not able to obtain a birth cert. from Philadelphia. They said, "no record." Thanks,
- RIDGWAY posted by Suzanne H. Morders on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching Ridgway from early settlement near Penn's Manor to Bucks County to Philadephia. Late 1600's to 1920.
- HORN posted by Suzanne H. Horn on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching Horn family in Philadelphia from mid-1850 to present. Have connections in Philadelphia to New York and to Maryland.
- FINEGAN, FINNEGAN posted by Suzanne H. Morders on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching for Finnegan/Finegan from Ireland to Bucks County to Philadlephia. 1850 to 1972. 2
- HENDERSON, MILLER, RICHARDS posted by Dottie Klein on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Maggie Miller Richards Henderson. She was born in Ireland in 1875. She was married to a Richards and had 3 children: Florence, Alice and Emma. She then married James Henderson and they had two children Albert James Henderson and Elizabeth. They lived on Dakota St. In the 1910 census James listed his profession as a driver for a wholesale butcher. Both Maggie and James died in the 1910's from tuberculosis. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- ARMINGTON, BACON, NELSON, WHALEY posted by Susan Maier on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am seeking any information on the family of my great-grandfather Robert James NELSON, born in Philadelphia County in 1886. The family is believed to have been Roman Catholic. Parents names unknown; siblings also unknown. Also seeking information about the families of other Philadelphia ancestors: Andrew BACON, who married Nancy ARMINGTON (both born in mid to late 1800s); and Isaac WHALEY (b. 1840). Any assistance or leads would be most hardily appreciated.
- STIEF posted by Frederick L. Steeves on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on HEINRICH STIEF who supposedly came to Philadelphia County from Germany (either directly or indirectly)previous to 1765. He took a sacrament at a church in Roxborough about September of 1765 and became a naturalized American citizen in the county court, perhaps, a month later. In April or May of the next year, he sailed with his wife and sons from Philadelphia to Nova Scotia. I am most interested in tracing his sojourn in the United States with a hope of finding his birthplace in Germany. Many thanks for helping.
- CARPER, CORPER, KERBER, KERPER posted by L. Scott on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Posting for a friend who is ready to publish her family history, but needs the birth record for Frederick KERPER (KERBER, CARPER,CORPER) born in PA, probably Philadelphia County, or Chester Co. His dates, 1736-1789, are on his tombstone at Salem U.C. Church, Campbellstown, PA.
Also searching for death record of Nicholas KERPER (KERBER,CARPER,CORPER) who arrived at Philadelphia on the ship Samuel, 11 Aug 1732. He married Margaretha MARSTELLER 1734 at Trappe Lutheran Church, Philadelphia Co., PA.
- BORACKER posted by Marie F. Buracker Burrill on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Michael Boracker. He shows up in the 1741 census of Phila. Co. By 1749 he's in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Frederick Co., Shenandoah Co. now Page Co. He had a son or brother named Daniel Boracker, wife Elizabeth with 13 children. Any information on this family would be appreciated.
- SEIDEL posted by S. Bowers on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Need Passenger List - Ship:Brothers, arr at Phila 10 Sep 1751 to search for Johann or Heinrich SEIDEL. Will reimburse for cost of copies.
- CHISHOLM, GAULT posted by Chris Kelly on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Andrew CHISHOLM married Sarah Jane GAULT c.1892 in Phila.(both born N.Ire.) Children: Henry, Albert Andrew, Martha, William, Sarah , Howard, Anna,and Emma. Family moved to Camden 1920's where Andrew worked as a church sexton. Andrew and Sarah Jane buried in Pennsauken.Seeking relatives.
- GORDON posted by Eleanor Lovett on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Robert James Gordon b/ Sept 2, 1914 Phila,Son of Samuel & Merryle Davis Gordon, Samuel b/1887 Alabama, Merryle Davis Gordon b/Aug 10, 1895 d/ May 1972 in Phila, Pa. also had a daughter Edna C Gordon b/ Nov 17, 1912 Phila. Last know address 1331 So Melville Ave Phila in the year 1914. I would appreciate any information on finding any family members of Robert James Gordon.
- MURPHINS posted by Tom Murphins on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- We are searching for information on the following:
MURPHINS, Jehu (Jahu), Born 1804, Phila., Pa, Mother Sarah. Murphins, Emmaline, Born March 22, 1829, Murphins, Francis Gaskil, Born July 1, 1830, Spouses: Mary Dawson, Eliza Hess. Murphins, John, born February 22, 1832. Murphins, William, born March 7, 1833. Murphins, Joseph, born December 18, 1834. Mprphins, Charles, born May 21, 1836. Murphins, Edwin, born December 30, 1837. Murphns, Harriet Ann, born October 10, 1839 in New Jersey. Any information would be appreciated.
- HANCOCK posted by Harry Pontius on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am researching the Hancock line of Pa and have many Quaker Hancocks in the Philadelphia area. I have two William Hancocks I am trying to research. Could possibly be Han(d)cock during this period.
1. WILLIAM HANCOCK. Alive in 1729 witnessing his son's marriage at Abington (Horsham) MM on Sep 29, 1729. That's ALL I know about him. Sure can use ANY help and information.
2. WILLIAM H? HANCOCK JR., b 1705?, m Sarah Dawson 9mo 24d 1729 at Abington MM (Horsham) Montgomery Co, Pa, d 31 Aug 1787 (age 82) Philadelphia. Appeared to live around Hatboro, Moreland township, Philadelphia as he bought two acres in 1740. On Apr 25,1754 resided at the manor of Moorland in the county of Philadelphia. On Aug 7, 1761 went from Abington MM to Goshen MM, Chester Co. rocf Jun X, 1761 with Sarah, two children Deborah Dawson and Jane Hancock (dau of John) both minors. On Jun 4, 1767 cert with Sarah and grdau Sarah (very young) to Philadelphia MM, rocf Uwchlan MM Jul 27, 1770. 1768 & 69 paid taxes in Chester (Charles Town). In 1778 Oath of Fidelity and support. On 1780 Pa Tax Lists at West Part of Mulberry Ward, city of Philadelphia. Occupation - carpenter, storekeeper, shoemaker, yeoman.
1. James b Sep 2, 1730, d about 12-9-1796, m ?
2. Issac b ?, m ?, d ? At Goshen MM 9-11-1761 rocf Abington MM dated Jul X, 1761. Uwchlan May 9, 1765 removed from a member of our religious society. Shown in 1765 Chester Co. Rates as Freeman, also in 1769 (Freeman)& 1771 (Sadler) Rates (Charles Town). In Chester Co Sep 24, 1772 signed a marriage cert for John and Susanna Smedley. Recorded deed Nov 27, 1773, Deed Book T, Chester Co. In 1781 Return and Assessment of Berks Co. Living in 1787. In 1790 Census an Issac in Luzerne County (same person?)
3. John b ?, d. before 1787 in Philadelphia. m recorded at Abington MM Apr 25, 1754 to JANE MITCHENER
Somewhere an unidentified Hiram Hancock is floating around in this time period
I can use any additional information on these and any other children and early days of William H(?)
Can you help fill in any blanks or refer me to some good sources?
Thanks for your help,
- COLDWELL, FULTON posted by Chris Coldwell on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- According to the marriage records of the First Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia, John COLDWELL married Latitia (or Lettial) Fulton in 1731. I would like to find out if there is any other PA information on this couple as they may tie into my genealogy. A John and Latitia Coldwell are in Prince Edward County VA in the 1760s.
- WILLIAMS posted by Peter Littlefield on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Private John Washington Williams
Company A, Penn Rifles
Thirty-First Regiment Infantry (Second Reserves)
Born: Philadelphia 26 January 1796
Mustered in on 25 May 1861
Killed on 26 June 1862 at Mechanicsville, Virginia
Looking for his parents. Have his line down to present. His wife was Sussannah Landenberg.
- EININGER posted by Charlie Ott on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am pursuant to information for the EININGER FAMILY. In particular I am interested in JOHN AND MARY (MARIA) OTT EININGER. They lived in Philadelphia in the 1850's and early 1860's.
- CONVER, COX, FLEMING, FOREPAUGH, FULLERTON, LUFFBERRY, MUSGRAVE, REMER, SHREEVE posted by Richard Remer on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seeking information on Godfrey Remer (17??-1780)and his descendants, residents of the city, Northern Liberties and the old district of East Kensington (Fishtown).
- RIDGWAY posted by Rex & Elizabeth Ridgway Levie on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching for birth, parentage of William Henry Ridgway. On May 25, 1904 he gave his age as 48 and his birthplace as Philadelphia, PA on the birth certificate of his youngest son, Richard Shreve Ridgway in Chicago, Il. This would have placed his birth in 1855-56. He apparently went by the name "Henry Ridgway" in later life.
Married Harriet (Hattie) Lyndon in Detroit, Mi sometime prior to 1895, when his oldest son, Roland Lyndon was born. We have reason to believe that Harriet was Roman Catholic, but we are not sure of William's religious affiliations. He was apparently educated as an accountant and served as treasurer or comptroler for a Michigan Piano manufacturing firm prior to the panic of '95.
He was the owner of a copy of a book on the immigrant Richard Ridgway's family which he used to make some notes indicating that he was of this liniage, but we have been so far unable to tie him specifically to one of the main Philadelphia lines, despite a recent three day visit to both the Philadelphia Historical Society and the records of the Library Company from the old Ridgway library. As you know, the birth records prior to 1860 are quite spotty. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
- CHATHAM, COOK, FARRELL posted by Betty Horn on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for birth, residence, siblings, cousins, parents names for Walter DeHaas Chatham, Sr. (my grandfather). Although I have so far been unable to document it, the information I have is as follows: b: 13 Oct 1897, Williamsport, Lycoming, PA. Father; James R. Chatham, b: Jul 1876, Williamsport, Lycoming, PA; Mother: Ida Mae Farrell, b: Jan 1877, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. Spouse: Helen Violet Cook (her second marriage, first marriage to Ed Bishop, Sr.) b: 8 May, 1895, Perth Amboy, Middlesex, NJ. Walter and Helen met and were married in Philadelphia, 15 Feb, 1920. They moved from Philadelphia to Easton, Northampton, PA sometime during my father's youth. My father was Walter DeHaas Chatham Jr. b: 1 Feb 1920 in Philadelphia, and he had 5 step-siblings, one of whom died as a baby. He also had a sister, Hazel, b: 3 Feb 1923, possibly in Philadelphia. She now lives in Maine My father died 1 Oct 1989 in Orlando, Orange, FL and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. My grandfather's grandfather (according to the same unsubstantiated records)was named Joseph and he, too, was from Williamsport, Lycoming, PA Am willing to share any and all info I can glean with any interested parties, with priority going to those who help me. Thankyou for your time,
- LAUGHNER posted by Richard Laughner on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for any information on ROBERT FRANK LAUGHNER. He could have been a streetcar conductor in phillie. He was born possibly in Greensburg, Pa.
- BLACKBURN posted by Joyce Sharpley on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for ancestors/family of Robert Duncan Blackburn 1880-1911, lived in Phila., worked for Phila. Elec. An electric line fell on him and killed him. He married Ethel Pullen 1883-1961, they had one child, Jessie Roberta.
- PHILLIPS posted by Richard Phillips on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching for 2 Thomas Phillips'. 1. m. Rebecca Wells abt 1725 possibly @ Abington MM. This Thomas d. @ Solebury, Bucks Co., Jan 1748/49. 2. may have m. Mercy Jefferson widow of Edward who came on Penn's ship The Mary in 1682. These folks may be the parents of Thomas #1. Any info on other Phillips who may connect to those in Bucks Co. would be greatfully received!
Richard Phillips email@example.com 7
- GAULER, KIMLEY, KINLEY posted by Linda Buras on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on the parentage of John Christian Gauler, born 1842, and wife Anna Catherine Kinley/Kimley, born 1849. They were the parents of: Annie, George, Henry, John Charles, Laura, Ludwig, Martha, May, and Catherine.
- GASSER, GASSLER, WEICK posted by Linda Buras on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for the ancestry of Anton Peter WEICK, born about 1853 in Germany, and his wife, Eva Margaret GASSLER/GASSER, born about 1857. They emigrated to the US in 1882 and were living in Philadelphia by 1886 until about 1900. They were the parents of: Anna, George, August, Anthony, Hedwig, Valentine, Michael, Joseph, and Virginia.
- HUGHES, YONKER posted by Linda Buras on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for the ancestry of Alfred YONKER, born about 1826 and died 1869, who married Mary Maranda Hughes, born 1822. Their children were: Sarah Elizabeth, Alfred, William, Hannah, Mary Ann, and William P. Is he part of the Yost Yonker family?
- MORGAN posted by Joseph F. Gantt on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- All that my 76-year-old mother has ever known about her father HUBERT MORGAN is:
a. He was from Philadelphia and that he was once a carpenter;
b. He was widowed and had son and a daughter (probably in Philadelphia);
c. He was remarried around 1919 (probably in Philadelphia and possibly to a Phillipino woman);
I realize that it is not much information to go on, but it is all that she knows. My mother was born Dorothy Jean Morgan on January 10, 1919, in New Smyrna, Florida, to Carrie Hollar of Asheville, North Carolina, who was approximately 36-years-old at the time. She was born out of wedlock and we cannot find any information concerning her birth in Florida.
Any suggestions on how to research further information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- BOOTH, CLAYTON, DUNCAN, JONES posted by Susan N. Chiaverini on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Any information as it relates to the Clayton family will be appreiciated. Will be glad to share. Looking for the parents of John, Richard, Thomas Clayton, and Susanna EDWARDS, Margaret JONES, Catherine BOOTH, and Jane DUNCAN They lived in the 1700's. Possible relation to CLOSON, JOHNSON, and ERWIN. The names above located in Philadelphia/Montgomery and Bucks Counties. Also, how does the name HIBBS relate to Jonathan Clayton?
- MCLAUGHLIN posted by Linda Shaw on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information on HARRY LEWIS MCLAUGHLIN b. 1851 Philadelphia mar. LETITIA DOUGHERTY 1873 in Phil. HARRY had 2 wives 14 children. Some of the children were PARKHURST , HARRY LEWIS, HELEN, GEORGE DOUGHERTY, MARY D., HARRY D. , NORMAN. The family came from Catholic background but changed to Methodist in Philadelphia. One of the sons, Harry Lewis (2nd) was a Catholic Priest. The father Harry Lewis is reported to have worked as Port Captain of Immigration when it was in Philadelphia. The family lived in or on Tinicum Island.
- ADELIZZI, CAULEY posted by Kevin Salmon on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I would appreciate any help you could give me on my Philadelphia ancestors. My mother, Dorothy Rita Adelizzi Salmon, was born in Philadelphia on Jan.7 1923, and baptized, as I believe, in St. Rita's R.C. Church on S. Broad St. My mother died in Dec 1968 at the Univ. of PA hospital. Her mother, Mary Monica Cauley Adelizzi, was born in 1897 (she is still with us, and will be 100 in a few days) I think in Philadelphia, though I'm not sure, and she's no longer able to answer many questions. I do know that her people came here from Co. Mayo, Ireland.
My maternal grandfather, Joseph (Guiseppe) Carmen Adelizzi, was born in the Naples, Italy area about 1890 and moved to Philadelphia as a small boy.
I am interested in any information you can get about the Cauleys and Adelizzis in Philadelphia.. I apologize for the small help I can be to you. I realize that many Americans know little of their ancestors.
My father's side of the family moved to suburban Philadelphia from Chicago in the 1930s; they would be outside the range of your inquiries, I should think.
Any information you could provide about my grandparents, or their parents (I'm sorry to say that I don't even know their first names) would be very gratefully received.
- MARTIN, TROXELL posted by Diana Martin Lehman on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for parents of my 4g-grandfather Matthias MARTIN (born 1745 or 1748 "in Germantown"; died Feb. 25, 1815 in Emmitsburg, MD). Matthias was married to Anna Barbara Troxell (b. 1750; d. Sept. 13, 1823 in Emmitsburg) on Apr. 24, 1770 according to records of the Germantown Reformed Church. Troxell sources indicate that Matthias had a sister, Elizabeth (b. July 12, 1750; d. May 25, 1825 in Emmitsburg), who married Anna Barbara's brother John Troxell. Elizabeth was confirmed in the Germantown church at Easter 1766, so the Martins were living in the area at that time. Matthias named his first son John, so his father probably was John or Johannes. I have seen reference to a John Martin living in Gwynedd Township about this time, but have no further information. Thanks in advance for any clues or leads.
- CHUDERSKI, PASZKIEWICZ posted by Tom Chuderski on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- My grandparents... Ignacy Jaroslaw Chuderski and Sabina Paskiewicz were married in Philadelphia in 1909. To be exact 14 Feb. 1909, at St. Adalberts RC Church on Allegheny Ave. (not sure if Church is still standing) My understanding is that all of my Aunts and Uncles were born in Philadelphia and were more than likely Baptized in that Church. They were:
Alfred Paul Chuderski b. 1915
Julia Chuderski b. 27 July 1911
Eleanor Chuderski b. Unknown
Helen Chuderski b. Unknown
If anyone knows of this Church and if they do look ups...PLEASE let me know. THANKS MUCH
- WEST posted by Carol Logan on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for parents of Abgail WEST b ? d 1810-15 Frederick Co. VA married 1 Jan 1764 Germantown, Philadelphia Co. PA in St. Michaels Lutheran Chruch to Peter DeHAVEN b 31 Jan 1741 Whitpain Twp., Philadelphia Co. PA d 4 Jan 1822 Frederick Co. VA
- GASKILL posted by Lova H. Overholts on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- (JOB, JOSIAH, ASA) i'AM LOOKING FOR THE DESCENDANTS OF THESE THREE MAN WHOM WERE BROTHERS TO MY GRANDFATHER ( 3X REMOVED), HIS NAME WAS NEHEMIAH GASKILL. ALL 4 WERE BORN IN NEW JERSEY AND THE THREE BROTHERS I'AM LOOKING FOR MARRIED AND LIVED IN PHILADELPHIA IN THE 1800'S. MY GRAND FATHER LIVED IN OHIO AND INDIANA. i'AM INTERRESTED IN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO THEIR PARENTS WERE, THERE ARE SOME POSSIBILITIES, BUT I WANT TO FIND SOME DOCUMENTATION TO PROVE THE PARENTAGE.
- JONES, KUSTER posted by Robin Nevegold Scharff on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for info on William JONES and his wife, Amelia Elizabeth KUSTER. They were married, probably in Philadelphia, circa 1875. Their children were all born in Philadelphia. Children: Kaziah Clark and Willie (twins, b Sept. 24, 1876), Jenny, Margaret, Nellie, and Benjamin Franklin. I will be happy to share info! Thanks.
- GODFREY, JONES, MCKINNEY posted by Robin Nevegold Scharff on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for the family of Charles MCKINNEY, b. Feb 6, 1872 in Philadelphia. He was the son of William Charles MCKINNEY and Mary Anne GODFREY. Charles married Kaziah Clark JONES in 1898. Children: Charles William, Mary Elizabeth, Mildred Clara, Lillian Mae, William Joseph, Herbert Everett, John Godfrey. As far as I know, the children were all born in Philadelphia or Columbia, PA. I will gladly share info!! Thanks.
- CALLAHAN posted by David Callahan on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on a Michael CALLAHAN who was born around 1850 in Philadelphia, PA. He married Rose Kane in about 1877 in Philadelphia, PA. Please contact me with any information or suggestions.
- SCULL posted by Sue Scull McDermott on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information about Benjamin Franklin SCULL born in Philadelphia on Nov 14, 1744 & died there? on July 22, 1802. I am trying to connect him to his son, Hewes SCULL, who was born in PHILADELPHIA county about 1780 & died in Arkansas in 1833. Supposedly there is a publication, The Pennsylvania Magazine of History & Biography in 3 volumes that has a listing of the Sculls of PA. I have been unable to get a copy through the interlibrary loan. I live in TN. I would appreciate any help or tips you could give me.
- MCKEONE posted by Lyle Larkin on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Emma Cathrine dob 9/13/1890 died Phila Oct. 30,1965 had sisters Nellie & Loretta Father was a blind man Mr. McKeone died Phila Jan. 1932 All from North Phila. Nellie married John Snyder and Loretta married a Phlip McLaughlin. Thank you for your efforts!
- FRISA posted by Robert Frisa on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information about Theodore Frisa whi emigrated to Philadelphia in the mid to late 1800's. He was a stained glass worker with a shop in the city.
- FREY posted by Frances Smith on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for info on George Washington Frey, b- about 1864 in Cincinnati, OH but married a Phila. girl and worked on a Philadelphia newspaper. Lived in Phila area until death. Any info on him would be appreciated.
- MAGUIRE posted by Lisa Shea on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Elizabeth Maguire was born in Ireland around 1820 ... she sailed to Philadelphia, PA and married Thomas Fitzsimmons. In 1848 they had Helena Fitzsimmons and from there moved around - Iowa, Illinois, etc. Any information on Elizabeth would be most appreciated!!
- STEEL posted by Algene Steele on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seeking information concerning William STEEL (ca 1769, Philadelphia-?) married ca 1802 Susan GODSHALL (ca 1775, Delaware Co., PA-?). Children: Robert, Charles (maybe Charles Canby), Martha, Edward, Albert, Richard, Susan, and Mary.
William's parents were James STEEL (1731, Phila.-?) and Martha CANBY (1737, Bucks Co., PA-?) married 1758. James and Martha's children: Ann, Robert, Thomas, James, William.
James' parents were Robert STEEL (1697, Chester Co., PA-?) and Elizabeth HUNTER (ca 1704, Ireland-?, Delaware Co., PA), married 1722, Christ's Church, Phila. Elizabeth's parents were John HUNTER (1656-1734) and Margaret ALBIN (?-?). Robert and Elizabeth's children: John, Margaret, Andrew, William, Peter, James.
I know little more than is included here. Can anyone confirm children's names, especially in family of William and Susan GODSHALL STEEL.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- EELLS, ELLS posted by Mark Eells on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for information about the EELLS, ELLS families of Philadelphia. Specifically, George Eells(1846-1921). Was he related to Samuel Robert Eells (1822-1898) and/or Ralph Smith Eells(1797-1845)?
- KALMAN posted by Bernice D. Verret on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information on MORRIS KALMAN b. 11/6/1890 d. 11/28/65, MAY (MARY) GLASER KALMAN b. 4/27/1891 d. 12/17/48, CHARLES KALMAN b.1892 d. 1948, ESTHER KALMAN b. 7/27/1900 d. 12/1/52, LOUIS KALMAN b. 9/16/1897 d. 9/30/59, SAMUEL KALMAN d. 5/20/61, BETTY KALMAN d. 11/3/78, JACOB JOSEPH KALMAN B. 1889 D. 1957, EDMUND KALMAN 1888-1967
- LEIBFRIED posted by Herb Thompson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am currently researching the family of Gottleib LEIBFRIED. Born in 1835 in Wuerttemberg, he emigrated to the US in the late 1850's or early 60's. He married Caroline_______ (b. abt 1840) also from Wurttemberg and had several children including: Henry G. (1864), Louisa (1866), Charles (1868), Kate (1870), Annie (1873), Clara (1875), Frederick (1879), Julie (1883), and William (1885). Louisa, my GG Grandmother married John MURRAY. Gottleib was a successful bake within the city. Any information on this family would be appreciated. THANKS
- CLAYPOOL, SERRIN posted by Barbara Johnson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for the SERRIN family. I have nothing to go on. I know Jabez m Esther Robinson in 1790 at the 2nd ave Presb. Church. I am only going on the name of Jabez as it turns up in later generations, the family moved to DC around 1810-20. and from there I have it documented. Several Serrins served in the Rev from Philadelphia. Anyone that can help on the family name I'd appreciate, even its origin.
The CLAYPOOLS settled with Penn and anything interesting on them would be appreciated. They are buried in Christ Church Cem., names James, John, Helen and James, Jr.
- LAY posted by K. Edward Lay on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Am seeking information on:
Most likely my 5th GGF was Johan Henrich LAY, b. 1720 probably in Germany, is listed in 1782 in Rockhill Twp., Bucks Co., PA Tax List, 300 Acres, as LEY's Estate, in 1780 & 1779 in Rockhill Twp., Bucks Co., PA Tax Lists, with 300 Acres, as Henry LEH, and in 1768 Tulpehoccon Twp., Berks Co., PA (just north of Myerstown) Tax List, with 100 Acres, as Henry LEYS.
But my LAY/LEY/LEI/LOY/LEH/LYE line can only be traced back with definitive documentation to the 1800 Census of Mifflin Twp., Cumberland County, PA, where my 4th GGF, John LAY was listed. He was b. before 1755 in PA, 1m. Eva Margaret HENRY, had 5 sons and 3 daughters in 1800 (at least 2 more sons and 1 daughter were born after 1800), and d. c 1820 in Toboyne Twp., Perry Co., PA. His second wife, Hannah, was b. 1770 in Philadelphia Co., PA.
John LAY c 1755 PA - c 1820? (my 4th Great Grandfather):
1790 MONTGOMERY CO. Census, John LEY (b. bef. 1774) with 2 females (Montgomery Co. formed in 1784 from Phila. Co. - near Philadelphia). 1783,82,81 Frederick Twp., Phila. Co. Tax Lists, John LAY. 1777 Capt. Dotterer's Company from Frederick Twp., Phila. Co. Associators, John LAY. 1769 Phila. Co. Tax List, John LAY. 1768,1767 Brecknock Twp., Berks Co. Tax Lists, 50 Acres, John LEY. 1m. c 1770s Eva Margaret HENRY (b. bef. 1755):
LAYs are listed in LAY FAMILY GENEALOGY by J. Gilbert Lay, 1971, THE LOY FAMILY IN AMERICA by Jennie E. Stewart and William E. Lynch, Jr., 1984, THE CHRISTLIEB FAMILY by Benjamin F. Christlieb, 1895, republished 1981, and THE LAY OF THE LAND newsletter since 1995 (Bettie Lay Rehling, Ed., 4927 Gresham St, St Louis, MO 63109,
- DOUGHERTY posted by Beverly L. Gray on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information on my grandmother Marie Dougherty born in Philadelphia, August 1913, Died in Philadelphia May 1, 1935, married Noble Young, they had two children Dereda Marie Young born September 20, 1931 and Noble Young, Jr. born August 1934. Marie's parents names were James Sr. and Anna Ripins.
- BRIEN, FREY, HEFFERNAN posted by Sally Kerstetter on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on Catherine Theresa O'brien, born in Philadelphia on May 29, 1910. Her fathers name was John O'brien and her mothers name was Catherine Heffernan. She married a William H. Frey, also of Philadelphia and they had two children, William and John. They divorced around 1941 or so and William H. was not heard from again. Catherine Theresa also had a sister named Mary who married a James TADLEY and they lived in Collegeville, PA. I would like to find out more about Catherine's parents, grandparents, etc. and anything on William H. Frey and what became of him.
- WALDRON posted by Suzanne Weinheimer on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for info about the family of Alfred M. WALDRON. He died June 29, 1952 (aged 87, which means he was born around 1865) in Philadelphia. According to the brief death notice in the NY Times, he was a Republican member of Congress; served the Fifth Congressional District of Philadelphia from 1932-1934.. Brief news item gave no mention of survivors, etc. I'm trying to determine if this Alfred Waldron is an Alfred Waldron whom I have in my family tree, but with no information. Would like to get siblings/parents/spousal/children information about this person. Thank you!
- APP, KLEMM, REEVES posted by Steve Kershaw on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- APP, GEORGE W., MARRIED ANNE M. REEVES JULY 7, 1872 IN THE GERMAN REFORMED CHURCH, 1541 NORTH SEVENTH STREET, PHILADELPHIA. THEY HAD 4 CHILDREN, THE ONLY DAUGHTER MY GRANDMOTHER CAROLYN A, BORN 1876. GEORGE APP'S FATHER WAS ALSO GEORGE APP, MANUFACTURED PUMPS ON FRANKFORD AVENUE, WIFE'S NAME MAY HAVE BEEN MARY. ANNE REEVES & GEORGE APP DIVORCED BEFORE 1885, I KNOW NOTHING OF HER EXCEPT THAT HER MOTHER'S NAME WAS MARY REEVES & MAY HAVE HAD A STORE ON HOPE STREET. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND ANY INFORMATION I CAN ABOUT ANNE REEVES AND HER FAMILY. ALSO, MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER WAS AUGUST KLEMM, CAME FROM BREMMIN, GERMANY, DON'T KNOW WHEN, BUT I KNOW THERE WERE RELATIVES IN PHILADELPHIA. ANY INFO YOU CAN FIND WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
- ARTSDALEN, VAN posted by John Van Artsdalen on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Birth dates,parents,wives of: silas william VAN ARTSDALEN, born C 1805. Believe he was born in ByBerry Township, Philadelphia,possibly in Bucks County Three daughters c1850's, Phebe Ann(C1830),Elizabeth, Anna Mary by Euphemia (?). Three boys, Silas William jr(1857). Alfred, and Nathaniel, probably by a second wife in Delaware City, Del.
- ELLIS, ROBERTS posted by Lloyd Dubart Ellis on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- In Philadelphia County am searching for relations and relationship of Welsh families who immigrated to the colonies 1600-1700.
Names ROBERT ELLIS, ELLIS ELLIS, ELLIS ROBERTS.
ELLIS family later moved to Loudoun Co., VA.
- YERKES posted by Dorothy Estelle Olson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for the parents of a JOSEPH B.YERKES, born aprroximately 1845 1845 or 1846. Married to a Mary B. (maiden name unknown) born aprrox. 1850. Had a son Henry R. born 1870, a daughter Maud B. born 1873 or 1874. (She is my great-grandmother) A son Rupert born 1877 and a daughter Rebecca born in 1878. He may have had other children, but not that I'm aware of. In 1880 he was living in Hatboro, Montgomery Co.,Pa. In 1870 he was in Doylestown. We know that Maud was born in the state of Michagen. From the census we have that his father is from Pa and his mother from N.J. Maud married a Gustave Lau from Philadelphia. Maud had a son named Harman, who died around 1935. My Uncle(her grandson from a daughter Estella) is named Harman Yerkes Rowen. He was always told it was a family name. Any help or leads would be appreciated.
- ROTHWELL posted by Pam Laferty Currie on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for any information about Peter and Maryann ROTHWELL. Their daughter Elizabeth ROTHWELL LAFERTY (my great grandmother) was baptized at St. James M. E. Church in Olney-Philadelphia. Thank you.
- BAKER, BARGER posted by Joy Firtell on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- My ggrandfather Ambrose Baker married Mary Barger on 5 Mar 1849 in Phil. Pa., by the Rev. John Street. They had three children. Rachel, b 13 Jan 1851, Ambrose, Jr. b 12 Mar 1853 and Henry, b 8 Jul 1861. Ambrose Baker enlisted in the Pa. volunteers 26 Dec. 1863 and was killed in Virginia at Petersburg 30 Sept 1864. Rachel Baker married John Henry Herdman either in Phila. Pa. or Del. Her son was my grandfather John Henry Herdman [jr] b 27 Nov 1869. Sent to Phil. co. for my grandfather's birth certificate, they have no record. Any help as to where I can find more information would be most appreciated. Thank you!
- LEACH posted by Verna Leach Bice on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- LEACH,John found in the 1840 Census of Philadelphia County. Any inforation on this line would be Great!
- KLINGLE posted by Charlotte Smith on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Researching Geo KLINGLE M.D. graduate of U of P 1816 and practiced in Philadelphia. Died 1840. Married 2nd mary Hunt MORRIS.
- TIERS posted by Charlotte Smith on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- researching TIERS family of Philadelphia. Cornelius, Margaret, Catherine..all in Philadlephia early 1800's. Some Tiers came in 1752 to Philadelphia also and are of the same family.
- BRUTSMAN posted by Bill Scholtes on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Adam Brutsman b. ca 1770 in now Mongomery Co, Hatboro 3 sons- Adam, Jacob, & Phillip. looking to exchange info!
- DREGER posted by Philip Dreger on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Am looking for information on DREGER family. Grandfather Robert A. Dreger migrated to USA about 1880? Lived in Philadelphia most of his life. As a married man lived in South Philadelphia had nine children. Moved to West Philadelphia in mid 1920's. Wife name Anna Sweeney Dreger.
Thanks for the help.
- KYTE posted by Alfred Skinner on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seek info, par./anc. of ELIZABETH KYTE who m. John Child abt, 1809 Phila, begat James Child(s) b. 1810 wh m. Louisa MEREDITH 27 Nov 1834 Phila, she b. 1818 dau of Samuel & Rachel (Blyther or Lehman) Meredith. Will appreciate any info. on these families.
- HART posted by Barbara Emery on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seeking information on the following: JOHN HART, signer of The Declaration of Independence. B. 1711 either N.J. or Connecticut.D.11 May 1779. m. DEBORAH SCUDDER abt. 1740. Am interested in documented information regarding his descendants. My John Hart, prob b. N.J. in 1756 eventually settled in Greene Co. Pa. Thank you,
- EMERY, YOCUM posted by Barbara Emery on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seeking parents of REBECCA YOCUM b. 1746, Philadelphia. m. 17 July 1762 to AMBROSE EMERY. Thank you,
- MCDOWELL posted by Claire McDowell Friedenberg on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am trying to trace my father's family. I recently found a reference to my father's father, who supposedly left his family and then died when my father was still a child. The information I have is that he died in January 1929 in Philadelphia, and that he was a journalist for the Philadelphia Bulletin. His name was Cecil McDowell (although he may have been living under an assumed name?). He was born on April 8, 1890 in Athens, Tennessee. I would greatly appreciate any info, as my father died some years ago, and I am left to my own devices. Thanks,
- ENGLE, JESSUP, ROADES, WILCOX posted by Ken Thompson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Interested in information about JOHN ROADES (Rhoades) b. Derbyshire, England, d. Whitemarsh twp Phil Co. Married to HANNAH WILCOX daughter of BARNABUS WILCOX married 1692. Seven known children, daughter MARY married 1st GEORGE CUSTER, 2nd WILLIAM THOMAS JR, 3rd WILLIAM ENGLE. JOHN ROADES parents are reported to be JOHN ROADES and ELIZABETH JESSUP, may have first lived in Chester Co. in early 1700's.
- COWAN posted by Ellen Hurdel on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- ALEXANDER COWAN b.abt 1890 m.1905 d.1915-1927 need a look up or maybe someone has a connection. He married HELEN HULL had two girls ISABELLE and ALICE. He lived at 551 N.63rd St.. Philadelphia PA. I have almost no other info on this family. Alice married in Phil. to Slamon Jaber. Isabelle to O'Malley. Helen married McIntyre and moved to Maine.
- ALLEN posted by Gene Ballentine Rooks on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seeking biographical info from Nathaniel ALLEN, one of Penn's commissioners who em. in 1681, and his son Nehemiah married an EARLSMAN, and their son Nathaniel married Hannah WEBB, and their son Joseph ALLEN m. Jane CASDORP, and their daughter Mary ALLEN b. 1756 married Thomas McCLINTOCK in 1784. I have a copy of a 10 shilling note signed by Joseph ALLEN in 1773, am interested in what his position was in the government at that time. He was a cabinetmaker by trade, but I have heard the Allen family was involved in the pre-Revolutionary political scene.
- GOLLOF posted by Irene Kay Seff on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching for information on JOSEPH GOLLOF, born circa 1869 in Russia, possibly ODESSA. Died 1937 in Philadelphia of pneumonia.
- JORDAN, SHAY, SPEEL posted by Ricardo Barrera on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching for information on Charlotte JORDAN born about 1820 in Nova Scotia. She was married to Samuel SPEEL in 1850 he was a glass blower who died Jun 21, 1851. She then married a Samuel SHAY who died Feb. 4, 1869. Charlotte lived in Philadelphia from at least 1850 onwards until her death on May 10, 1882 of Malaria.
- HARVEY posted by Mike Harvey on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am seeling info on William J. Harvey, born c. 1885, married to Anna Anderson (Andersen) c. 1917. They had four children, Raymond, Rosemary, Richard and Ralph. William worked for the John B. Stetson Co. from 1903 unitl 1953. Any info would be greatly appricated.
- MANSER posted by Shawn Manser on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- any and all decendents of james manser settled phila abt 1850
- STOLTZ posted by Bonita Hillmer on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seeking any information on STOLTZ in Philadelphia, PA during the 1700s. I have a Christian STOLTZ who died 1777 in Philadelphia. Also, searching Adam STOLTZ b: about 1743 in PA ... Have been unable to locate will as yet.
Any help would be appreciated.
- HOOPER posted by Laura Candace Hooper on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for George HOOPER, who married Sarah Thorne (from Lockport, IL) in mid 1850s, had one son who died, one son born 1858/9 named George Lewis Hooper. Legend has it that George HOOPER died just before/after George Lewis' birth. George HOOPER or his father was a riverboat pilot. Can't find any record of marriage, births, death. All of these were reported to have happened in Philadelphia, though after his death, Sarah and baby moved back to Lockport.
- SIBSON posted by Catharine Helck on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for descendants of the William SIBSON family who emigrated from England to Germantown ca. 1845. My descent goes to my grandmother, Elaine SIBSON, b. 1903/1908 in either Germantown or Whitemarsh, Montgomery Co. Her father was Lewis SIBSON, mother Millie COLLUM. Lewis' father was William SIBSON, mother Lillian CORBIN. Lewis was b. 1874, Phila., d. ???, NYC. Besides Elaine, he was also the father of Lillian, b. 1912 in Whitemarsh; and Mary Lou, b. 1920 prob. in Ridley Park. Lewis worked on Panama Canal. Anyone descended from the earlier SIBSONS or related to Lewis please be in touch. Thanks.
- DEVLIN, MCLAUGHLIN posted by Dave Beilfuss on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am seeking descendants of John McLaughlin (b. about 1755) and his wife Catherine (b. about 1756 in Philadelphia) and their daughter Mary McLaughlin Devlin (b. 7/24/1794; died about 1878) and son in law Patrick DEVLIN (b. about 1808; died 8/26/1852). Most if not all of their lived were spent in Philadelphia.
- KENNEDY posted by Steve Hrivnak on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information on a (first name unknown) Kennedy, who had at least 3 children; John Joseph (b abt 1885 - d 1929), Thomas and Mary. They came to the Philadelphia area around 1890. Earl Kennedy said his father John Joseph, died when he was 11. He never met his grandfather nor his aunt or uncle, Mary and Thomas, because they lived in Philadelphia, and John Joseph lived in Wash. DC. According to Earl, his grandfather, ? Kennedy left Ireland during the potato famine for England. Earl's father John Joseph, was supposively born there. The family then moved to the USA and settled in Philadelphia. John Joseph then moved to Washington DC before 1910.
- BURNS posted by Ron Williams on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for info on or descendants of JOSEPH B. BURNS. He was born in County Down, Ireland in November, 1846 and immigrated to America circa 1854. His wife's name was Margaret and he had four sons, Joseph A., George T., Harry S. and Robert E. In 1900 he lived on Meredith Street and in 1910 he lived on W. College Ave. He was a carriage painter by trade as was his two oldest sons. I believed he died in the 1920's.
- KANE, OKANE posted by Jaque Kane-Rinehults on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am searching for any relations of Daniel Kane b. aprox. 1860 in Ireland married Bridget ?? b. aprox 1870 in Ireland, children: Daniel b. aprox. 1896, John b. aprox. 1897, Margeret b. aprox 1898, Mary b. aprox. 1907, all in Pa. All were living in Philadelphia.(this information was found on the 1920 census). Daniel #2 married Katharine Niland b. aprox 1897 in Ireland, Children: Daniel b. 1918 in Philadelphia, "Kitty" b.??, possibly others. Daniel #3 is my grandfather, he has passed and we have no other relations that we know to find out any information. Any Help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!
- FUHR, HAYS posted by Tawny D. Green on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching for George FUHR & Amanda HAYS. George FUHR was my 4th great grandfather. Born May 1818 in Philadelphia Co. Amanda HAYS his wife, born 18 Jul 1820 in Philadelphia Co. Wanting to find their parents and so on. They were married 18 May 1839 in PA. First child was born in Philadelphia Co. Seeking any information on these two lines. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- FINCK posted by Barry J. Finck on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information about Dr. Anthony Finck from Philadelphia. Also looking for George Finck immigrated to Philadelphia in the 1700's.
- NOBLE posted by Adele Robertson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for any information about Samuel Tucker Noble, born about 1848 (place unknown), died 1910 in Philadelphia, Pa. Lived in Philadelphia Co. Pa. Was in Union army during Civil War; most probably in a Phila. Co. unit as a drummer boy. Married to Sophia Wehler, date unknown. Parents names, unknown. Siblings unknown, birthdate and place unknown. Member of the GAR in long standing. Thank you for any help you can give.
- PARVIN, PITT, PUSEY posted by Linda H. Smith on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Need info on ch. of Caleb PUSEY b. 1769, d. 1838 Philadelphia Co., Pa & Susannah PARVIN b. 1785. Also need info on Pearson PARVIN b. 1734 & Mary PITT. Their ch. Francis, Pearson, William Pitt, and Benjamin PARVIN, all b. Philadelphia Co., Pa.
- CRIPPS posted by Freddie Earl on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I would like some information on a John CRIPPS, born in Philadelphia County about 1832.
- LUCKE, LUECKE posted by Peter Luecke on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I Am searching for any relatives from the Phila. Area. I has been told that my great great grandfathers name was Joseph Luecke(or Lucke) and that there is some reference from St. Peter's Catholic Church in Phila.
- MAROTTA posted by Eugene Marotta on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Searching information on Frank and Mary Marotta married around 192? Lived in South Philadelphia (Rose st.) Thank you,
- MCILHENNY posted by Judy Baity on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information on the name McIlhenny , the information I have on my McIlhennys goes as follows:
John and Mary Sweeney (nee Flannagan) born Ireland
Mary Sweeney married Bernard McGinty
Their children were Margaret, James and Barbara
Margaret married Alber McIlhenny (my fathers parents) their children were, Albert, James, Mildred , Margaret
Albert Sr. parents names were John McIlhenny and Catherine McIlhenny (nee McAnally)
Albert Jr. married Dorothy (nee Cameron)
James married Ellen(Nellie Jones)
Margaret married Louis Giambrone
Mildred married John Branda and disappeared in1952 (searching for her now)
any information anyone has would be appreciated
- CAMERON, SLOVER posted by Judy Baity on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- My name is Judy Baity and I am researching my mothers family . My mothers name was Dorothy McIlhenny (nee Cameron). Her parents names were Henry Cameron who was born March 2, 1903 and Margaret Cameron (nee Slover) who was born May 2, 1899 her parents names were Somers Slover and Ella Ceceil Slover (nee Welsh). My grandfathers parents names were John Cameron and Elizebeth Cameron (nee Doberstein). Any information would be appreciated. Thank You,
- JOYCE posted by Susan Melson on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- I am looking for the family of my great-grandfather. I have very little to go on at this point except for a letter written to my mother from her Uncle in 1958. My great-grandfathers name was James Nicholas Joyce and he married Annie Kelly circa 1880. My great-uncle mentions that if the Joyce's could be found Philadelphia, but that his grandfather's portrait hung in the Wayne County courthouse. I don't know if my great-grandfather, James N. Joyce was born in the United States or Ireland, but I am sure his wife was born in Ireland. My great-uncle Peter Joyce also said in his letter that if ever anyone wanted to find anything out about the Joyce family then they should look in Philadelphia. If anyone can help me I would appreciate your help very much.
- DARCY posted by Richard Darcy on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Seek info on birth, death, spouse (Catherine) of John Darcy, b. Tipperary, Ireland about 1870, died Philadelphia, about Aug, 1905.
- GAISER, GAISSER, GUISER, GUIZER posted by John Patrick MacKenzie on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Looking for information on Johannes (John) David Gaisser. Other spellings are possible, including GUIZER, GAISER, GUISER, etc. Johannes left Freudenstadt, Germany in 1816, and worked as a blacksmith for a short time in Philadelphia. Johannes then left for Lauderdale County, Alabama. My first record for him in Alabama are 1825 He was not married while in Philadelphia. I do not have any records of him arriving in America with anyone else from the GAISSER family. Any information is appreciated, I would be happy to return the favor by doing Southeastern U.S. research for you.
- ELLENBERG, ELLENBERGER, LOVINGIER posted by Jody Murphy on Thursday, May 15, 1997
- Am searching for a Louisa ELLENBERG(ER) m. Christopher LOVINGIER 1796 and divorced him 12/12/1800 in Philadelphia.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project