- BOURGUIGNON, WALTER posted by Jack Bowman on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Searching for any information on the family of Henry WALTER(S) born abt 1795 died aft 1870 married Hannah M. born abt 1799 died bfr 1870. Known children:Joseph abt 1829, Mary abt 1831, Emanuel S. Apr 1832, Ellen abt 1834, Lewis abt 1836, and Margaret W. abt 1838. Emanuel married abt 1855 Henrietta, son Emanuel S. 1868-bfr 1908 married 1880 Anna BOURGUIGNON. The WALTERS family listed themselves as master plasterers through three generations in the Germantown area.
- GREAR posted by Jacob O. Grear IV on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I'm looking for and to share any information about the GREAR family in Philadelphia. They were primarily located in the Spring Garden section of the city. I've traced back to Nicholas Grear 1761-1839. He lived for many years on the SW corner of 8th &Callowhill. The HSP even has a painting of his house. The GREAR's lived in Philadelphia for over a hundred years. They were primarily victuallers, butchers, and provisioners.
- SCHMIDT, SMITH posted by Rev. Robert E. Smith on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information related to Sebastian SMITH/SCHMIDT of Skippackville, in PA ca. 1720s-1750, and his sons John and Leonard SMITH/SCHMIDT and their children. I'm especially interested in the Reformed Church Records for the town of Skippackville. The goal is to determine if my anscestor George SMITH/SCHMIDT of Mt. Bethel and Sussex Co., NJ is the son of John or Leonard.
- WEBBON posted by Geraldine Ellen Stoveken Keith on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- My grandmother was born August 14, 1877 in Philadelphia,Pa. She had 2 sisters, one was named Daisy and the other was named Rose. Lillie married Edward Duryea Stoveken who was born August 15, 1877 in Bayonne, New Jersey. They were married Feb.6, 1898 at Bushwick Baptist Church in Brooklyn, New York. They had a total of 11 chidren. A set of twins died at birth, and two sons died at an early age. The remaining 7 children all married and had families. I would like any information on my grandmothers parents, grandparents or anyone who is related to Lillie Webbon.
- KELLY, MULLEN, TOOLE, WELLOCK posted by George Wellock on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on family from the Philadelphia area. My grandfather was George WELLOCK and he married Anna Marie KELLY around 1908 in Philly. Anna Marie KELLY's parents were John KELLY and Anastasia O'TOOLE. They were married ca 1889 and had three children,i.e., Anna Marie, Daniel and Walter. John KELLY's father was also John KELLY who was born in 1856, perhaps in Ireland. He married Anna MULLEN around 1873. Anna MULLEN had a brother Hugh. I am looking for any information to fill in on any of these families.
- DOLL, KESSLER, LEYRER, MILLER posted by Joan Wetzel on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on John Henry Miller Leyrer b.Nov. 29,1862 d.Sept.12,1924 parents are Charles Leyrer and Amanda Miller. He married Louisa Christine Kessler b. Aug 22,1867 d.Mar 18,1965 parents are Michael Kessler and Margaret Doll. Children are Elmer, Elwood, Margaret m.a Phillips,John, Mabel m. a Glawbreck, Walt,Katie,& Ella m. Wm.Coffey. They lived in Germantown.
- MALLATRATT posted by Sharon Newall on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for information about my Mallatratt family who emigrated from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England in the 1850's. They were known to have lived in the Germantown area. Another family member was Thomas Simpson Powell.
- WEBBER, WEBER posted by James Krohe Jr. on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I would be grateful for information re one Jacob WEBER (also spelled Webber), a German-born blacksmith who lived in Philadelphia from 1852 to 1860, when he ventured west to Illinois--where and under what circumstances he plied his trade, details re his emigration. etc.
- KROENER posted by Teri Cleaveland on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- KROENER, Walter: Philadelphia Census, June 2, 1880, pg 6, Enumeration Dist. 392
KROENER, Emily W F 29 no occupation Bavaria Bavaria Bavaria
KROENER, Walter W M 31 Brickmason PA Bavaria PA
KROENER, Emma W F 9 at school PA PA Bavaria
Family living with Emily's Mother and her other children ( Clara Shoemaker [Schumacker)
Believed to have drowned within 10 yr of this census in an area river.
- SCHUMACKER, SHOEMAKER posted by Teri Cleaveland on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- SCHUMACKER/SHOEMAKER, Clara Jun 2, 1880 census, Philadelphia pg 6 enumeration dist 392
SHOEMAKER, Clara W F 51 keeps the house Bavaria Bavaria Bavaria
KROENER, Emily W F 29 no occupation Bavaria Baaria Bavaria
Walter(soninlaw)W M 31 Brick mason PA Bavaria PA
Emma(granddau) W F 9 at school PA PA Bavaria
Shoemaker, Otto (son) W M 26 works in bakery PA Bavaria Bavaria
Annie(dau) W F 20 dressmaking PA Bavaria Bavaria
Robert(son) W M 19 makes paper boxes PA Bavaria Bavaria
Charles(son) W M 18 works in confectionery PA Bavaria Bavaria
Sophia(dau) W F 16 at home PA Bavaria Bavaria
Clara(dau) W F 15 makes paper boxes PA Bavaria Bavaria
Julia(dau) W F 14 at home PA Bavaria Bavaria
Lena(dau) W F 13 at school PA Bavaria Bavaria
I believe that Clara's husband's name was Andrew. Because their first child was born in Bavaria, I assume that this family arrived about 1851/54. Emily/Amelia, Emma and several Schumackers moved to Montana. Charles and Sophia were witnesses to Emma's marriage to Louis STOLL 4/10/1892 at Helena Montana. Further information about this family would be appreciated.
- HESS, WEISBROD posted by Grant Dinsmore on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Would like any information on George Weisbrod, Sr., who, with my great-grandfather Christian Hess, founded the Weisbrod and Hess Oriental Brewery in Kensington, north Philadelphia between 1882 and 1939.
- CLEASLY, GODSHALL posted by Diana Chesser on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Searching for information about FREDERICK GODSHALL (b. 1763PA - d. 1830 TN) AND CATHERINE CLEASLY, who married on Oct. 15, 1783, in Swedes' Church, Philadelphia. By 1795, they migrated to Greene County, TN with their children: John, Elizabeth, Christenah, Christopher, and Margaret. Any information about the Godshall family or Cleasly family will be appreciated. Also wonder if anyone knows if Swedes' Church in Philadelphia is still in existence?
- CHAPMAN, DODD, RUDOLPH posted by Tracey Marcelo on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I'm looking for information about Joseph RUDOLPH (born ca. 1825 in PA). He and his wife Jane CHAPMAN (born ca. 1827) in NJ and children Eliza Jane (ca. 1847) and Suzanne (ca. 1849) were in the 1850 Philadelphia census. Joseph is in Philadelphia business directories beginning 1850 as an oak cooper. I could not find them in the 1860 census but Joseph was in the New Albany, Indiana business directory in 1865. I find Joseph and Jane in the New Albany, Indiana censuses 1870 and 1880. Then they seem to disappear. Their daughter Suzanna (Suzie) was with them in the 1880 census along with her husband David DODD (born ca. 1845 in PA), and their daughters Laurine DODD and Jennie DODD.
I also have a picture I would guess from the 1880s-1890s that was taken at a portrait studio in Manayunk. On it is written Nan Annie RUDOLPH. I don't know who she is.
- RODGERS, WHEELER, WOLF posted by Robert Livingston on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seeking any information on the above families' ancestors and descendants. 1850 Census lists John H. Wolf as a 36 year old Railroad Agent in the Lombard Ward of Philadelphia. His wife was Margaret Williams, 36 years old. Children were Hannah Rodgers Wolf, 11; William Wolf, 8; Mary Wolf, 6; Eliza Wolf, 4; and George Rodgers Wolf, 5 months. Margaret's sisters, Eliza Williams, 20, and Mary Williams, 33, also lived in the household. Another woman, Mary M. Rodgers, 25, lived here also and may have been a cousin. Hannah grew up to marry William S. Wheeler, listed in the 1850 Census as a 17 year old painter. He was born in PA as were most of the above. I know nothing of his parents. In 1864 Hannah and George moved to Coos Bay, Oregon.
- BLACK, WOOD posted by Billie Stan on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for any information on FREEMAN BLACK, MONTROVILLIE A. WOOD. The BLACKS lived in Phila Pa. F. BLACK was listed in the Phila city directory dated 1909. He is connected in some way with a SAMUEL BLACK from Scotland. Perhaps a father or brother. My Gr. Mother was named after Freeman. Martha FREEMAN BLACK.
MONTROVILLE WOOD, lived in the Germantown area of Phila. He had three children. ADA, CHARLES, MARY. ADA lived in Norristown. I have believe he lived in the in the late 1900 hundreds. He died sometime around 1926.
Any information will be helpful. Thanks
- DRAESS, DRIES posted by Jack E. Treese on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seeking information on Peter DRAESS of Philadelphia. DEU1733(as DRIES)>PA d.1766-1777. Peter DRAESS was a deacon of the Lutheran St. Michael's Church. I would like to obtain the names of his wife and children, their dob, dod, etc.
- TIELE, WIEDENFELD posted by Liz Le Cour on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- TIELE, Elizabeth b. abt. 1812 in Darmstadt, Hesse, Germany m. Henry WIEDENFELD (b. abt. 1810 in Darmstadt, Ger. They had one (?) dau. Wilhelmina C. Wiedenfeld who was b. in Ger. 1837 and died in Philadelphia, PA. Oct. 14, 1905. Wilhelmina m William PHILLIPS, 25th June, 1860 St. Peters R.C. Ch. She is buried in St. Peters Cem. Phil., PA. Elizabeth is located on the Phil. 1860 Census as a housekeeper for her mother-in-law. No trace of her after that.
- MATZINGER posted by D. Robbins on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seeking parents of Christianna Matzinger, b.Jun 14 1778 Philidelphia Co., PA
- SMILEY posted by Teddy Goodrich on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- SMILEY, ANNA - Searching for information on my grandmother who lived in Philadelphia 1900-1930. Her children were Helen, Florence, Julia, Alfred, Ernest, and Theodore. She was a widow, not sure of my grandfather's first name. She painted China for a living.
- BISSEGGER, TREFZER posted by Kerry Johnson on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for any info on either of these two names. Abraham Bissegger came from Switzerland (time unknown) and married Maria Magdalena Trefzer (German Born). Abraham died during the civil war in Co A 5th Penn Cavalry (1863) The roster of that unit shows a man named Adam Bissegger don't know if he is any relation. Abraham is buried at the Frankford Road Cemetary. Does this cemetary still exist?
I believe that Maria Trefzer had a brother living in Philadelphia at the time.
- TARPY posted by Patricia Childers on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am searching for any information on Thomas Tarpy he was born in Co. Mayo, Ireland around 1836. Thomas Tarpy came to the Philadelphia area around 1848. All I know is that he had 2 brothers John, and Charles Tarpy. Thomas came to Lancaster, Ohio and married Mary Morris in 1865. If you hav any information for me please reply.
- WEISS, WEISSENBERGER posted by Joe Broderick on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Im researching above surnames. chrysostom WEISS and family arrived usa from forchheim baden (germany) in 1817 to baltimore, were in phila by 1821. they had at least 5 children in germany then had 3 more in phila. they are franz anton , johan , george , aloyis, and johanna born in germany and maria, francis, and julia born in phila. john weiss married elizabeth wolf, holy trinity church about 1830 they had 5 children born 1830s and early 40s. george weiss married julia weissenberger in 1826. they had 7 children and moved to st marys pa in 1844. julia had many brothers and sisters, among them, franz anton weissenberger and regina weissenberger. who remained in phila. id appreciate any info anyone has on any of the above. thanks,
- BARNES posted by Louis N. Barnes on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Request info on GEORGE WASHINGTON BARNES, B. Apr. 13, 1836 in PHILA. CTY. Private in 23rd Vols. Co.D. Wounded at Fair Oaks Va., May 31st, 1862. Names of parents, brothers, sisters, very helpful.
- TODD posted by Maria Perry on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for the birth record of Sarah Maria TODD who was born in Philadelphia May 29, 1727. Her parents may have been Samuel TODD and Ann HOUSTON. Sarah may have had a sister named Nancy. If anyone has access to birth records and is willing to do a lookup I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks.
- SPEAKMAN, VANWINKLE posted by Tara Perrien on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- SPEAKMAN, Chalkely m: Ellen VAN WINKLE, son Wilmott SPEAKMAN b: 16 Feb 1871 in Philadelphia d: 4 Mar 1949 in West Chester, PA m: 1) Sara A. FARRA b: 11 Sep 1871 in East Goshen, PA d: bef 1906 in West Chester, PA m: 2) Mary Emma GAMBLE b: 19 Apr 1868 in Colora, Cecil, MD d: 13 Dec 1948 in West Chester, PA. I am looking for any info pertaining to Wilmott's parents and above.
- SHAND posted by Janice Shand on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Searching for info. about Charles Edward Shand, born in Germantown, PA late 1880's or 1890's, married Suevilla Albright. Children were Charles Edward, George E., Janet, Susanne, William, and Helen, who were placed in orphanages because Suevilla and another child died during childbirth.
- GRIFFIN posted by Barbara Sullivan on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Almon B. Griffin, a Union Civil War veteran, is buried in Philadelphia, PA. His wife was Olive Cobb and his daughter was Wilhemina J. Griffin (d. 18 Oct 1935).
Specifically, I would like to find where he's buried but any information would be greatly appreciated.
- AARON posted by Mike Spainhour on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for information on the Aaron surname. Abraham Aaron b 1732/34 Lancaster, PA move to VA 1760's Abraham would be my 4th great grandfather. I saw a reference to a Jonas Aaron (1703) thought to be the first Jewish resident of Philadelphia wondering if they are connected. Any information on where one might look for more information?? Thank You
- KELLER posted by John F. Keller on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am searching for information on George Washington Keller, b. 2/22/1832 or his brother David P. Keller(Carnegie, PA). Both were Masons. Descendents include F.E.Keller, M.D. of Philadelphia (b.1892-d. 1982) and John Milton Keller, MD, b. 1/12/22.
- GEARHEART posted by Mike Brennan on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am Looking for Information on Arthur James GEARHEART, He had a son born in Philadelphia (William Yearick GEARHEART) 29 jun 1857, He had other Brothers and Sisters but I do not know they're names. He later went to Montour county where I found him with His wife Lucilla LEWIS and 3 younger children on the 1880 Census Arthur age 27, William age 24, Salute age 19. any help would be appreciated.
- ESHER, SHUSTER posted by L-B Rhodes on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Need any connections to the following:
1. George ESHER, Sr., Captain in Ezekeil Lett's Company, Col. Bradford's Brigade, Am. Rev.
2. His son. George ESHER, Jr., a drummer boy in same unit as father's.(b.Sept. 12,1766 d. Feb. 26,1855) Married Sarah Shuster of Philadelphia.
3. Their son George ESHER, III (b. May 17,1795 d. Feb. 5,1828) married on Nov. 9,1820, Louisa Ann SHUSTER daughter of Ann and Jacob SHUSTER of Phialadelphia.
- LINK, NEFF posted by Gladys Neff Martz on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Am looking for information on Wendelin and Barbara Link Neff who came to Philadelphia between 1861-65 from Bavaria or Switzerland. Their daughter Katharina was born in Germany, Other two children, John (1864) and Albert (1866) born in Philadelphia. Need info also on John who died in 1887.
- BOYLE, MALLOY posted by Leslie Boyle on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- BOYLE, Michael Joseph came from Ireland and married MALLOY, Anna. Their son BOYLE, Michael, Joseph Jr. was born in Philadelphia in 1857. Unknown if they had any other children. Looking for any information. Thank you.
- LASCOM posted by Glenn Stephens on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for any info on the LASCOM family. Believe James, b1797 left for Lebanon County and died there 2 Mar 1861. Possible father was John LASCUM (1764?-1802). Posible mother Sarah LASKUM who died 19 Aug 1828. Other couples were Benjamin & Mary LASCOM and William and Christina LASCUM. John was possible Revolution vet. Only church of record was Gloria Dei, Old Swedes, or Wicaco Church. Would also like background on history and denomination of that church. What nationality is the name? Thanks.
- PRICE posted by Michael L. Larson on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Researching ancestors of John Price born June 7, 1797 and possible links to the Price Cemetery in Philadelphia. Any information regarding the cemetery, it's Price connection, and relations would be appreciated. The above John Price emmigrated to Ohio and died there in Union County on Sept. 19, 1848.
- BLACK, BURGESS, DARRAH, INGHAM posted by Jim Black on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am doing research on these families who all lived in the City of Philadelphia. Interested in any additional information or can share the info that I have with others doing similar research:
BLACK family - came from Milford, DE abt 1900 - still in Phila. and surrounds
DARRAH family - came from Centralia, PA abt 1900 - still in Phila.
INGHAM family - came from England in 1886 - still in Phila area.
BURGESS family - came from Scotland in 1881 - last known member died in Phila. in 1983.
- MEREDITH posted by Alfred Skinner on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- MEREDITH, LOUISA: b. ca 1818 Blockley Twp, PA.,w. of James Childsseek provenance and ancestry of parents ?Samuel M. & Rachel ?Blyther ?Lehman.
- MCCARTHY posted by Alfred Skinner on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seek b. dates & places and ancestry of Amanda McCarthy, b. 17 July 1821, Philly, Chr. Moravian Ch. 25 Oct, 1821, w. of John Alexander Bell. Cousinly correspondence has her fa. William McCarty, b. Nova Scotia, mo. ?, gf. James McCarty, gm. Sarah Munro. Need provenance & sources.
- BELL, LESHER posted by Alfred Skinner on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seek anc. of John Alexander Bell, b. 2 Apr. 1820, Philly, m. Amanda McCarty. Cousinly correspondence id. par. as John Bell, b. Scotland, Julia Ann Lesher, b. Scotland; both bur. Robinson's Cem., Phila. ? rel. of Alexander Graham Bell?
- GARDINER, GARDINIER, GARDNER posted by Rebecca Laird on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Peter Gardner was born 7 Jan 1736 in Blockley twp, Philadelphia, PA. I am looking for any information about him, and possible ties to CORNELIA JANE GARDINER (b. NY), who may be his granddaughter. She is my ggg-grandmother. Thank you!
- FARLEY posted by Anne Chesney on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for a family line of Farley, Joseph, all I know is that he had lived in Philadelphia. But moved to Hutchinson, KS where my grandmother was born Nov.24,1890, her name was Anna Elizabeth Farley, she was the oldest of six kids, others were Jim, Eda, Helen, Margaret, Joe,. Joseph Farley married Hannah Rukes, who was from Brazil, Ind(clay county). Can you please help me.
- HANCOCK, HUMPHREY, SAMUELS posted by Harry Pontius on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for information on these three Quaker families. SAMUELS and HUMPHREY are Welsch. Need any data prior to 1750 to assist in correlating bits and pieces. Thanks in advance
- BEDFORD posted by Darla Bedford Moe on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am hoping to locate records of any kind pertaining to my grandfather Daniel Oliver Bedford who was born somewhere in Philadelphia County in July of 1882. City of Philadelphia shows no birth record there. I would like to learn the names of my great-grandparents. Daniel Oliver Bedford married May Hannah Coleman, the parents of my father, Edwin Paul Bedford, 1910-1990.
- KUPIEC, NOWAK posted by Donald Nowak on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Anyone having info on Martin Nowak (b.1861) or Mary Kupiec of Bridesburg. Martin Nowak is fm. Zerkow Poland came to US in the 1880's. Children - Rose,Mary & Leo. Leo born 1899 married Frances Carlo.
- MARKLE posted by Ricardo Barrera on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- In 1903 Joseph W. Markle married Annie May Shay. They resided in Roxborough, at 4712 Pechin Street. He was a motorman. I am seeking any information regarding possible children for them.
- SCOTT posted by Ricardo Barrera on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Susanna SCOTT, married George Robert Price. Her mother's married name was Elizabeth Scott. They resided in Philadelphia 1840 - 1900. Seeking information regarding the Scott family, the name of her father.
- CARBERRY, COOL posted by Michael Cool on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information regarding the children or parents of John Cool and Isabella Carberry, an Irish couple who lived at 408 Hart Lane, Philadelphia, PA during the late 1800s. He was born ~May 1851, in PA; she was born ~July 1853 in PA.
According to a brief diary, she recorded the birth dates of their thirteen children. They are as follows: Adam Cool (b. 21 Nov 1875), Alice Cool (b. 24 Nov 1877), James Cool (b. 14 Jun 1879), George Cool (b. 23 Dec 1880 - d. ~1950), Edward Cool (b. 25 Mar 1882 - d. 26 Sep 1882), John Cool (b. 11 May 1883 - d. 18 Apr 1921), Frank Cool (b. 9 Jan 1885), Kate Cool (b. 30 Sep 1886), Isabella Cool (b. 13 Dec 1887), Elizabeth Cool (b. 1 Mar 1889 - d. 29 Jan 1893), William Cool (b. 21 May 1891 - d. 22 Sep 1899), Margaret Cool (b. 21 May 1893), and Emma Cool (b. 7 Aug 1896).
Any help would be appreciated.
- CLAYFIELD, EICHELBERGER, GLAYFIELD posted by Ronald L. Worley on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seeking information about John Clayfield of New Hanover Twp. tax lists, 1779-1783. It appears he died in ca. 1783. Was he the same who served in the Fourth Battalion Philadelphia Co. Militia, Capt. Markley's Company, during the Revolution? Was he the same who married Catharina Eichelberger, widow of Georg Sebastian, in 1779? Where was he buried? Was he related to John Clayfield/Glayfield of New Hanover Twp., Montgomery Co., 1785-1801?
- HICKS posted by Edward Hicks on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for information on family history for Patrick A. Hicks, born prior to 1911. Married to Hannah McGovern until death 1960. Arrived from Cork County, Ireland as youth.
- HESSER, ULHMANN posted by Donald D Kelley on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Johann Conrad HESSER was married in Philadephia Co., PA in 1755 to Anna _______. His sons were Peter Conrad, who was born in 1760 and Andrew, who was born in 1762 in Philadephia Co. PA. Barbara ULHMANN was born 1738 in Philadephia Co. PA in 1738 She married Frederick BAUM and moved to OH. Her parents were Frederick Englehart and Elizabeth ULHMANN. Any information on these two families will be greatly appreciated.
- BREHAUT, HOLCOMBE, MELCHOIR, SMITH, VANDEREN posted by Marcie Van Deren on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Matthew VAN DEREN m: Lydia BREHAUT, in 1785, Christ Church, Phila. John VAN DEREN Jr. m: Esther MELCHOIR, in 1789, Christ Church, Phila. Would like more info. on Thomas SMITH, Supreme Court Judge of Penn. who married Letitia VAN DEREN, like where did they live in Phila.? Need a cemetery for John VAN DEREN SR., died 1789, Quaker or Lutheran. In which Quaker cemeteries would I look for Charles VAN DEREN, died June 1811 and "buried in Friends Burying Ground", Phila. according to the cemetery return to the city office for the week of June 23, 1811. I assume there was more than one and I need to know which ones existed in 1811. Family home was the old Andrew Robeson mansion near the Wissahocken, according to family information.
Any information on the above named persons would be appreciated!
- KING posted by Francis X. King on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seeking any info on Samuel Aloysius King ,born on 1 June,1898. He is son of thomas J.King & Margaret King [nee Moss]. S.A.King lived in South Philly as young man,West Philly later,Rinehart St.,6001 or 6003Kingsessing ave.,5914 Springfield Ave.,5106 Hazel Ave. Moved to Fla. in late 50's,died 13Sep,1959. S.A King served in U.S. Army in WW1. Any info on S.A.King or parents greatly appreciated.
- PATTERSON posted by Rob & Lana Patterson on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- PATTERSON, ROBERT JAMES
Born: Dec. 6, 1886
Orphaned: Attended Girard College in Philadelphia for Orphans
Worked: Bureau of Municipal Research (Philadelphia)
Would like any information regarding his parents...We don't even know their names. Talked about a grandmother with the surname WIRTH
- DELONG, SEATON posted by Guy E. DeLong on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am seaking information on a Captain SEATON who possibly defended Philadelphia against Gen. Howe in the Revolutionary war. Supposedly his wife's maiden name was DeLong.
- CULLEN posted by Wanda Cullen Lerma on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am research the family line of THOMAS CULLEN. His parents were PATRICK JOSEPH CULLEN and ANNA MATAMORE. He immigrated to the USA from Ireland via England in 1880 to Philadelphia, PA. He spent some time in Fayette County, then at some point moved to Alleghany County where my grandfather FRANKLIN LUTHER CULLEN was born in 1885. THOMAS CULLEN was naturalized Sept. 5, 1888 in Philadelphia. PATRICK JOSEPH CULLEN was naturalized on Mar. 16, 1891. Any information on this persons were be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- HILL posted by Jeff Duelley on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am loking for a IDA HILL married to a CHARLES HILL both of Philadelphia in the 1945's believed to own a store in downtown Philly. Any information would be helpful.
- COSLOW posted by Sakena Patterson on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ANY DESCENDANTS OR SIBLINGS OF LEON COSLOW IN PHILIDELPHIA COUNTY. I AM ALSO SEEKING ANY AFRICAN AMERICANS WITH THE LAST NAME COSLOW IN PHILI.
- PANELLA posted by Jerry Bachman on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for info on the several Panella families who lived in the area of Carpenter St. in Philadelphia at the time of 1900 Census. Would like to contact descendants. Would also like info as to what Roman Catholic parish and cemetery might have served the Italian immigrant community in that area at the time, and where records might be housed. Any info, tips, contacts, etc. would be MUCH appreciated.
- REIFF posted by Tom Riffe on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- My ancestor, Hans Reiff, is said to have arrived in Philadelphia around 171 with two brothers, Abraham and John Jacob. I would truly appreciate any assistance with this research.
- GROGG posted by William Schwartz on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- SALOMON GROGG WAS MY DIRECT ANCESTOR. hE WAS BORN IN PENNSYLVANIA (PHILADELPHA COUNTY?) ON 23 fEBRUARY 1784. HE HAD A SON NAMED ABRAHAM WHO WAS ALSO BORN THERE ON 9 OCTOBER 1809. THEY LATER MOVED TO OHIO. ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE ON SALOMON I WOULD APPRECIATE.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
- OCONNOR posted by Theresa M. Premo on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am interested in finding info on O'Connor family. Namely Patrick O'Connor b.ca. 1824 in Ire. d. Sept. 25, 1894 in Philadelphia, Pa. His wife name Mary (unknown) b.ca 1826 d. May 9, 1892. Came over on the Lady Sail ship from Ire. and landed in the US on Jan. 11, 1851. His children were Mary A. 1854-7/14/1894 m. Charles Potts, William 1855-6/25/1898 m. Elizabeth, Daniel Patrick b7/16/1857 m. 1st wife Catherine Haines, 2nd wife unknown. I understand he was of high rank in the Philadelphia Police Dept. He was known as DayPay. Cannot find any more info on him other than that. I beleive they lived on a street called Katur or Decatur St. Any help would be appreciated.
- CASH, SELLERS posted by Evelyn Ross on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Am looking for any information on Elizabeth Cash SELLERS or her father Thomas CASH. Here is an obituary in Carroll Parish, Louisiana local paper Feb. 18, 1867: Died, in the city of Philadelphia, on Monday, 28th, January 1867, Elizabeth M. wife of Matthew B. Sellers, of Lake Providence, Louisiana, and daughter of the late Thomas Cash. Funeral from the residence of her sister, No. 235 South 13th street, on Thursday morning, 31st of same month. Interment at Woodland's Cemetery. 1) Am looking for marriage certificate of Matthew &Elizabeth. 2) Who was her sister? 3) Is there a headstone at Woodland's Cemetery? 4) Any obituary in Philadelphia newspaper? Any information from Philadelphia pertaining to the CASH or SELLERS families would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- SCHEIBLE, SCHEIVLE, SHIVLEY, SORCH, SORG posted by Martha Baker Smith on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Seeking info concerning the following: (1) Christopher (Christian) Scheivle (Scheible), b 12 Jul 1819 Durrwenz-Muhlacker Germany, m 17 Aug 1851, died between 1859 &1863? (2) his wife, Katherine (Catherina) Sorch (Sorg), b 10 May 1823 Waldmar Germany, immigrated to US 1847, d 5 Jun 1906 Hickory Twp, PA (3) daughter Rosanna(Roszina) b 4 Sep 1853 Philadelphia, PA (4) son Friedrich b 1 Oct 1855 Philadelphia, PA (5) daughter Ema b 16 Aug 1858 d 7 Nov 1861 Philadelphia? (6) son John b 18 Oct 1860 d 3 Nov 1861 Philadelphia? My family descends via Rosanna in Hickory Twp beginning in 1863. I sure would like to fill in the blanks concerning this line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- BLAKESLEE, BLAKESLY posted by Sue Pearce on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- My ancestor Joel Blakeslee/ly lived in the Philadelphia vacinity in the 1850's. He was born in CT, lived in PA in the early 1800's where he was married, moved to Burlington County NJ and later to Camden County NJ with a second wife named Ann Turner. I believe he worked in Philadelphia. Any information would be appreciated.
- CARROLL, GORMAN posted by Carol Bibler Phares on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I would appreciate some help in finding the parents of Mary CARROLL (b. 1817, d. 4 Jun 1898). I don't know where she was born, but she married Thomas GORMAN (b. 1817, d. 6 Jul 1882). They are buried in the Cathedral Cemetary in Philly. Thank you in advance.
- DOLSON posted by Marvin Solberg on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- DOLSON, WILLIAM DUNN. Born ca. 1801 in Philadelphia to John/Johannes Dolson (6/16/1754 - 4/8/1838) and Catherine Hilnem/Hillman (b. ca. 1759) 9th (approx) of 27 children said to be born of John (by 2 or 3 wives: Catherine was 1st or 2nd, Elizabeth Carr was 2nd or 3rd). Current state of our tree shows Catherine having 19 of John's 27 children (including William Dunn). Have seen indications that another, unknown to us, wife may have borne some of those 19 (perhaps even William Dunn). Any info much appreciated!
- SCATCHARD, WRIGLEY posted by Mary Martin on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for info on WILLIAM SCATCHARD cousion to WILLIAM WRIGLRY JR b Phil1961 father WM. Wrigley Sr.b1833. Thanks
- HINKLE posted by Jan Walker on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- HINKLE, Mary, born about 1778 and died 7 April 1836 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., PA. She married Jacob Hollowbush. She was a shopkeeper. Should be buried in Philadelphia County?
- HOLLOWBUSH posted by Jan Walker on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- HOLLOWBUSH, JACOB H. born in Frederick, Philadelphia, PA in 1774. Married a Mary HINKLE. He was a mason and farmer. Children were JOSEPH, JACOB H. born 1809, GARCIA.
- DIMOND posted by Mary Elizabeth Ortzman on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- My father's family name is Dimond. I need to know about anyone from Ireland who knows about it's meaning. I understand that the name comes from County Derry, Ireland. My father's name was Francis Thomas Dimond, but he went by the name of Frank Dimond. His parents were Frank and Florence Carey Dimond. I understand that my great-grandparents were Frank and Julia Altmier Dimond. Both my father and grandfather were born in Philly.
- HERDMAN posted by Joy Firtell on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- John Henry Herdman was born in Phil. Pa. 27 Nov. 1869. Cannot find a record of his birth with the name of his parents. I believe his father is also John Henry Herdman and his mother is Rachel Baker. Any information will be appreciated!
- FORD, JOYCE posted by Sue Rosa on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for information on Michael Joyce and Hannah Ford, both listed on the 1860 census in Philadelphia. Michael is listed in the 10th precinct of 23rd Ward and worked as a laborer for C.W. Harrison. I am trying to find out if there were any other relatives of Michael's with him in Ireland. Also, if the name Daniel Sullivan has some importance since his name was listed on Michael's naturalization papers as a witness. When did he leave Phila?
Re: Hannah, she worked as a domestic in the home of Thomas Singer, a merchant. Did she have a sister, Ellen? When did she leave Phila? Did either of them belong to any Irish organizations or parishes? I will be grateful for any information. Thanks
- NOON, NOONAN, NOONE posted by Kevin P. Noone on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for descendants or relatives of Thomas NOONE (NOONAN,NOON) b1863 d12/29/1906 of Lost Creek, Schuykill County, Pennsylvania. A former resident of Locust Gap, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania ,he married Sarah COXE of Lost Creek on 10/22/1889. He had a brother Patrick John NOONE(NOONAN,NOON) b1855 who also lived in the Lost Creek area. Patrick was married to a Mary DEANE. Both brothers immigrated via Philadelphia in 1879? and 1880?. Patrick's grandson was a Monsignor in the Philadelphia Archdiocese. Both worked in the mines in the Shenandoah/Lost Creek area. Thomas was killed in 1906 in Packer #10 mine owned by the Lehigh Coal Company. His oldest son Michael James NOONE b1890 d1971 raised 6 other brothers and sisters. He married Mary Veronica McDONALD b1891 d1973. Her parents were Patrick J. McDONALD b1853 d1910 and Elizabeth BRENNAN b1865 d?. Elizabeth BRENNAN was the aunt of Cardinal Francis BRENNAN. The descendents of this family are actively search for any and all relatives. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- ANTONUCCI posted by Joyce Furfaro on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for a Mr. Antonucci who was about 35 (+/- 5 yrs) in 1930. He would have lived in the Philly area, perhaps north of Philly. His parents came here from Italy, but they may have returned to Italy. He was married at the time mentioned (1930). He knew my grandmother, Theresa Capparelle during this time.
- HARPER posted by John M. Williams, Sr. on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for any information on the HARPER family, specifically John Harper who arrived in Philadelphia on 2 August 1682 and died on 29 April 1716.
- FISHER posted by Valerie Foster on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I have a paper that has info that was copied from my great-great grandmother's bible. The names of the parents are William S. Fisher Sr. and Jennie Miller Fisher. And it lists all 11 of their childrens names, birthdates, and the exact address in which they were born...all but one being in Philadelphia, PA. The children's names are as following(in birth order): William S. Fisher Jr., Jacob G.Fisher, Jennie M.Fisher (how I am related), Grace D.Fisher, Myrtle T.Fisher, Mamie E.Fisher, George McMahen Fisher, Paul E. Fisher, Dorothy Fisher, and Thelma Musetta Fisher.I would like any info about this part of my family. Thanks!
- FOSTER posted by Valerie Foster on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for information about my family from Philadelphia. Joseph Foster married Mattie Edwards and had 9 children: Charles, Vernon, Iona, David, Erma, Belford, Joseph, Paul (my grandfather), and Pearl. I know that both parents, Charles, Iona, and Belford died of the flu in 1918. Vernon, Joseph and Pearl also died very young. I would love to know any info on anyone in this family.
- EDWARDS posted by Valerie Foster on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for information about my family from Philadelphia. I know that David Edwards married Liza Jane and had 7 children (I only know 2 of their names...James William Newell Edwards and Charles Lewis Edwards). Charles Lewis Edwards married Florence Flint and had 4 children: David, Carrie, Mattie (my relation), and Harry. I would love to know any info on anyone in this family.
- BAINES, BAKER, FORD, UNRUH, WAGER, WILSON posted by Brenda Antal on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am searching for descendants of Samuel FORD (b. 15 Nov 1828 Old Basford, Eng; imm abt 1847 to Phila; d. 23 Jul 1911) and his wife (m. 28 Oct 1848) Ellen WILSON (b. 18 Dec 1830; imm abt 1843 to Phila; d. 29 Dec 1917). They lived in the Frankford Phila area and had the following children:
John FORD b. 11 Oct 1849 d. 13 Mar 1859
Kezia FORD b. 4 Apr 1852 m. ?? BAINES 2nd m. Joseph WAGER
James Wilson FORD b. 27 Dec 1854 d. 16 May 1924 m. 12 Dec 1885 Ella Virginia UNRUH
Samuel Towers FORD b. 27 Apr 1858 m 1 Apr 1879 Annie M ??
John Page FORD b. 27 Nov 1860 d. 20 Jan 1865
Alfred Day FORD b. 22 Feb 1864 d. 20 Jan 1865
Florence N FORD b. 14 Oct 1867 d. 15 Mar 1890
Ellen (Helen or Nellie) FORD b. 1 Jan 1872 m. Frank Kline BAKER
Any info will be appreciated.
- HAMSON, MCKINLEY, STAINROOK posted by Barbara Wolfe on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I am looking for any information on my grandfather's family. Susan B. McKinley was b. 1875 in Philadelphia and married Ellis Hamson in 1900. They had three children; Ellis David, Harriet, and Alta. Susan McKinley was the daughter of Anna Stainrook and McKinley.
- MARSHALL posted by Jane P Justice on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for any possible Marshall family who had a son James b. ca. 1725-30 and who went to South Carolina by 1752. Where he applied for a land patent, listing himself a wife and two children, " having lately come from Philadelphia".
- OTTINGER posted by Michael J. Ottinger on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- OTTINGER, Christopher
Any info on parents, grandparents, historical info.
- STEPHENSON, STEVENSON posted by Vondora Karaky on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Looking for Benjamin Stevenson/Stephenson died in Philadelphia with his daughter Lillian Corzene between 1910 and 1930. Benjamin was married to Clara Kincheon of Travis County Texas. Benjamin Stevenson was born in 1853 in Tennessee or Arkansas.
It is rumored that he might have died in Byberry State Mental hospital. Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Benjamin Stevenson, please email me.
- BISHOP, DONOHUE, KLECKNER, POWER posted by Michael R. Sweeney on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Old Cathedral Cemetery contains the grave and lot owned by CATHERINE POWER (b. Ire. 1834, d. Phil. 17 Dec 1913). Along with her are persons named DONOHUE, BISHOP, and KLECKNER. Catherine was a governess for one of the Biddle families. Any connection, leads, comments, etc. will be appreciated as to more on these families. Thanks.
- BLACKWOOD, COOK, HAAS, HAMERICK, HAMRICK, HAMRICKE posted by Jean Jondreau on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- I'm looking for any info. on the above surname. Some of the names maybe spelled diffrently, like Hamerick,Hamricke. These Familys had connections to Germantown,PA. All had familys who settled in North Carolina and South Carolina. Any help would be great. If I can help you,please write.
- PEGG posted by James H. Lee on Tuesday, April 15, 1997
- Still looking for information on Daniel Pegg, several generations with this name in Philadelphia in the late 1600s and 1700s. Also looking for info on Daniel Pegg III Estate in Philadelphia. Received one E-mail on last inquiry but unable to reply due to error in return E-mail address. Hope this person in Toronto, Canada will send another message as I have interest in corresponding. Any info on Peggs appreciated.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project