- SHRIVER posted by Christine Stallwood on Sunday, November 3, 1996
- I am searching for info regarding the ancestors and descendants of John Shriver m. Hester. Supposedly they had two children: (1) Unknown Son had a daughter named Emma Shriver m. Duncan Carson - 2 children: Frances and Mary Carson; (2) Isaiah Shriver (b. 1824, d. 7 Mar 1891) m. Amanda Jeffries (b. 15 Dec 1838, d. 23 Dec 1915) - 1 child: Frank Jay Shriver (b. 10 Oct 1869, d. 27 Jul 1940) m. 30 Jun 1896 to Anna Berger.
- BESSONETT, FOX, FUCHS posted by Dale Stewart on Tuesday, November 5, 1996
- I am researching these families who lived in Germantown, Philadelphia and in Bristol Borough. The dates range from 1700 to 1890.
- BUTLER posted by Gloria Holback on Tuesday, November 5, 1996
- Rebecca BUTLER, daughter of Jane (BARRY) BUTLER, was born 10 January 1733, died 30 August 1808. Married John WILLCOX, of Chester Co., Pa. Rebecca BUTLER, was born in Philadelphia. Who was her father? Her mother Jane BARRY, was also of Philadelphia. Who was Jane BARRY'S husband?
- BARRY posted by Gloria Holback on Tuesday, November 5, 1996
- BARRY, Jane.....born about 1700 in Philadelphia, Pa. Who was Jane BARRY'S parents? Siblings? She married _ _ _ _ _ _ BUTLER circa 1720-1730. Who was her husband? Any information about the BARRY family of Philadelphia is appreciated.
- FORSTER posted by Edward Ferrett on Monday, November 11, 1996
- I am trying to research information about My grandfather who may have owned a candy-tobacco store in Philadelphia on Market street in the vicinity of the Liberty Bell. Between 1880 to 1900. We think his name was JOHN FORSTER. I would appreciate any infornation I can get if such a store existed and who the owners were.
- SHUPP posted by Keith L. Shoop on Monday, November 11, 1996
- I am looking for information regarding Jacob Shupp, who I understand arrived in Philadelphia in the mid-1700's aboard the ship "Anne", and his descendants.
- LYLE posted by F.M Martos on Wednesday, November 13, 1996
- believe Jacob LYLE was born in Philadelphia c. 1799, need parents names. Lived there until at least 1830, during which time he married Elizabeth (need last Name). Need anything available on James LYLE (brother?).
- DEWARDENER, SAPORTAS posted by Pati deWardener on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information on Gabrielle SAPORTAS born in Philadelphia 1800's. Married Rudolf De Wardener (born, Austria. Two sons(?) Edouard and Max. Edouard born 10/22/88 New Youk, NY.
- CAMPBELL, HANNA, HANNAH posted by Jennifer E. Day on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Searching for information on the following family:
Hugh CAMPBELL (b. 1738 in Ireland, d. 1814 in Madison Co., KY) married Mary HANNA(h) (b. Philadelphia, Philiadelphia Co., Pennsylvania, d. 1783 in Lincoln Co.,(changed to Madison Co.in 1785) Kentucky) on January 29, 1760 in Philadelphia, Philiadelphia Co., Pennsylvania. Their children: Charles, James, Isaac, William, Samuel, Thomas, John, Elizabeth, Mary, Becky, and Benjaming A. Campbell.
- HARVEY, MCGOLDRICK posted by John Hoban on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am seeking information on the family of William HARVEY born x 1831/1832 Donegal, Ireland, died 4 Oct., 1886, Phila., PA. He emigrated to New York in 1853. He moved to Philadelphia were he met and married Catherine MCGOLDRICK x 1855/1857. Catherine MCGOLDRICK was born x 1836/1838, Phila., PA, died 25 May, 1889, Phila., PA William and Catherine HARVEY had six children; Hugh b. 1856/1857, Catherine b. 1860/1861, John M. b. 1863/1864, Mary Ann b. 25 Oct., 1867, Joseph b. 1873/1874, Charles b. 1875/1876. William HARVEY was a blacksmith/ horseshoer by trade and had a shop at 2130 Germantown Ave., Phila.
- HOBAN, MCLAUGHLIN posted by John Hoban on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am seeking information on the family of Thomas A. HOBAN, born 7 Aug., 1862, Killeenacoff, County Mayo, Ireland, died 20 Apr., 1937, Phila., PA. He emigrated in 1883 to Philadelphia, PA. Thomas married Catherine (Kate) Rose MCLAUGHLIN on the 29 Jan., 1888 in Philadelphia. Catherine MCLAUGHLIN was born 8 Sept., 1865 Chester, England, died 29 Apr., 1930, Phila., PA. Her family originated from Castlebar, County Mayo, Ireland. Thomas and Catherine HOBAN had eight children; Larwence b. Oct., 1888, KS; Mary Elizabeth b. Sep., 1890, KS; Thomas Lee b. Dec., 1892, KS; Kathryn A. b. Jan., 1895, KS; Anna J. b. Feb., 1897, PA; Edward b. Aug., 1899, PA; Agustine J. b. 1902, PA; Walter Joseph b. 13 Apr., 1904, PA. While living in Philadelphia Thomas HOBAN was a steamfitter and foreman at the ARCO Oil Works.
- BURKE, HOBAN, NOLAN posted by John Hoban on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am seeking family information and the descendants of Patrick Hoban. born 17 Mar., 1859 in Killeenacoff, County Mayo, Ireland. He emigrated to Philadelphia, PA in 1875. He married Julia BURKE in Philadelphia x 1881/1882. Patrick and Julia HOBAN had three children: Edward John* b. Jul., 1882, Philadelphia, PA; Thomas J. b. Aug., 1885, Philadelphia, PA; Patrick F. b. Mar., 1889, Philadelphia, PA.
*Edward John HOBAN married Anna E. NOLAN (b. 21 May, 1890) on the 17 Jun., 1916 in Philadelphia, PA. Edward HOBAN was a mail carrier.
- DICK posted by Michael Dick on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information on the DICK family. Joseph Henry DICK (1824-1900) was born in Alexandria, VA. He migrated to Philadelphia via Detroit after serving with the Baltimore and DC Volunteer Army in the Mexican War. He was married twice: first to Jane McCartney then in 1856 or 1857 to Bridget Gillespie. They had four children: David (1859-?), Mary (1867-?), George (1872-1918) and William (1878-?) Joseph died at 1249 S. Mole Street. Son George was a hoseman with Engine Company 46 of the Philadelphia Fire Department. He died as the result of a fire on 5 Oct 1918. He was married to Anna Welch. They has a son, George (1902-1978) and a daughter (possibly adopted) named Anna who died in the early 1980's. George was an electrician and was born at 1105 Pierce Street. He lived in Upper Dary when he died.
- AMOS posted by John Hoban on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am seeking information on the AMOS family in Philadelphia County. Joseph AMOS was born in 1802 in PA. Joseph and his wife Mary (nee?) had 9 children; Ann b. 1828/1829, Margaret b. 1831/1832, William b. 1833/1834, Isaac b. 1835/1836, Ellen b. 1837/1838, John b. 1839/1840, Washington b. 1841/1842, Mary b. 1844/1845, Louisa b. 1848/1849. This family was originally from Upper Merion Township (early 1800s) and they later settled in the Kensington area of Philadelphia (x1850s). Joseph was listed as a farmer in 1830 and a engineer in 1850.
Joseph AMOS was the son of Walter AMOS & Ann ROBERTS. Walter AMOS was the son of Johann Jacob AMOS b. 2 Apr., 1754 (he went by Jacob) & Elizabeth (nee?). Johann Jacob AMOS was the son of Jacob AMOS & Sophia WALTERS. Jacob AMOS was born x 1720.
- MCGOLDRICK, MCMENNAMIN posted by John Hoban on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am seeking information on the family of John MCGOLDRICK and his wife Bridget MCMENNAMIN. John MCGOLDRICK and Bridget MCMENNAMIN were born between 1799 and 1802 in Northern Ireland. They emigrated to Philadelphia on 25 June, 1828 aboard the ship "ASIA". John and Bridget had 4 children; Patrick b. 1826/1827 Ireland, Charles b. 1829/1830 Phila., Michael b. 1835/1836 Phila., Catherine b. 1836/1838 Phila. The MCGOLDRICK's ran a hotel/tavern at 240 Christian St., Phila., PA. John and his son Patrick were also Tailors. John MCGOLDRICK died 3 Oct., 1863 and Bridget died 24 Feb., 1872.
- SHOEMAKER posted by Gary Hinkle on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Seeking all data from 1697. Will share all with you.
- ELLIS, SCOTT posted by Cole Baker on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Searching for information on Ellis/Scott in and around Phila., PA. 1830-1870.
Interested in books or others who are searching this area.
- DOTTERER posted by Paula Radwanski on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information on all descendants of George Philip DOTTERER (d. Nov. 1741 Frederick Twp., Philadelphia Co., PA) and wife Veronica (d. Oct. 1752 where?). They had: Michael, Hieronimus/Jerome, Barbara, Bernhard, Anna Elizabeth, Conrad and Johann.
- HANSELMAN, HEINSELMAN, MARCHERLIN, STEINROCK posted by Paula Radwanski on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information on Hans Jurg HANSELMAN/HEINSELMAN (b. 1724) married 2 Feb. 1752 Philadelphia Co. to Maria Christina MARCHERLIN. Only known child is Anna Barbara wife of Christian STEINROCK, were there others?
- DOUGHERTY, WALSH posted by Marie Cini on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am trying to find information on the Bernard Dougherty's at 2846 S. Randolph St. in Phila. Looking for for ancestral line back to Bellaghy, County Derry, Ireland. Also Maryann Walsh the same location and background.
- ADIDDLE, ADUDDLE, DIDDLE posted by Steve Diddle on Friday, November 15, 1996
- William (Adiddle) came to Philidelphia Co. In the 1740's from Northern Ireland. Any information concerning his father would be appreciated. Anyone researching the ANDERSONS, or ELLIOTS who intermarried with the Diddles during that timeframe please contact me. thank you.
- CLYMER, RECE posted by Beverly White on Friday, November 15, 1996
- ALLEN RECE, Born Bucks Co. PA 10/7/1759. Married MARY CLYMER (b. 9/9/1763) in Philadelphia in 1780. I believe Allen was Welsh. They stayed in Bucks Co. until 1783, when they moved to Bedford Co., VA. Children: JOSEPH RECE, ABIA RECE, and SALLIE RECE. Any information about parents of ALLEN RECE, or other relatives, would be most appreciated.
- MILLER posted by Claude Miller on Friday, November 15, 1996
- MILLER, Peter, born between 1880 and 1890 in Philadelphia County. My grandfather.
- BYRNE, DUNNE, MARTIN, QUINN posted by Maryann Walker on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Am researching relatives as follows:
BYRNE s in Phila since at least 1880. Ancestors Ireland. MARTIN and DUNNE married to produce daughter who married a BYRNE. MARTIN remarried a QUINN in early 1900s (vague) after MARTIN died.
Other relatives: SCHMIDHEISER, BURKE, REDHAUSER, THORNTON
- CONNOR, HUGHES, WALKER posted by Maryann Walker on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Ed and Mary O'Connor married in Ireland. They had a baby, James. James O'Connor married Mary Anne Hughes, also born in Ireland. They married in Philadelphia in the 1910s. They had Lillian who married Eugene Schwartz : they lived in Conshohoken. My dear great aunt Lil is still alive at 100! James and MaryAnne also had Anne, who married james Allan Walker from Illinois. I am Maryann Walker, Daughter of Joseph Walker, son of Ann and James Walker.
- EIMMERMANN, KAUSZ posted by Penny Hernandez on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am looking for any/all information on Leonhardt Kausz b? possibly in Alsace, arrived in Philadelphia by ship @ 1868. He married Marie Eimmermann b. 23 January 1835 (where?). I have information on descendants of his daughter Lenore Caroline Kausz, b. 13 November 1868 in Philadelphia. Thank you for any assistance.
- WAYNE posted by Joyce Robinson on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Seeking info about WAYNE family. ANTHONY WAYNE married HANNAH FAULKNER and moved to Chester Co. from Ireland in 1722. Two of their sons had sons named ABRAHAM. One of these Abrahams married MARY HOLLAND 10/6/1753, Christ Church, Philadelphia. Abraham had several children. Believe ABRAHAM lived in Baltimore, MD at some time. Belive two sons, WILLIAM and JOHN married and moved to KY. WILLIAM VAIN married AUDREY MILES (where and when)? JOHN WANE married MARGARET ALLENDER 6/27/1771 in BAltimore Co. MD. WILLIAM and JOHN moved to Washington Co. KY in 1790's.
- BOWMAN, EWART, LEMMON posted by Eric G. Lemmon on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am looking for the date of death and burial location of William H. BOWMAN/BOMMAN, b. about 1832 in Philadelphia. His daughter, Laura E. BOWMAN/BOMMAN (1857-1940) married Edmund Simpson LEMMON (1865-????) and had a daughter Grace E. LEMMON (1892-1894). Edmund's brother, Wilbur Summerfield LEMMON (1860-1934) married Jennie EWART (1861-1933), the daughter of John EWART and Jane MOORE. The dates of birth and death of John and Jane are unknown, but both were living in Philadelphia, as was William BOWMAN/BOMMAN, at the times of their death. Any information about them would be sincerely appreciated.
- GOWANS, HEATH, KERR posted by William J. Kerr Sr. on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for relatives of Marie E. Heath. She married William B. Kerr in Philadelphia, Pa. in 1914. marie was born in Baltimore, Md in 1894. She had a younger brother, Herbert V. Heath, born Md 1904? their Mother was known as Minnie Heath and married Sam Gowans around 1907. Mr Heath unknown.
Marie E. Heath Kerr died 28 jan 1919 and is burried at Mt. Moriah Cemetery, Philadelphia, Pa.
- MCELROY posted by William J. Kerr Sr. on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I'm working on the children and descendents of Edward Mc Elroy and Ellen McMullen. Married Philadelphia 1883.
1. Edward McElroy born 1884. Several wives. Five children -- Ella, William, Joseph, Peggy, and Edward.
2. Thomas McElroy born 1886/1887. Married Maggie?? Not believed to have had any children.
3. Ella McElroy born 1890. Married Charles Davis. Died 1974. No children.
4. William McElroy born 17 may 1892. Died 03 jan 1939. Married Marguerita Helene Gill. Three children William, John, and Marie.
5. John McElroy married Mary Gertrude Bachman. Two children. Mary (died in a fire 1920's) and Elizabeth.
6. Margrete McElroy born 1898???. Married George "Mahage" (not sure of the spelling of the last name). Known to have had a son named George who may have moved to NY.
- CUNNINGHAM, MAGUIRE posted by Valerie-Anne Lutz on Friday, November 15, 1996
- My great-grandmother, Helen (Nellie) Cunningham moved with her mother, four sisters, and possibly one brother from Schuylkill County (Girardville/Ashland) to Philadelphia some time around the turn of the century. Her sisters' names were Isabelle (Belle), Theresa (Tess), Della (Dell) and Anna (possibly Annie). They had one brother, Jack (John?), who supposedly "ran off to California" either before or after they moved and was never heard from again. Their mother's maiden name was Maguire (or possibly McGuire); her first name may have been Isabelle or the same as one of her other daughters. Their father's name also may have been Jack or John; from what I understand, he worked in the coal mines and died before they moved to Philadelphia's Nicetown section.
From piecing together small bits of information, I believe they may have moved to Philadelphia between 1895 and 1905, and that most of the children were probably born between 1875 and 1890. I am trying to find information on other "branches" of the Cunninghams and Maguires and hope to find information on previous generations. I have or can obtain all information on the people mentioned above and their descendents and hope to exchange this with people from other "branches" in exchange for information they may have. I would also appreciate any ideas for how to pursue my search. Thank you very much.
- BYRNE, CONNOR, DUNNE, HUGHES, MORAN posted by Maryann Walker on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for contacts in the following eras - Ireland to Philadelphia in the 1800s and 1900s.
Ireland to Philadelphia
Thomas DUNNE married Catherine MORAN in Ireland. Ellen Dunne was born in Ireland in 1861, died in Philadelphia on 3/21/1939. Ellen married Joseph Martin before or after she emigrated to Phialdelphia in the 1870s. They had Joseph MARTIN, Elizabeth, who married my grandfather Joseph Aloysius BYRNE, and Mary who was the oldest and died in a car accident at Broad and Girard Sts in 1922. Joseph Martin senior died in a shipbuilding accident in the 1910s, I think.
On the other side of my family:
Edward O'CONNOR and Mary NOLAN were born in Ireland. They had at least one son, possibly other children.
The son, James O'Connor was born on 1/1/1871 in Ireland and died on 2/2/1939 in Philadelphia. He married Mary Anne HUGHES who was born about 1872 in Ireland and died 2/23/1935 in Philadelphia.
They had several children one of whom, Anne O'Connor, was my paternal grandmother. Her sister, Lillian SCHWARTZ, is still living at 100 years old.
Anne O'Connor married James Allan WALKER, who was born on 3/2/1895 in Illinois. He is my grandfather and I would like to know more about him and all the folks -or even potential connections to - the people listed above.
- SHADRACH posted by Eirwyn Davies on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I believe that around 1840, or slightly earlier, there was a 'minister of the gospel' in Philadelphia by the name of William SHADRACH. He is said to have had an infant son by the name of Azariah SHADRACH at this time. The family originated from here, in Wales. Is anyone else researching this surname ? How do I discover whether the details mentioned above are correct?
- HAND posted by Dale Stewart on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I'm looking for any descendants of Anna Marie (Fox/Fuchs) Hand born in Philadelphia (or Germantown) in 1812 and died April 13, 1892.
- SHUTT posted by Winnie Calloway on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I would like any information on Jacob Shutt who arrived in Philadelphia on Oct 16, 1754. He came from Wirtemberg Southwest Germany. He was on the ship "Peggy". Capt was James Abercrombie. The ship started from Pottersdam and then went to Cowes, England.
- KNIGHT posted by Jack Mount on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Seeking the parents of Isaac KNIGHT Sr., a Quaker, b. 1665, d. 1750 Philadelphia Co., PA; mar. 1699 Mary CARVER. A source says his father might be a Robert KNIGHT; however, I have not seen confirmation of this.
- HENDERSON, MCDEVITT posted by Tim Conrad on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information on the family of John Henderson and wife Susan McDevitt. John was to have been a policeman perhaps in Philadelphia. Children: Anna Elizabeth, born 1894, married Robert Conrad (my grandparents), Mary, married Thomas Kerstetter, John Jr, and James. Something happened to the family while Anna was a child and she and her sister were put in a Catholic orphans home. (she was baptized at Church of St. Thomas Aquinas we know). Other than that, we've been at a dead end. As it's my grandmother, we would like to discover what happened to her family and where they came from, etc. Any help appreciated!
- DORAN, MAKIN, MAST, ROBINSON, ZERMAN posted by Avis Makin McCutchan on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Would like to share information on these names, Philadelphia PA.
- LAWLESS, SCHMELTZER, WALKER posted by Anthony T.P. Brooks on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Thomas Edward LAWLESS, Jr. was born in November 9, 1904 in Germantown, Philadelphia. He was the son of Thomas Edward LAWLESS and Emma Louise SCHMELTZER (born April 3, 1870). Emma SCHMELTZER was the daugther of Jane WALKER. The LAWLESS name comes from Galway and County Mayo in Ireland. I am interested in family history and present day relatives with the name of LAWLESS, SCHMELTZER, or WALKER from Philadelphia, Schuylkill, and Luzerne Counties.
- CRABBE, DUANE posted by Tami Brau on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am looking for information on William Henry Crabbe (1827-1903) and his parents Henry Selden Crabbe and Elizabeth Duane Crabbe (m. 1824). William H. Crabbe was from Philadelphia and born either in there or in Lancaster. His father, Henry S. Crabbe's family was from Lancaster. I can find no information on Eliazabeth Duane Crabbe other than an obscure listing of William Duane for her father. Does anyone have any info. on the Duane's from Philadelphia and Elizabeth Duane (b. 1801)?
- BERRY posted by Isobel Berry on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looklng for information re: Berry's in Phila. from 1824 through 1912. In particular looking for information re: John Richard Berry (DOB 1855- DOD 1911)- S. Phila and his wife Adelaide Lloyd (DOB- 1856-DOD 1912) and parents of John Richard Berry ( John (DOB 1824-Ireland) and Mary Berry (DOB 1826-Ireland). Also looking for siblings of Harry McClellan Berry (dod-10/101/1885) and his siblings Carrie Berry and Ida Berry.
- LLOYD posted by Isobel Berry on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information re:Phila. ancestors - James W. Lloyd and Mary Merchant Lloyd who came to Philadelphia abt 1870 from Bridgeport , CT. Had six children all of whom lived in Phila from abt 1879-1930. Names were Adelaide Lloyd Berry *a/k/a May Adelaide Lloyd Berry) (1856-1912- buried in Mt. Moriah). James Edward Lloyd - died in Phila. in 1871- buried in Oddfellows Cemetery. Does anyone know where this cemetery is located?. Harry M. Lloyd who was a wallpaper maker who lived in S. Phila. Charles A. Lloyd ( who served in the Civil War and died in 1903), Ida Lloyd Cain who died in 1917 and Eva Lloyd Williams. Mary Merchant Lloyd was a midwife in S. Phila. in the 1880's and 1890's. Would appreciate any information you may have about this family.
- KNITTER posted by Isobel Berry on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information re: Anthony P. Knitter and Mary Kollis Knitter who emigrated to Phila abt. 1890. Settled in Bustleton on Krewstown Road and farmed the area that is now Pennypack Park. Would appreciate any information regarding the transfer of this property to Fairmount Park and any information re: the city of origin of these people. I know they were from Germany but that's all I know.
- GSCHEIDLE posted by Isobel Berry on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information re: Gscheidle family in Phila. In particular looking for information re: Caroline Gscheidle Noller who emigrated her abt. 1880 and married Robert Noller in Philadelphia in a Lutheran church at 228 franklin Street., Phila. Does anyone know if such a church still exists?
- MAY, WITTMAN posted by Isobel Berry on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information regarding two Hungarian families who immigrated to Philadelphia in the 1880-1890's. Joseph A. May who was a glazer and did work on the windows in St. Bonaface's RC church in N. Phila. The Mays and Wittmans lived together at 2014 Palethorp Ave. Joseph A. May was born in Budapest in 1873. He married Anna T. Wittman who was born in 1879 in Budapest. Anna's parents Stephen Wittman and Teresa Wittman also immigrated to N. Phila. Anna T. Wittman May had a candy store in N. Phila. abt. 1910. All were members of St. Bonaface's parish.
- CARR posted by Marc A. Kelly on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am looking for information on Mary Carr, born 14 March 1874, Philadelphia. PA. She became a silent movie actress eg. "Wizard of Oz" 1925 as Aunt Em, and died in 24 June 1973 in Woodland Hills CA. She was mentioned as a relative by my Grandmother (35 years ago, so I forget the details). I am interested in any information about her ancestors and siblings if available. Thank you for your efforts.
- DOCTERMAN posted by Kristi Wells on Friday, November 15, 1996
- DOCTERMAN is the last name and Ethel is the first. She was born on July 25, 1893. Her parents were Benjamin Franklin DOCTERMAN born April 12, 1869 (father) and Eliza Ann DOCTERMAN born???? (mother). If it is possible I need all the information available on this family and its decendants. I would be very grateful if you could do this. Thank you very much.
- CORNEW, FRYER posted by Cheryle Winegar on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for info regarding Bessie Fryer of Phila. Born 1868 in Pa. Married John White Cornew of Lawrenceville, New Jersey in 1881. Mother of Hamill Hugh Cornew born july 1894 and two other children who did not survive. Found in Phila. on 1900 federal census. Need parents names and names of deceased children.
- DEHN, FLUGAN, MILLER, YERKES posted by Cheryle Winegar on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for information on Silas W. Miller and Regina Miller (nee Flugan???). They are found on the 1880 census in the city of Philadelphia on 11th Street. Silas sr. was born 1843 or 1844 in Md. according to the census and Regina was born 1843 in France. Their children were Marie Antoinette, Silas Jr., Stella, Charles B. and Blanche. Marie married Adolph Dehn and Stella married Harry Yerkes. No information has been found regarding Silas Jr., Blanche or Charles B. Also need info regarding the parents of both Regina and Silas Sr. Oral family history says that Regina's father was a guard at a French prison and that he was shot and killed while riding the prison perimeter on horseback. His name may have been Earl. Regina's mothers name may have been Antoinette. She is rumored to have made a brief visit to the US in the late 1890's or early 1900's but returned to France immediately. Any information greatly appreciated.
- LONGACRE posted by Ray Longacre on Friday, November 15, 1996
- I am searching for info on the LONGACRE family that was living in west Philly in the 1840s-1880s. the father was David and wife Emeline Hoskins. I know they had some connection to Asbury M.E Church at 3300 Chestnut back then.
- ELLIOTT posted by Dick Musselman on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for any information on William J. ELLIOTT. Civil War Pension lists birth at Philadelphia on March 12, 1836. He married Sybilla Boyer at Reading, Pa. on Sept. 30, 1857, and died at Allentown, Pa. on March 27, 1903. He is known to have had at least five brothers: Samuel, John H., Reuben, Jacob and James. What are the names of his parents? Is anyone doing Elliott family research in Philadelphia? I am willing to share all my available information on this family.
- BIRKENSTOCK, HOLLINGSWORTH, MCELROY, STRAIN posted by Paul T. McElroy on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Looking for Descendants of Gregory and Mary Birkenstock - prior address 725 E. Ontario Street. Gregory b. 1888 Mary b. 1892, seven or more children. David b. 1916 Jane b. 1917, Gregory b.1920 (ordained 1947) d. 1951 also Theresa, Joseph, Mary and Princess. Desire information on relatives / descendants of Thomas C. and Catherine (Kate McElroy) Hollingsworth last known address in 1935 was 2019 Brown Street. Would like to know who to contact for information on the death of Daniel Michael McElroy by drowning in the Delaware River about 1901. Daniel was a segarmaker. Last known address was 533 Spruce / 520 Pine. Information regarding Elizabeth Strain McElroy, mother of Daniel Joseph McElroy, he was born Camden, New Jersey in 1885. Elizabeth may have died in the town of Wilson, East Feliciania, Louisiana after 1910.
- BARR, FUNK, HESS, HUBER, KULP, MCELROY, RIEGEL, TOOHEY posted by Paul T. McElroy on Friday, November 15, 1996
- Would like to communicate with others who might be searching my line :- Nickolas Hess B.(1723) Zweibrueckem, Germany, arrived in the U.S. about 1741 probably sailing from Roterdam, Holland to Philadelphia, Pa. He married (1744) Catherine Funk B. 1726 Montgomery Co.Pa. They had five children my line was Conrad Hess B. 1/22/1746 Springtown Pa., he had seven children my line was George Hess B.5/19/1770 Springfield Twp. Pa. D. 12/23/1847 Springfield Pa., married Elizabeth Riegel, they had ten children, my line Hannah Hess (Huber) B. 5/22/1805 Springfield, Twp. Pa., her second marrige was to Levi O. Kulp B.5/4 1813 D.1/12 1854 they had two children, my line Emeline Kulp B. 7/21/1838 D.(1866/67) who married John J. Barr B.8/23/1835 ( Philadelphia Pa.) D. 4/24/1907 Philadelphia Pa. they had five children my line Mary Ann Barr B. 9/19/1863 Bethlehem Pa.(in the Center Hotel Broad and Center Sts.) D. 1/19/1938 Wildwood N.J. married John J. Toohey B.7/8/1862 Philadelphia Pa. D.9/16/1895 Philadelphia, they had three children, my line Mary Florence Toohey B. 8/18/1888 Philadelphia D.1969 Seattle Wa.married Daniel J McElroy B. 9/18/1885 Camden N.J. D.6/28/1977 Seattle Wa.
- FYE posted by Keith Fye on Saturday, November 16, 1996
- I am seeking information on the Fye family in Philadelphia County. Philip Fye was born in March 1837 in PA. Philip and his wife Mary E. (nee?) had 3 children; Rachel C. b. 1891, Charles H. b. 1896, Phillip S. b. 1897. Philadelphia census 1900. Philip was listed as a laboror. Any information on these lines would be greatly appreciated!
- REES, REESE, WHITEMAN posted by Fran Whiteman on Tuesday, November 19, 1996
- Rees Whiteman was included in 1820 censes of Phil.Co. By 1855, we find him in Montgomery Co Pa., where he was injured in a stagecoach accident where he was the driver. He died a few days later after removal of his lower leg. Only know decendent, William Arnold Whitemn, borned in Norristown, later served in Union Army during Civil War. He married Margaret Hill from Marshall Co. W VA. I am seeking to communicate with anyone working on the Whiteman line.
- ATRIS, EADER, EDERS, EDRIS, ETERIS, ETRIS posted by Hal Edris on Wednesday, November 20, 1996
- Interested in any information on the surnames EDRIS, EDERS, ETERIS, EADER, ATRIS, ETRIS, etc. Particularly any information from the 1700's and early 1800's. I have additional information on families married to Edris's.
- LECHLER, MCBEY, MCVEY, SCOTT posted by William J. Kerr Sr. on Thursday, November 21, 1996
- Searching for information on Henry Lechler and his wife Mary McBey (McVey). they lived at 1160 Clarion St. Philadelphia Pa. with their son in law John J. Kerr according to the 1880 Census.
Mary and Henry Lechler had two daughters. Mary, born 1862, Md and married to John J. Kerr. The second daughter, Ida, born 1868 in Philadelphia, married a Scott and lived for a time in South Philly.
According to the census Henry Lechler and both his parents were born in Pennsylvania. Mary McBey(McVey) and both her parents were born in Maryland.
Return to the Query/Surname Index Page
Return to Philadelphia County Genealogy Project
© 2001 Philadelphia County Genealogy Project